Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
So there is a new patch for RS/RO2 announced. Lots of changes and stuff

Betio new RS map
Campaign mode released at last
Russian + Jap new weapon
Many other tweaks

Check for yourself : http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=95378
Looks like it's a mod team that will bring the first transport vehicle to RO2 god knows how many time after the game release :v:

Does anyone even play this game still?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I actually logged in for the first time in a few months last night. There are still people playing it, but nowhere near how it was during beta/early release. There was one full (but only 48 players) server in the US, and a full 32 in the UK. All of the other big servers were stark empty. There were a few passworded servers with 3-4 people on them, but those had horrible 400+ pings, so I don't know what that was all about, bots maybe?

I wouldn't say that its dead, but its definitely down to that hardcore skeleton crew niche group of players. I wonder what it looks like at off-peak times; probably completely dead.

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

SERPUS posted:

I actually logged in for the first time in a few months last night. There are still people playing it, but nowhere near how it was during beta/early release. There was one full (but only 48 players) server in the US, and a full 32 in the UK. All of the other big servers were stark empty. There were a few passworded servers with 3-4 people on them, but those had horrible 400+ pings, so I don't know what that was all about, bots maybe?

I wouldn't say that its dead, but its definitely down to that hardcore skeleton crew niche group of players. I wonder what it looks like at off-peak times; probably completely dead.

Really? I play it pretty regularly during prime time EST, and there are usually at least 3-4 full 64-man servers, a couple 64-man servers with 1-4 openings, and a smattering of smaller servers. I've never had a problem finding a server with lots of players on it. I'm playing realism, though, so maybe if you prefer classic maybe the situation is different.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!

SERPUS posted:

Yeah, this is incorrect. It's not even EU or US primetime, and gametracker.com shows 8 servers with over 40 people playing at the moment, out of which four are full including two TWB-servers that don't use bots from what I know:

https://www.gametracker.com/search/ro2/?sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC

It's been said before, but it looks like the EU community is better off, thanks to a few russian 64-player servers that are full on a regular basis.

So is the new content patch already out? Haven't seen anything new downloading on Steam for the non-beta client.

Edit: D'oh, I'm in the Rising Storm-thread. 6 out of those 8 are RO2-servers. My bad!

gimpfarfar fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 24, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Content update trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu4M_cEuvaQ

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Is there any goon community for this game?

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

ATTENTION! This game is now on Steam sale for five bucks, totally worth it! Tons more fun than the base RO2 and lots to love.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

A friend talked me into buying it about a week ago and it is pretty great. Defending against and conducting mass banzai charges is a lot of fun, as is shooting wildly into the jungle because you thought you saw a bush move. I hated RO2 after coming off of how much I loved RO1 but so far I'm really enjoying Rising Storm.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, this game is amazing and it's sad that RO2 made it so unpopular by infamy.

Banzai charging will never get old.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Stopping a final 15+ man banzi charge on the last point while the timer is 30 seconds away with a flamethrower is one of the most amazing things.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I could do with a revitalizing patch, with new maps and or ideas. I have defended Iwo Jima for ages.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Any of the maps on steam works worth a drat?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Mans posted:

Banzai charging will never get old.

Yes it will. It only has a few applications and is a major noob magnet.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm sorry that you're so wrong. Chopping people with katanas is great fun.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mans posted:

I'm sorry that you're so wrong. Chopping people with katanas is great fun.

Sure, but trying to get pubbies organized to do a not-worthless Banzai charge is like herding cats.

Rhandhali
Sep 7, 2003

This is Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone...
Grimey Drawer
Let's try to get a game together tonight, say on one of the TWB servers?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I've just started replaying this game, and for some reason some servers give me this 'Speed Hack Detected' text message, locking me in place or even pushing me out of cover sometimes. Going into the server my ping is at like 50 or so, and then it just spikes heavily.

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this yet? Or should I just get a better fisher price internet connection?

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Thump! posted:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but I've just started replaying this game, and for some reason some servers give me this 'Speed Hack Detected' text message, locking me in place or even pushing me out of cover sometimes. Going into the server my ping is at like 50 or so, and then it just spikes heavily.

Has anyone figured out a way to fix this yet? Or should I just get a better fisher price internet connection?

I think that happens from packet loss. Pretty annoying, isn't it?

Try different servers. I don't think there are any settings to be changed, but maybe someone else knows better.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

An Enormous Boner posted:

I think that happens from packet loss. Pretty annoying, isn't it?

Try different servers. I don't think there are any settings to be changed, but maybe someone else knows better.

Yeah, just got done with a couple maps on the 2nd Fallschimjaeger server with no issues. Some servers are just funky I guess v:buddy:v

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

I can't seem to actually play any games because when I select a class and hit play I get auto-kicked because reasons.

