Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

The remainder of the season will closely follow the plot of the hit film Swordfish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

a foolish pianist posted:

The remainder of the season will closely follow the plot of the hit film Swordfish.

So... Felicity would be the Hugh Jackman character, then.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Would that make Ollie the Halle Berry Character cause he's constantly topless?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Aphrodite posted:

It's supposed to be some sort of memory disorder from the sounds of it. Long term works, but seemingly no short term.

Had we even heard Ivo's motivation before anyway?

He wants to archive immortality through his android :colbert:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

e X posted:

He wants to archive immortality through his android :colbert:

Well, he's short a hand and forearm now. A step toward that reality would be a nice futuristic prosthesis.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
He's going to pull a Curt Connors. He needs to get his reptile look somehow.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So it doesn't necessarily mean much, but apparently the title of 2x20 was just revealed: "Seeing Red." Now, knowing about the original plans for 2x20, you have to wonder exactly what shade of red they'll be seeing.

Just to provide even more speculation fodder: it just so happens to overlap filming with the Flash pilot. In other words, they're shooting it right now. :flashfap:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Flash goes back in time, causes Laurel to get on the boat with Ollie. Next episode Laurel is Canary and nobody ever mentions it being different.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

WarLocke posted:

Flash goes back in time, causes Laurel to get on the boat with Ollie. Next episode Laurel is Canary and nobody ever mentions it being different.

Ahaha. The screams of impotent rage from all of the fans would be like Satan's choir.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Drifter posted:

Ahaha. The screams of impotent rage from all of the fans would be like Satan's choir.

If the head of WB ever went crazy and decided to cancel Arrow, they should just pump out ridiculous episodes involving Flash time travel destroying continuity.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Eddain posted:

If the head of WB ever went crazy and decided to cancel Arrow, they should just pump out ridiculous episodes involving Flash time travel destroying continuity.

Prior to the end of Season 3 they'll have a big network media push about how they're ending the show, but then the season finale will have Flash run so fast he breaks the fourth wall and convinces studio execs to get a fourth season of Arrow.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spergatory posted:

So it doesn't necessarily mean much, but apparently the title of 2x20 was just revealed: "Seeing Red." Now, knowing about the original plans for 2x20, you have to wonder exactly what shade of red they'll be seeing.

Somebody is going rouge

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Amber Benson is going to guest star in the episode only to get killed

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Bad Moon posted:

Somebody is going rouge

Whoever it is I hope it's Devil or Revival reds, and not Russian or Romantic.

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.
I'm pretty sure it refers to either Summer Glau as the Red Queen or Roy as Red Arrow/Arsenal. Likely the prior, because they really need to pay off that plotline.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pigbog posted:

I'm pretty sure it refers to either Summer Glau as the Red Queen or Roy as Red Arrow/Arsenal. Likely the prior, because they really need to pay off that plotline.

I think Summer Glau's already filmed all her contracted episodes this season

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I completely forgot that Caity Lotz played Anna Drapers niece in Mad Men.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/09/supernatural-spinoff-gets-new-name-and-lead-actress

quote:

Previously titled Supernatural: Tribes, the spin-off series gets a new title and casts an actress with Arrow and Supernatural cred.

Way to get my hopes up incredibly misleading news article! For 5 brief but oh so sweet seconds, I thought we might finally be getting free of Laurel with Cassidy moving to another show.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Shakugan posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/09/supernatural-spinoff-gets-new-name-and-lead-actress

Way to get my hopes up incredibly misleading news article! For 5 brief but oh so sweet seconds, I thought we might finally be getting free of Laurel with Cassidy moving to another show.

That monster mob stuff sounded so cool until it got to the cliche Romeo&Juliet romance bullshit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Shakugan posted:

Yes, because when people think of Arrow and Supernatural, their first inclination is "oh that girl that was in three episodes total between the two shows."

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Yes, because when people think of Arrow and Supernatural, their first inclination is "oh that girl that was in three episodes total between the two shows."

