Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Carteret posted:

I must be weird, because the minifigs are the least interesting part of the Star Wars Lego sets to me. I wish I fell back in love when the Y-Wing was still easily obtainable. Looking forward to all the awesome new ships coming out this year!

You might have some luck at Toys R Us: LEGO Star Wars Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter (9495). It's pricey, but you can look out for their sales (e.g. buy one, get 50% another).

I'm so looking forward this summer to pick up the AT-AT and snowspeeder later this year. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Of all the LEGO forums I've seen this is the most tolerable. Brickset is okay, probably because it's only a few years old. Eurobricks is trash and brickpicker is all scum.

Anyway, Lone Ranger sets, after buying a few at half off, are great. I have no desire to see the film but these are probably better than any 1996 Wild West reboot we could have dreamed of. Classic train, beautiful stage coach, and the mine! The mine is a hidden gem (and great if you can/could pick it up for $35) with so many cool play features and a great look.

Some licensed sets like PoP really weren't that great, but I hope these designers get the recognition they deserve for such great sets.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

No rage at all, and it's really creepy/sad that you guys keep needing to characterize the idea of "share access to toys with children" as only possibly coming from some slavering strawman. All I said initially was "hey maybe don't buy the entire case" and you guys have responded like giant embarrassing cliches. Reminder that that one hoardy dude literally argued that minifigs aren't for children.

Not everyone on earth is a guy, autist.

All I wanted was to make a simple request that you guys maybe be more considerate of children when you pursue your manchild hobby. Clearly that was way too much to ask, so I apologize. Please at least remember to wash the cum out of your jorts before you go to Toys R Us to tongue the blind bags looking for your tiny plastic waifus, because it leads to those of us adults not on the sex offender list having to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions.

Goddamn you are so angry lol

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Serious post: has anyone here ever bought Lego wearing something other than cum-stained jorts? I think the deviation from uniform makes it hard to let others know that I'm an AFOL.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

No rage at all, and it's really creepy/sad that you guys keep needing to characterize the idea of "share access to toys with children" as only possibly coming from some slavering strawman. All I said initially was "hey maybe don't buy the entire case" and you guys have responded like giant embarrassing cliches. Reminder that that one hoardy dude literally argued that minifigs aren't for children.

All I wanted was to make a simple request that you guys maybe be more considerate of children when you pursue your manchild hobby. Clearly that was way too much to ask, so I apologize. Please at least remember to wash the cum out of your jorts before you go to Toys R Us to tongue the blind bags looking for your tiny plastic waifus, because it leads to those of us adults not on the sex offender list having to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I bought a bunch of Lego last week because I was getting over the flu and I was bored.

I bought everything online though, like a proper adult who's ashamed of his manchild hobby. :smug:

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

There is 16 minis to a set, how I suppose to get them all if I don't buy a bunch

Holy crap, take some deep breathes. It's not like we are sneaking into the kids how and stealing their toys while they sleep.

I can't even count how many small kids I have helped find a certain mini figure they are looking for while looking for mine and my small cousins. Seeing them get excited to finally find the one they are looking for, the same way I would get excited when my parents would take me shopping and finding that one toy I wanted, warms my heart. Hell, even the kids parents are happy that their kid got the one they want also.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Maybe that '350 pound greasy ponytail meme brony' was looking for the last couple of figures to round out his collection. Maybe if you had approached him he would've been a nice collector and would've helped your kid find what he (or she, since you're so touchy about what gender you're perceived as in a generally anonymous forum despite not designating one in your profile) was looking for.
Those speculators and resellers? They're not standing around for an hour trying to find the rares (except in the case of Mr. Gold). They'll buy an entire store's stock as soon as they're released.

I bought a case the day they were released when there were 10 other boxes on the shelves, months before the movie came out.
Now, please, go ahead and bitch and moan more about how I buy children's toys. Perhaps other threads would be interested in you telling them your feelings on their hobbies. The Trad Games forum certainly needs an Adult to tell them to stop playing with toys and spending money on Monopoly. Games needs you to tell them to stop playing video games and go have meaningful relationships. TVIV definitely needs a voice of reason to interrupt their live posting to tell them to go on a hike in the woods. TBB's scifi threads should have someone tell them how the genre is trash and they need to read more Proper Literature. SAS needs to be told how they're frivolously wasting their time and should be doing charity work.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

And here the local Lego store knows me on a first name basis I'm in so drat much.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Pirate Ken posted:

Of all the LEGO forums I've seen this is the most tolerable. Brickset is okay, probably because it's only a few years old. Eurobricks is trash and brickpicker is all scum.

