Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Antimage is one of the most fun heroes in the game, right up there with furion, terrorblade, phantom lancer, and spectre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

how me a frog posted:

Glados ward, "Free to play" camera ward, ward fish, literally eye of Sauron, weathervane ward, polycount logo ward, lovely tower with random stars and the usual eye floating over it, little eye wearing storm spirit clothes hue hue hue.

Cartoon mushroom man, not one but two versions of the "lovely wizard", lovely robot/bear/beetle hybrid with goggles "Maximilian the Beetlebear", a loving snail with a boot of travel tied to it's head (LOOOOL!!!!!11), two christmas elves carrying around a chest, tinkbot, baby chocobo, dachshund with a saussage dangling in front of him from a stick, chicken with a rucksack, some sort of purple man with a stick, a beaver in racing clothes riding a log made to look like a motorbike, a pig riding on a dwarf's back, an inexplicable red man in a hat, a baby octopus pirate with a hilarious tentacle moustache, a flying film camera. And these are just that the ones that are in my opinion completely indefensible, there's plenty more that are (only) offensive visually.

Anyone who talks poo poo about Waldi the Faithful is dead to me.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
Wasn't the original courier a chicken? Therefore Cluckles is legit.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

gangnam reference posted:

Antimage is one of the most fun heroes in the game, right up there with furion, terrorblade, phantom lancer, and spectre.
AM pickers tend to be really bad.

"I saw this work in TI2, I am basically like XBOCT in that I am physically unattractive, so we're set!"

*killed numerous times like a loving idiot*

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

how me a frog posted:

Glados ward, "Free to play" camera ward, ward fish, literally eye of Sauron, weathervane ward, polycount logo ward, lovely tower with random stars and the usual eye floating over it, little eye wearing storm spirit clothes hue hue hue.

Cartoon mushroom man, not one but two versions of the "lovely wizard", lovely robot/bear/beetle hybrid with goggles "Maximilian the Beetlebear", a loving snail with a boot of travel tied to it's head (LOOOOL!!!!!11), two christmas elves carrying around a chest, tinkbot, baby chocobo, dachshund with a saussage dangling in front of him from a stick, chicken with a rucksack, some sort of purple man with a stick, a beaver in racing clothes riding a log made to look like a motorbike, a pig riding on a dwarf's back, an inexplicable red man in a hat, a baby octopus pirate with a hilarious tentacle moustache, a flying film camera. And these are just that the ones that are in my opinion completely indefensible, there's plenty more that are (only) offensive visually.

It sounds like you're really against anti-fun and toxic game additions

But yeah, we wouldn't want any silly couriers in our serious games of dotes. Just look at the heroes. No laughing matter there. They never make puns or have ridiculous punishes such as being a pigman or a fishman or a goblin riding on an ogre

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

how me a frog posted:

Maybe just list the ones you like.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Spectre is fun as gently caress if you go Drum/Diffusal and you're actually active though. Quit being a Radiance nerd.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

RisqueBarber posted:

Maybe just list the ones you like.

Donkey. Ward covered in eyes.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Frankly the idea of a donkey having wings is completely indefensible.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Firebatgyro posted:

Get better and win those 1-2 you lost for real reasons. You are winning just as many games because of the other team having a troll that you are losing because of your team having a troll.

Assuming that there's an even shot for a troll to end up in any player slot, there is a 4/9 chance that they end up on your team and a 5/9 chance they end up on the other team. Being good enough to win half of your games means that you will slowly go up just due to a troll being on the other team :v:

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Funny that he's a huge virgin:

"But I hadn't spawned yet!"

Slark confirmed for teen goon.

:rip:

Here Lies Slark,
He Never Scored

jBrereton posted:

"I saw this work in TI2, I am basically like XBOCT in that I am physically unattractive, so we're set!"

Someone post Black^.jpg, that guy's face is unfortunate.

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

how me a frog posted:

up to the elves parachute account spotted.

Start always playing support so that you can only see the standard ones. (Alt. I'm pretty sure you can alter the files so that all of the custom poo poo isn't in the game for just you but gently caress you)

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The only thing that bothers me about custom wards is that I have like 12 of them because that's all I ever get out of my level up presents.

jBrereton posted:

I notice it with anyone who slams captain then takes a hero for themselves. It'll almost always be a hard carry or something that takes a little bit of skill to play. For instance, I had a captain who banned and picked quite well, giving us a DP, picking up Ogre Magi for me, but then he insisted on taking Mirana. Queue him feeding like 5 deaths because he would use his leap to leap into Slark for... reasons unknown. Never landed an arrow, never ulted, blamed us all for losing.

I mean the DP on our team goes 20/0/20 and I go like 6/6/38 and we win but that dude complained the entire time which made it insufferable.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Zwiftef posted:

Start always playing support so that you can only see the standard ones.

I have always played exclusively support.

edit:

This is what you are defending.

This is fine for you. But heaven forbid someone puts cat ears on drow.

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 21, 2014

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
How can you hate fancy couriers and wards, what's wrong with you?

The way I see it, it's like music while driving. If you're driving, you control the music. If you don't like the music, better start driving.

