Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah but from what I understand it's a pretty good way to turn credits into vendor XP.

Yeah, I was at credit cap and bought the green iron buddy to feed to my enchanter. Took him from 17.5 to 19.5 immediately since it was over 100K vendor xp.

Just hit red prestige on Ms Marvel. She's still a blast but when I get her back to 60 it'll definitely be time to turn her many dupe uniques to cash, rank her gear up to 60, and move on to someone else for now. Probably put a bit too much time into her at once but I didn't want to risk dropping the mass RIF and XP boons I have on her. Definitely a character worth the cash or splinters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetGrind
Apr 5, 2012

Tagging the streets and humming the bassline.
Finally made enough splinters to buy my first random hero box, and I got Loki out of it! Turns out that Loki is so much more fun and interesting to play than Hawkeye, and now I'm enjoying the game a whole lot more than before.

Now if only the e-mail code hero box didn't give me a second Hawkeye.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Just had an XDef where a goon Dr. Strange did over 100 million damage :stare:

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnH7CesEIrM

Level 40 Strange getting 7 figure brutals... at level 40...

Oh Gaz, don't ever change :allears:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
how many times do you have to re summon for that?

e: \/\/ oh wow

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Mar 30, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
A few hours worth I think.

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013

Zeike posted:

how many times do you have to re summon for that?

It was a few hours. I ordered a pizza and rewatched the Emperor's New Groove, then came back and did some X-Def.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Hulk jumping all over the place is much more fun that I would have ever imagined.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

The saddest thing about the Dr. Strange bug is how utterly poo poo the projection skill is without it. If it was playable then whitelisters and the pubbies would have found this out within a minute of Strange going on TC.

There's a sweet spot between 0 damage and 50k damage per hit per illusion, yet sadly they're wayyyyyyyyy below it.

I want a functioning and viable projection build. I don't want to lay out lovely dot fields 24/7. Not saying he can't have a viable build doing that, I just don't want to play him that way.

This is pretty funny in retrospect:

HarryTasker posted:

How long something is on public is irrelevant to quality. A majority of the bugs found are reported during internal/WL, it's just a matter of them being fixed before release that's the problem. I can't think of a single instance where public test has found something we didnt considering it's pretty much our focus to break stuff.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Ok, something I've been wondering, has anyone ever tried a build using Armor-Piercing Shot with the Punisher? Because so far, it works extremely well for me. It's a lot more fun to play, too. Armor-Piercing Shot, and Lock and Load, gives you 100% spirit upkeep, just hang back and sink bullets into bad guys all day long. It feels a lot slower, because of the charge time, but from what I can tell, it works out to pretty similar damage. If not more damage, since your Fighting bonii apply to it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So looking at the Thing build listed in the builds post it seems like people basically build for damage output? Is it just not worth building for defense or is it more of a matter of being able to get 'enough' defense from gear so you may as well optimize your damage-out?

Almost installed and trying to decide who to re-learn the game with. I think I have Scarlet Witch, Thing, Ms. Marvel and maybe Daredevil?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

WarLocke posted:

So looking at the Thing build listed in the builds post it seems like people basically build for damage output? Is it just not worth building for defense or is it more of a matter of being able to get 'enough' defense from gear so you may as well optimize your damage-out?
If you build Thing for defense, all you can do is watch the other heores kill stuff.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
Whoa I'm glad I spent my splinters on Spider Man and not Strange. I'm probably biased because I like fast melee dudes but this is the most fun I've had with a new character in quite a while.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Just eyeballing Scarlet Witch's new power trees, it looks like you could make a ballin AoE bitch with Chaos Shift, Obfuscation, Ominous Veil, Ruinous Flux and Chaos Warp. Just teleport into the middle of guys, do damage, do more damage and fear everyone around you, be dodging/blocking ranged attacks, then Chaos Warp apparently hits most of the screen...

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

BabyFur Denny posted:

If you build Thing for defense, all you can do is watch the other heores kill stuff.

Pretty much this. I like Thing more than I probably should, but he's a very low tier character. I've got him geared for as much damage as I can, and he still falls behind pretty much everyone else, even with Brickyard Headbutt at 40.

