Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Jeff Goldblum posted:

This has been stated before but Legoon is just a terrible word. It's bad enough you're trying to combine the words "LEGO" and "goon" improperly, but even worse: it comes out looking like "le goon."

Something AFOL, please.

AwFOL.

Edit: For the record, I'm perfectly happy with Legoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Patchwork Shaman posted:

AwFOL.

Edit: For the record, I'm perfectly happy with Legoon.

Do you have stairs in your Apple Tree House?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Goon-go

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Petulant loving manchild?

But really, I'm loving the new Star Wars sets. Can't wait for that advent calendar.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Bought the Monster Hunters mummy chariot set, made for a pretty boring build and a kind of dippy looking vehicle. Needed something else...

Yessss....

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Asphyxious posted:

Bought the Monster Hunters mummy chariot set, made for a pretty boring build and a kind of dippy looking vehicle. Needed something else...

Yessss....

In the future, you must buy two of every set and double up on everything :v:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Eagerly awaiting the Sea Cowtamaran and Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Gabriel Pope posted:

Eagerly awaiting the Sea Cowtamaran and Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship Spaceship.

:drat:

I cannot even imagine how much space that double Sea Cow would take up. Speaking of the Sea Cow, I bought it a while back and here is my review: It's loving sweet. I am kind of miffed that the micromanagers were included as they probably bumped the price up a little but the ship itself is amazing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The micromanagers are a great source of parts. :colbert:

Tons of those L brackets that let you put studs on the sides of bricks.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Asphyxious posted:

Yessss....

[ MOD EDIT: Apparently the below is a Dark Souls spoiler, or so some person told me and I don't care enough to check. ]

You're like this close to accidentally creating the Executioner Chariot from Dark Souls 2:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 24, 2014

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

DrChud posted:

I am kinda looking forward to the Simpsons minifigure set. I'm hoping they have some really neat accessory pieces with them. I've seen a donut so far, it would be awesome if like Itchy or Scratchy comes with a large comical mallet or something. Maybe a paste bottle or a little leprechaun like the panda bear for Ralph. Pretty much guaranteed Lisa will have a sax and Bart a skateboard. It's one series then they go back to normal stuff. Enjoy it.

I wouldn't be opposed to a few smaller car sets, Mr. Plow plow, the Homer, or even the Canyonero.

I wasn't planning on getting any Simpsons Lego but now I realize I need Ralph.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Tescos has some Chima sets marked down by 75% in store. I just picked up the Eagle Interceptor for £7.50 and Speedor Tournament for £5. I heard there was a City Dumptruck or something marked down as well in some stores but didn't see that one in the store I went to.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

DrBouvenstein posted:

You're like this close to accidentally creating the SPOILERTHING

Okay this thread is probably the last place where I expected DaS2 spoilers.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 24, 2014

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Jeff Goldblum posted:

This has been stated before but Legoon is just a terrible word. It's bad enough you're trying to combine the words "LEGO" and "goon" improperly, but even worse: it comes out looking like "le goon."

It's not improper. The word is Lego, not LEGO. All caps is just a marketing gimmick (which you dumbly fell for).

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Okay this thread is probably the last place where I expected DaS2 spoilers.

I don't think a picture of a single boss, one that has featured heavily in a lot of promo material, counts as a spoiler, but...

Plus, I know there's a goon who re-creates Dark Souls scenes in Lego, and I thought their work was in this thread at one point, but it may have only been in the Dark Souls thread.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Well uh...

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Joramun posted:

It's not improper. The word is Lego, not LEGO. All caps is just a marketing gimmick (which you dumbly fell for).

Duly noted, promptly disregarded. I'm not arguing semantics about the official name of a kids' toy, I'm arguing about how cool or dumb our made up names for fans of said kids' toys are. These are the things that make or break a fandom. association of like-minded and mature individuals.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 21, 2014

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Speaking of Monster Hunters, my walmart has four sets put out on clearance. I already have them but if someone wants to pay shipping id be happy to pick them up for you at cost. Got a hearse at $23, werewolf at $9, and two scientist & monster at $25.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

ChesterJT posted:

Speaking of Monster Hunters, my walmart has four sets put out on clearance. I already have them but if someone wants to pay shipping id be happy to pick them up for you at cost. Got a hearse at $23, werewolf at $9, and two scientist & monster at $25.

Those are all great prices, especially the scientist & monster. I don't need them, but you should snap them anyhow.

Walmart is such hit and miss for prices on Lego, but drat sometimes you can find good deals there. It's kind of a good thing I don't live close to any or else I'd be checking them far more often than I like.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Anyone in the Seattle area still looking for movie minifigs, check your nearest Bartell's store. The one in my neighborhood had 5 opened and practically untouched cases just now.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Pretty sure the Legoon/le goon thing was a deliberate ironic play on words. I always thought so, anyway.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i cannot goddamn believe the lego thread made me have to care about dark souls 2

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

Mr. Yuk posted:

Anyone in the Seattle area still looking for movie minifigs, check your nearest Bartell's store. The one in my neighborhood had 5 opened and practically untouched cases just now.

