Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Kalli posted:

She seems more like an Aaron or Raj level incompetent. There to totally sink their team, provide quality drama, and get ejected once the boring and incompetent people are gone (so like 3rd service).

Come to think of it, I've never witnessed a female in that role. Usually the first woman out, besides the obviously incompetent, is the quiet one who seem competent and then totally bombs the 3rd service (Amanda Season 9, Briana, Season 10).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

liltimshady posted:

Come to think of it, I've never witnessed a female in that role. Usually the first woman out, besides the obviously incompetent, is the quiet one who seem competent and then totally bombs the 3rd service (Amanda Season 9, Briana, Season 10).

What about Gina from last season?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

deadicons posted:

What about Gina from last season?

She was loud and got an attitude before the first challenge.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

She seems more like an Aaron or Raj level incompetent. There to totally sink their team, provide quality drama, and get ejected once the boring and incompetent people are gone (so like 3rd service).

The producers knew from the get go Nicole would be a major drama problem. A introvert fresh culinary school graduate? Yeah, she's going to be the center of the storm.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Shitenshi posted:

"A devastating injury that could take one of the contestants our permanently."

Oh Jesus, one of the girls gets on her period.

Wasn't it with squeaky-voiced Mary that they got " :siren: :byodame: HELL'S KITCHEN PREGNANCY :byodood: :siren:" out of "A few days late"?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I could swear the Richard dude from Chicago with the mustache was on that Chef Wanted show with Anne Burrell.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Beef Hardcheese posted:

Wasn't it with squeaky-voiced Mary that they got " :siren: :byodame: HELL'S KITCHEN PREGNANCY :byodood: :siren:" out of "A few days late"?

Oh goddammit. God drat you. :argh: I was just about to go to bed and now I have that voice in my head.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So uhhh... does guided highly vocal audience count as insane edit?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I really like how Ramsay seems to think that adding a bunch of black pepper to something makes it a 'vindaloo'.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Oh yes, I can definitely see Ramsay turning into a big teddy bear this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-1dYeY2A5Y

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Writer Cath posted:

Oh yes, I can definitely see Ramsay turning into a big teddy bear this season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-1dYeY2A5Y

That was such a fantastic loving episode.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Just caught up courtesy of Youtube. I can see why Gaurav got the boot. He didn't get a single thing right, starting with the signature dish. It was funny seeing him saying "I cleaned my fingers with my tongue!", when anyone with half a brain can tell you that the tongue is easily THE dirtiest part of the human body.

Nicole though :stare:

Zero Star fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 14, 2014

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So do the contestants know what prize they're playing for, because I'm pretty sure both times it was mentioned, they used the exact same ADR line from Ramsey.

And could the opening promo for the season be considered a "misleading promo"?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Zero Star posted:

Just caught up courtesy of Youtube. I can see why Gaurav got the boot. He didn't get a single thing right, starting with the signature dish. It was funny seeing him saying "I cleaned my fingers with my tongue!", when anyone with half a brain can tell you that the tongue is easily THE dirtiest part of the human body.

Nicole though :stare:

If your tongue is generally dirtier than your rear end in a top hat, your life has gone terribly wrong

but yeah I was really surprised he didn't kick him out of the kitchen right here and then when he did that.

I followed the show live with the thread (but couldn't post obviously) but I'll watch it again for the confirm tally so far. Also I couldn't post in the thread so I tweeted my guesses before the start of the show instead, as there is nothing in the rules to indicate that this was not permitted.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Twee as gently caress posted:

but yeah I was really surprised he didn't kick him out of the kitchen right here and then when he did that.

He kept saying "Come on, I know it was a mistake but everybody does it!"

Uhhh no, they don't. Maybe a lazy chef in his own kitchen may do it when nobody is looking, but you're on loving national T.V. dude.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Basebf555 posted:

He kept saying "Come on, I know it was a mistake but everybody does it!"

Uhhh no, they don't. Maybe a lazy chef in his own kitchen may do it when nobody is looking, but you're on loving national T.V. dude.

Yeah that was the weirdest part, even when he was kicked out he kept on doing that whole 'Eeeerrr'body does it' bit. He sounded like one of those guys who has a weird fetish and thinks everyone is secretly into it even though they look at him filled with disgusts whenever he brings it up.

You have to be loving insane if you think that eating food with your own hands is something that happens a lot in kitchens out there, especially 5 stars.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hell's Kitchen just wasn't the right enwirement for him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has anyone done a count of the GET OUTs and CMEREs in that episode yet? I was trying and I had a mild stroke.

