Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I've been thinking about using Fafnir in my mono-Green team, too. If we ever get a way to easily skill him up, he'd be a great sub, but right now, that 30-turn cooldown is just too drat long.

If we get updated Gunma collab with evolved Cabbages that shouldnt be too hard! Other than that farm the poo poo out of every dungeon with rank 3 Chimeras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

ASK ME HOW FAR LEBRON'S DICK CAN FIT INSIDE MY MOUTH

trucutru posted:

On the other hand, she can keep the damage up most of the time, while Shiva/Satan/Parvati are more bursty.

I don't have a BlOdin in the JP version but:

Kirin/BlOdin/Gon/Bubblie/Apollo/Kirin will destroy anything, no questions asked. And has both recovery, delays, and orb changing (and yeah, that's a whale team, of course).

You can also replace BlOdin with some light physical type for as close as a physical/mainly light/rainbow team as you can get.

You think? The problem with rainbow teams is that you don't get much benefit for matching multiples of the same color. A rainbow Kirin that matches 5 will do 50x damage (25x * (1+.25*4)). A Parvati that makes five matches with two being green, on the other hand, will do 36x.

50 is certainly a bigger number than 36, but when you factor in that only something like 70% of boards can be activated that actually brings you in line to a pretty amusing degree (50x*.7=35x). In my mind this favors Parvati (or Shiva or Satan) in terms of damage consistency as their variance is a lot lower. Of course this is all very theoretical and in reality it depends on a lot of variables.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Zierham posted:

The Hrungnir thing was more of a theorycrafted Primary-blue Isis/Physical team: WLIsis, Blodin, Sieg, King Bubbly, Hrungnir, WLIsis

A number of us have been salivating over the prospect of this team since WL Isis was announced. Would love to see the Blue Mechdragon become a substitute for Hrungnir when they announce the rest of the Mechdragon busties.

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012
Is there a good resource that breaks down the different orb enhancements? For instance, the percentage of Canopus' enhance vs, say, Melody's combination delay/Enhance?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Wyeth posted:

Is there a good resource that breaks down the different orb enhancements? For instance, the percentage of Canopus' enhance vs, say, Melody's combination delay/Enhance?
Orb enhance only does one thing, it's not varying by monster.

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think he means to compare all of the different secondary effects on the various enhance skills.

To the best of my knowledge, the only ones that exist are:

1) Enhance one color and nothing else
2) enhance two colors and nothing else
3) Enhance one color and do some damage (Canopus, Bad Luci)
4) Enhance one color and delay (Melody only)

I'm not sure that a reference exists that lists all the skills that have an enhance, but I'm probably wrong.

Wyeth
Apr 19, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

So in my example, the canopus enhance and the melody enhance give the same benefit, but the melody enhance tradeoffs are cooldown, and worse monster stats, but the benefit of a delay?

That makes sense if so.

Thanks

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Wyeth posted:

So in my example, the canopus enhance and the melody enhance give the same benefit, but the melody enhance tradeoffs are cooldown, and worse monster stats, but the benefit of a delay?

That makes sense if so.

Thanks

Right, except that Melody Wink's highest cooldown is the same as Canopus's lowest.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Wyeth posted:

That makes sense if so.

Thanks

Also Melody is (was) collab REM only (explaining the starting cooldown being the same as Canopus max skilled, since skilling her would have been quite expensive as well as potential power disparity between Canopus' nuke and Melody's delay.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

mphill posted:

You think? The problem with rainbow teams is that you don't get much benefit for matching multiples of the same color. A rainbow Kirin that matches 5 will do 50x damage (25x * (1+.25*4)). A Parvati that makes five matches with two being green, on the other hand, will do 36x.

50 is certainly a bigger number than 36, but when you factor in that only something like 70% of boards can be activated that actually brings you in line to a pretty amusing degree (50x*.7=35x). In my mind this favors Parvati (or Shiva or Satan) in terms of damage consistency as their variance is a lot lower. Of course this is all very theoretical and in reality it depends on a lot of variables.

