Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spalding
Jul 24, 2005

liltimshady posted:

That's bullshit.

Red team screws up: You two get out!

Blue team screws up: You ALL get out!

GET OUT!

SHUT IT DOWN!

THREE nominees?! :stare:

Maybe they cut some stuff out to show more potato digging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hope everybody enjoys waiting until next week to see who gets eliminated...

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Rather, who's joining Simone in walking through those doors.

Look at Jason's face. It's loving purple!

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
For saying "Bro" one too many times, Mike should get the gently caress out.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Go back to the grocery store BITCH.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Simone has got to be the one going, right? Or at least one of the ones going?

If not her then it's gotta be Packaged Food Jersey Dude from the blue team.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Aaaaand Simone literally gives up.

EDIT: I'm usually very lively. :geno:

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Whooooooa, didn't expect that one.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

:wtf: is her deal?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Wow, Simone just gave up. "I can go."

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

:vince:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

"It's okay, chef, I can go" :stare:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Oh poo poo, it was a total fakeout...

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Simone had to be a plant from the old Geno days, right?

The path is grey. :geno:

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005
HAHAHAHA a self-elimination!

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Boxman posted:

Simone had to be a plant from the old Geno days, right?

The path is grey. :geno:

:geno: is way too amped for to represent Simone.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Does a screen shake count in the previews? If so...BINGO!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Dang, I didn't even get close to a "donkey." I did get seven squares, though, so maybe someone else did?

Edit:

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

The goon has shown himself.

Love the dinosaur roar and screen shaking.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I kind of wish the episodes were as exciting as the previews usually are...

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

BINGO! Thanks for the shake, Jason.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

liltimshady posted:

Does a screen shake count in the previews? If so...BINGO!

I think the screen shaking has only ever occurred on previews and recaps, but I may be wrong.

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

I think the screen shaking has only ever occurred on previews and recaps, but I may be wrong.

Every once in a while, a contestant will slam a door and the editors will shake the screen. With that...no Bingo for me.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Gordon slamming down RAW food causes a shake, sometimes. Just not tonight.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

HK editors much love their job so much. This show dropped all pretenses and became a circus ages ago, but these have to be the worst crop of chefs yet.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Why do I keep thinking this show is on at 9? :argh:

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Gordon Ramsay is so loving inspiring and he is the best. I heard about him but didn't start watching him until a few weeks ago. I definitely prefer his UK series better than the US ones. Are any of the US Hell's Kitchen as good as the Uk series? They seem overly dramatic and try to force the drama. I think my favourite series has to be the Uk version of Kitchen Nightmares. Boiling Point was also really great.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

From what I've seen on BBC America, UK HK is "Teach this random celebrity how to cook a certain thing decently well", where US HK is "Find the least competent people imaginable and :ramsay: at them". Apples and oranges, really. Kitchen Nightmares, however, is largely the same. Second post has basically every episode from every show Ramsay's ever done if you're interested.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

Ghostpilot posted:

HK editors much love their job so much. This show dropped all pretenses and became a circus ages ago, but these have to be the worst crop of chefs yet.

I think you mean best, really.

Gordon is setting Blue Team up for failure by not cutting their dead weight. :D

(err, more failure)

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Sighence posted:

Kitchen Nightmares, however, is largely the same.

Wrongo.

American Kitchen Nightmares is yelling, bad editing, more yelling, he pays for a total renovation of the restaurant, heartfelt crying.
UK Kitchen Nightmares is a bit of yelling, but mostly is Ramsay sincerely trying to help a restaurant deal with its particular problem with solutions tailored to it.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Fair enough. There is a wide gap between the Campaign for Real Gravy and Amy's Baking Company. My point was the various Nightmares have the same theoretical goal of saving restaurants. Hell's Kitchens can't even say that.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

liltimshady posted:

WTF?! MTTV now has a Hell's Kitchen Ripoff "Reality" Show? Wow...

What's this now?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Jersey Shor(t) Order Cook :v:

It's all about the GTL: Garnishes, Temperature, Letting Chef know that I have the passion to be the best and that I do not give up!

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 29, 2014

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I had a dream the other night my husband and I were on a new Gordon Ramsay cooking show where couples have to produce a meal with a main dish, side dish, and dessert while competing against other couples in a 2 hour time limit. We were making a standing rib roast. I was going to make something lamb related, but changed my mind. :v:

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Mad Dragon posted:

Jersey Shor(t) Order Cook :v:

It's all about the GTL: Garnishes, Temperature, Letting Chef know that I have the passion to be the best and that I do not give up!

