Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

zoux posted:

At the end when Beth is drinking by herself in the kitchen, she does the same kind of belching pronouncation that Rick does all the time.
In "Raising Gazorpazorp" I notice a couple times when Morty slips into Rick's cadence and speech mannerisms like calling people "buddy" and such :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I totally, 100-percent thought the "joke" of the Fake Doors commercial was going to be that the pitchman wouldn't be able to get out of the store at the end of the ad. (Because he can't tell which door is the real exit.)

And then he just fuckin' walked off to his car.

There wasn't even a door. There wasn't even a wall. It was a sound stage.

I nearly lost my goddamn mind.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I like that you hear them losing it at the end of some of the bits, similar to when the actors crack up on SNL: it's kind of infectious when you know the people making the show are having fun.

I also felt like it was a play on the meta-joke of Rick obviously making up or mispronouncing various inventions and concepts he uses. So much sci-fi has to be thought-out that I don't get tired of the show constantly pointing out that everything is made up as one of the running gags. :techno:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Max22 posted:

I totally, 100-percent thought the "joke" of the Fake Doors commercial was going to be that the pitchman wouldn't be able to get out of the store at the end of the ad. (Because he can't tell which door is the real exit.)

WHAT?

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Hazo posted:

In "Raising Gazorpazorp" I notice a couple times when Morty slips into Rick's cadence and speech mannerisms like calling people "buddy" and such :tinfoil:

Speaking of Raising Gazorpazorp, I love Morty Jr's rant as he runs away from home.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:golfclap:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Max22 posted:

To be honest, I half-expected it to end with the fake doors guy being unable to open the door to his house.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Rick being delighted by the fakedoors ad continuing might be my favorite part of the bit.

And then how quickly that joy turns to boredom.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Fancy Hat! posted:

Rick being delighted by the fakedoors ad continuing might be my favorite part of the bit.

And then how quickly that joy turns to boredom.

Morty thinking there might be something more to it, and then realizing there wasn't was pretty good.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
What a bummer that Beth felt depressed that the life she missed out was that of a human surgeon who lived in isolation as an alcoholic.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Mutation posted:

What a bummer that Beth felt depressed that the life she missed out was that of a human surgeon who lived in isolation as an alcoholic.

To be fair, she was good enough to win a Nobel Prize for some reason.

But on the other hand, those birds.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Schnedwob posted:

To be fair, she was good enough to win a Nobel Prize for some reason.

But on the other hand, those birds.

You did it Beth, you really nailed it! *burp* You're a surgeon, a human surgeon Yay you win!

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Mar 22, 2014

Stormy the Rabbit
Sep 16, 2008

5 more minutes of this and I'm gonna get mad!
Sorry if this has already been posted (I looked but couldn't see it):

Preview from next episode.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
"What is my purpose?"
"You pass butter"
:smith:
"omg"
"Yeah, welcome to the club, pal."

shiffty
Apr 8, 2009
So far the only time I think Morty has called Rick "grandpa" was in Love Potion #9 when Morty is thanking him for the potion. Has anyone noticed it elsewhere?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It just occurred to me that there may be another level of anger about Jerry constantly ribbing Beth that horse surgeons aren't real surgeons: Beth feels that way a little bit too, but it's because she married Jerry and didn't get an abortion that she had to "settle" for being a horse surgeon. So the fact that Jerry is giving her poo poo for not being a real surgeon when she blames him for it makes her extra bitter.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Snak posted:

It just occurred to me that there may be another level of anger about Jerry constantly ribbing Beth that horse surgeons aren't real surgeons: Beth feels that way a little bit too, but it's because she married Jerry and didn't get an abortion that she had to "settle" for being a horse surgeon. So the fact that Jerry is giving her poo poo for not being a real surgeon when she blames him for it makes her extra bitter.

Ironically, it's more difficult and takes longer to be a veterinarian than it does to be a doctor who works on human patients.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

johntfs posted:

Ironically, it's more difficult and takes longer to be a veterinarian than it does to be a doctor who works on human patients.

