Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

anotherblownsave posted:

Who's a stars fan here? Pfft they suck.

You are dead to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Ashekaban posted:

There's usually a race for pens leafs kings. We have a resident bruins, ducks, caps, stars fans. Rest are usually open season.

Sweet! My favorites are the Wings, Lightning, Rangers, and then probably the Hurricanes so it sounds like an open field (but with bad cards for most of those in the monetary value arena).

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Ashekaban posted:

There's usually a race for pens leafs kings. We have a resident bruins, ducks, caps, stars fans. Rest are usually open season.

Quick pick any team that AAB draws for!

I've got tons of Canes cards if you wanna buy a few. Low pick steal every single time.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Darius099 posted:

Sweet! My favorites are the Wings, Lightning, Rangers, and then probably the Hurricanes so it sounds like an open field (but with bad cards for most of those in the monetary value arena).

Nono you gotta pick one. We sorta do a decent honor system where if your in a pick or two of drafting we don't normally steal favorites. Except catwife

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Of those teams I don't see anything going too high, probably the Wings will go at like, pick 10. I doubt all 3 of those will be gone by pick 15. Pens really draws a crowd. Leafs too. Dallas should go higher but never does. Kings should but AAB isn't around to take them high. Original 6 teams go in the first half usually. I usually take the Coyotes late, because they suck. Canes usually go pretty late.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

darkwolf220 posted:

Of those teams I don't see anything going too high, probably the Wings will go at like, pick 10. I doubt all 3 of those will be gone by pick 15. Pens really draws a crowd. Leafs too. Dallas should go higher but never does. Kings should but AAB isn't around to take them high. Original 6 teams go in the first half usually. I usually take the Coyotes late, because they suck. Canes usually go pretty late.

The canes always seem to have a ton of hits for the value too. I always debate on taking them, but Nashville :)

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
This break will also be weird since you have rookies spread across a number of years. The Pacific break we did a few months ago had some whacky picks early.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Schremp Howard posted:

This break will also be weird since you have rookies spread across a number of years. The Pacific break we did a few months ago had some whacky picks early.

Yeah, and depending what sets are what, will change picks easily. Its gunna be weird.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Well, Washington will go higher than usual because of the possibility of an Ovechkin rookie. Maybe Boston because of Kessel or Lightning because of Stamkos, but I don't think the Lightning will go too early because of it.

Penguins will def be top 3 because ~Crosby Rookie Chance~ but the Pens go in the top 3 like every break, so really nothing new.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Ashekaban posted:

Nono you gotta pick one. We sorta do a decent honor system where if your in a pick or two of drafting we don't normally steal favorites. Except catwife

I am torn but have to stick with my #1A being Detroit and making my Tampa #1B. The Rangers are my fiancee's favorite (who got into this in a mild way with me).

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Except catwife

In breaking, every team is available that hasn't been taken already. If you choose to omit a team because it is someone else's favorite, it is your prerogative but not required. Don't be a dick.

In other news, the cards came today :toot: Everything seems to be here, so we are good to go! If you have not gotten payment to me, please do as soon as possible. See everyone Sunday!

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

darkwolf220 posted:

If you have not gotten payment to me, please do as soon as possible. See everyone Sunday!

Sent.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Because I could not help myself, got in a small break of 13-14 Crown Royale tonight. Walked away with an Alex Chaisson Silhouette prime /99 and a random Ducks jersey. Not bad :haw:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Wow, Titanium Basketball came out for retail and you get 2 jerseys per $20 blaster. Meanwhile you get a jersey maybe 1:10 Titanium hockey retail tins for the same price. Panini :psyduck:

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Boinks posted:

Wow, Titanium Basketball came out for retail and you get 2 jerseys per $20 blaster. Meanwhile you get a jersey maybe 1:10 Titanium hockey retail tins for the same price. Panini :psyduck:

I got a jersey, jersey autograph, and private signings (one hit per) out of three separate tins. Panini also has exclusive rights to basketball, which might explain their willingness to add jerseys. I doubt they're loaded with Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin swatches though, mostly just those from a weak rookie class.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I really hope panini makes a gigantic product loaded with every sticker and jersey they have at the end of the year since they won't have the license anymore. Or that there's something where you get a bunch more hits than originally planned.

