Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

whats next weeks wm rewind and countdown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

fatherdog posted:

They did, though. DB straight up said "Maybe voodoo works best if you're stupid" during the Papa Shango/Warrior blunder segment.

There's a difference between one guy calling him stupid and devoting an entire segment to calling him stupid. Other than Bryan most everyone else was just talking about how that derailed Warrior's push and how the voodoo stuff was dumb.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Did anyone even put over Wright during that segment? Someone should have said he was a decent guy roped into a dumb gimmick.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

Steiner is memorable, but he's by no means actually "good." He pretty much just spouted nonsense. The only person on your list who would match up with that is Warrior, and they probably don't want to call him a stupid moron less than a month before inducting him into the HoF.

Steiner rules. Maybe you're just not a highly educated university?

Seriously though, Steiner was great on the mic. Unlike Sid, you couldn't just tune him out, because occasionally he'd be pretty great. By comparison, Bret's just uncomfortable, and Bulldog couldn't form words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OwM37PNQDs

Because I'm BIZAAAA.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Did anyone even put over Wright during that segment? Someone should have said he was a decent guy roped into a dumb gimmick.

I don't think so. They even had him talk about the Brawl for All (introduced as Godfather) but I don't think he showed up during the Papa Shango segment.

e: They said he scared kids out of the room, that's about it.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 27, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Snacksmaniac posted:

I think someone said they were legit scared of him, which is a good enough compliment for what the character was supposed to be. I had younger cousins that had to leave the room when he came on.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

He's not the only passable hand that got stuck in a bad gimmick of course.
The WWE is often inconstant in exposing old gimmicks or gimmick changes. Just another example I guess. They couldn't put him over without pulling back the curtain.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm just mad they let Wade Barrett have a talking head for every segment except his Royal Rumble mentor Papa Shango.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think someone said they were legit scared of him, which is a good enough compliment for what the character was supposed to be. I had younger cousins that had to leave the room when he came on.

I remember being freaked out by the Shango stuff. I was 9 or something. Shutup.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

e:double post. shutup.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The only time I ever tried to watch wrestling before the Monday Night War, Papa Shango came out and stared at a guy who looked just like Chris Benoit until his hand caught fire. I changed the channel and never bothered again until some buddies roped me into Nitro one night.

Such stupid, stupid poo poo.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

yea ok posted:

whats next weeks wm rewind and countdown?

Next countdown is RAW moments, which should be ok, but is kinda well-worn at this point what with roundtables, The recent RAW 1000 and the flashback famous RAWs on the network.

The rewind is, I think, Megapowers explode, which should be good

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I wish countdown was twice a week, its just so drat good! I'm hoping the network expands it's original content with similar programs.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Niwrad posted:

Question for those more familiar with ECW. I remember it a bit as a kid, although never got the PPVs. But was it considered dangerous? The bumps some of these guys take just seem ridiculous. So many guys being dropped on their head or landing at awkward angles. Was it safe and I'm just a mark? Or were these wrestlers doing really stupid things?

Have you seen the video of Sabu getting his arm ripped open during a barbed wire deathmatch and having to tape it up with masking tape so he didn't bleed out during the match?

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN

Blasmeister posted:

Next countdown is RAW moments, which should be ok, but is kinda well-worn at this point what with roundtables, The recent RAW 1000 and the flashback famous RAWs on the network.

The rewind is, I think, Megapowers explode, which should be good

The rewind is HHH vs Jericho from WM18. I'll say more than half of it will concentrate on torn quad.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Beaver Cleavage was oddly left out of the blunders countdown.
Also, I have been unable to get "AHHHH IT'S NOT HOT" out of my head, all drat day.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Ron Paul Hype Man posted:

Beaver Cleavage was oddly left out of the blunders countdown.
Also, I have been unable to get "AHHHH IT'S NOT HOT" out of my head, all drat day.

"Do you see towels? If you see towels, you're probably in the linen closet again."
"Just a second... no, it's someplace I've never been before!"

Which part was the worst part of Beaver Cleavage? The original promos, the girlfriend beater part, or the fact that it was all revealed to be a worked shoot by his evil girlfriend?

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

laz0rbeak posted:

"Do you see towels? If you see towels, you're probably in the linen closet again."

