Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Onmi posted:

for as much as people give Hunter poo poo, and he totally deserves it, at the same time he's in many ways more of a proper business man than Vince is. Bryan Alvarez was on WON Radio and talking about how unlike Vince, Hunter is reactive to the net supposedly, and actually does listen and addresses it rather than plugging his ears and ignoring it. which is actually why he calls it out in promos, so yes if you're thinking "Ha Triple H has been reading the message boards" apparently YES. Yes he has. I can see him thinking "Well Bruno didn't like the product because it was as raunchy as it was, and Vince and him have problems. I'm not Vince, we've cleaned up our act, I'll reach out to him"

apparently Vince was not allowed to talk to Bruno or something? So I could see it as Hunter not ever having had a problem with Bruno, so why hold onto some grudge that wasn't his to begin with.

iirc the fact that Bruno was always on good terms with Killer Kowalski also played a role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I would like to mention that if for whatever reason you didn't watch it as it aired, tonight's episode of Countdown is 100% required viewing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

njsykora posted:

I would like to mention that if for whatever reason you didn't watch it as it aired, tonight's episode of Countdown is 100% required viewing.

When do these normally go up on the network for VOD watching?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's already up for VOD.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Can we induct tonight countdown episode into the Hall of Fame? It's been a long time since I laughed that much.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The countdown episode was really good, I'm just disappointed Shockmaster was #2 because I don't know a single wrestling fan who hasn't already seen that 500 times.

The $1Million mania giveaway must have happened during the 18 months or so around 2008/09 where I lost interest in Wrestling, because that was the first time I seen or even heard of that.

And how old does Sid look these days? Obviously he is ducking old but my god that surprised me.

The countdown program is my favourite thing about the network just now to be honest.

Next week is "Raw's greatest moments" for anybody that didn't know.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What was with the set falling apart? Was it part of another "someone's trying to kill Vince!" storyline that never went anywhere?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oh god that Countdown was pretty awesome.

Best part, though? Talking about the Shockmaster...

Ric Flair: "Shockmaster...A Flair for the Gold, with Fifi...I'm dating her now, you know"

Second-best thing about the episode was Dean Ambrose, though.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

I Feast On Dogshit posted:

The countdown episode was really good, I'm just disappointed Shockmaster was #2 because I don't know a single wrestling fan who hasn't already seen that 500 times.

Not only have I never seen it, I'd never even heard about it until the Countdown episode.

That Countdown really is worth it, even as someone who barely heard of most of the things on there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
They really should have given an honorable mention to Vince tearing his quad sliding into the ring at the end of the 2005 Rumble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QLe_tAQ2Rs

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Luigi Thirty posted:

What was with the set falling apart? Was it part of another "someone's trying to kill Vince!" storyline that never went anywhere?

That and the "show falling apart with Adamle as GM" storyline.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

This Countdown should have been a top 100 list. I don't care if it would have been ten hours long, I'd have watched every second of that. :allears:

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

The countdown was kinda frustrating since they had 3 separate entries for mushed-mouth guys. Also, for the $1million giveaway, didn't someone have Never Gonna Give you Up as their ring tone?

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
That countdown taught me that Dean Ambrose does a killer Dusty Rhodes impression.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think I forgot how long Doink's heel run was; I always just remembered really digging him as a heel and then being disappointed when he became a boring face clown.

But man, Doink loving ruled as a heel. Really great matches and he just cut this promo on Savage on RAW where two other Doinks appeared, and he just starts laughing like a maniac. Really a shame that they turned him.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I just watched countdown and I forgot all about the Million Dollar Giveaway.
I looked for something explaining the aftermath (the set falling, etc.) Did that lead up to some big McMahon feud or was the set collapsing just a way to end it?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

TUS posted:

The countdown was kinda frustrating since they had 3 separate entries for mushed-mouth guys. Also, for the $1million giveaway, didn't someone have Never Gonna Give you Up as their ring tone?

They actually showed that, but they edited the song out, replacing it with something generic.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Did they show the family that won McMahons Millions, all bedecked in the Chain Gang's finest and capable of seeing around a volleyball on the end of their noses?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Phenix Rising posted:

I think I forgot how long Doink's heel run was; I always just remembered really digging him as a heel and then being disappointed when he became a boring face clown.

