Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Basically the first Deadshot episode is where the show finally finds its stride, partially because it shows just how comicbook Arrow is willing to go and partially because Ollie's supporting cast starts becoming solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Basically the first Deadshot episode is where the show finally finds its stride, partially because it shows just how comicbook Arrow is willing to go and partially because Ollie's supporting cast starts becoming solid.

That's the first appearance of Felicity, isn't it? If so, then yeah, that's where the show starts coming together, by realising that Oliver needs connections as the Arrow/Hood, to question why he's doing what he does.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah, he brings her Deadshot's laptop to get the memory off it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I love that this week's episode of Arrow, EVERYONE had their shirts off. All the time. Even Felicity got her shirt off for a bit. Abs everywhere.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I think a lot of people were turned off by the advertising for the show and probably even the first episode. I practically had to make a presentation to get my friend to watch it because he had seen parts of the pilot and most of the ads and was convinced the show was absolute trash. Now he genuinely likes the show and binged all the way to catching up. I was basically the same way.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Maltose posted:

Yeah, he brings her Deadshot's laptop to get the memory off it.

Oh, yeah, with the first of his terrible Batman-lite excuses.

"My coffee shop's in a bad neighbourhood..."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Edit I'm an enormous retard who posted in the wrong thread

Medullah fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 3, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Medullah posted:

You think it's bad now? Imagine the previous daily/weekly missions you had to get for PVP -

- Early on, there was a "kill 30 people per day/150 people per week on Ilum" mission. This was a nightmare on my PVP server, because the Empire severely outnumbered the Republic. The solution to this was adding "armaments" to the center of Ilum which spawned randomly and would give you one point toward the 30/15 number. This quickly became the most camped area in existence. Eventually they started giving you credit for Warzone kills (up to 10), and finally just did away with the quests.

- The daily WZ requirement went to "Play X amounts of Warzones, wins count double", but the weekly was still "Win 9 warzones". It was insanely frustrating if you had a run of bad teams, because you couldn't just play the Warzones, you had to win. You can't imagine the Real Life trauma you'd get from having 2 nodes on Alderaan and having people decide "HEY 3 NODES IS BETTER THAN 2 LETS GO CAP THEIR OTHER ONE" and watch as you lose one of the nodes you had...only to lose the match.

:allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The best excuse was when he wanted to get her to analyze Vertigo. It was something about an energy drink that a buddy was trying to get him to invest in or something like that.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Medullah posted:

You think it's bad now? Imagine the previous daily/weekly missions you had to get for PVP -

- Early on, there was a "kill 30 people per day/150 people per week on Ilum" mission. This was a nightmare on my PVP server, because the Empire severely outnumbered the Republic. The solution to this was adding "armaments" to the center of Ilum which spawned randomly and would give you one point toward the 30/15 number. This quickly became the most camped area in existence. Eventually they started giving you credit for Warzone kills (up to 10), and finally just did away with the quests.

- The daily WZ requirement went to "Play X amounts of Warzones, wins count double", but the weekly was still "Win 9 warzones". It was insanely frustrating if you had a run of bad teams, because you couldn't just play the Warzones, you had to win. You can't imagine the Real Life trauma you'd get from having 2 nodes on Alderaan and having people decide "HEY 3 NODES IS BETTER THAN 2 LETS GO CAP THEIR OTHER ONE" and watch as you lose one of the nodes you had...only to lose the match.

I must have missed this episode.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

That's what I get for reading the SA forums instead of working

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

The best excuse was when he wanted to get her to analyze Vertigo. It was something about an energy drink that a buddy was trying to get him to invest in or something like that.

At least she called him out on his BS once the "jig was up".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm mostly surprised people still play SWOTOR.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

"Why is it in a syringe?"

"...I ran out of sports bottles?"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Endless Mike posted:

I'm mostly surprised people still play SWOTOR.

It actually is a legit good MMO now.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

ToastyPotato posted:

I think a lot of people were turned off by the advertising for the show and probably even the first episode. I practically had to make a presentation to get my friend to watch it because he had seen parts of the pilot and most of the ads and was convinced the show was absolute trash. Now he genuinely likes the show and binged all the way to catching up. I was basically the same way.

I think a lot of people were turned off by 10 years of Smallville more than anything

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Dexo posted:

It actually is a legit good MMO now.

... As long as you sub. The 'F2P' option is hilariously gimped.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Opopanax posted:

I think a lot of people were turned off by 10 years of Smallville more than anything

Yeah, honestly, I have an kneejerk negative reaction to any superhero live action stuff which seems to shy away from the fantastic aspects of superhero comics due to Smallville. I just do not want to watch a superhero show about people in t-shirts vaguely doing CGI at each other while mostly dealing with bad drama.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, honestly, I have an kneejerk negative reaction to any superhero live action stuff which seems to shy away from the fantastic aspects of superhero comics due to Smallville. I just do not want to watch a superhero show about people in t-shirts vaguely doing CGI at each other while mostly dealing with bad drama.