That's why you put Bubblie on the team, and why most Kirin teams are traditionally skewed towards light damage with 2 light orb changers. Shiva team without King Baddie is definitely not putting out more damage than Kirin with Bubblie.

mephology
Jan 14, 2012

Bleh, went 0/9 over the last few days trying to get the last skill up :suicide: And that 82 is not counting ~15-20 failed runs where I was a moron or 2 large demons spawned on floors 2-4 and no drop happened so I gave up attempting to stall against the boss. I have no shame and the drops were so lovely that if I happened to flub a run where a drop happened I would stone. Guess I will have to keep running it this week and just stash a bunch and pray.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Really starting to hate how the gimmicky dungeons like expert masks that require a resolve team or some other gimmick combines with you being dependent on your relatively tiny friends list hoping that they have set an auto-healer that day.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

jerkstore77 posted:

Really starting to hate how the gimmicky dungeons like expert masks that require a resolve team or some other gimmick combines with you being dependent on your relatively tiny friends list hoping that they have set an auto-healer that day.

Guess what, the OP has you covered on that too!

The OP posted:

The best place to ask questions is in our IRC channel, #pad on irc.synirc.net. The room is always active, and full of friendly whales veterans. This is also the best place to go if you need a specific friend god (like an Amaterasu Okhami) or want to watch :retrogames: during a Godfest. You can even access the channel from a web browser client.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

jerkstore77 posted:

For what it is worth, a standard 4/2/2 team can easily start to beat it without gimmicks when your HP is higher than 10k assuming your leads/subs have enough subattributes and/or you have orb changers. For instance, with a basic busty 4/2/2 lead and friend and then perhaps another 2 subs having a sub element, you're already at damage (and mainly in your given color)... Even if a mask does manage to hit you, it should only be 1 in a given round and you can heal back up 9999 pretty easily before it hits again (or the next wave's masks hit you).

Edit: Alternatively, if you have a busty Droiddragon then you can run the "other" gimmick team of stalling on the first floor until his skill is up, then sweeping since it carries across rounds if you OHKO everything. You can do this with literally any lead you want and the only thing that should screw you over is if you cascade too much stalling or if you get a round 1 divine mask invade.

Zierham fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 5, 2014

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

tzirean posted:

Link? I couldn't find one yesterday.

Most Ronia players probably don't have the lineup to do it yet, but it's something to work towards if you're really against getting a different team Twinlits-ready.

Ronia leaders, 2 more devil subs with 2 skill awakens each, max skill echidna, Baddie.

This lets you sweep floor one on your first turn.
Spend a turn on floor two clearing trash orbs or whatever.
Echidna delay is up on the next turn, before any dubs can attack.
Spend a few turns storing some dark/fire orbs and killing the dubs right before they attack .
Floor three, target tama first and do mass attacks if possible. Max skilled Ronia can be popped here.
Kill the dub myths on the last possible turn.
Echidna is up again for Twinlits, and you have Baddie+Ronia plus more depending on what two devil subs you use.

I'm planning on Ronia/Ronia/Ronia/Echidna/Loki/Ronia since 3 Ronia actives plus Loki is more of a guarantee than Baddie I think. A skilled up FA Luci gives you more ways to sweep floor one though. We'll see I guess.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 5, 2014

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I've got mixed feelings on that new Kirin. That's like, crazy powerful now with those extra awakenings and physical subtype. She was already an easily endgame capable leader, now she's just insane. On the other hand, I've got one on my Japanese account, so like, alright.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

I've got mixed feelings on that new Kirin. That's like, crazy powerful now with those extra awakenings and physical subtype. She was already an easily endgame capable leader, now she's just insane. On the other hand, I've got one on my Japanese account, so like, alright.

Yeah, initially I was disappointed when it was announced her leader skill wouldn't be changing. I wanted something like the boosts Horus/Isis/Ra got! At that point I hoped they'd at least add a decent sub-color (RGB) to allow more light heavy options and maybe boost her stats a hefty amount. Then they released the info and I managed to read the announcement without fully processing it and was annoyed she was just getting some meager stat bump and a light secondary color for 10%ish extra damage (good for plinking though!). I rationalized to myself that she is already badass so even the small boost is more than she really had a right to expect.

