Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Isn't there suppose to be a new NXT tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeathChicken posted:

Well, this Eddie/Benoit match from One Night Stand is a mite uncomfortable. "There's the suicide headbutt!"

The worst part is that is probably the worst match of the night. You can tell both of them were going through something.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

After they show a "Best of Raw", is it added to the archives? I was a little disappointed in how many old Raw shows were available at launch but if they are slowly adding them it would make me happy.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Niwrad posted:

After they show a "Best of Raw", is it added to the archives? I was a little disappointed in how many old Raw shows were available at launch but if they are slowly adding them it would make me happy.

Yeah, they're just slow to add them to sections. Searching let's you find them on PC at least.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Watching the Top Entrances Countdown show on demand and Bryan says he loves Goldust's entrance just because Marlena had a giant set of fake cans.

Then they cut to Brie saying "what?! what is happening?"

The Brie clip is out of context but kinda funny. Also pretty surprising from Bryan!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

Watching the Top Entrances Countdown show on demand and Bryan says he loves Goldust's entrance just because Marlena had a giant set of fake cans.

Then they cut to Brie saying "what?! what is happening?"

The Brie clip is out of context but kinda funny. Also pretty surprising from Bryan!

Yeah, I burst out laughing when he said that. Just seems so out of character, and funny because of Nikki's assets.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I want them to add a Netflix star rating system. It'd be great to be able to look at not only the most popular shows but the ones that are regarded as the best (and worst).

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

I want them to add a Netflix star rating system. It'd be great to be able to look at not only the most popular shows but the ones that are regarded as the best (and worst).

You can look at Most Popular here: http://network.wwe.com/search/most-popular

Agreed on the rating system.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Legends of Wrestling show is great. It does seem like it was recorded years ago so I'm not sure how many episodes of it they have. I'd love for them to have an ongoing roundtable show with former wrestlers and maybe even mix in some current stars. Just a group of people from the industry telling old stories about what went on behind the scenes. Seems like it'd be relatively cheap to produce.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.

Niwrad posted:

The Legends of Wrestling show is great. It does seem like it was recorded years ago so I'm not sure how many episodes of it they have. I'd love for them to have an ongoing roundtable show with former wrestlers and maybe even mix in some current stars. Just a group of people from the industry telling old stories about what went on behind the scenes. Seems like it'd be relatively cheap to produce.

They were filmed a while ago, yeah. Looks like there are 28 of them.

RetroHelix fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 7, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

JPrime posted:

Do you mean Windows Phone 8?

No, laptop. I ended up getting it to work, for some reason it only worked right in IE, not Chrome or Firefox. Weird.

Niwrad posted:

It really is. Just watched the Renegade episode and you can really tell why JR was kind of teetering on the edge between employed and fired until WWE found an excuse to can him. Him and the rest of the group is so dead on about poo poo like wrestlers being a part of creative being a terrible idea, or how so few wrestlers stand up for themselves these days.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My VOD is not cooperating :mad:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

It really is. Just watched the Renegade episode and you can really tell why JR was kind of teetering on the edge between employed and fired until WWE found an excuse to can him. Him and the rest of the group is so dead on about poo poo like wrestlers being a part of creative being a terrible idea, or how so few wrestlers stand up for themselves these days.

The one on bad gimmicks doesn't feature JR but does feature the panel making GBS threads all over Vince's dumb ideas for an hour.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
If you guys want a good laugh go watch Summerslam 89 and bask in the glory that is young coked out Tony Schiavone. Cannot stop laughing.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
One thing I've noticed from watching recent Raws on the Network is that they cut out the TRENDING NOW or LOOKIT THIS TWEET THIS GUY SENT ON THE SCREEN. It's nice.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.

Bard Maddox posted:

One thing I've noticed from watching recent Raws on the Network is that they cut out the TRENDING NOW or LOOKIT THIS TWEET THIS GUY SENT ON THE SCREEN. It's nice.

They had it during NXT tonight. I imagine it'll be cut out on the schedule filler, but won't be surprised if it pops up during their first-run (or promoted) content; NXT, Rewind, Countdown, and these WM replays they're doing leading up to 30.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

thatguyclint posted:

They had it during NXT tonight. I imagine it'll be cut out on the schedule filler, but won't be surprised if it pops up during their first-run (or promoted) content; NXT, Rewind, Countdown, and these WM replays they're doing leading up to 30.