I almost want to watch that, as it sounds completely terrible, buuuut I never watch cooking shows without Ramsey so eh.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Alterian posted:

I had a dream the other night my husband and I were on a new Gordon Ramsay cooking show where couples have to produce a meal with a main dish, side dish, and dessert while competing against other couples in a 2 hour time limit. We were making a standing rib roast. I was going to make something lamb related, but changed my mind. :v:

I once had a really corny idea for a show called "'Til Dish Do We Part," where two chef couples would compete against each other, and then the winning couple would go head to head to see who was the better chef between them.

I mean, if Bobby Flay can have five different shows about beating him in a cook-off, this could be worth a least a season order.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Ghostpilot posted:

I just started watching this show this season, thanks entirely to this thread. I'm a cooking show veteran from other cooking competitions (mostly oldskool Iron Chef and Top Chef US/Canada) and I think first ep just overloaded me into "WTF?!" so much that I had to continue. 2nd episode, I hate-watched. The potato challenge for 3rd ep gave me reassurance that some of these assholes actually know what they're doing. I'm still extremely confused about why exactly I'm still watching. My husband thought I was an idiot too until he happened to walk by during the line, "Go back to the grocery store, bitch." Please understand: He works in a high-volume professional kitchen and while they aren't fine-dining he does aspire to a certain standard no matter what. As soon as he heard that levied as an insult (and, furthermore, saw that teams got to nominate their weakest links) he was so fuckin' on board with this shitshow.

As a new viewer, I'm still very uh... like, are there Michelin-star chefs just lurking in this bullshit? Does the 2nd half of the show fall more into traditional cooking competition territory, or is it always fuckheads serving raw meat on a soup-risotto? I just can't cotton the show I've seen thus far with the same tenor of a late-season top chef, even on its worst outing.

OmegaBR posted:

I once had a really corny idea for a show called "'Til Dish Do We Part," where two chef couples would compete against each other, and then the winning couple would go head to head to see who was the better chef between them.
I would watch this so emphatically that I legitimately think you make a poor choice posting it here.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

I just started watching this show this season, thanks entirely to this thread. I'm a cooking show veteran from other cooking competitions (mostly oldskool Iron Chef and Top Chef US/Canada) and I think first ep just overloaded me into "WTF?!" so much that I had to continue. 2nd episode, I hate-watched. The potato challenge for 3rd ep gave me reassurance that some of these assholes actually know what they're doing. I'm still extremely confused about why exactly I'm still watching. My husband thought I was an idiot too until he happened to walk by during the line, "Go back to the grocery store, bitch." Please understand: He works in a high-volume professional kitchen and while they aren't fine-dining he does aspire to a certain standard no matter what. As soon as he heard that levied as an insult (and, furthermore, saw that teams got to nominate their weakest links) he was so fuckin' on board with this shitshow.

As a new viewer, I'm still very uh... like, are there Michelin-star chefs just lurking in this bullshit? Does the 2nd half of the show fall more into traditional cooking competition territory, or is it always fuckheads serving raw meat on a soup-risotto? I just can't cotton the show I've seen thus far with the same tenor of a late-season top chef, even on its worst outing.

It's really just a vehicle for 'angry ramsey screams at idiots'. Near the end you are usually left with a few competent chefs I guess.

The first half of the season is my favorite. :)

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

TheChad posted:

It's really just a vehicle for 'angry ramsey screams at idiots'. Near the end you are usually left with a few competent chefs I guess.

The first half of the season is my favorite. :)

The first half of a Hell's Kitchen season is the most entertaining because of all the loving bizarre people and hilarious gently caress-ups. The last three to four episodes are also usually pretty good because the really talented chefs are still around and they get a lot more attention since they're the only ones left. Unless there's a really good "villain" around, the late-middle of the season tends to drag for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Alright. I think I'm (very) content to continue hate-watching because I still have a sick softspot for skill-based reality TV. I might have to look into Ramsay's non-Kitchen Nightmares shows for what I'm really into, though; my favorite show from him has been Ramsay's Best Restaurant. I'm assuming Masterchef is what I really ought to be catching, or, just giving up!