If you don't like other couriers and wards, then you better play support.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Music distracts me while I'm drving so I'd rather not listen to music at all while driving.

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Meat Recital posted:

Music distracts me while I'm drving so I'd rather not listen to music at all while driving.

The only solution is to never buy couriers or wards, and instantly flame everyone who does.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

AM is the only carry I feel confident on since I learned about his strengths and weaknesses when it came to farming during the game. I am loving horrid when it comes to the fighting other mans part but I am confident in my ability to farm a quick Battlefury and then farm super fast through out the map after.

Granted I play in Aussie Dota so no one ever ganks me... :v:

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
If you aren't waking up at 5am on a Saturday morning to play Dota what the gently caress are you doing with your weekend son?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

how me a frog posted:

Then why even moan about this thing you are largely in charge of yourself, jesus christ.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I got my poo poo pushed in as offlane Sand King last night. Enemy team didn't pick until a split second was left, they went Centaur, Witch Doctor, and Lina for their bot lane, proceeded to say no you don't to me when I tried to sandstorm under my tower. Honestly made a few bad plays and learned a lot. I wanted to ward their creep camp but didn't succeed in my attempt.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
"I don't buy Wards or Courier because they look stupid" would be some sort of super meta-next-level troll of the highest order. You won't know whether they're not buying them becuase they're bad and it's an excuse, or because they want the farm and they don't want to buy them so they invent the reason that is in itself also made up and aaaaaaaaaaah- :psypop:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

If hats and custom wards/couriers is such a loving anathema, there is a solution, use it, and shut the hell up, christ on a cracker.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

jBrereton posted:

Then why even moan about this thing you are largely in charge of yourself, jesus christ.

Because the enemy team has wards and couriers too, sometimes there are two supports and the other will pick up courier/wards before you can, and the pool of drops that I'd be interested in is completely rank with poo poo that clashes with the overal art style or is just ludicrous.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

How often do you seriously have time to look at the enemy courier anyways, outside of being one of those NPs that patiently waits for it to go mid before its upgraded.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Someone just keeps feeding the courier into the enemy team "IT WAS DISTRACTING ME!"

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Srice posted:

How often do you seriously have time to look at the enemy courier anyways.

I often berate the enemy team's supports on their choice of wards and courier. Ward wars go beyond dewarding; you have to get into their heads man

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Guys, I think it's time to recommend the final solution. If custom wards and couriers are such a bane on your very existence, I suggest immediate suicide.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Srice posted:

How often do you seriously have time to look at the enemy courier anyways, outside of being one of those NPs that patiently waits for it to go mid before its upgraded.

Every single time I see that white dot on the map I put my camera there to see what courier they have. I love looking at all possible couriers. There are so many good ones.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

scaterry posted:

I often berate the enemy team's supports on their choice of wards and courier.

I do the opposite, I have actually apologized for killing a pretty ward (like the observatory one). :shobon:

Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

how me a frog posted:

edit:

This is what you are defending.

This is fine for you. But heaven forbid someone puts cat ears on drow.

My drow has cat ears

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

how me a frog posted:

Because the enemy team has wards and couriers too, sometimes there are two supports and the other will pick up courier/wards before you can
Heaven forfend.

quote:

and the pool of drops that I'd be interested in is completely rank with poo poo that clashes with the overal art style or is just ludicrous.
Just sell them then you bitch idiot.

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

lookit the anime princess

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Srice posted:

It tends to move around the map a lot, you know? Do you have the camera permanently centered on your own hero or what?

I don't understand what the upset is. Everyone is constantly complaining about the lack of quality control and tournamens somehow fast tracking poo poo items into the game, but I mention that some wards and couriers are godawful and suddenly it's a mad house in here.

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 21, 2014

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

how me a frog posted:

It tends to move around the map a lot, you know? Do you have the camera permanently centered on your own hero or what?

I know that the courier is there, it's just that if I see it I focus on killing it and not what sort of courier it is!

Also, Justin Beaver unironically owns :q:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I play in cinematic mode so I'm never distracted by anything other than what's right in front of my hero.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's nothing I hate more then countering an enemy's ward spot and seeing a Spell Ward up there. Holy Christ I will rage out of the game if I see a Spell Ward. MY IMMERSION

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Doltos posted:

There's nothing I hate more then countering an enemy's ward spot and seeing a Spell Ward up there. Holy Christ I will rage out of the game if I see a Spell Ward. MY IMMERSION

The MLG ward is what gets my goat. Seeing that monstrocity on my ward spot, MY WARD SPOT, makes me ram in my mouse button to plant the righteous fury of my attacks into that thing.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

how me a frog posted:

It also tends to move around hidden. Most people don't let their couriers be seen because those poor cute, defenseless creatures tend to get murdered.

Look at that little face!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

how me a frog posted:

I mention that some wards and couriers are godawful

why it's almost as if opinions on cosmetics are subjective and what you think are "godawful" are other posters' favorite couriers and wards! holy poo poo !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Inspector_666 posted:

By far the best pun in the game is when Shadow Shaman gets a last hit and goes "A poultry sum!"

Sounds like someone forgot Ogre!

• Locked thread