As it is, a lot of his must have skills already give him all kinds of innate defense. Hard as Rock gives you a decent chunk of health and some defense, in addition to necessary damage rating, and a couple points of Granite Defense is a guaranteed 25% off of incoming damage. You should have always have Clobbering Time up, since it significantly boosts damage and attack speed, and comes with even more defense. Get it high enough, and it'll last longer than it takes to cool down. And his slot 5 unique, Spirit of Kirby, effectively doubles your health. At level 60, I can eat a head on charge from Juggernaut and still have enough health to dash away and pop a medkit.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Just eyeballing Scarlet Witch's new power trees, it looks like you could make a ballin AoE bitch with Chaos Shift, Obfuscation, Ominous Veil, Ruinous Flux and Chaos Warp. Just teleport into the middle of guys, do damage, do more damage and fear everyone around you, be dodging/blocking ranged attacks, then Chaos Warp apparently hits most of the screen...
I dunno how "new" her power trees are since I don't think anything major's changed for her in forever, but CeaseToHope's made a few posts about Scarlet Witch in the old thread, god knows where they are now in this new thread though but I'm sure he'll be more than happy to link his post on her if you don't manage to find it by then.

As for her powers, most everyone would probably agree she doesn't need to really worry about fear effects or ranged attacks or the like, as most of the threatening parts of any fight are quickly neutralized upon the first use of Bewildering Hex, if her other immobilizes don't already. Her power rotation will usually as an example work like: Reality Implosion -> Hex Binding -> Ravenous Binding -> Combusting Hex -> Bewildering Hex -> Chaos Warp. Repeat as necessary until all lootable enemies have been processed to a fine experience orb mess. The general order of skills doesn't really matter, I like using Implosion first for easier DoT targeting, but so long as you get to Bewildering and end in Chaos Warp in a rotation, everything else is a minor detail really.

As for her build, this is what CeaseToHope uses: http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/scarlet-witch#2v2M2vKKsvMv22vvKvv2/0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0

I pretty much use that same build with the one difference being the points in Hex Bolt removed and placed in Chaos Warp. Personally, specializing for a single target damage skill isn't really a concern with the damage you can rack up just lining her dots and chaos warping things down, as well as the bizarre damage shield she gets for some reason while channeling chaos warp, making her "glass cannon" archetype play as less glass, and more cannon.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

JetGrind posted:

Finally made enough splinters to buy my first random hero box, and I got Loki out of it! Turns out that Loki is so much more fun and interesting to play than Hawkeye, and now I'm enjoying the game a whole lot more than before.

Now if only the e-mail code hero box didn't give me a second Hawkeye.

I personally really enjoyed Hawkeye but he became much more fun to me when I unlocked his signature, the claymore turret. It's a fun power and I love how it demolishes everyone. Other than that, Explosive Arrow is cool for leveling up. Or you can go melee with Wave of Arrows and such. I leveled Hawkeye to 60 right after I leveled Loki and I had fun with both but their playstyles are very different. Also, in case you didn't know, Hawkeye's an AVENGER.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Panther Man status: We have (tentatively) cracked the panther code

Looking to get a little more oomph from your panther man? Here's what you do:

Get at least 3 of the following things (ranked in level of usefulness)-
Ebony Blade Unique (this is almost in the must have category because of how good it actually is)
Lemurias
Excalibur rank 5
Adv Starstone Tooth
Oculus Oroboros

Also grab a PSS for tiny panther man and if you feel the need, waste a PSS on his costume for baby panther man. AMA is a must and then grab some acronym here: Zig, HoD, GoK, ACoC, ASSS, AKFTS

20 Points-
Predator's Frenzy
Savage Strike
Panther Grace
Panther Soul
Mobile Mine Field

Flex Points-
Wrath of Bast- 20 if you have the unique that gives +10 to jungle snare, otherwise 1
Jungle snare- 20 if you don't have the unique otherwise this is your point dump

1 Point
Blessing of Bast
Unseen Predator
Leap/Lunge if you want the additional mobility

Notice the lack of Doras and Blade fighter skills? Good.

But Lux! You just said we wanted a unique that was pretty much all blade fighter skills! Yes, I did but honestly BP doesn't need the damage. He has plenty of damage and we're addressing his inability to vomit it out. Ebony blade is bonkers for sustain. It has at least 80 life on hit and almost 2000 life back on death. On top of that, Jungle snare procs this thing along with Excalibur and Lemurias ALL THE TIME. With that and his base regen of around 300+ health per second, you can easily keep yourself topped off without caring. If you can't keep topped off? Just throw mines/snare and sit in stealth until the mobs are dead. Viola! You're at full health again.

