Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

The potato challenge for 3rd ep gave me reassurance that some of these assholes actually know what they're doing.

Yeah, the challenges are always interesting because they show you that for the most part, these people actually have the potential to be really good chefs. They just crumble under the pressure of actually having to coordinate the kitchen for a dinner service, amplified by all the reality show stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011

Ither posted:

What's this now?

It was a commercial during Hell's Kitchen last Thursday. I didn't look too deep into it because...well, it's MTTV.

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Alright. I think I'm (very) content to continue hate-watching because I still have a sick softspot for skill-based reality TV. I might have to look into Ramsay's non-Kitchen Nightmares shows for what I'm really into, though; my favorite show from him has been Ramsay's Best Restaurant. I'm assuming Masterchef is what I really ought to be catching, or, just giving up!

MasterChef is more like an actual cooking show whose contestants are amateur home cooks. They're certainly treated better that the donkeys posing as professional chefs on Hell's Kitchen. It's definitely worth watching if that's what you're looking for: More skill, less pressure.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Masterchef Kids edition is adorably cute, btw. They even cook better than the troglodytes in HK, despite being 9 or whatever.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

liltimshady posted:

MasterChef is more like an actual cooking show whose contestants are amateur home cooks. They're certainly treated better that the donkeys posing as professional chefs on Hell's Kitchen. It's definitely worth watching if that's what you're looking for: More skill, less pressure.
Plus it's just generally a lot more uplifting. Like, for instance, this clip of Gordon judging an apple pie, made by a blind contestant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOipaGDSBTQ

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

surf rock posted:

The first half of a Hell's Kitchen season is the most entertaining because of all the loving bizarre people and hilarious gently caress-ups. The last three to four episodes are also usually pretty good because the really talented chefs are still around and they get a lot more attention since they're the only ones left. Unless there's a really good "villain" around, the late-middle of the season tends to drag for me.

It's basically the cooking version of the American Idol auditions vs. the rest of the show's run. Well, except for the fact that even the audition phase of American Idol has been boring as poo poo for years now.

This HK cycle has so many irredeemable fuckups though, that I think they'll have plenty to work with well into the season.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

liltimshady posted:

It was a commercial during Hell's Kitchen last Thursday. I didn't look too deep into it because...well, it's MTTV.

I really question to what degree that show is "reality" and skill based because every loving challenge someone is asked by the judges if they've ever done this before and they go "No, I want to challenge myself." and proceed to make either complete poo poo or 5 star food.

At some point it seems like the list of candidates to be eliminated was decided in advance and they're told by the producers to do X dish and cook the ingredient this way to completely gently caress it up. Luca in season 4 using fish sauce in a risotto seemed so wildly implausible that it came off as more like something staged to keep him looking like a struggling underdog.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
To be fair, supposedly you can use a splash of fish sauce in anything to boost the umami and flavor.

That said, I got a bottle of fish sauce once to make pad thai, and I can't bring myself to play with it. Smells like garbage water.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Propaganda Machine posted:

That said, I got a bottle of fish sauce once to make pad thai, and I can't bring myself to play with it. Smells like garbage water.

:getin: I got oyster sauce to make broccoli beef and I've used it in a bunch of different recipes because of the umami factor.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So this is happening

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/03/amy-bouzaglo-kitchen-nightmares-accused-gordon-ramsay-sexual-harassment-allegation/

quote:

As if they weren’t controversial enough already, Samy and Amy Bouzaglo are now alleging that Gordon Ramsay sexually harassed the female restaurant owner when he was filming their Kitchen Nightmares at Amy’s Baking Company, and RadarOnline.com has all the details — including the allegation straight from Amy’s mouth!

Since receiving backlash in high quantity after their May 2013 appearance on the hit FOX show, the Bouzaglos continued to rage against Ramsay and try to keep themselves relevant, even telling Radar in an exclusive interview that the chef is a “ginger head troll.”

But the allegations made by Samy and Amy recently are no laughing matter.

In a YouTube video published on Nov. 5, 2013, Samy is seen in his Scottsdale, Ariz. restaurant speaking with a group of female customers about the couple’s appearance on Kitchen Nightmares.

“You harassed my wife, sexually harassed, in the kitchen, he did. He did that,” Samy said.

“He is nothing, because I show him I am not the other restaurants, he did what he wanted from other wives. Put them on the war between husband and wife, he tried. He tried!

“More drama,” Amy chimed in.

“And we fired him,” Samy continued. “Don’t believe what he say, he left in the middle of the night. We had this coming out. He wasn’t supposed to air our show. And they did, it was not finished!”

Then in an interview with a man named Jonathan Langdale on March 10, 2014, Amy reiterated the sexual harassment claims.

“I can’t take that video down. His lawyers wanted me to take it down and we said, ‘F**k you, we’re not taking it down. It’s true!’” she said.

“Wait until you hear what he did to me sexually, wait until you hear how he harassed me.”

And when Langdale inquires as to whether agreements and documents signed by the Bouzaglos to appear on the show would protect Ramsay, Amy unleashes.

“We told them, sue us! We want you to sue us because we will take your company down when they find out the truth and all the proof that we have. Wait until the public finds out! And that’s why they haven’t aired everything, because we’ve been keeping track,” she claimed.

“We have proven to them that they were like, ‘Oh my God, those people have to be silenced’ because if our story gets out there, what they did to us and what we can prove, they are ruined. They are ruined.”

And despite numerous threats from production to the Bouzaglos to keep their mouths shut — as Radar has exclusively reported — Amy says they have yet to follow through.