That people wouldn't think that first (and would instead think of Katie Cassidy who played/plays prominent roles in both) was entirely my point :confused:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shakugan posted:

That people wouldn't think that first (and would instead think of Katie Cassidy who played/plays prominent roles in both) was entirely my point :confused:

Yeah, sorry, I was agreeing that the article title is misleading and dumb.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shakugan posted:

Or they just titled it that way because it's pretty dumb to think that.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Or they just titled it that way because it's pretty dumb to think that.

I think there's a good chance it was click-bait with them expecting people might think that. Because the idea of Katie Cassidy wanting to move to another show isn't at all far-fetched. She's spent two seasons with the writers having very little idea what to do with her character and almost the entire fanbase absolutely loathes her. I can't imagine it's very fun being part of a show where the fanbase despises you (especially when you're supposed to be the love interest and someone who was only supposed to be in the show for an episode or two completely upstages you in the eyes of the fans for the position of love interest).

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Shakugan posted:

I think there's a good chance it was click-bait with them expecting people might think that. Because the idea of Katie Cassidy wanting to move to another show isn't at all far-fetched. She's spent two seasons with the writers having very little idea what to do with her character and almost the entire fanbase absolutely loathes her. I can't imagine it's very fun being part of a show where the fanbase despises you (especially when you're supposed to be the love interest and someone who was only supposed to be in the show for an episode or two completely upstages you in the eyes of the fans for the position of love interest).

It was pretty clear she was never meant to stay Love Interest, though. Her character was supposed to serve Ollie as a reminder of his past humanity, while he went out killing all those other dudes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, we don't for certain how big a role Felicity was meant to play in the show. She did end up supplanting Laurel as Oliver's morality anchor and potential love interest.

Also, Tommy was a way more interesting morality anchor than either Laurel or Felicity.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Well, we don't for certain how big a role Felicity was meant to play in the show. She did end up supplanting Laurel as Oliver's morality anchor and potential love interest.

Also, Tommy was a way more interesting morality anchor than either Laurel or Felicity.

Tommy was a true bro. Although he was still a little bitch for whining about Ollie killing people. Get over yourself, Tommy, jesus. MY friend comes back from the dead like a Robin Hood ghost of vengeance I'd laugh a little bit and then be all, You crazy white boy, motherfucka, you cool tho', for realz.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

During the season, I wanted to smack Tommy for being such a tool, but by the end, I realized that he actually had a remarkable character arc.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

During the season, I wanted to smack Tommy for being such a tool, but by the end, I realized that he actually had a remarkable character arc.

It's a shame his character didn't have a stronger foundation. :v:

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Rarity posted:

I think Summer Glau's already filmed all her contracted episodes this season

Summer Glau was on Arrow? When?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Unless I'm missing something, nothing in the title suggests the actress is currently on Arrow? Which means, "previously appeared on Supernatural" perfectly accurate.

Was hoping for somebody more notable like Katharine Isabelle or Amber Benson, though.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

Summer Glau is the co-owner of Ollie's company. She's been in several episodes.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Drifter posted:

Several being like three or so.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

e X posted:

Several being like three or so.

Is that not literally what several means?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HitTheTargets posted:

She and Ollie had sex!

Felicity cried about it!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Why do I have the feeling "ollie and x had sex. Felicity cried" will be a new running joke?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Why do I have the feeling "ollie and x had sex. Felicity cried" will be a new running joke?

Ollie and Felicity had sex. Felicity cried.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

Unless I'm missing something, nothing in the title suggests the actress is currently on Arrow? Which means, "previously appeared on Supernatural" perfectly accurate.

Was hoping for somebody more notable like Katharine Isabelle or Amber Benson, though.

It's the link on the main page (i.e. the one that people actually click to go to the article) that has the potentially misleading stuff that I quoted, not the article itself.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Drifter posted:

Wait, they had a guest star just straight up play Ollie's partner? Does he have a brother who has only shown up twice too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
No, Oliver's company was in trouble after season 1 because his family name was ruined, so Summer Glau tried to buy it out, but ended up owning just half of the company because Business Jargon. She's appeared in four episodes so far, with (evidently) one more to go.

• Locked thread