Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

DeathChicken posted:

What's worse is that's pretty much how the match went. Then it was reversed by Laptop GM, which is just the most limpdick way of pissing on the crowd they could have managed.

Which makes sense. Hornswoggle HATED Lawler's midget jokes*.

*Hornswoggle had this in common with God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

I think Malenko was the agent responsible for that one.

He was.

The problem was that feud apparently did huge quarter hour ratings so they thought it would be smart to stretch it out.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did they ever reveal who laptop GM was? Or even plan on revealing it? It seems really weird they'd do a long, extended angle with a mystery man running everything and not have some kind of pay of...but then again, WWE.

Blankgambit
Mar 30, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

Did they ever reveal who laptop GM was? Or even plan on revealing it? It seems really weird they'd do a long, extended angle with a mystery man running everything and not have some kind of pay of...but then again, WWE.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=anonymous+raw+gm+revealed

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

TheJoker138 posted:

I think it just ended up being Hornswaggle. That's what I've read here, wasn't watching at the time (thank god).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Static Rook posted:

I think it just ended up being Hornswaggle. That's what I've read here, wasn't watching at the time (thank god).

Holy poo poo. Just... I have no words.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

WWE started a big mystery angle and ended it with Hornswoggle.

This happened not once, but twice.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

LividLiquid posted:

WWE started a big mystery angle and ended it with Hornswoggle.

This happened not once, but twice.

They should do it again but this time it's a swerve and El Torito is the real GM.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Let it be known that the Anonymous GM had hosed with and picked on Hornswoggle before too, so it makes no sense that it was him. They just "revealed" as him it because it would be "funny".

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Static Rook posted:

They revealed it after just kinda abandoning the angle for almost a year as well.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Angular Landbury posted:

They revealed it after just kinda abandoning the angle for almost a year as well.

I remember that it was rumored that originally it was going to be Michael Cole. That would have been interesting, especially since there were times it seemed pretty obvious. Like, even my roomie who hasn't watched wrestling since the late 90s-early aughts watched a segment and said, "It's Cole, isn't it?"

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

They should have just gone meta with it and revealed it to have been Vince Russo the entire time as an explanation for why it was so inconsistent.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TheJoker138 posted:

They should have just gone meta with it and revealed it to have been Vince Russo the entire time as an explanation for why it was so inconsistent.

Then you fall into the Bischoff trap of assuming the fanbase is smarter than they are.

"What's wrong, Sid? Did you forget your scissors?"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KungFu Grip posted:

Let it be known that the Anonymous GM had hosed with and picked on Hornswoggle before too,

When was this? I seem to remember the only real contradiction was that Hornswoggle was Smackdown's cheerleader at Bragging Rights, but my mind easily could have blanked it out as Heel Cole had that effect on me frequently.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The anonymous GM should have been The Iron Sheik, and then he should have started GMing like he tweets.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Neodoomium posted:

Then you fall into the Bischoff trap of assuming the fanbase is smarter than they are.

"What's wrong, Sid? Did you forget your scissors?"

DID YOU FORGET YOUR SCISSORS?

*silence*

IronCladBurrito
Aug 11, 2002

Excuse me, is this where the bitches are found?

Endorph posted:

The anonymous GM should have been The Iron Sheik, and then he should have started GMing like he tweets.

...and have Michael Cole read them aloud.

"And I Quote: 'Kennedy Mac Man go gently caress yourself jabroni I will gently caress your rear end break your back make you humble.' Ladies and Gentlemen, I have no idea what this means."

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

At some point in history this thread was about wrestlers saying dumb stuff on twitter

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Not exactly twitter, but it's a wrestler saying something on the internet.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like Elgin and all but he should stay off of the internet.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

At some point in history this thread was about wrestlers saying dumb stuff on twitter

Endorph posted:

"Goodnight Wednesday. Today was excellent but still you can go gently caress yourself"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Especially if he's trying to get a tryout at the Performance Center.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm pretty sure the first person I ever saw do the superplex from the outside was CM Punk of all people in 2005

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I think Colt Cabana said it best when he said that John Cena was stealing his patented Irish Whip when Elgin was bringing up Swagger doing turnbuckle bombs.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Cesaro should have known that when using a move you didn't invent, you're supposed to vocally give a shout-out to the indy guy who used it first. Duh.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Nova is gonna be so pissed.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I can think of no more effective heel move than Bitstrips.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm pretty sure the first person I ever saw do the superplex from the outside was CM Punk of all people in 2005

Can't believe Emma stole the Muta lock tbh

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Batista posted:

Can't believe Emma stole the Muta lock tbh

She probably beat him up for it. That lady is weirdo strong.

anyway, here's a tweet about Yuji Nagata creepin on Nakata Chisato(from AKB48).

https://twitter.com/nagata769/status/440017360653541377

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Meltzer in the 90's posted:

Benoit actually weighs more than Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Shawn Michaels and Mike Tyson. [10/95]

Put together?!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

@RealKingRegal posted:

@WWECesaro I had a old girl friend leave me in Holland once.I could still see her three days later.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Put together?!

Depends. Are we counting the weights tied around his neck?

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I liked when he said on twitter that he and MsChif were expecting a child and then I saw her work a match last week.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/TitusONeilWWE

Titus got a new background :stare:

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

kayfabe lives

(darren young quite clearly doesn't)

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

URRA URRA URRA URRA URRA

Blankgambit
Mar 30, 2010
https://twitter.com/ROHMichaelElgin/status/441774766161014785

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The hotdogs are in the enclosed stomach.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

@ZackRyder posted:

Episode 1 of my NEW YouTube Show…Zack Ryder's Last ReZort http://youtu.be/uCgeb2ecCc8 #LastReZort RT

Oh god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceBurrito
Jan 6, 2013
I'd much rather see this than more "everything sucks" tweets from Ryder.