“They can’t! They can’t! They won’t! If so, they would have done it a year ago. They threatened to sue us one year ago when we were about to have our press conference…”

“They can’t sue us. I want them to sue us. If they had to sue us they would have sued us long ago. They can’t. It will go straight to arbitration and with all of the proof that we have, and the documentation we have that they can’t run away from. They know that they can’t.”

Amy’s interview with Landgale starts in the video at 6:25 here.

UPDATE 1:40 p.m. – A spokesperson for Kitchen Nightmares tells Radar, “The owners of Amy’s Baking Company continue to make baseless and inflammatory comments. These ridiculous accusations are completely untrue.”

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I don't even know what to say to that. The crazy is strong.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TheChad posted:

I don't even know what to say to that. The crazy is strong.

She probably thinks that any man who talks to her is seriously lusting/sexually harassing her.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I love how she thinks they're not "silencing" her out of fear, when she's the best advertisement for Kitchen Nightmares they could possibly ask for.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
:psyduck:

Truly the gift that keeps on giving

patb01
Jul 4, 2008
This isn't going to blow up in their faces at all.

Don't they sign some sort of, 'you cant sue us' clause when they went on it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If nothing else, ABC is facing libel and slander versus tens of millions of dollars of lawyers.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Unfortunately, they don't have the episode online yet, but if anyone's interested in catching one of the repeats, Chef Tommy from season 9 of Hell's Kitchen was on this week's episode of Cutthroat Kitchen.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/cutthroat-kitchen/300-series/hawaii-5-oh-no.html

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Wintermutant posted:

Unfortunately, they don't have the episode online yet, but if anyone's interested in catching one of the repeats, Chef Tommy from season 9 of Hell's Kitchen was on this week's episode of Cutthroat Kitchen.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/cutthroat-kitchen/300-series/hawaii-5-oh-no.html

Good grief, all those new tattoos. Wonder if he's still with that girl he bought the dress for.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So the season finale of Swedish Masterchef just ended. This was the fourth season, but the first I watched. Compared to the American one, it had no shilling, no real drama, and no dessert challenges. At all. As they specifically pointed out, the dessert they made in the final match was the first dessert they made in the whole competition.

But more importantly, I learned that Swedish Masterchef Junior is a thing and it starts next week. :3:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Looks like Kitchen Nightmares will finally have its season debut April 11 with two back-to-back episodes.

Dunno if either of them will be ABC 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Edit: Looks like they got legal clearance and it will indeed be the Amy revisit.

Ballz fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 2, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Apparently Kitchen Nightmares is going to be running 2 hour blocks on Friday nights due to Fox cancelling/pulling the others. I don't know how long that's gonna be though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ballz posted:

Looks like Kitchen Nightmares will finally have its season debut April 11 with two back-to-back episodes.

Dunno if either of them will be ABC 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Edit: Looks like they got legal clearance and it will indeed be the Amy revisit.
Why'd they have to get legal clearance? Because ABC sued them?

I just started watching Kitchen Nightmares US last year after hearing about the Amy's episode. I watched that one first and then marathoned through the entire series from the beginning in a few days. Really looking forward to watching this season as it airs :)

I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw that there was an episode about Zeke's here in New Orleans. I used to go to that place all the time with my family and it's only like 10 minutes away from my house! But I stopped going years ago when the food started going downhill, and I think that's what brought about the KN episode. Well, new management which led to the food going downhill at least. Now it's closed and it's probably for the best. That place used to be great back in like...2006 and earlier. But after that, I went a couple times and it was pretty gross.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 2, 2014

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Just speculation on legal clearance, but it'd make sense for them to go over everything presented with a fine toothed comb in light of Amy's very public shitstorm.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Just caught up with the show.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Hotel Hell's Kitchen Nightmare Masterthread Jr. - Go back to the grocery store, bitch

drat, he is insane.
I wonder how much is just "creative editing"

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I didn't think that the ABC Part 2 episode of KN was a revisit. I thought it was just extra footage with Gordon talking about how loving crazy the place is.

Basically "ABC: The b-roll we didn't show you."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Nope, it is a revisit apparently.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Zero Star posted:

Plus it's just generally a lot more uplifting. Like, for instance, this clip of Gordon judging an apple pie, made by a blind contestant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOipaGDSBTQ

Holy poo poo :qq:

I had to watch a few more clips of her after that, loving hell I feel like a pathetic loser compared to her.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Hell's Kitchen TATTOO???

Someone show Ramsay that.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Holy poo poo, that's a lot of pennies.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

He should have had them be quarters and make them stand underneath.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Are the women going to come back with a victory? Gosh, I don't know!

Edit: gently caress this show. I'm done.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm so shocked that team fuckups hosed up.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I'm so shocked that team fuckups hosed up.

Go #### yourself. It ain't my fault.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat having to roll up $200,000 in pennies has got to be horrible...

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I swear I've never seen this Scott guy before where did he come from.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Basebf555 posted:

I swear I've never seen this Scott guy before where did he come from.

He's one of the competent chefs that can't get any airtime because of all the gently caress ups.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe he just wants to eat a couple crab cakes? Why do you gotta chew him out for it?

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Looks like the Bloosers are at it again.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Wait. They deep fry the crab cakes? What the gently caress?

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Why would they throw all those nasty pennies around in a restaurant

So gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liltimshady
Sep 6, 2011
Richard and Scott eating their mistake. For a second there I thought Mike had screwed up again.

Go Anton!