Which part was the worst part of Beaver Cleavage? The original promos, the girlfriend beater part, or the fact that it was all revealed to be a worked shoot by his evil girlfriend?

All of it. Every single bit of it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DudeDeuce posted:

The rewind is HHH vs Jericho from WM18. I'll say more than half of it will concentrate on torn quad.

But HHH has massive, tree-trunk like quads!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

laz0rbeak posted:

I was watching the undertaker marries Steph raw and I swear I forgot all about Beaver Clevage until they showed the vignette. Was the evil gf thing when she put makeup on to make it look like he beat her? Because that was seriously terrible. Also what is up with vince and incest?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Beaver Cleavage felt like 100% Russo to me, despite Vince's mom/incest issues

Also HHH/Jericho will basically be:

-HHH was injured in a match with Jericho and valiantly competed until the end
-Jericho won the Undisputed title by beating Austin and Rock in the same night
-HHH made another valiant effort by coming back from injury to a big reaction at MSG
-HHH wins the Rumble
-The stage is set! Nothing happened in between then and WM except some brawls!!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The_Rob posted:

Also what is up with vince and incest?
Vince was apparently molested either by his mother or by his stepfather, I forget.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Some one told me that WWE used a picture of Russo during the number announcement as images scrolled by.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

KungFu Grip posted:

Some one told me that WWE used a picture of Russo during the number announcement as images scrolled by.
Number announcement?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Nut Bunnies posted:

Beaver Cleavage felt like 100% Russo to me, despite Vince's mom/incest issues

Also HHH/Jericho will basically be:

-HHH was injured in a match with Jericho and valiantly competed until the end
-Jericho won the Undisputed title by beating Austin and Rock in the same night
-HHH made another valiant effort by coming back from injury to a big reaction at MSG
-HHH wins the Rumble
-The stage is set! Nothing happened in between then and WM except some brawls!!

Did anything happen between Rumble and Mania?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This is a silly question and I'm pretty sure I don't need to ask but can I take my Roku with me to someone else's house and use it to watch Wrestlemania XXX through my WWE Network account? I'm 99% sure I can but don't want to hinge a Wrestlemania party on it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

KungFu Grip posted:

he was a talking head on some countdown thing

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Joeslop posted:

This is a silly question and I'm pretty sure I don't need to ask but can I take my Roku with me to someone else's house and use it to watch Wrestlemania XXX through my WWE Network account? I'm 99% sure I can but don't want to hinge a Wrestlemania party on it.

Yes, it's not tied to IP.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Jericho became 3rd wheel to HHH vs. Stephanie

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Jericho accidentally ran over HHH's dog when Stephanie made him walk it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Number announcement?

When they go "and coming in at number 5"

yea ok posted:

he was a talking head on some countdown thing

No they had a roulette of images as they announced the number placements of the dumb stuff, and the one image was of Vince Russo sitting cross legged with sandals in over his socks.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, CHILDREN OF ALL ASIANS!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, BOYS AND GIRLS, CHILDREN OF ALL ASIANS!
That was pretty great. Bryan always comes across as the nicest guy.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Currently watching World War 3 '95.
I have never seen a WW3 before.
Is it just a multi-ring Battle Royal?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Call Me Charlie posted:

Yes, it's not tied to IP.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, and after a set amount of people are left in the left or right rings (I want to say 10), everyone goes to the middle ring.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Multi ring battle royal that is impossible to follow because of idiotic production and camera work and commentary is no help either because they also have no idea what's going on. One year they had three separate commentary teams for the three rings and they kept talking over each other and it was even WORSE.

Basically it's the best gimmick ever.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joeslop posted:

You're already risking by hinging a Wrestlemania party on the Network. And so far even though MLBAM is usually rock solid I've seen nothing to convince me that Wrestlemania will work on the Network. Better to split up payment at the party and order it on cable.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Deadpool posted:

You're already risking by hinging a Wrestlemania party on the Network. And so far even though MLBAM is usually rock solid I've seen nothing to convince me that Wrestlemania will work on the Network. Better to split up payment at the party and order it on cable.

That's what I'm doing, I'll order it on cable and have my guests split the cost because I really do not trust the Network knowing the flood of people that will log-in for a $10 WrestleMania (if WM30 goes off without a hitch, then my mind will be changed).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to believe Wrestlemania will go off without a hitch on the Network. I want to believe so bad.