Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

WebDO posted:

It resolved itself after restarting chrome :iiam:

Chrome. :argh:

I found at least one case where the script could get stuck behind a disconnect, but fixing it involves dicking with the core timing logic. My weekend, sigh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
So last night i logged in and found that i had obtained a Damaran Shepard companion in my inventory. Finally a second companion to accompany the cleric one.

How did this happen? Was there some sort of giveaway?

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
That's something you get for doing something in the Sword Coast Adventures game on the gateway, I think.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

General Maximus posted:

That's something you get for doing something in the Sword Coast Adventures game on the gateway, I think.

Yeah, it's the reward from the tutorial dungeon

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Oh yeah, i tried that out for the first time as well. Thanks.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Detailed patch notes http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/neverwinter/detail/3036653-release-notes-_-03_06_14

Cue me losing my poo poo at dummy gwfs who front line even more of the mobs out of my damage.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Hahaha, the thread title was strangely predictive...

A new PvP currency, Seals of Triumph, has been added.
Players may exchange unwanted Seals for 250 Glory in the Trade of Blades.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Neverwinter: Why fix game mechanics when you can just add new currency?

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
So wait... does this patch basically nerf clerk PvP into uselessness? 'cause it sounds like it made it so a clerk gets gangbanged for free now...

Gravity Works
Aug 7, 2006

Break everything you love.

Subjunctive posted:

Chrome. :argh:

I found at least one case where the script could get stuck behind a disconnect, but fixing it involves dicking with the core timing logic. My weekend, sigh.

Just Fyi you are totally awesome for the script. Thanks so much.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Cyntalan posted:

So wait... does this patch basically nerf clerk PvP into uselessness? 'cause it sounds like it made it so a clerk gets gangbanged for free now...

Pretty much as far as I can tell, wizards also hosed.

Now that it got brought up getting the skull through gg pvp is probably going to be the way to go from now on for the squishy classes. You can just ride around and cap and get 700 glory that way. There will still too many people around for you to get abused regularly. It will take longer, like 30 winning sessions from zero but better for your blood pressure

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 6, 2014

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Cyntalan posted:

Yep. Hope you got your skull already otherwise you are in for a really really bad time.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

tunare78 posted:

Yep. Hope you got your skull already otherwise you are in for a really really bad time.

:smithicide:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tunare78 posted:

At least the daily gives bonus glory now :eng99:

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011

tunare78 posted:

I guess I should be thankful that I only have about 4k glory left to grind for my clerk... :negative:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Azhais posted:

At least the daily gives bonus glory now :eng99:

They took 200 glory off the maximum earnings per session, and a GG coin (which you can only earn during the GG hours) is worth 50 glory. What are the odds that the daily glory bonus breaks single digits? They've really taken all the worst parts about PVP and amplified them exponentially with this patch, at least from what it reads like.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Gravity Works posted:

Just Fyi you are totally awesome for the script. Thanks so much.

I'm still having trouble getting it to work on greasemonkey :( Why am I so bad at this? Why can't it be simple like swords?!

e: Getting stuck on the Neverwinter splash page since I downloaded the latest patch. Fuuuck!

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 6, 2014

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Played through one Tier 3 Sword Coast Adventure. Got 3 Gift of Tymora boxes that contained 3000 Rough Astal Diamonds and a pile of green crafting items.

Not a bad return on top of the normal SCA rewards.

Also, does anyone know if container contents are determined at creation or when opened?

I ask because I get a lot of those "potion pouches" when doing my daily SCA roll and lower-level potions are far more valuable on the auction house than higher level. I'm wondering if it's worth having my <20 Level character open all the potion pouches.

Every other container I get from the daily roll gets sold on the AH but I can't seem to find the right category for the potion one.

Exodor fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 6, 2014

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Charles Bukowski posted:

I'm still having trouble getting it to work on greasemonkey :( Why am I so bad at this? Why can't it be simple like swords?!

I'll write up a better guide soon I hope, but I have an earlier post in this thread with step-by-step instructions.

Basically:

• install script with greasemonkey / tampermonkey
  • go to gateway page
  • click wrench in top left
  • check the "paused" box
  • "Save and apply"
  • open wrench again
  • click "auto login", enter username and password and number of characters. also click "debug"
  • save and apply
  • reload page
  • open wrench
  • fill in character names and number of slots for each profession
  • uncheck paused
  • save and apply
  • reload
  • wish it was simpler

(God, that process really is shameful. Going to put everything else script-related aside and finish the settings stuff so I can live with myself.)

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 6, 2014

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
So, for any of you that are trying to redeem keys that may not be Arc compatible, or keys that you want to redeem but aren't specifically for Arc, the below address should help in your process of redeeming them. For some reason, PWE doesn't seem to want to let you know this. :v:

https://my.perfectworld.com/nw/redeemkey

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I must be trying to install the script wrong, I don't see a wrench.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Charles Bukowski posted:

I must be trying to install the script wrong, I don't see a wrench.

We got this working! Time for me to break everyone's scripts this weekend.

(I won't update until I have a way for people to save their task list customizations, so you only have to re-enter things once.)