Anyway, Lone Ranger sets, after buying a few at half off, are great. I have no desire to see the film but these are probably better than any 1996 Wild West reboot we could have dreamed of. Classic train, beautiful stage coach, and the mine! The mine is a hidden gem (and great if you can/could pick it up for $35) with so many cool play features and a great look.

Some licensed sets like PoP really weren't that great, but I hope these designers get the recognition they deserve for such great sets.

I am disappointed I didn't pick up the Gold Mine set when I saw it, that set would have gone great with the Lone Ranger Train. Plus it would have added a nice piece to the otherwise huge amount of empty tracks I am working on filling in, time to break out the Old West sets I have and set up a good old fashion train robbery, just with more robot pelt hunter mini figures.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Mitsune posted:

You might have some luck at Toys R Us: LEGO Star Wars Gold Leader's Y-Wing Starfighter (9495). It's pricey, but you can look out for their sales (e.g. buy one, get 50% another).

I'm so looking forward this summer to pick up the AT-AT and snowspeeder later this year. :3:

$60 is only $10 over MSRP on a retired set. If you need a Y-wing for your collection, buy it now or wait 3 or 4 years for the next version to come out.

Looking forward to the Star Wars sets coming out this summer/fall as well.

DrChud posted:

I can't even count how many small kids I have helped find a certain mini figure they are looking for while looking for mine and my small cousins. Seeing them get excited to finally find the one they are looking for, the same way I would get excited when my parents would take me shopping and finding that one toy I wanted, warms my heart. Hell, even the kids parents are happy that their kid got the one they want also.

This ^^ Every time I've gone to the Lego store for minifigs, it ends up being me and a couple other adults surrounded by kids as we find the ones that everyone wants. Everyone pitches in to try to identify the bag and a good time is had by all.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

DrChud posted:

There is 16 minis to a set, how I suppose to get them all if I don't buy a bunch

Holy crap, take some deep breathes. It's not like we are sneaking into the kids how and stealing their toys while they sleep.

I hope you're at least wearing your least cum-stained jorts when interacting with children.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Just picked up two new pairs of jorts to stain with cum, now everyone will know and fear me when I buy Legos.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
What the gently caress happened in here?
:frogout: losers, don't ruin my drama free thread.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006
What the heck is going on here.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I have no idea either but tiny brontosaurus can cool it or they'll go down on record as the poster getting a timeout in the lego thread.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

obi_ant posted:

You do know things take more than a month or two to conceptualize, create and market right? Lego probably didn't see the movie getting as big as it's doing. Give it some time and they might create something awesome.

That and lead times can be up to 6+ months from leaving the factory and hitting stores. Plus it's not up to lego at all to stock shelves. It's retailers. They'll only order x-amount of product and that's it. Lego will only fill those orders.

With the Lego movie being a big hit, I bet you'll see larger orders for the 2nd series of sets, hopefully that means they'll create another minifig the movie series after the Simpsons ones. I don't think its lost on retailers when the shelves are empty of lego movie sets but full of Chima "shelf warmers".

2017 is a long way away for the sequel, I bet you dollars to donuts we'll see a tv series in between then based upon the Movie characters.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

What about leaving some for children to buy and enjoy? An adult has access to the hundreds-of-dollars monster sets, why not let the kids making do with allowance money have some toys too?

This was a reasonable point.

you profiteering sperg. ... 350 pounds of greasy ponytail and meme shirts

Couldn't, greedy sperg.

...in no way a manifestation of your autism.

...brick-bronies...

...creepy adults waddling their way into childrens' hobbies ... Bark bark bark gotta chase off the intruder. How many lego stores are you banned from.

Sorry man I know your crotch droppings aka "sex trophies" wanted to play tee-ball this summer but I just bought up all the miniature pink plastic baseball gloves so deal with it. That's a little internet humor for you, you probably wouldn't get it. I'm an investor.

...pursue your manchild hobby. ... Please at least remember to wash the cum out of your jorts before you go to Toys R Us to tongue the blind bags looking for your tiny plastic waifus, because it leads to those of us adults not on the sex offender list having to answer a lot of uncomfortable questions.

Shame that the majority of your other posts are filled with unnecessary personal attacks.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Big K of Justice posted:

That and lead times can be up to 6+ months from leaving the factory and hitting stores. Plus it's not up to lego at all to stock shelves. It's retailers. They'll only order x-amount of product and that's it. Lego will only fill those orders.

With the Lego movie being a big hit, I bet you'll see larger orders for the 2nd series of sets, hopefully that means they'll create another minifig the movie series after the Simpsons ones. I don't think its lost on retailers when the shelves are empty of lego movie sets but full of Chima "shelf warmers".

2017 is a long way away for the sequel, I bet you dollars to donuts we'll see a tv series in between then based upon the Movie characters.

