Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Would there be any interest in picking like one show a week to watch and talk about? Like a random awful WCW PPV or ECW Hardcore TV or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Literally The Worst posted:

Would there be any interest in picking like one show a week to watch and talk about? Like a random awful WCW PPV or ECW Hardcore TV or something.

Yes, if my schedule allows.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
So uh, is there any way to get the seek bar to behave properly? It never goes to the point where I want it to, it always jumps backward.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

They pixelate Jacqueline's nudity during Capital Carnage 1999 so now how am I supposed to find boobs on the internet

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

coconono posted:

Partially, he's a megadork trustfunded with his deceased wife's life insurance money. I'm pretty sure WWE makes sure he gets choice seating and such.

Tho I did hear unconfirmed stuff about getting thrown out of an arena recently.

Didn't he win a bit of cash on Let's Make A Deal one time that had a bunch of WWE guys showing up in support of him?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mob posted:

They pixelate Jacqueline's nudity during Capital Carnage 1999 so now how am I supposed to find boobs on the internet

find regals dick

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Xenoletum posted:

Didn't he win a bit of cash on Let's Make A Deal one time that had a bunch of WWE guys showing up in support of him?

He was on Deal or No Deal and I think Edge and Orton showed up to heckle him

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Kat

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why did I just watch the main event at Starrcade 97

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

well, you are Literally The Worst

Fushin
Dec 16, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I blitzed through all the 2000 WCW PPVs when I first got the network. I'm numb to any emotional pain now.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Another Aussie signing in. Running the network thru Unlocator. Seems to stream the live stuf fine, but I am having a lot of trouble with the older VOD content. It seems to be very very hit and miss for me. Mostly miss. I get the rating video no worries but then I just get the spinning circle a lot and then an error. Refreshing works rarely.

When it does work it's almost instant video.

Any suggestions for me?

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
For everyone who wants to see a story expertly told through wrestling moves Owen against Bret at WM10 is a perfect example. I think someone here said that it was a great example of wrestling as an art form and I have to agree. By far my favorite match, eclipsing Savage/Steamboat at WM3 and Guerrero/Mysterio at Halloween Havoc 97. I'm turning into a Hart mark fast. Sorry Macho Man.

I probably would have never seen those matches without the network. This poo poo rules.

astrollinthepork fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 12, 2014

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
Just to let everyone know, your WWE Network $5 coupon for the Xbox 360 trouble works with the current WWE Shop buy 1 t-shirt get one 50% off deal.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

freeranger posted:

Another Aussie signing in. Running the network thru Unlocator. Seems to stream the live stuf fine, but I am having a lot of trouble with the older VOD content. It seems to be very very hit and miss for me. Mostly miss. I get the rating video no worries but then I just get the spinning circle a lot and then an error. Refreshing works rarely.

Any suggestions for me?

Canada here. I'm using Hola through Chrome with no problems whatsoever. It's a bit slow at times but I think that may be an issue with my own connection. It certainly loads everything I've tried.

e: I'm loving the Maple Leaf Gardens shows in the Old School section. They're slightly before my time as a fan but shows from that building always give me chills since my first wrestling events were there. Now it's a grocery store.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 12, 2014

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

freeranger posted:

Any suggestions for me?

I'm in the States but had the same problem. I typically use Firefox, and live content/newer VOD works fine, but for older VOD I have to use IE. Not really sure why that is, but it solves it.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

Isn't this censored as well on the network?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

This Summerslam with Hogan/HBK as the main event is one of the most glorious things I've ever seen.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

TUS posted:

This Summerslam with Hogan/HBK as the main event is one of the most glorious things I've ever seen.

Is that the one where HBK mega sells the leg drop?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tyson Tomko posted:

Is that the one where HBK mega sells the leg drop?

No. He mega sells everything.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He sells the Big Boot by doing a pirouette.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

DeathChicken posted:

He sells the Big Boot by doing a pirouette.

That's what I was thinking of! I remember after either big boot or leg drop HBK gets up, flails around (you see Hogan then turn around and glance at him kinda like "oh poo poo he's still standing") then dies.