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 7, 2014

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

WebDO posted:

They took 200 glory off the maximum earnings per session, and a GG coin (which you can only earn during the GG hours) is worth 50 glory. What are the odds that the daily glory bonus breaks single digits? They've really taken all the worst parts about PVP and amplified them exponentially with this patch, at least from what it reads like.

Well, the daily win is worth 500 glory and 1 token which is 250 glory. I dropped my pvp daily with the intent on picking it back up so I could see the rewards (since that doesn't appear to be in the journal anywhere), but thanks to the magic of Cryptic dropping the daily is the same as completing it so I can't get it back until tomorrow.

Thanks Cryptic.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Due to some bug people can sell those green ioun stones and they are doing so in huge volumes in protectors enclave for 10-15 gold a pop. You would be insane not to get some for alts. Its not as good as a blue zen shop ioun stone but for 10 gold that's the best deal ever.

Seriously log the gently caress in and get yourself a ghetto ioun stone

I shoved one in the guild bank because why not

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 6, 2014

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Good thing I put that skull artifact put of my mind and heart a long time ago. :smithicide:

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Goofballs posted:

Due to some bug people can sell those green ioun stones and they are doing so in huge volumes in protectors enclave for 10-15 gold a pop. You would be insane not to get some for alts. Its not as good as a blue zen shop ioun stone but for 10 gold that's the best deal ever.

Seriously log the gently caress in and get yourself a ghetto ioun stone

I shoved one in the guild bank because why not

I've also put 5 in to the guild bank that are up for grabs, if they run out and you want one flick me a PM and I'll send one your way provided it's still do-able and they haven't rolled things back.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I wonder if they will be rolling the server back because of this. Since it ruins their cat/stone sales. (edit: oh and put another 10 into the bank).

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 7, 2014

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I doubt it, doesn't seem like a big enough problem to roll everything back for. Something similar happened in STO a couple years back and they just rolled out a hotfix that night that made the item BoP and left the existing items alone.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

I wonder if they will be rolling the server back because of this. Since it ruins their cat/stone sales.
They didn't roll back the, like, hour they would have had to when the nightmare lockboxes were dropping purple mounts in every box.

This isn't even a blip in comparison.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Thanatosian posted:

They didn't roll back the, like, hour they would have had to when the nightmare lockboxes were dropping purple mounts in every box.

This isn't even a blip in comparison.

Yes, but they turned off the servers within the hour when they had the nightmare bug.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Neverwinter twitter said no rollbacks, apparently. Stone on!

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Hammerstein posted:

I wonder if they will be rolling the server back because of this. Since it ruins their cat/stone sales. (edit: oh and put another 10 into the bank).

I took two, thanks so much!

Server is coming down for a patch at 9PST/12EST and I bet this is getting fixed so if someone hasn't jumped on this yet do so ASAP.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Question is what will happen to the unbound stones floating around now. Unbound for eternity or changed to BoP?

LordMaxxie
Oct 30, 2011

Where do I get the Subjunctive bot from that everyone is talking about?

Whispering Voices
Nov 21, 2007
Obey and all will be well ...

Subjunctive posted:

Ctrl-Shift-J should open it at the bottom of the window. If I'm misremembering the key combination, it's in the Chrome menu under developer tools, the JS console.

Thanks. It only seems to have a tiny amount of activity in the log and, when I checked the tab this morning, I had some kind of a page reload error (i.e. not showing anything related to Neverwinter, looked like my connection dropped) rather than a problem with the Gateway. When it happens next I'll remember to screenshot and stuff.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Its back online!

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

neverwinter dev" posted:

I'm going to close this thread now. These issues should be resolved now after our evening maintenance. One solution was to make all BoE Ioun Stone of Radiance BoP. And, we'll continue to evaluate the situation and take further action if necessary. We can't say which steps are next but if we do come up with anything else, you'll be the first to know. Again, we sincerely apologize the inconvenience today's update has caused.

They made them all bop and didn't remove them. There are like 10 in the guildbank for people who missed it but taking more than 1 is pointless because you can only benefit from 1 so don't be a retard and take them all.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Is there any way to remove 1 item from an in game email? Our friend sent my husband a couple of the radiance stones last night, but he waited until this morning to pick them up. Whoops. Now he's getting a message about not being able to have more than one unique item at a time. He was hoping to have one for his main and one for his alt, and it's looking like he can't have any because they're both in one email. I think he might be out of luck here. Any ideas?

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Alright, so, level 60s out there: what do you suggest doing once your dailies are done and you're waiting for a queue to pop for a dungeon?

I made 60 and have been running dailies in Sharandar and Dread Ring when I can. My gear score is now at 10.2k with the Mulhorrand set and AH blues.

When I can I've queued for tier 1 dungeons to try to start picking up some epics.

Gauntlgrym looks cool but I haven't been able to get online at the right time to be involved.

What do you recommend I place my focus on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tinydryad posted:

Is there any way to remove 1 item from an in game email? Our friend sent my husband a couple of the radiance stones last night, but he waited until this morning to pick them up. Whoops. Now he's getting a message about not being able to have more than one unique item at a time. He was hoping to have one for his main and one for his alt, and it's looking like he can't have any because they're both in one email. I think he might be out of luck here. Any ideas?

I think he's out of luck, yeah. GMs are unlikely to be sympathetic.

• Locked thread