Well, there are more types of animals than humans. I expect at least a semester per species. Two semesters for elephants.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

Well, there are more types of animals than humans.

But how many of those animals can sue the poo poo out of you for malpractice?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

johntfs posted:

Oh yeah I mean it's not like I think horse surgeons aren't real surgeons. It just seems to be the case in Rick and Morty world...

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I wonder how much ad-libbed stuff ended up on the floor compared to how much made it into the episode?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

thathonkey posted:

They can't, but their owners sure as gently caress can.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

thathonkey posted:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gromit posted:

I wonder how much ad-libbed stuff ended up on the floor compared to how much made it into the episode?

I imagine the season 1 DVDs are gonna be loaded.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

I imagine the season 1 DVDs are gonna be loaded.

Please God Yes.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cacafuego posted:

It seems a few people didn't like these. My question is, what makes these not funny to you and others? The rambling nonsense was the funniest part of it for me. Try not to use a blanket statement like "too much like family guy".

It's the same with shows like ATHF and squidbillies. I'm watching cartoons to have fun and laugh at what I see, not be riveted by plot lines. The random improv is funny sometimes.

The improv-y bits with Rick and Morty batting something back and forth are what make the show great, but if they go on too long the episode kind of unravels. Like the self-aware jokes, too much and it starts to grate.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Oh Cool! is that crystallized Anthenite? it conducts electrons across dimensions" :smugbert:
"20% accurate as usual Morty

Rick is such a bastard

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

"Oh Cool! is that crystallized Anthenite? it conducts electrons across dimensions" :smugbert:
"20% accurate as usual Morty

Rick is such a bastard

On the flip side, it establishes that Morty is definitely learning from his adventures with Rick. Not just moral lessons, but actually picking up knowledge.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Rick's moment of wide-eyed wonder when the fakedoors commercial continued to be a commercial will never stop being hilarious to me.

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

hey you kids, get out of my moat, it was not meant to be played in
Finished the Mr. Meeseeks doll!

I think it came out nicely, way better than the Morty doll I did earlier. I've got it up on etsy if anyone is interested, and am totally willing to do more!

Also I made my dad watch Rixty Minutes and his reaction to Weekend at Dead Cat Lady's House was hilarious

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Planet Piss posted:

Finished the Mr. Meeseeks doll!

I think it came out nicely, way better than the Morty doll I did earlier. I've got it up on etsy if anyone is interested, and am totally willing to do more!

Also I made my dad watch Rixty Minutes and his reaction to Weekend at Dead Cat Lady's House was hilarious

I BOUGHT YOUR MR. MEESEEKS DOLL, LOOK AT ME!

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

Garfu posted:

I BOUGHT YOUR MR. MEESEEKS DOLL, LOOK AT ME!

Thank you so much you cool person you! I'll send it out tomorrow after I get off of work!

And if anyone else is interested in getting one let me know, I'm happy to make more!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That is awesome... Price?

Planet Piss
Dec 18, 2006

I'm charging 40 bux each. I know it sounds a little steep but it takes a good 6-8 hours to make and assemble them. That one was 9 inches, though if you want a smaller one I can lower the price

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Planet Piss posted:

I'm charging 40 bux each. I know it sounds a little steep but it takes a good 6-8 hours to make and assemble them. That one was 9 inches, though if you want a smaller one I can lower the price

I hope you realize the untold amount of torment you're causing them by creating them without a clear purpose

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
$40 seems like a very fair price for something that takes a full day to make.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Buzkashi posted:

I hope you realize the untold amount of torment you're causing them by creating them without a clear purpose

They have a clear purpose - to make him/her money in a creatively satisfying way. Sure, it's kind of a "pass the butter" purpose, but a purpose it is.

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

johntfs posted:

They have a clear purpose - to make him/her money in a creatively satisfying way. Sure, it's kind of a "pass the butter" purpose, but a purpose it is.

Holy poo poo how did you know?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"What is my purpose?"

"To pass butter."

"...oh my god."

"Welcome to the club, pal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver