Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

One day, just not while Beamer is at the helm sadly. Came to that conclusion a few years prior to this slide the last 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Yeah that was the point of that joke, good work.

You sure showed us.

Oh man and Detroit Dogg, will the fun ever stop in NCAAF.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Crotch Bat posted:

You sure showed us.

Oh man and Detroit Dogg, will the fun ever stop in NCAAF.

You seriously could not possibly be worse at taking a joke.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

You've been away too long, I see.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

MourningView posted:

Sash still exists.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

It's like watching midgets pick apples.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
It's like watching a needlessly hostile poster who can't take a joke.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It's like watching a needlessly hostile poster who can't take a joke.

The idea that you two, of all people, still think I'm serious just baffles me. I've seen that picture so many times I'm thinking of getting it tattooed on my rear end, you think posting it here of all places sets me in an uproar?

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
it is only march

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

I know, it'd be way funnier if it were bowl games. I want tombstones from beating up on like CUSA teams in the Tire Bowl or whatever. gently caress YOU EAST CAROLINA, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS

(I have no idea if those teams have ever played, I'm just saying)

I think it'd be cool if they put up a stone each time they beat a team for the first time.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Sash still exists.

I think the graveyard is pretty awesome.

Years ago, I had the thought that if I was AD somehow, my school would have all the names of all the FBS schools in the stadium somewhere and we'd cross them off one by one as we beat all of them. At home.

Those last ones are going to get expensive.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

MourningView posted:

No, VT would make a big deal out of building a graveyard for future big wins and then never fill it.

I don't know, VT has some experience filling grave yards.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa9LNPwZIGA

You are Dan Marino. We are the dude on the left.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Shaft481 posted:

"...we gotta fill them with something"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

guys please do not insult the storied football program of blacksburg and their never ending supply of cornerbacks

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Here is a quick news and views for some press the coaching staff at UGA did today.

N: Richt said Todd Gurley is still bothered by his ankle injury and hasn’t been 100 percent going through offseason workouts. He isn’t sure how ready Gurley will be this spring, and he likely won’t be at full speed.
V: :suicide: Even at half speed he is still a beast, but seeing him at 100% would be great. We picked up a few great running backs, but Gurley was something special.

N:Mike Bobo said fullback Quayvon Hicks is moving to tight end this spring, and the long-term plan is to move him into an H-back role.
V: Could be great. Hicks was a bulldozer and having a true fullback do work is always awesome. He moved the ball really well during the UGA/Clemson game and everyone was pretty amazed, so seeing him move to this role where he can block but also get a chance to use his speed could be great.

N: Richt said the Bulldogs are going to switch up the defensive practice structure after talking with Pruitt
V: :woop: :woop: :woop: Anything has to be better than last year's poo poo show.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shaft481 posted:

:golfclap:

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Chump Farts posted:

it is only march

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

guys please do not insult the storied football program of blacksburg and their never ending supply of cornerbacks

Blessed be the Fullers.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I guess it's now a thing to do the robot on camera for us

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Boo for not committing to the staircase.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

I guess it's now a thing to do the robot on camera for us

That Quarterback Isn't Funny Anymore
It's Too Close to Home
He Doesn't Need Consent When He Bones

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Declan MacManus posted:

It's Too Close to Home

:swoon:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Scarf posted:

OSU's tombstone added to the graveyard today.

Is there a stone for Woody Hayes' career too?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

It's Too Close to Home

Well done, sir.

Well done.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

AsInHowe posted:

Is there a stone for Woody Hayes' career too?

On gameday there's a collection of porta-johns nearby, so yes.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

MourningView posted:

I want tombstones from beating up on like CUSA teams in the Tire Bowl or whatever

WSU should jump on this since we have nothing else

here lies idaho, they never scored
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrZmwKE29bQ

rip the vandals
?-2013

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Football is essentially pointless across the grand cosmos of the universe. You see, we are but a dot amongst an infinite plane, going about several motions at once.

During the fall, we rise up and find a new way to occupy our Saturdays because those were the days someone picked. On a weekend afternoon (I suppose) the Iowa State Cyclones will take on the Kansas Jayhawks in a football game. We all know that it will be pointless and at best border on the edge of competitiveness. A score will come of this, perhaps 13-10. At the same time, in another part of the country, two teams of the newly reorganized Conference USA will play a game someone will try to enjoy despite the stakes being lower than that of an High A Rookie Ball baseball game sometime in the middle of July. A highlight will be produced as some receiver will make a great catch and we will forget his name.

Yet, life will go on after that game and the next game and the next. Everyone will continue to make the same eight jokes for eight years in a row. You'll exclaim in your head "Comedy Goldmine!" though you haven't had a full laugh at it in ages. Some resources are finite, yet people continue to dig for ores though it is well known they have dried up. "One more drop will come out of this faucet!" someone exclaims in the background. They know it's there, they do!

In a rush to find an excuse, they blame the pipes and their tools and the poorly organized lessons they were taught. Everything was rote memory. Critical thinking was never approached, a thought lost in time because The Process was foolproof. No one thought to improve the process, to adapt it for age. It's still the same for every game at every level, you know. "Holy poo poo! That guy made a tackle!" No one is looking for quality, but perhaps we should look for thoughtfulness.

This fall, Virginia Tech will play Ohio State in Columbus. Virginia Tech will look okay for part of that game and then eventually lose. It does not matter. Life will continue and we will have to face the reality that death is imminent. When an extra point is somehow successful, remind yourself that you have a limited amount of time on this Earth and that you will probably matter as much as a two yard run up the middle.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

on the other hand Ohio State is pretty bad, VT will probably win

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Alouicious posted:

I guess if their entire team comes down with hantavirus, yea.

Fingers crossed.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

Alouicious posted:

24 games in a row man

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Alouicious posted:

The score would have to be something stupid like 6-2.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
God nothing would be better than to have the season start off with OSU losing a game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Scarf posted:

God nothing would be better than to have the season start off with OSU losing a game.

What about Alabama and Notre Dame also losing ?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

What about Alabama and Notre Dame also losing ?

Notre Dame will lose plenty of other games, so I'm not too concerned. Bama... :sigh:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alabama losing first game of the season would be nothing.

Alabama losing in week 10 to Alcorn State or whatever the gently caress FCS cupcake they scheduled, that would be something else

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

i enjoyed them getting up to "presumptive threepeat champs" and then losing twice in a row, personally

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Alouicious posted:

Alabama losing first game of the season would be nothing.

Alabama losing in week 10 to Alcorn State or whatever the gently caress FCS cupcake they scheduled, that would be something else

Losing in the first week doesn't mean poo poo in the grand scheme of things as long as you're in a BCS conference. It's better to lose week 1 than in week 13 because human voters are stupid and robot voters are bound by human voters

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Chump Farts posted:

i enjoyed them getting up to "presumptive threepeat champs" and then losing twice in a row, personally

I didn't!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Saban could literally murder Lane Kiffin in the middle of Bryant Denny and not even get arrested so from a certain perspective there could be some pretty great results of Bama didn't score in the first game

• Locked thread