I honestly haven't bought anything Upper Deck since Panini came along. Not looking forward to what they have to offer.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Heaf posted:

I got a jersey, jersey autograph, and private signings (one hit per) out of three separate tins. Panini also has exclusive rights to basketball, which might explain their willingness to add jerseys. I doubt they're loaded with Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin swatches though, mostly just those from a weak rookie class.

Wow you got lucky, I bought 2 tins and didn't get squat. I've only seen one other hit from 3-4 other breaks online too.

Yep it's just rookie jerseys, and no autographs at all.

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ

Schremp Howard posted:

I really hope panini makes a gigantic product loaded with every sticker and jersey they have at the end of the year since they won't have the license anymore. Or that there's something where you get a bunch more hits than originally planned.

I honestly haven't bought anything Upper Deck since Panini came along. Not looking forward to what they have to offer.

Topps did this with 08-09 signatures in basketball when Panini got the rights. There were two guys whose autographed sticker cards were numbered to 8000

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

They should probably use their surplus of stickers to fill their outstanding redemptions :mad:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

lloyol posted:

There were two guys whose autographed sticker cards were numbered to 8000

Somewhere I have a hard auto from some random dude in a Russian jersey that's on a hand-numbered card into the 11,000-12,000 range.

I imagine that was some poor summer intern's entire experience at Upper Deck.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Those cards are tempting me to open them. I want to :(. Is it Sunday yet?

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

♫ It's Sunday... in my heart. ♫

...I also desire for box breaking to commence. I have high hopes for memorabilia and autographs to line my shiny new binders (or maybe at least some weird and funny looking cards like the plethora of hockey players wearing camo jackets I've found in Upper Deck retail so far).

Darius099 fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 13, 2014

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Wow, how was I unaware of the Greg Wyshinski fans of of the game autograph insert card?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I opened some Crown Royale today. It is fun stuff.

3-color Bourque patch (Bruins) out of 10.
3-color Messier patch (Rangers) out of 10.

Go buy some Crown Royale.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

ElwoodCuse posted:

Wow, how was I unaware of the Greg Wyshinski fans of of the game autograph insert card?

Indeed! They also have autos of Jay and Dan which I want. A lot.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Just pulled a richard panik auto out of select and a matt anderson /99 out of titanium :downs: (oh god i hope the break goes better)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Quantrill posted:

Just pulled a richard panik auto out of select and a matt anderson /99 out of titanium :downs: (oh god i hope the break goes better)

Well, there is a very small chance we could pull one of the shortest printed Crosby rookies in existence, so there is that :haw:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Probably due for an update soon, since I've added some cool stuff lately, but wanted to get my updated Brian Flynn want list up:

13-14 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouette #157 (XX/99)
13-14 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouette Patch #157 (XX/25)

13-14 Dominion Quad Prime (with Miller, Stafford, Hodgson) #Q-BUF (XX/10) ***

13-14 Titanium Rookies - Retail Gold #119 (XX/10)

13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Mirror Gold Patch #210 (X/5)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Platinum Blue Prime #210 (XX/25)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Platinum Gold Patch #210 (XX/10)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Platinum Green Tag #210 (X/5)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Platinum Gold #210 (XX/25)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Mirror Platinum Blue #210 (XX/10)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Mirror Platinum Red #210 (XX/25)

1/1's
13-14 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouette Ruby #157 (1/1)
13-14 Panini Prizm RC Finite Prizm #209 (1/1)
13-14 Panini Select RC Jersey Prism Black Tag Autograph (1/1) #202
13-14 Dominion Quad Tags (with Miller, Stafford, Hodgson) #Q-BUF (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Black #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Black #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Cyan #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Magenta #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Yellow #139 (1/1)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Mirror Platinum Green Tag #210 (1/1)

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

sba posted:

Probably due for an update soon, since I've added some cool stuff lately, but wanted to get my updated Brian Flynn want list up:

13-14 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouette #157 (XX/99)
13-14 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouette Patch #157 (XX/25)

