Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Len posted:

I care because it's a genuinely better game that's got far more features than Pandemic and reading would tell people that.

I couldn't tell if you were saying the Steam version of the Mobile version is better...I like the board game, but my friends never want to play it (they hate all co-op board games, for some reason,) so if this can be played solo (like the mobile version of Elder Sign,) then I'm all for it.

Something funny for your troubles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

DrBouvenstein posted:

I couldn't tell if you were saying the Steam version of the Mobile version is better...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Also I had no idea it was a board game as well. Under the same name?

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

stubblyhead posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. Also I had no idea it was a board game as well. Under the same name?

No, that was a joke - "Pandemic" is a cooperative board game (with an iOS version) where you try to stop an outbreak from destroying the world, "Plague Inc." is a mobile/steam/originally flash game where you are an outbreak trying to destroy the world (especially motherfucking Madagascar).

Now, a funny pic:

Eschers Basement has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Mar 6, 2014

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Eschers Basement posted:

No, that was a joke - "Pandemic" is a cooperative board game (with an iOS version) where you try to stop an outbreak from destroying the world, "Plague Inc." is a mobile/steam/originally flash game where you are an outbreak trying to destroy the world (especially motherfucking Madagascar).

Actually Pandemic is also a flash game with the same premise as Plague Inc.

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious

DrBouvenstein posted:

Nut allergies aren't funny.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Throw some Bendryl in the gas tank. He'll be fine.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

DrBouvenstein posted:

I couldn't tell if you were saying the Steam version of the Mobile version is better...I like the board game, but my friends never want to play it (they hate all co-op board games, for some reason,) so if this can be played solo (like the mobile version of Elder Sign,) then I'm all for it.

Oh. My. Glob.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why is it purple and what's with the mspaint star on the front?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Man, Sally really let herself go after she got together with Lightning.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

AndyElusive posted:

Adventure Time reference.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Someone took a photo of one of Erwin Wurm's "Fat Car" sculptures and doctored the image to look like Lumpy Space Princess' car from the animated series Adventure Time.

Here's the original.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

AndyElusive posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmC1vknpqgg

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Morpheus posted:

That's scummy but pretty hilarious as well.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
The change password section of LL Bean's website is pretty drat New England-y:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Oh. My. Glob.

Yes?

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Codename BEPPO
Jun 29, 2006
Honorary member, Hoople junior crime caper corps

DrBouvenstein posted:

I don't know if I"m more confused by the horse mask, or the box of ice cream bars she's holding.

It's winter, why are you outside eating ice cream bars?!

Edit: WBAL also gets a chuckle...you're watching BAL-TV!

They do all sorts of weird things on local TV...
that said, when its 10 degrees outside you can run around with your Buffalo Bill ice cream pop all day without it melting!

Also, many things have the BAL- prefix in the BALtimore area...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

All from here.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Real or not, my life won't be complete without telling a fat person to 'Go straddle a Narwhal'.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

This is making me so angry. I hate this.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

CaptBushido posted:

I know! The brushstrokes and heavy paint use are very distracting from what could be some wonderful art. It also doesn't help that the artist was probably near sighted, as I can find no other explanation for the haziness of his work.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

I know! The brushstrokes and heavy paint use are very distracting from what could be some wonderful art. It also doesn't help that the artist was probably near sighted, as I can find no other explanation for the haziness of his work.

Well, I know nothing about art. I just thought they were kind of funny.

Though I'll admit I can tell in most of them his "style" clearly doesn't match the original painting.

And I'm guessing they're hazy because he doesn't want people just printing them out from the website since he sells prints.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well, I know nothing about art. I just thought they were kind of funny.

Though I'll admit I can tell in most of them his "style" clearly doesn't match the original painting.

And I'm guessing they're hazy because he doesn't want people just printing them out from the website since he sells prints.

Also, those robot monsters clearly don't belong in that serene 19th century river valley.

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

CaptBushido posted:

You realize they're on prints, right?

(I think they're great)

Useless has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Mar 7, 2014

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

We did it better in the "Mechs In Art" photoshop thread a few years back

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
One of the Mechs In Art photoshops ended up being printed in a history textbook. It doesn't get much funnier than that.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Wait, seriously? How can I find out more about this.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

SpartanIV posted:

One of the Mechs In Art photoshops ended up being printed in a history textbook. It doesn't get much funnier than that.

Wait... what? Is there a link in the archives?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

SpartanIV posted:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexknapp/2012/11/14/australian-students-find-out-that-robots-led-russian-revolution/

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

SpartanIV posted:

It was their end of school exams (like SATs I guess?).

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Say Nothing posted:

Real or not, my life won't be complete without telling a fat person to 'Go straddle a Narwhal'.

"[Redacted] was not rostered on for any shift today" is easily the highlight of that. I contend that you can't be fired for things you do on your day off.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Captain Trips posted:

I contend that you can't be fired for things you do on your day off.

:allears:

Not that it is real anyway.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Decrepus posted:

:allears:

Not that it is real anyway.
Go straddle a Narwhal.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Morpheus posted:

Pretty sure you're paying $4 for the convenience of not having to try to get the bartender's attention more often on whatever lovely lady's night you happened to go on.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
I'd bet they ran out of the 1/2 liter cups about 15 minutes after they opened.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Lmao, this is great. "GIVE ME ALL THE MONEY in my account, please. I would like to make a withdrawl."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I don't get it

• Locked thread