I think we're gonna get SHUT IT DOWN every episode until the finale with this bunch.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Maybe it's a cultural thing? In a lot of places in the world, like India, eating with your hands is basically the only way people eat. Utensils aren't usually used when you can get away with eating with your hands.

I doubt this is true in 5-star kitchens, and certainly is something he should know working in North America, but maybe he just kept doing it and nobody ever called him on it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Has anyone done a count of the GET OUTs and CMEREs in that episode yet? I was trying and I had a mild stroke.

I think we're gonna get SHUT IT DOWN every episode until the finale with this bunch.

Postal Parcel posted:

"SHUT! IT! DOOOOWWWWWN!!!!" - ALL SERVICES 20
poo poo, maybe I should've kept "ALL"

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Davros1 posted:

So do the contestants know what prize they're playing for, because I'm pretty sure both times it was mentioned, they used the exact same ADR line from Ramsey.

This was weird, I can only assume that there is no current position known but because Ramsay has so many restaurants and is always opening new ones he can surely find a spot. Even when they said the position was executive chef, the prize has pretty much always been executive sous chef under the existing head chef of the restaurant.

They probably had to agree to relocate anywhere in the country to get the prize though. The real prize is the $250,000 salary, which I thought was contingent on actually taking the job... but Janel got all the money and apparently Holli received an undisclosed amount after her visa issues for the London restaurant.

I would love to see the contracts the contestants sign, the Survivor ones are online somewhere and are pretty interesting.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Man, watching Kitchen Nightmares UK and then something from a later season of the US version is the most depressing thing, because Kitchen Nightmares UK was amazing and there will never be any more of it. :smith:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DStecks posted:

Man, watching Kitchen Nightmares UK and then something from a later season of the US version is the most depressing thing, because Kitchen Nightmares UK was amazing and there will never be any more of it. :smith:

Yeah, his UK shows seemed to be more him doing something he enjoys or believes in. His "Gordon's Great Escape" seemed like a vacation he's always wanted to take, and "Gordon Behind Bars" seemed like a PR project to improve his image or he actually cared given his brother was a repeat prison offender. All his US shows are "AAAAAARRRGH I'M GORDON RAMSAY AND THIS IS SHIIIIIIT!"

However, he makes a ton of money from the US shows and he keeps doing them to finance his US restaurants until they become profitable.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah I'm kind of afraid that even if he does do more Kitchen Nightmare UK episodes they'd end up being more like the US version (i.e., all about the drama).

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

gret posted:

Yeah I'm kind of afraid that even if he does do more Kitchen Nightmare UK episodes they'd end up being more like the US version (i.e., all about the drama).

US season 1 is basically that. It really wasn't until season 2 that the shift from cooking to drama became permanent.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Great episode, they've ramped up the crazy even more. Ambulance footage, first promo... Is that a record?

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot
We all have put finger in food, we all have done it.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

RustyTrombone posted:

We all have put finger in food, we all have done it.

Probably the truth.

But you don't do it in a professional kitchen, much less a fine dining one. You use a tasting spoon, you use a fresh pan, you don't even use extra risotto for the next ticket's order (especially if it's for Ramsay's family.)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I'm up to the signature dishes and I can't tell if Mike is a plant or just legit incompetent and lazy.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My wife and I finally watched this last night. Her response was "I don't like a single person yet."

brendaneph
Apr 14, 2003

Wake_N_Bake posted:

Great episode, they've ramped up the crazy even more. Ambulance footage, first promo... Is that a record?

Nah. In season 9 Jason was medevaced first episode.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
You're forgetting the "I AIN'T NO BITCH" Jersey guy.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

You're forgetting the "I AIN'T NO BITCH" Jersey guy.

That wasn't an ambulance call.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Propaganda Machine posted:

That wasn't an ambulance call.

But it more than likely featured a lovely white coat.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Haha, Anton made his own vanity Wikipedia page and it got deleted :xd:

cycowolf
Feb 14, 2005

Refill my prescription to whatever that thing is that makes the carpet stop turning into snakes in lieu of my coming conniption

Mordiceius posted:

My wife and I finally watched this last night. Her response was "I don't like a single person yet."

Your wife and I agree. I really hate them all. There is usually one or two that I think maybe. Not this time. It's wonderful.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

cycowolf posted:

Your wife and I agree. I really hate them all. There is usually one or two that I think maybe. Not this time. It's wonderful.

She latched onto Ja'nel immediately last season, but this season she hates everyone.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Is there a copy of s12e01 available somewhere? I didn't get to watch it when it aired and I'd like to catch up for this week.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Someone will usually upload it on youtube. Maybe check there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Did we ever get a final game count on this ep?