-- HAHAHA after searching for that gif I found a few others, and realized it's been a long time since I've seen that match. He really does oversell everything. I especially liked:

VVVVVV Same page!

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 12, 2014

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

HBK also does something resembling a backflip after a head to turnbuckle spot.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Being at that live is one of the greatest experiences of my life

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I'd always liked HBK (except for the jannetty feud because jannetty owns) but that Hogan match solidified him as one of my favorites of all time.

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

I'm currently reliving my childhood with WCW Superbrawl 2 and WarGames...the "Dangerous Alliance Era" ruled so freaking hard. That and Flyin' Bryan vs. Jushin Thunder Liger! Totally worth the $10 bucks

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not that I expect them to add this feature now, but one thing that really sold me on Netflix was the ability for the software to always remember what I was watching and where I stopped it, even for multiple shows/movies. I could start watching at home, pick it right up on my tablet while on the go, and finish it up at a friend's house later. The Network not having a queue or a 'Recently Watched' section (unless I'm missing it), especially when they advertise that it works across many devices, is a big whiff for me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Network not having a queue or a 'Recently Watched' section (unless I'm missing it), especially when they advertise that it works across many devices, is a big whiff for me.

I think stuff like this always ties back into the reports that "WWE is surprised at the number of people interested in the back catalogue"

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Jackie D posted:

Being at that live is one of the greatest experiences of my life

I loved that show. I too was there live.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Have they said anything about adding Total Divas to the show lineup? Perhaps on a one-month delay like they are supposedly going to do with current Raw episodes? I'd like to start watching that show, but the Network has spoiled me to the degree that DVRing everything and watching in order feels like a real chore.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not that I expect them to add this feature now, but one thing that really sold me on Netflix was the ability for the software to always remember what I was watching and where I stopped it, even for multiple shows/movies. I could start watching at home, pick it right up on my tablet while on the go, and finish it up at a friend's house later. The Network not having a queue or a 'Recently Watched' section (unless I'm missing it), especially when they advertise that it works across many devices, is a big whiff for me.
It is especially annoying considering that the majority of their on-demand catalogue is made up of 3 hour shows. Very rarely will I watch one of those in a single sitting, so I have to manually seek my spot each time I resume.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hoping they add the first season when the second one premieres - more people need to see depressive Cena, the misadventures of Funkadactyl Cameron's personal life and Tyson Kidd being a goon.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I've been to plenty of WWE/ROH house shows, but the only live PPV I went to was a great one. I was dating my now wife at the time and we found out each other was into wrestling and that she was a monstrous Undertaker fan. I surprised her and went balls out for WrestlaMania 25 tickets (I live in Illinois, it was in Houston). Seeing HBK vs the Undertaker was so much fun and I have never felt that much energy from a crowd before or since. We had $105/each tickets which put us on the first level off the floor which were way nicer than I ever dreamed of. It was such a great show.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Watching RR93...holy crap. After the Michaels/Jannetty match, Sherri is hysterical backstge, and Gene nearly slaps her to get her to calm down. "Dammit, Sherri!" :stonk:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Just finished watching Mania 19, and now nothing is working. No live feed, no VOD, no nothing.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I randomly tried looking up Wrestlepalooza, the description came up, but Video Not Found. Not sure if it's broken or if they just haven't added much of anything.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

I Before E posted:

Just finished watching Mania 19, and now nothing is working. No live feed, no VOD, no nothing.

Yeah everything's completely black for me too.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

elf help book posted:

find regals dick

I found it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did they remove the ability to search on the phone app? I tried to look something up at work just now for watching later and I either got a "tap here to watch the network!" screen or the video feed with no other options on either screen.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

IcePhoenix posted:

Did they remove the ability to search on the phone app? I tried to look something up at work just now for watching later and I either got a "tap here to watch the network!" screen or the video feed with no other options on either screen.
You have to back out to the main menu of the app, then select WWE Network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Hey, Rumble 2014 is up. now we can watch Batista get booed out of the building anytime we want!