13-14 Dominion Quad Prime (with Miller, Stafford, Hodgson) #Q-BUF (XX/10) ***

13-14 Titanium Rookies - Retail Gold #119 (XX/10)

13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Mirror Gold Patch #210 (X/5)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Platinum Blue Prime #210 (XX/25)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Platinum Gold Patch #210 (XX/10)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Platinum Green Tag #210 (X/5)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Platinum Gold #210 (XX/25)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Mirror Platinum Blue #210 (XX/10)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Mirror Platinum Red #210 (XX/25)

1/1's
13-14 Crown Royale Rookie Silhouette Ruby #157 (1/1)
13-14 Panini Prizm RC Finite Prizm #209 (1/1)
13-14 Panini Select RC Jersey Prism Black Tag Autograph (1/1) #202
13-14 Dominion Quad Tags (with Miller, Stafford, Hodgson) #Q-BUF (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Black #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Black #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Cyan #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Magenta #139 (1/1)
13-14 Dominion Rookie Patch Autograph Printing Plate Yellow #139 (1/1)
13-14 Totally Certified Rookie Autograph Mirror Platinum Green Tag #210 (1/1)

I was going to pick up the Sabres in tonight's CR case break, but someone else took them first :( Oh well, I will have to pin my hopes on the Quack Pack and their absurd 7 rookie silhouettes :catstare: .

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

I was going to pick up the Sabres in tonight's CR case break, but someone else took them first :( Oh well, I will have to pin my hopes on the Quack Pack and their absurd 7 rookie silhouettes :catstare: .

Where are you breaking tonight dwolf?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Where are you breaking tonight dwolf?

STL (http://breakers.tv/stlsportscards if anyone wants to watch) He is doing a team pick, but Dallas is already gone. If you do decide to get in and get something I really want, I do still have an Alex Chaisson silhouette from last break I don't think he has mailed yet. But it would have to be something that really interests me because that card is pretty awesome :haw: Also, did you get my email?

WTF with the Coyotes sucking in this product. They are only $15 and even I won't buy them. What am I going to do, pull a Chris Brown sil or a blank Yandle or Doan jersey? So pissed they decided not to put Connor Murphy in this.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

STL (http://breakers.tv/stlsportscards if anyone wants to watch) He is doing a team pick, but Dallas is already gone. If you do decide to get in and get something I really want, I do still have an Alex Chaisson silhouette from last break I don't think he has mailed yet. But it would have to be something that really interests me because that card is pretty awesome :haw: Also, did you get my email?

WTF with the Coyotes sucking in this product. They are only $15 and even I won't buy them. What am I going to do, pull a Chris Brown sil or a blank Yandle or Doan jersey? So pissed they decided not to put Connor Murphy in this.

Theres a rundblad!!!

Sent you payment a few mins ago.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Theres a rundblad!!!

Sent you payment a few mins ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201047057521?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 :(

Also, I see that now, serves me right for not checking my email :haw:

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

Haha I know, I keep checking to see if you've let it go yet. Anything decent offer wise?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm looking at moving my lehtonen collection of cards. Eek .

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

Haha I know, I keep checking to see if you've let it go yet. Anything decent offer wise?

If it makes you feel any better, I'm looking at moving my lehtonen collection of cards. Eek .

No offers and noooooooooooooooooooo, why?

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

No offers and noooooooooooooooooooo, why?

The prices are becoming unbelievable for stuff. And people who I know have cards I need are sitting on them expecting me to pay 50% more then I would.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

darkwolf220 posted:

Why does Igor Bobkov have a Silhouette? He's not that good! The rest are quality though.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

The prices are becoming unbelievable for stuff. And people who I know have cards I need are sitting on them expecting me to pay 50% more then I would.

You mean you won't pay me $50 for a truckload of Lehtonen Donruss, Pinnacle and Series 1 base? drat.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

darkwolf220 posted:

You mean you won't pay me $50 for a truckload of Lehtonen Donruss, Pinnacle and Series 1 base? drat.

If you had a truckload of it I definitely would...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Ashekaban posted:

If you had a truckload of it I definitely would...

It is a Tonka truck.

• Locked thread