Then I reread the notes and actually processed the Physical typing... :stonk:

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

Most Ronia players probably don't have the lineup to do it yet, but it's something to work towards if you're really against getting a different team Twinlits-ready.

Ronia leaders, 2 more devil subs with 2 skill awakens each, max skill echidna, Baddie.

This lets you sweep floor one on your first turn.
Spend a turn on floor two clearing trash orbs or whatever.
Echidna delay is up on the next turn, before any dubs can attack.
Spend a few turns storing some dark/fire orbs and killing the dubs right before they attack .
Floor three, target tama first and do mass attacks if possible. Max skilled Ronia can be popped here.
Kill the dub myths on the last possible turn.
Echidna is up again for Twinlits, and you have Baddie+Ronia plus more depending on what two devil subs you use.

I'm planning on Ronia/Ronia/Ronia/Echidna/Loki/Ronia since 3 Ronia actives plus Loki is more of a guarantee than Baddie I think. A skilled up FA Luci gives you more ways to sweep floor one though. We'll see I guess.

Loki does not do what you think it does on a Ronia team. Loki enhances dark damage, but will not enhance the red damage from Ronia (unless I'm mistaken).

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Zierham posted:

Yeah, initially I was disappointed when it was announced her leader skill wouldn't be changing. I wanted something like the boosts Horus/Isis/Ra got! At that point I hoped they'd at least add a decent sub-color (RGB) to allow more light heavy options and maybe boost her stats a hefty amount. Then they released the info and I managed to read the announcement without fully processing it and was annoyed she was just getting some meager stat bump and a light secondary color for 10%ish extra damage (good for plinking though!). I rationalized to myself that she is already badass so even the small boost is more than she really had a right to expect.

Also the movement-timer increase awakening is a godsend for someone like me who still has trouble consistently manipulating them orbs (especially when 2 required colors are spread out all over the board)

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

trucutru posted:

Yeah, Kirin gaining a sub-type is a surprise. After Horus and Ra I would have thought that GungHo was aware that giving that to the super-powerful would be, well, imbalanced. But such is the power of the waifus.
I'm convinced that GungHo is less interested in making a balanced game, and is more trying to make a virtual high school cafeteria. Kirin and Bastet are the cheerleaders, and Horus is the football captain that fucks them both. Everyone else hangs out in a little group of friends with similar, average qualities. Lakshmi is Meg Griffin.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Inferior Third Season posted:

I'm convinced that GungHo is less interested in making a balanced game, and is more trying to make a virtual high school cafeteria. Kirin and Bastet are the cheerleaders, and Horus is the football captain that fucks them both. Everyone else hangs out in a little group of friends with similar, average qualities. Lakshmi is Meg Griffin.

Kirin does have two giant pompoms now :v:

I'm kinda excited for Physical typing now that I have Siegfried, I gotta make a King Bubblie asap!

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010

This is a really terrible post.

Besides, who gives a poo poo if a very specific combination of ridiculously hard to obtain monsters trivialises the game?

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ultima66 posted:

Loki does not do what you think it does on a Ronia team. Loki enhances dark damage, but will not enhance the red damage from Ronia (unless I'm mistaken).

Bah, just tested and you're right. I thought it would boost the ATK of anyone with dark main or sub element but it doesn't, it only applies to dark damage.

Ronia/Ronia/FA Luci/Echidna/Baddie/Ronia it is then!

That throws a wrench in my KotG plans too, guess I stick with what I've been using and hope I find a few dozen pandora friends after 6.4 buffs her.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 5, 2014

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What's the preferred R/R Horus team for twinlits? I'm wondering if it's a little more consistent than Bastet.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

When do the other Chinese gods get ultimates? They aren't as absurd as Kirin but come on GungHo

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Zierham posted:

The only thing I can see that would really gently caress with her now is more bosses that change orbs every turn, like the fruit dragon sub bosses on the new flower dragon dungeons.