And another thing, the Simpsons House and minifig line were probably contractually obligated to be released at a particular time, and it was probably written up a year ago (it'd be kinda dumb if the Simpsons house came out 8 months before the minifigures did). The movie got a firmed-up release date and they released the movie lines in the same time period, and the Simpsons release happened to coincide. They couldn't predict how well the movie would do and stock was comparable to Chima or Ninjago, with an average minifigures stock.
I'm sure they're in emergency "Oh poo poo, this flew off the shelves, make more!" mode now and we'll be seeing fresh boxes of Movie minifigures alongside Simpsons minifigures.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Chairchucker posted:

This was a reasonable point.

Shame that the majority of your other posts are filled with unnecessary personal attacks.

Agreed. I was looking for the technic unimog set at a local tru, which has a large multiple isle lego setup, for some reason they put the movie 30282 bags in between the $200 technic sets away from everything else.

I was tempted to buy all 10 bags to start building a robo army but I just grabbed them and put all the bags with the rest of the movie sets and mixel bag and within a few minutes they were half gone by the time I left the the store.

I did clean them out of the 3 bagged tontos though... gently caress yeah lego turkey legs.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Okay so I was gonna come in here and post about Lego making bad decisions from a business perspective but i guess the thread got derailed to hell. Good job, guys. And apparently Tiny Brontosaurus who has a pretty huge hard-on for someone to acknowledge that they don't necessarily have a penis.

Pirate Ken posted:

The worst part about the Lone Ranger sets was the license. The train and the mine would have been must buys for me if he price were a third lower.

Shit Fuckasaurus fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Mar 13, 2014

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Big K of Justice posted:

I did clean them out of the 3 bagged tontos though... gently caress yeah lego turkey legs.

BUILD ONE IN BAG! BUILD ONE IN BAG!

So I've already decided to get a complete set of the Simpsons minifigs. Other than feeling up bags, what's the best/cheapest way to accomplish that? Buy a box and sell off the remainder? Just buy a complete set on e Bay? Just buy 16 and hope (or trade? )

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Plastik posted:

Okay so I was gonna come in here and post about Lego making bad decisions from a business perspective but i guess the thread got derailed to hell. Good job, guys. And apparently Tiny Brontosaurus who has a pretty huge hard-on for someone to acknowledge that they don't necessarily have a penis.
Please, save us and this thread with your deep insight into plastic toy businessworks. It definitely wasn't one of the worse parts of the last five pages or anything, for sure.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

Please, save us and this thread with your deep insight into plastic toy businessworks. It definitely wasn't one of the worse parts of the last five pages or anything, for sure.

I'm sorry my two posts were so terrible compared to two solid pages of you being told you're a sweaty manchild with aspergers I guess?

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

That Y-Wing is a really good build I thought and is plenty swooshable despite looking pretty spindly. That TRU price tag is maybe 5-10 bucks too steep but if it's a sale or you have a coupon I'd grab it for sure. I did snag that Chima gorilla bot for 30 on amazon via brickbadger the other week and it has to be one of the more creative concepts I've seen for a set that is also sort of incomprehensible as to how somebody thought of it. My girlfriend was confused by the fact that both my roommate and I loved it for being exactly as bizarre as it is.

Also sorry for tossing in another dumb report, had like a 4 page backlog of posts and didn't see a mod had said anything until after.

Edit: Anybody got an opinion on Jabba's Sail Barge? It looks pretty good on the outside but I can't really tell if there's much going on inside of it since it seems super narrow. Plus the only minifigs in it I want are Slave Leia and the little blue band alien.

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 13, 2014

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
I like to buy Lego but not build it, keeping it safely in MSIB condition.

Mostly because I'm buying it for my son, who is two years old. He's too young to build it and really play with it now, but with what spare change I have left after bills and savings, I like to pick up a set every couple of weeks so when he is old enough to play with it safely and be able to match his imagination with his eye-hand coordination, he should have a couple dozen sets at least to play with. I do like getting the minifigs for him though, because he likes to put the 'mans' in his trucks and drive them around the house.

I guess I'll hand in my cummy jorts, then. I'm ruining this hobby for everyone :(

Also geez I have no desire whatsoever to get those Simpsons minifigs. Just not doing it for me at all. Sets, maybe, but not those things. They tread the water too close to Megabloks.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is there anything really cool on Cuusoo that doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention? I'm stuck here for a few more hours, I might as well fill out some forms for Lego.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Canopus250 posted:

Edit: Anybody got an opinion on Jabba's Sail Barge? It looks pretty good on the outside but I can't really tell if there's much going on inside of it since it seems super narrow. Plus the only minifigs in it I want are Slave Leia and the little blue band alien.