I was convinced, and have posts in this thread, that I had watched half of the first season. Turns out it was only two episodes, but it had enough of CW teen drama/ rich folk problems BS that it turned me off. It has only been the repeated posts in here praising it and being sick for two days that pushed me to give it another shot.

EDIT: Forgot to say that seeing just how ethusiastically Arrow embraces its comic origins is why I now understand the disappointment in SHIELD. It's a solid Whedon show, and I still enjoy it, but seing how balls out Arrow goes makes me wish it was more.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 4, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

The thing with Arrow is that even if you don't like the current storyline the way they power through everything at such a fast pace just give it an episode, maybe two, and they'll have moved onto something even better.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

WarLocke posted:

I don't think so. Flash doesn't actually burn more calories moving fast because he's not actually moving fast; the Speed Force is doing all the work. Or something similar.

ToastyPotato posted:

Seeing as Flash's recent TV cartoon appearances have had him eating a lot (as Wally West at least) I would imagine that they do end up going with that for the show, even if it isn't comic accurate, mostly because it is a visual gag they are going to want to pull and gives him a "quirk" they can play with.
Flash eating an entire punchbowl full of cornflakes in super speed was the best moment of the 90's show

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Waterhaul posted:

The thing with Arrow is that even if you don't like the current storyline the way they power through everything at such a fast pace just give it an episode, maybe two, and they'll have moved onto something even better.

Hey, Agents of SHIELD will finish introducing their first storyline any episode now and then you'll see! These last five and a half months of intro will finally pay off!!

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hey, Agents of SHIELD will finish introducing their first storyline any episode now and then you'll see! These last five and a half months of intro will finally pay off!!

I expect nothing to be answered, the series to be cancelled after 3 or 4 seasons and then there be a one line comment from a producer in a post show interview explaining that "it was magic, we just never got around to explaining it". :getin:

Also as more casting news for Gotham happens it becomes more and more likely that we have the new Smallville with young Bruce Wayne and young Selina Kyle being cast.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Crosspost from Arrow thread: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=369385616532810&stream_ref=10

I'm pumped.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hey, they came up with a way to use the names! Callsigns and codenames from Waller's crew! :haw: And also Huntress. :geno:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

So much glee there. From the Suicide Squad to Slade going full badass. Also looks like Roy is going to try take Slade on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Madkal posted:

So much glee there. From the Suicide Squad to Slade going full badass. Also looks like Roy is going to try take Slade on.

Clearly so he can get taken apart and whine that Ollie has "no chance" because he doesn't even have powers! Cue the Arrow wrecking poo poo in the finale.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Clock King is a pretty great callsign. If only.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I wonder what Diggle's callsign is, if he gets one.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Mr. Maltose posted:

I wonder what Diggle's callsign is, if he gets one.

Black Driver, obviously.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I'm secretly hoping for Arsenal because all of Ollie's sidekicks need names Roy Harper used to use.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Mr. Maltose posted:

I'm secretly hoping for Arsenal because all of Ollie's sidekicks need names Roy Harper used to use.

Clearly he's Speedy and Roy is Red Arrow.
There was an episode in season 1 where Diggle dressed up as Arrow and did some cool stuff so I called him DigArrow. I really wished DigArrow would appear again.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Thea's Speedy, dude.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Dig will be Hawkman. It'll be the start of a simmering subplot where he grumbles about big government and Obamacare.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gaz-L posted:

Dig will be Hawkman. It'll be the start of a simmering subplot where he grumbles about big government and Obamacare.

That's just Hawk. For Diggle to be Hawkman they need to introduce a completely contradictory new backstory for him and reference the old backstory in the same episode.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Slade army vs Oliver army.

The showdown is going to be amazing :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

boom boom boom posted:

That's just Hawk. For Diggle to be Hawkman they need to introduce a completely contradictory new backstory for him and reference the old backstory in the same episode.

Then the next episode go back to the first backstory, but by the end change it to a third.
I also thought Ollie's sister was Speedy?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, Oliver has called Thea "Speedy" multiple times, although they did kind of mostly drop it after the first season added Roy. Although I think he called her it again either last week or the one before that.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Any thoughts on that weird body Could on saw? My first thought was it could be Coulson's body, implying he is a clone or LMD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

Any thoughts on that weird body Could on saw? My first thought was it could be Coulson's body, implying he is a clone or LMD.

Probably a Kree.