I guess that makes Anubis the weird loner who no one likes but one day he's pushed too far and just blows up the school.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Suprfli6 posted:

Bah, just tested and you're right. I thought it would boost the ATK of anyone with dark main or sub element but it doesn't, it only applies to dark damage.

That throws a wrench in my KotG plans too, guess I stick with what I've been using and hope I find a few dozen pandora friends after 6.4 buffs her.

Liliths new active will do a damage boost for devils, Im guessing a 1.3 multiplier.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

ReidRansom posted:

The only thing I can see that would really gently caress with her now is more bosses that change orbs every turn, like the fruit dragon sub bosses on the

Or just dungeons 1 color missing (though that then would favor combo gods like School Shooting Anubis).

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

So not only did I get a Pandora and Blue Sonia after last week's drunkpulling but I now have all the fruit dragons. Except the blueberry I need, of course.

:911:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Starlight Sanctuary is supposed to be much harder than all the normal dungeons before it, right? Stepped into it from Junos Island and didn't even get to the boss of the first level before I got my face torn off. I was hoping I could handle it for those dubmyths if nothing else. :smith:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

Liliths new active will do a damage boost for devils, Im guessing a 1.3 multiplier.

GungHo's stated that it's a 1.5x damage boost, for 1 turn.

AnonSpore posted:

Starlight Sanctuary is supposed to be much harder than all the normal dungeons before it, right? Stepped into it from Junos Island and didn't even get to the boss of the first level before I got my face torn off. I was hoping I could handle it for those dubmyths if nothing else. :smith:

Yeah, Starlight Sanctuary's definitely a bit of a step up, difficulty-wise. If you can get past the first dungeon, the second one (Goddess of Harvest) is generally considered to be the easiest of the bunch. (In that the 2 carbuncle sub-bosses "only" hit you for 10,000 damage each every 2 turns, and the boss "only" hits for 20,000 damage every 2 turns.)

mphill
Nov 14, 2004

Ultima66 posted:

That's why you put Bubblie on the team, and why most Kirin teams are traditionally skewed towards light damage with 2 light orb changers. Shiva team without King Baddie is definitely not putting out more damage than Kirin with Bubblie.

What physical light Kirin team do you run with two light orb changers?

Parvati shits out 4m+ damage like it's nothing without running a slime, and Shiva does even more. I'm not getting there doing the math with Kirin, but since I have a max level Kirin I'd love to know if I'm wrong.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Nice job Gungho!

"This notice is to inform users that the Puzzle & Dragons servers will be switching back to Pacific Daylight Time on 3/9 (Sun). Problems such as those experienced when entering dungeons may be experienced as early as 3/8 (Sat) evening.

Special Dungeons will not be provided on 3/9 (Sun) for stability of user experience. Please be aware of any irregularities that may occur. "

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Suprfli6 posted:

I have that exact team, just need to level/evolve Luci and the second Ronia.

Suprfli6 posted:

I was actually able to clear KotG with little trouble with a team of 71 Sonia/60 Vamp/87 Hera/50 Baddie/50 Baddie + Sonia.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Where's Isis in the social pantheon of God High? :v:

Also just realized that an alt of mine has a Kirin leader from the first roll. Guess I can start practicing that

e:Also,(I hate that I'm putting thought into this) but would Kushinadahime end up as captain of the JV Cheerleaders or a benched Varsity one?

