Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

sentientcarbon posted:

Beautiful. It's like the Onion and the SCP project had a baby.

The one with the duplicates freaked me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
I like the one that just goes into outer space

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The first one I got was the screaming, it scared the poo poo out of me :stare:

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Blood blood, blood blood blood

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nadir posted:

Oh my God:

http://www.theonion.com/video/new-marijuana-study-says-everyone-knows-youre-high,35386/

The beauty of this video is that you need to rewatch it 4-5 times. Different stuff happens each time and it's loving perfect

Here's them all:

clones
snake
screams
eternity
pause
ghost
stars
blood

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I like how the screaming one is basically "gently caress you if you're using headphones."

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
The gimmick pairs so perfectly with the subject material. I'm sort of in awe.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Nadir posted:

Oh my God:

http://www.theonion.com/video/new-marijuana-study-says-everyone-knows-youre-high,35386/

The beauty of this video is that you need to rewatch it 4-5 times. Different stuff happens each time and it's loving perfect

what the gently caress. how many of their videos have alternate endings :psyduck:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I watched it and I got the "clones" one, and I didn't notice the clones at all, so I just thought "that's kind of funny but why would you watch it again?"

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Add "watching all of those right before going to bed" to the list of dumb things I've done.

THE BLOOD HAS YOU

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Mr. Cool rear end posted:

I watched it and I got the "clones" one, and I didn't notice the clones at all, so I just thought "that's kind of funny but why would you watch it again?"

Man, I couldn't stop staring at them. This is a small phobia I have after reading some scary story about this when I was a kid. Faces in windows and duplicates...

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.
BREAKING: Imperial Inspector To Arrive By Railcar This Very Afternoon

I always enjoy these articles where it feels like the writer just wants to mess around with a weird style.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

The "screamer" gag is as old and tired as the Internet itself, but it managed to get me this time. The blood and clones were equally as great. Huge kudos to the actors for pulling off such a bizarre concept.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Open Relationship Gives Couple Freedom To Emotionally Drain Other People From Time To Time The last line. :allears:

I think "Blood" was my favorite one of those videos. Second one I saw after the normal one.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

pitlo posted:

BREAKING: Imperial Inspector To Arrive By Railcar This Very Afternoon

I always enjoy these articles where it feels like the writer just wants to mess around with a weird style.

:allears:

I love when the Onion gets whimsical.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

From the "newswire":

Boxing Glove, Spring Carefully Loaded Into Time Capsule

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Brief Moment Of Lucidity Called Panic Attack

They finally got around to publishing the article on me.

I love these quick, simple gags :allears:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It’s Sad Seeing How Much My Hometown Has Changed Since That Level 7 Nuclear Accident

It's such a perfect pisstake of all those op-ed pieces that wax nostalgic.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Area Mother Doesn’t See Why Thai People Need To Make Food So Spicy

mom no!

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Only 20 Minutes Until Introverted Man Gets To Leave Party.

Yeah...

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Somehow my (Swedish) boss became Tin Danner SXSW As Cool And As Real As It Gets, Reports Marketing Associate. Apparently one of his friends sold some stock photos or something.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I love how Obama is the drone president now.

Obama Spends Afternoon In Garage Restoring Classic Drone

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Singing Dancing Boy Upset

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
In that vein...

Hip-Hop Man Enjoys Making Musical Rapping Sounds

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Dad from 2150 Can't Get Enough Iraq War Documentaries.

Hits way too close to home. The Onion knows me too well. :tinfoil:

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Pope Insanity MXLV Selected

A Pope one I haven't seen before. I love it when they delve into Lovecraftian horror like this. The Royal Baby ones were fantastic.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nation Demands More Mindblowing Guitar Solos

quote:

“When I turn on the radio, I want to hear a killer solo where the guy just totally shreds it hard,” said 36-year-old Kent, WA resident Michael Pellone, echoing the sentiments of the vast majority of citizens from coast to coast. “I want a solo so fast you can barely see the guy’s fingers moving—where the guy’s up on stage, one foot on top of a speaker, and just going nuts all over the guitar. That’s what I want.”
According to thousands of amped-up sources nationwide, a guitar solo in which the guy bends the strings really far while leaning his head back and grimacing is currently a top national priority. Additionally, citizens from all 50 states emphasized the importance of the guitarist running all over the stage, jumping off an amplifier, and then sliding on his knees through the lead singer’s legs while rocking out hard the entire time.
:rock:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Crimean Voters Excited To Exercise Democracy For Last Time

Not so funny :mad:

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Has there ever been an Onion article that was just straight-up a true news story? It would be hysterical if they reported on something some crazy Republican guy said and it was 100% true.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Mog posted:

Has there ever been an Onion article that was just straight-up a true news story? It would be hysterical if they reported on something some crazy Republican guy said and it was 100% true.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bush-our-long-national-nightmare-of-peace-and-pros,464/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011

Holy loving gently caress. This is seriously Pulitzer worthy.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

There was also a time where they ran a story about how there hadn't been a mass shooting for over a week. Literally the next day someone killed a former co-worker outside the Empire State Building. Note the update on the article.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
Report: The leading cause of death in the US is god needing another angel

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vacationing Woman Thinks Cats Miss Her

quote:

"I just dump some Purina in the bowl, and I'm gone," Pullman said. "And do the cats give a poo poo? No, they do not. Why? Because they're cats."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Study: Slapping Everyone In Grocery Store, Exposing Yourself In Produce Section Still Frowned Upon By Society

The video accompanying this one is among their best.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Captain Mog posted:

Muscleman Put In Charge of World's Fifth-Largest Economy

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

When I saw that headline I was thinking "PLEASE let there be a video."

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
You Can Only Masturbate To Italian Chef Sculptures Outside Of Pizza Places For So Long Before Wanting The Real Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Captain Mog posted:

Another Bush one but far, far more prescient: http://www.theonion.com/articles/bush-on-north-korea-we-must-invade-iraq,11/