Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

BUSH 2112 posted:

I thought the cartoonist was referring to the fact that designing rockets that could put a man in space was just a nice side-effect of researching rockets that could rain down nuclear fire on the USSR. The space program was just the friendly face of the same old blood lust.

The smoke coming from the command module area of the rocket and the fact that it's from 1967 probably means it was in reference to Apollo I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

BUSH 2112 posted:

I thought the cartoonist was referring to the fact that designing rockets that could put a man in space was just a nice side-effect of researching rockets that could rain down nuclear fire on the USSR. The space program was just the friendly face of the same old blood lust.

I'm pretty sure it's just commenting on Apollo 1, but I do like the idea that it might be commenting on the militaristic roots of the Space Race and modern rocketry in general. I mean the first rockets as we tend to think of them were the V-2s of Germany.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

EXAKT Science posted:

This popped up on my Twitter feed:

Aside from the content, just look at those jpeg artifacts.

Holy poo poo is that a stylized Israeli flag for the scythe? A Stealth Dees Cartoon (ASDC).

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It's February 2012 in Dahl's Japan.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Is... is this anti-union? I honestly can't see what this could mean.

Oh wait, it's an 'Obama wants to turn the US into a prison/police state' thing, isn't it?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Is this a real H&C? It seems a bit too blatantly racist.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

quote:

In Barack Obama's unending quest to bring all Americans closer together, he announced an initiative called "My Brother's Keeper" which would funnel tax funds into helping only young black and hispanic males lift themselves up by their bootstraps, instead of lifting other people's wallets as they're presently doing.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

What's the point of applying this lovely filter when it doesn't make it look like you drew it anyways? If anything it makes it more pathetic since the guy is trying to pretend he did something other than slap word balloons over a picture.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the point of applying this lovely filter when it doesn't make it look like you drew it anyways? If anything it makes it more pathetic since the guy is trying to pretend he did something other than slap word balloons over a picture.

Sometimes he doesn't bother, and sometimes he finds drawings to use. Somehow this method is the worst of all :shrug:

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Ammat The Ankh posted:

don't worry. that guy's a liberal.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Hey, you know who else said you should be your brother's keeper?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

muike posted:

don't worry. that guy's a liberal.

Who as we all know are the real racists.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Probably some other Lefty Loon who couldn't bootstrap

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Someone should take a bunch of Jesus quotes and put them on an Obama picture and see how many right wingers get mad at what Obama's saying.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

If you ever get mad at a Hope and Change cartoon, just remember that the guy who does them is a failed children's entertainer. Like basically Robin Williams' character from Death to Smoochy.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

No seriously.

:wtc:

Somehow crazier with each passing strip.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Death? As in... dead?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
The craziest part about DBD remains that he uses movies from the 1970s and '80s to make jokes about politics from the 2010s. Like, gently caress, dude, I like Indiana Jones too but good movies have come out since then. In 2050 Chris Muir will make a joke about how Robotocrat's politics are a DREAM WITHIN A DREAM.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

If you ever get mad at a Hope and Change cartoon, just remember that the guy who does them is a failed children's entertainer. Like basically Robin Williams' character from Death to Smoochy.

He played a character named Captain Rainbowbeard

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Way to wimp out, Muir. Nut up and call for the death of politicians like a man!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"No, no, politically dead. Now here are their home addresses, wink wink nudge nudge."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Selachian posted:

"No, no, politically dead. Now here are their home addresses, wink wink nudge nudge."

"No no see, you're supposed to contact them. Like write them a letter and mail it to them. That will be better than calling or email."

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

134 Gaylord Drive, huh? Seems legit.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

BUSH 2112 posted:

No it is absolutely Apollo 1

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh wow, that's real. I honestly thought it was an edit since it's way too blatant. Especially since didn't he already post a cartoon today?

Maybe he got hacked? I mean I wouldn't be surprised if his FTP password was something like "SaRaHsTiTs2016"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Someone should take a bunch of Jesus quotes and put them on an Obama picture and see how many right wingers get mad at what Obama's saying.

You're welcome.

I now consider myself a political cartoonist on the same level as the Hope'n'Change guy.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

134 Gaylord Drive, huh? Seems legit.

Um, yes?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I mentioned it before the last time he brought up gun control and Connecticut, but I don't think he understands politics up here. Or, you know. That whole Sandy Hook thing. :geno:

And yeah, this is pretty much an unsubtle veiled threat isn't it?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

If only someone would do something . . .

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Asimo posted:

I mentioned it before the last time he brought up gun control and Connecticut, but I don't think he understands politics up here. Or, you know. That whole Sandy Hook thing. :geno:

And yeah, this is pretty much an unsubtle veiled threat isn't it?

Speaking of Sandy Hook, just what did Muir do after that happened?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Wasn't this dude a Scooby-Doo villain?

The Spooky Space Kook. I remembered him from the intro of some of the Scooby Doo episodes.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JaggerMcDagger posted:

No-one?

The usage of the phrase "My brothers keeper" in the bible only occurs when God is confronting Cain about the slaying of Abel. He simply comes back with "I do not know [where he is] - am I my brothers keeper?" - essentially "I dunno what happened to him and I don't see why I should care". Since Cain is lying and knows that he killed Able, the line doesn't mean that much - it could be taken as saying that not caring for the fate of your brother is as bad as murdering him, but that Cain actually murdered his brother undercuts this.

I've always felt the better line was Matthew 25:40 "That which you do unto the least of my brothers and sisters, that you do unto me" - its my favorite biblical passage and the one I have tried to live my life by the most.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Zemyla posted:

The Spooky Space Kook. I remembered him from the intro of some of the Scooby Doo episodes.

The raddest Scooby-Doo villain.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Speaking of Sandy Hook, just what did Muir do after that happened?

Something tasteful, as expected

And the quick edit courtesy of Jerusalem:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

colonel_korn posted:

Something tasteful, as expected

And the quick edit courtesy of Jerusalem:

Eh. At least it's not as bad as his Boston bombing comics, where he worked the bombings into an already established story arc.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Noted political cartoonist KC Green weighs in on the climate change debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Today's sinfest also contains incisive political commentary.

• Locked thread