But man, Doink loving ruled as a heel. Really great matches and he just cut this promo on Savage on RAW where two other Doinks appeared, and he just starts laughing like a maniac. Really a shame that they turned him.

It was really freaky how he'd just flip from silly clown voice to "I'm going to wait until you go to your car and murder you in the parking lot" voice on a dime.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Hogan's dialogue in the Dungeon of Doom base was also top notch. He was scare because the water was not hot?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DeathChicken posted:

It was really freaky how he'd just flip from silly clown voice to "I'm going to wait until you go to your car and murder you in the parking lot" voice on a dime.

Apparently Matt Borne was kind of like that himself.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TUS posted:

The countdown was kinda frustrating since they had 3 separate entries for mushed-mouth guys.

Wrong, because each of those guys totally deserved their own segment.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

It was also neat how Bobby Heenan had a running thing on commentary where he thought Doink was a wrestler playing an act to throw people off, but he could never quite place who it was.

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I left the WWE Network running overnight, and woke up to find this paused on the screen:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the Android app still "The Shits" for anyone? It loves to jump out of a loading program and go back to Getting Location. Screen Rotation seems to drive it nuts (even when I've disabled it). I mean otherwise when it's play it's fine (nowhere near the 360 issues I've read about). My issue is that my tablet is wifi only and I'd rather not use my Work Wifi for Streaming Pro Wrestling (hence not on the comp either). I can play it in the background fine and it's not an issue, it's just not hogging up bandwidth. I'm using it on a Samsung Galaxy 3 4G LTE (though I think AT&T is throttling me again), so it's a smart phone vs a tablet.

Luckily my wife gets her phone upgrade in a two weeks so then I can swap between my Samsung and her old Iphone 4 (as the iOS app on my ipad is amazing) in a worst case scenario (since I'm still grandfathered in as unlimited).

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TUS posted:

It was glorious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V27DJC-fJRs

It was also great that you saw how Vince did not know how a telephone works and was Mr. Burns.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bobkatt013 posted:

It was glorious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V27DJC-fJRs

It was also great that you saw how Vince did not know how a telephone works and was Mr. Burns.

So who did Vince have "walled up in the abandoned coke oven?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

gfanikf posted:

So who did Vince have "walled up in the abandoned coke oven?"

Dunn's dad.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wrong, because each of those guys totally deserved their own episode.

Fixed that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd totally watch a 30 minute show of various wrestlers trying to make sense of promos.

Or heck, give Colt Cabana a show so he can have his mom come on and read great promos.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

During the latest edition of the Michael Cole and JBL podcast on iTunes, it was announced that:

*WWE would broadcast a live "Wrestlemania Today" show on The WWE Network from AXXESS on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

*WWE would host a live "Legends of Wrestling" panel discussion on Friday 4/4, also from AXXESS.
Should be fun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I hope, in a weak moment, WWE forgets to cut the Legends of Wrestling panelists off at the bar before that show.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I hope, in a weak moment, WWE forgets to cut the Legends of Wrestling panelists off at the bar before that show.

Flair will have drank it dry long before that point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

If it goes like last time, I hope Lawler is moderating.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Flair will have drank it dry long before that point.
This is in New Orleans. Drinking it dry is impossible.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Batista posted:

Should be fun.

Wonder if Legends of Wrestling has been real popular on the Network.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Watching the first Countdown, the Catchphrase episode.
I'm trying to get my brain around a segment of Kane chanting "YES," DB going "NO," and Flair randomly throwing in "WOO."

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

As awesome as the Blunders Countdown was (and it was hilarious as hell), I wish there was an option that allows you to insta-downgrade the video quality each time Dusty Rhodes is on, because goddamn, in full HD his head is just pure nightmare fuel.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Endless Mike posted:

This is in New Orleans. Drinking it dry is impossible.

I believe in Flair. :colbert:

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Wonder if Legends of Wrestling has been real popular on the Network.

Well if it's any indication I've plowed through all of Legends first before I went to anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I believe in Flair. :colbert:

The Nature Boy never backed down from a challenge. Wooo!