Yeah, they definitely still have it for their live stuff, but for the older Raw replays on VOD it's not there. I wasn't expecting them to cut out what had already been placed in the show.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DeathChicken posted:

Well, this Eddie/Benoit match from One Night Stand is a mite uncomfortable. "There's the suicide headbutt!"
Wait till you get to the Mike Awesome match where Joey Styles acts like a big dumb baby.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. "Mike Awesome was paid a million dollars to jump ship to WCW! And he took it! He's history's greatest monster!"

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

As far as older Raws go, they're adding them after they play on the regular schedule, one new Raw each weekday. I'm willing to bet that when those catch up to September 1994, they'll start adding Nitros, too. At the current rate, this should be around the beginning of June, which lines up with the show they're going to have about the Monday Night Wars. Also, if they continue at the same rate, they'll hit 1997, i.e. the Attitude Era, right around September. Also known as the all-important six month re-subscription time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's cool that they recapped NXT Arrival with the still photos on the new NXT as if it were an actual PPV.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

epitasis posted:

It's cool that they recapped NXT Arrival with the still photos on the new NXT as if it were an actual PPV.

Make me wonder at what point they won't need to use stills, because if you are watching a Network show that means you have access to the PPV.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Make me wonder at what point they won't need to use stills, because if you are watching a Network show that means you have access to the PPV.

There's probably a decent amount of people who still watch it on Hulu.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

DeathChicken posted:

Yeah, that was ridiculous. "Mike Awesome was paid a million dollars to jump ship to WCW! And he took it! He's history's greatest monster!"

It was quite possibly the most forced "shoot" I've ever seen in my life. Even in 2005 the whole WCW deal was kind of over and done with which made it even more ridiculous.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DeathChicken posted:

Mike Awesome should be hated since he actually wanted to be paid and support his family!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
All this Mike Awesome discussion made me look him up on Wikipedia and I totally forgot he was dead.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

All this Mike Awesome discussion made me look him up on Wikipedia and I totally forgot he was dead.

Yep and Joey Styles at a ppv said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLrulcZ9UXY

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I always did like Mike Awesome as a wrestler. At least in ECW, he stood out as being slightly bigger than everyone else and unhinged enough to throw people around in horrible ways. Really not the kind of thing that would fly anywhere else besides ECW, but still.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DeathChicken posted:

I always did like Mike Awesome as a wrestler. At least in ECW, he stood out as being slightly bigger than everyone else and unhinged enough to throw people around in horrible ways. Really not the kind of thing that would fly anywhere else besides ECW, but still.

I loved him in ECW because he was a 6'8 dude who was super fast and light on his feet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I loved him in ECW because he was a 6'8 dude who was super fast and light on his feet.

Also all the matches with Masato Tanaka. They would just kill each other.

Pariah Rex
May 31, 2011

If I help you now it sets a bad example to my fans.

bobkatt013 posted:

The match they had at Heatwave has at least 3 moments where I was sure one of them broke their neck.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Mike Awesome had just as good matches in Japan with Tanaka and Hayabusa (Some of his matches with Hayabusa were really drat good)

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

bobkatt013 posted:

How Masato Tanaka does not have CTE from all those brutal chairshots he took in the One Night Stand 2005 match with Mike Awesome, alone, just boggles my mind.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Justin Godscock posted:

How Masato Tanaka does not have CTE from all those brutal chairshots he took in the One Night Stand 2005 match with Mike Awesome, alone, just boggles my mind.

You can ask that about any of his matches.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think people from Japan are made out of rubber. Even Hayabusa who was paralyzed for "life" is now walking around with limited mobility again. And Masata Tanaka still wrestles pretty well, probably the best out of almost any other ECW alumni besides maybe Stevie Richards and Tajiri

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bard Maddox posted:

There's probably a decent amount of people who still watch it on Hulu.

NXT airs on tv in a bunch of international markets and presumably sold Arrival as a PPV in those markets.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
Watched the Wrestlemania Rewind for WM 3. Awesome build up to Hogan/Andre.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My VOD is doing better so I'm checking out the WCW PPVs and its funny with the markers they put in because there's like 25 markers crammed in there cuz a shitload of matches go like 5 minutes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sigma posted:

NXT airs on tv in a bunch of international markets and presumably sold Arrival as a PPV in those markets.

In the UK they just showed the one-hour edit in NXT's usual slot that week. That's probably why the one hour edit exists at all, which means the people without the Network didn't see Paige vs Emma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

njsykora posted:

In the UK they just showed the one-hour edit in NXT's usual slot that week. That's probably why the one hour edit exists at all, which means the people without the Network didn't see Paige vs Emma.

That's odd, because it was the match that had the most hype on the night, and certainly had the most vignettes leading up to it. Though, I guess that meant a lot of time could be freed up by cutting everything associated with it.