Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

That is one weird rear end hand. All flabby and junk.

Yup. I had to go to Wikipedia for the "History lesson" . . . and then to Google Maps for the "Geography lesson." We Jews have witnessed generations of game-changing cataclysmic events. In a few short weeks it will be Passover. Jews will sit together and read aloud from the Passover Haggadah, our guide to the preserving and continuance of Jewish peoplehood.
This year's Passover is in one of those historic times of change. This year's Passover Haggadah should be the Dry Bones Passover Haggadah. With it, a traditional Seder becomes an engaging and entertaining experience for everyone.

Buy yours at store.drybones.com

Labels: crimean war, Geography, History, Russia, War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
crimea, war, blablabla BUY MY loving BOOK

Also, I'm ignorant and it's other's fault!

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
"Europe at the brink of a major war? Whoohoo, just the time to shill for my stupid book that no one wants to buy!" - Yaakov Kirschen

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Delpino posted:

Samoas, not samosas. It's a Girl Scout cookie reference.

Would explain why I assumed it was a misspelling since I live in britain where scouts and girl scouts aren't really as much of a thing as they are in the states.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

crimea, war, blablabla BUY MY loving BOOK

Also, I'm ignorant and it's other's fault!

Yeah like ugh I had to go all the way down to the library and spend an hour finding a relevant history book and an atlas to cross-reference it with.
Well no not really I spent maybe five or ten minutes typing Crimean War into Google and clicking some links but you know what? Still uggghhhhhh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Christmas Present posted:

Yeah like ugh I had to go all the way down to the library and spend an hour finding a relevant history book and an atlas to cross-reference it with.
Well no not really I spent maybe five or ten minutes typing Crimean War into Google and clicking some links but you know what? Still uggghhhhhh

He STILL didn't do any of that because the current crisis is not a repeat of the Crimean War!

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

XyloJW posted:

But I'm not going to ban stupid posting, because that's impossible to do, especially in a thread with [as big] a readership as this one.
I get it.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I vote for a lyrically-altered Battle Hymn of the Republic myself

gently caress it, I'm not even religious and I'd take the Battle Hymn for our anthem. That poo poo rules.

If Obama did suggest the switch, how would that even go over? On the one hand ARE ANTHEM, on the other hand this one talks about god a bunch, on the third hand it's a big "sit on it and spin" to neo-Confederates.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Lance Streetman posted:

Where did the "shirtless Putin" thing even come from? Did Putin have a photo taken without a shirt on at some point or something?
I know I am late....but let this be a reminder to people who complain about too many labels in toons.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

That right hand looks pretty suspect, mostly because it's angle is a bit off, and there's too much flab around the thumb obscuring the palm.

edit: What's the occasion for the new thread title?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 4, 2014

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

He STILL didn't do any of that because the current crisis is not a repeat of the Crimean War!

Well hey, let's not be too hasty, we haven't seen what the Ottoman Empire is going to do yet.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

"Georgia, Crimea" can only be sung to the tune of Kokomo in my head now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:bang:

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

So are they going to go all the way through to an election? Are we going to see Hillary Rodham Bunny go up against Crazy Joe in the primary? Is the bunny going to then lose to a Ted Cruz analogue, and a new wave of free-market prosperity will wash over Prickly City?

Also, wouldn't it make more sense to do this in 2016?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY
READY

Also: Joe Biden can be wacky and has bad plugs? Wow, StantisAllie, really on the cutting edge of comedy there.

Remember that one time when he tomahawk dunked all over your precious Paul Ryan, and it was so bad the Romney campaign basically had to shuffle Ryan to the sidelines for the rest of the trail? Now that was funny.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

It's a good thing there are no international reports that all came to the conclusuion that Georgia attacked Russia instead of the other way around. Oh wait.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Uh remember when I said I sometimes liked Ramirez' artwork.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Ramirez can draw better than most of the cartoonists in this thread, he just does terrible caricatures and then shits crosshatching over everything.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Wales Grey posted:

edit: What's the occasion for the new thread title?

This comic.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
So.. he's starting an Alex Jones internet radio show?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Joe Biden is a sovereign citizen? :raise:

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

So does Muir actually have a wide readership, or is he just a forums favorite?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm assuming he could pull down better than about $12k/year if he had a really good readership so I think it's basically us and a bunch of creeps who post on the Facebook page for it.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
He has a wide enough readership that they donate $12,000 every year to keep him going. Whether that means one rich guy or 12 thousand poor people is unknown.

He also used to be published in some Florida newspapers.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Shugojin posted:

I'm assuming he could pull down better than about $12k/year if he had a really good readership so I think it's basically us and a bunch of creeps who post on the Facebook page for it.

As bad as he is and it was, Tim Buckley was able to afford a house with Ctrl-Alt-Delete. Day By Day is so bad it can't even match that. Think about how bad you need to be and how small your reader base must be if you can't keep steak and veggies on the table and a roof over your head.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

It just now dawns on me that, at a glance, I can't tell the difference between McFadden and Tom Tomorrow.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
I actually remember seeing Muirs poo poo in my paper when I was younger. More proof that south florida is the worst place on earth.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Randler posted:

It's a good thing there are no international reports that all came to the conclusuion that Georgia attacked Russia instead of the other way around. Oh wait.

I thought the consensus on Georgia was a little more complicated than that. Basically, Russia goaded Georgia into attacking, and Georgia would have been justified in acting against the separatist forces that Russia was supporting, but Georgia's full scale invasion was unsupportable and the attacks on Russian peacekeepers were unjustified. I will admit that I don't know a lot about the war though, so I could be misremembering.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I thought Muir had some weird limit on donations. After $12,000 he ended the drive and gave the excess to right wing groups.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

cafel posted:

Haha yeah, who's ever heard of drink red liquid out of a glass? Certainly something matching that description can't be one of the oldest beverages humanity has prepared and widely available today.

Traditionally, the grail holds blood. :drac:

ps: i'll find my shirt

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ward Sutton posted:

The new space race with China, for Foreign Policy magazine (and a tip of the hat to Jack “King” Kirby for inspiration)

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The Destruction of an Arm at the Zoo's Chimpanzee Enclosure.

inthesto posted:

It just now dawns on me that, at a glance, I can't tell the difference between McFadden and Tom Tomorrow.

McFadden draws everyone in rumpled clothes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

inthesto posted:

If it were Tom Tomorrow everything would look worse and be illegibly tiny.

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

I thought Muir had some weird limit on donations. After $12,000 he ended the drive and gave the excess to right wing groups.

That's to prevent himself from paying taxes, I believe.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

A frequently used photo of Obama in right-wing circles has him with eyes closed and head tilted back, looking vaguely smug:

B-Rock looks like he's getting a fine bj.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

El Scotch posted:

B-Rock looks like he's getting a fine bj.

So that's why Muir traces that pic so much!

Igiari
Sep 14, 2007

Sir Rolo posted:

This comic.

"Oh man, did you know the internet is a radio!? This must be a huge revelation for you, dumb lib wife!"
"We had a podcast together. Remember that? When we actually did a radio-esque thing on the internet?"
"Indiana Jones, you say?"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Uh it's a potential war and it's in Crimea that's all the history Dry Bones needs to poo poo out a bad cartoon.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Why has he cast all of his characters as the bad guys in his weird, forced extended Indiana Jones joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ammat The Ankh posted:

[url=http://www.suttonimpactstudio.com/post/78550189083/the-new-space-race-with-china-for-foreign-policy]

Not only did they kick us off the moon, they stole our spacesuits and added a stupid antennae to it.

• Locked thread