If anyone has a extra Calamity Drone and Velma Staplebot they want to part with, let me know. Its the only two my family needs for the full set...

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Found a mini-bag Batman Tumbler at Target for anyone looking. Pretty weird build, but ends up looking pretty slick, And it's rather hefty for a $4 bag figure.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And if you want to collect black slopes, I don't know of a better source for $4.

I guess you could buy them in bulk on bricklink for less, but the set has other good parts in it too such as a couple of those 2x2 bracket pieces which are always handy.

Plus tires. Everyone loves collecting tires, right?

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Anora posted:

Found a mini-bag Batman Tumbler at Target for anyone looking. Pretty weird build, but ends up looking pretty slick, And it's rather hefty for a $4 bag figure.

Yeah it is a neat lil polybag. Does anyone know if the Batwing jet polybag is in the same line as the Tumbler or maybe a exclusive to a different store?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guy makes machine that tests how long lego bricks last, becomes internet celebrity:

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/03/lego-bricks-still-last-30000-impressions-during-new-and-improved-test/

Too bad the test can't account for teeth marks or natural aging because I know drat well I've never used a single brick 30,000 times and a significant chunk of my pieces from the early 80's barely hold together.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
So I'm currently trying to put together vaguely Titanfall inspired mech suits and I'm trying to figure out something that somewhat evokes the feel of the Atlas's head. I really like the idea of a swively ball eye looking head. I can't seem to figure out something that approximates it though. I looked at those ball and socket things but they seem to large/loose for my purpose. Has any one seen any decent examples of that sort of thing I could crib from? I'm not actually trying to duplicate the Titanfall mechs so just something that comes close to that head would be fine.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

DisposableHero posted:

So I'm currently trying to put together vaguely Titanfall inspired mech suits and I'm trying to figure out something that somewhat evokes the feel of the Atlas's head. I really like the idea of a swively ball eye looking head. I can't seem to figure out something that approximates it though. I looked at those ball and socket things but they seem to large/loose for my purpose. Has any one seen any decent examples of that sort of thing I could crib from? I'm not actually trying to duplicate the Titanfall mechs so just something that comes close to that head would be fine.

What sort of scale are you going for?

Lego Tachikoma generally come up against the same design problem, and it doesn't look like anyone came up with a functional (swiveling) eye in any scale unless they used the large 2x2 ball socket base piece.

There are some small ball pieces (that fit on an axle) you could use the small secondary camera eyes, but I can't really think of a decent solution for the main 'head' of an Atlas.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
I was going for minifig scale where the minifig essentially sits inside a mech torso that just covers the minifig. It sounds like I should reconsider the scale or design though. Maybe a cylinder would work well enough rather than a sphere shape. It'd still have the basic feel.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I figured while I was waiting for a word back from the LEGO company, I'd whip up a MOC spaceship for my Futuron minifig. However, I didn't have enough white pieces so I hybridized Classic and Futuron color schemes. What ensued was a mess of SNOT as my goal suddenly twisted into an attempt to create a ship with a hexagonal hull to match the front plate. I've named it the Doberman, as the real fin resembles upright ears and the fender looks a bit like a mouth.

Don't mind the awful photoshopping

Does anyone have any examples of good compact expandable arms? Those extending wings there were originally going to be robot arms of some kind so the ship could do "maintenance," but I ran out of ideas to shove into such a small spot and just attached some thruster looking pieces, of course they don't really fit in because they don't point in any useful direction unless positioned carefully.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/KRE-O

just go down the page looking at the arms on those. They don't really transform (read: fold out), but they show some ways to make them. That said, if you can get a hold of some ball joints (the Mixels and Chima legend beasts have some great small ones) don't do what the instructions say, and build them ball joint on the limb, put the c-clamp piece on the limb, greatly increases mobility.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

So the Simpsons minifigs have been revealed on the LEGO facebook page:

I think I like Mr. Burns the best, though Abe is a close second. Still I am not sure if I will get any, purely because I am a Space/Castle guy and I don't think any of them will yield useful parts for me.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Surely space needs the inanimate carbon rod?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

mitochondritom posted:

So the Simpsons minifigs have been revealed on the LEGO facebook page:

I think I like Mr. Burns the best, though Abe is a close second. Still I am not sure if I will get any, purely because I am a Space/Castle guy and I don't think any of them will yield useful parts for me.

Want all of them!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ehh, no I'm good.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I liked the house, but not enough to buy it and regret not getting it in the future and as for the minifigures they look better than the figures in the house which is silly except for maggie.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Merchant of Death posted:

I liked the house, but not enough to buy it and regret not getting it in the future and as for the minifigures they look better than the figures in the house which is silly except for maggie.

I think it is obvious they put the "eyes half" shut figs in with the house in order to make more people buy the good looking ones in the blind bags. Smart move I guess.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
No Moe?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Promotes alcoholism. It took forever for a Moe's bar playset to be released in the World Of Springfield line for this reason.