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Well I guess that AA Meta I pulled last fest might see some use on my Kirin team since she can fill the blue spot until I ever bother to max skill a Hera-Is. Speaking of AA Meta, what's the AA Meta team that's used for twinlits? With the new Lilith ulti getting a ton of +hp, I might consider building one.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Hesh Ballantine posted:

I've done some searching on this but have found a lot of conflicting reports - is it at all possible to play one account across two devices easily? I play on my phone but just got a tablet, both android.

self-quoting for afternoon crew... anybody?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
On the subject of how much damage an Ult Kirin Physical team can potentially deal, here are a couple of scenarios to consider:

Team: Ult Kirin / Apollo / Take-Min / King Bubblie / <Green Physical Mon> / Ult Kirin

Scenario #1 (Conservative Estimate)

Assume all Light mons are at or near max level, with no +egg bonuses, giving a base Light damage of ~5000. Also, assume a board setup where there are, let's say, 11 Light orbs after activating Apollo. Activate Take-Min to enhance to orbs, activate King Bubblie to enhance damage, then make 1 11-orb Light combo + 1 Green combo + 1 Red combo + 1 Blue combo.

Total Light damage = Base Light damage * Base Light combo multiplier * Orb enhance multiplier * extra combo multiplier * Leader Skills * Damage enhance multiplier

Total Light damage = 5000 * 3 * 1.66 * 1.75 * 25 * 3
Total Light damage = ~3.2 million

Scenario #2 (Slightly More Generous Estimate)

Assume the Light mons have some +egg bonuses to ATK, increasing their base Light damage to ~6000. Also, assume a board setup where there are 15 Light orbs after activating Apollo. Activate Take-Min/King Bubblie as before, then make 1 15-orb Light combo + 1 Green combo + 1 Red combo + 1 Blue combo.

Total Light damage = Base Light damage * Base Light combo multiplier * Orb enhance multiplier * extra combo multiplier * Leader Skills * Damage enhance multiplier

Total Light damage = 6000 * 4 * 1.9 * 1.75 * 25 * 3
Total Light damage = ~6 million

So yeah, Ult Kirin Physical can put out some pretty solid burst damage, under the right conditions.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mphill posted:

Doing 5 matches clears 15 orbs, so you will probably won't get your six green orbs back. In other words, you do have to match as aggressively as Kirin to keep the orbs coming. This can be alleviated by having some orb changers, of course, but they do take space in your team that could be used for something else.

But yeah, Kirin does get screwed here and there by bad luck from time to time. There is no denying that. If you want consistency then go with the mono-color dudes.

Rainbow teams main weakness (besides running out of orbs, obviously) is that while their damage is very high, and can clear all trash and most mid-bosses easily, they don't have many ways to increase it for a huge attack, like mono-colors can (which is why Echidna is their best buddy). But now you can run Isis and Kirin teams that are also mostly mono-color and mono-type, so you can also do a huge burst attack. Ra and Horus depend more on Izanagi for their burst.

DaveWoo posted:

Assume the Light mons have some +egg bonuses to ATK, increasing their base Light damage to ~6000. Also, assume a board setup where there are 15 Light orbs after activating Apollo. Activate Take-Min/King Bubblie as before, then make 1 15-orb Light combo + 1 Green combo + 1 Red combo + 1 Blue combo.
conditions.

That's a pretty weird combo. It is much more common to have something like 12 light orbs and do 4 3-orb light combos plus the other colors. That should increase the damage a little.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

tzirean posted:

I have that exact team, just need to level/evolve Luci and the second Ronia.

I was actually able to clear KotG with little trouble with a team of 71 Sonia/60 Vamp/87 Hera/50 Baddie/50 Baddie + Sonia.

Yeah I use Hera, Hera-Ur, 2 Baddies to farm KotG currently with like 90% success. But every now and then I get heart starved while killing Tiamat, and fail to OHKO Zeus even with Gravity and then Ronia+Ur+Baddie if I gently caress up the board. Plus pacing myself on 1-8 to ensure I have gravity up is annoying.

After playing with my spreadsheet, it looks like my new team should still work out fine for KotG though, even with Loki's active not being as powerful as I thought.

mphill posted:

What physical light Kirin team do you run with two light orb changers?

Parvati shits out 4m+ damage like it's nothing without running a slime, and Shiva does even more. I'm not getting there doing the math with Kirin, but since I have a max level Kirin I'd love to know if I'm wrong.

How does shiva put out >4 million damage with ease? Are you assuming a perfect board with 3 fire rows or something?

• Locked thread