I was able to play a game before this, but when the server changed maps this started happening. I tried 3 different servers with the same result. I was just starting to get in the mood for RS/RO2 as well

EDIT- apparently Punk buster A deleted itself somehow.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 3, 2014

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So I bought RO2 ages ago when it first came out.

What 'pack' and I supposed to be picking on the RS page to get it cheapest?

I see they have a sort of free to play if you own RO2, but its limited to rifleman only?

If I buy the digital upgrade will that give me the full RS experience?

Help Goons!

Edit: Not that it matters since the Steam servers seem to be taking a massive dump

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 3, 2014

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Thump! posted:

Yeah, just got done with a couple maps on the 2nd Fallschimjaeger server with no issues. Some servers are just funky I guess v:buddy:v

I love that "SPEED HACK DETECTED" thing. Its been with the Unreal engines since Unreal Tournament 2003.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

Some people were complaining about how there were only like 2 full servers, but I found that most people are playing the campaign game mode which doesn't show up for me on the server browser unless I search for it specifically for some stupid reason. There were about 4 full 64 games of it just in my recently played list last night.

With good American ping I mean, Europe is apparently fine in regards to players.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 3, 2014

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Anyone have issues where you constantly get the game to stop working when changing maps? I have tried a couple fixes that i've seen on the steam forums and it still happens every time a map changes.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

What happens? Does the game crash or does it kick you to the main menu? I had it kicking me to the main menu last night because punk buster A deleted itself for reasons I still do not know.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
I get rogame.exe has stopped working. The only thing I can think of is I have 32 bit windows but I played RO2 when it came out with 32bit and it worked fine. I have more than the recommended settings too as far as that goes. It only happens when changing maps. Nothing I've seen on tripwire or steam forums has helped.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
I have played this game more than I would dare admit on here. If you message your steam name ill friend you. Although I might not play until the steam sale players learn their thing.

Nothing like getting killed by a friendly sniper when you are wearing a Japanese bandanna and using knee mortars behind the front line.

I have only seen 3 hackers in the game which is incredibly small in my opinion. One had auto-aim and could just fire his gun and it would kill someone and face them instantly at the same time. The other two had a different kinds of auto aim where if you fired at them from behind, they would turn a 180 around instantly (if not dead already). You will see people who can do stuff like that regularly but if its a hack, you won't even see them turn really. They are just there.

I only say that because it is a very hard game to start multiplayer on at first. It is really hard. But after a few matches, then hours, then days, you will be a vital part to any team.

Enjoy! Have fun! Stay/Get in the loving cap!

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Can go ahead and friend me. I'm playing just about every night on the 2nd fallschirmjager server now.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/archranger/

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Nothing like getting killed by a friendly sniper when you are wearing a Japanese bandanna and using knee mortars behind the front line.

This was actually improved over the first Red Orchestra, where the majority of casualties were due to friendly fire and caping an objective was frenzied dance of dodging grenades coming from both sides!

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Any decent new mods coming out soon?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Will these mods be full price as well?

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=98387 Apparently they added transports in beta.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this game still popular? It's a shame it was released after RO2.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Mans posted:

Is this game still popular? It's a shame it was released after RO2.

Depends on what you mean by popular. The only thing that really should matter is is it still easy to find full servers? And the answer to that is yes.

If you want actual numbers then take a look at this

http://steamcharts.com/app/35450

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUlhkac13SE

edit: I just realized I posted this in the thread already, way back when I made it. Which is weird because I just watched it again this morning and then it turns out people had revived this thread so I was like "hey let's post this video" but like... I did that last time I posted in here...

TychoCelchuuu fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 12, 2014

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dear God Red Orchestra has a Search and Destroy game-mode

Oh dear me hahahahahahahahaha when did this poo poo happen?

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

Mans posted:

Dear God Red Orchestra has a Search and Destroy game-mode

Oh dear me hahahahahahahahaha when did this poo poo happen?

What does that even mean? I've played a few times over the last two weeks, and I haven't seen such a thing.

Rubber Slug
Aug 7, 2010

THE BLUE DEMON RIDES AGAIN

What the gently caress are they thinking, Red Orchestra is no place for vehicles.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neorxenawang posted:

What does that even mean? I've played a few times over the last two weeks, and I haven't seen such a thing.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=97787

It's the counter strike mode where teams with no re spawn have to either plant a bomb or defuse it.

The lack of inspiring ideas coming from Tripwire is just depressing and is a terrible sign for the fate of KF2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

I thought S&D was a mode made by some modders for unranked servers and tripwire are only making it "official" since some people like it.

• Locked thread