I found a review on Eurobricks with some interior pics. I like the blue guy's instrument, but the rest doesn't seem terribly impressive. Well, maybe the hidden cannon...

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Thanks, it seems like I'd be better off snagging the two mini figs I want and trying to build something myself for the instrument and put it in Jabba's Palace somewhere.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Chill the gently caress out hitlers.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Canopus250 posted:

Thanks, it seems like I'd be better off snagging the two mini figs I want and trying to build something myself for the instrument and put it in Jabba's Palace somewhere.

It's pretty fun to play with, especially if you have the skiff and the other necessary players to do sarlacc pit. The interior is nothing special, especially with Jabba in it, but I love the detail on the outside of the barge, and the deck is an ok play space although the sails kind of get in the way. I wish there was some kind of way for R2 to hold Luke's light saber, but what can you do? Anyway the set has been on a decent sale on amazon for a while now.

Edit: forgot to mention it rolls on wheels in the base, which always gets me

Edit2: also everyone should by the rancor pit set because it has the minifig which represents all AFOL, the rancor keeper

Dogen fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 13, 2014

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Plastik posted:

Okay so I was gonna come in here and post about Lego making bad decisions from a business perspective

But they didn't. That's the whole point. They planned for a solid showing for the movie and got an unexpected blockbuster. At the same time, they produced a single set from a single license with a limited distribution channel and some minifigs which are part of a series of products with an inconsistent distribution channel. I honestly don't see how you can spin that as planning to fail. You claim that you think they shouldn't "plan for success", but what the hell do you think they could do, given the inflexibility of the film industry and the shitshow that is retail?

On top of that, it's not like a) the Simpsons license it toxic or will perform badly, or b) they even occupy the same space on store shelves outside of the LEGO Store. And if you're all in a tizzy about the movie minifigs being bumped out by the Simpsons minifigs: before your comment, there were several pages of people talking about how historically inconsistent minifig distribution is because it's entirely outside TLG's hands.

The movie is a huge success, and it's generating a ton of interest for the LEGO brand beyond just the movie sets. What else do you want from them?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
He wants to see Lego Movie sets and merchandise clogging store isles for months all the way up until the end of 2015 when everyone will be so utterly sick of it that stores across the country will clearance all of it and let him obtain every set for pennies on the dollar.

Anyway, my wife said she wanted the little Sydney Opera House from the Architecture Line, so I got it for her and she built it a few nights ago. She had some trouble, and once remarked "This makes me want to crochet," but had fun and was quite pleased with the result. She's also become my drafting buddy at Lug meetings :3:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Canopus250 posted:

Because it is a star wars set, it will be 25-30% higher than it should be BUT overall it is a fairly fun set. I had Jabba's Palace/Rancor Pit/Skiff/Sail Barge/Slave I out for my friend's children to play with and the two of them were kept occupied with it for hours and they never seen ROTJ. The top comes off and the walls fold down so the kids had fun with it as a playset as well as a vehicle.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I am bored of my minifigs standing in isolation and want to custom build some neat dioramas or something. What is the best and cheapest way to build a collection of decent construction and decoration blocks in decent colours? Probably for making bricks, paving, that sort of stuff as I terminally uncreative.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I am bored of my minifigs standing in isolation and want to custom build some neat dioramas or something. What is the best and cheapest way to build a collection of decent construction and decoration blocks in decent colours? Probably for making bricks, paving, that sort of stuff as I terminally uncreative.

Yard sales. It is getting time for them to start and you can pick up big bins of bricks for cheap.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Buy sets from bricklink that have had the minifigures taken out, they are cheaper and you can get a good variety of parts. Example, you can buy lord buisness lair for $35 http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Jango11&itemID=51856239 and get a fair number of handy parts for building random mocs.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is there anything really cool on Cuusoo that doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention? I'm stuck here for a few more hours, I might as well fill out some forms for Lego.

Mine could always use a lot more love haha: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/58184

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Plastik posted:

You should find the thread on the movie Planes and talk about Disney's lovely planning.

I just want to buy my sons some loving toy airplanes from your movie, Disney! WHAT THE HELL?

I mean, at least I can get them some Lego Cars stuff, but I hate Cars, and it's all Duplo anyhow. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Merchant of Death posted:

Buy sets from bricklink that have had the minifigures taken out, they are cheaper and you can get a good variety of parts. Example, you can buy lord buisness lair for $35 http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Jango11&itemID=51856239 and get a fair number of handy parts for building random mocs.

Thanks, I didn't know bricklink had a UK section. As for the guy who said yard sales, I forgot to mention I live in the UK :(