So how do we play panther man? You roll around looking for stuff to kill. If there are way too many things to kill, drop your mines and sig and snare and roll away again. Everything will then start taking the unaware damage bonus and all the trash will be gone. For blues/elites, you savage strike them and drop snare/mines and then just frenzy if there's anything left.

Savage strike is a huge amount of sustained damage and with mines, snare, and strike, you are able to dart in, drop a lot of hurt, and dart out while cosmics are rolling around. If you get hit by a cosmic who cares since all that damage still ticking on the boss is healing you.

Is it comparable damage? Absolutely. In fact, if you fix his issues with being pretty squishy you wind up with some fantastic output. Once you get strike/snare/mines up you just keep spamming mines off cd and then keep strike/snare up when you remember. Or just do what I do and mash all 3 buttons constantly and still win the dps meter. Also use the lovely sig and unseen predator when you remember because it's just even more damage.

Lux Aeterna fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 30, 2014

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
BP is definitely going to be my next hero now. You had me when you mentioned in chat about punching Doc Ock through the roof, so thanks for sharing how to make the magic happen!

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

That's probably not intended but it is part of the two big bonuses to this build

1. BP will occasionally uppercut so hard the enemy flies off the screen for ~2 seconds to be judged by the panther god directly

2. Watching enemies kill themselves trying to get you since they're walking over all those unused mines you laid

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Lux Aeterna posted:

That's probably not intended but it is part of the two big bonuses to this build

1. BP will occasionally uppercut so hard the enemy flies off the screen for ~2 seconds to be judged by the panther god directly

2. Watching enemies kill themselves trying to get you since they're walking over all those unused mines you laid

So why do you think that BP from previous was using Neptunes Trident, purely the procs?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Can you explain what you're doing here a little bit better? Like specifically your thought process for picking the skills you did?

Your post is worded a little weird, and its got a few people in the mumble confused.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lux Aeterna posted:

Panther Man status: We have (tentatively) cracked the panther code
This build is King poo poo of gently caress Mountain. Do not be dumb like me and neglect Savage Strike. The bleed is massive DPS.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

NotALizardman posted:

Can you explain what you're doing here a little bit better? Like specifically your thought process for picking the skills you did?

Your post is worded a little weird, and its got a few people in the mumble confused.
It seemed clear to me but it's pretty straightforward really. Mines, Snare, and (1 pt imo) Wrath for AOE. Strike, Snare and Frenzy for ST. Max passives.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

It seemed clear to me but it's pretty straightforward really. Mines, Snare, and (1 pt imo) Wrath for AOE. Strike, Snare and Frenzy for ST. Max passives.

Yeah it seemed that way to me too, but there are a few people in the mumble who were really baffled by it. :v:

But yeah thanks for the build Lux, I'll give it a shot here soon!

Edit: I guess they specifically didn't understand why you're using Excalibur instead of Gungir or whatever.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 30, 2014

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WarLocke posted:

E-Tap posted:

I dunno how "new" her power trees are since I don't think anything major's changed for her in forever, but CeaseToHope's made a few posts about Scarlet Witch in the old thread, god knows where they are now in this new thread though but I'm sure he'll be more than happy to link his post on her if you don't manage to find it by then.

Here's the Scarlet Witch guide.

The fear power you cast is kind of crap, because enemies flee out of it. The fear veil, however, is awesome because it also comes with projectile deflect.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lux Aeterna posted:

:black101: Panther Man Guide

Nice! O'Grady or ??? for Insignia?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Nice! O'Grady or ??? for Insignia?

Always O'Grady, Valkyrie, or Groot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

Always O'Grady, Valkyrie, or Groot.

Panther is limited to Avengers, Fantastic Four, and S.H.I.E.L.D., so that cuts Groot out.

Marvel needs to make everyone join the Guardians, so that everyone can have a Groot. Only having 3 that can use it is such a shame.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Only having 3 that can use it is such a shame.

Well, Nova and Star-Lord bring that up to 5 this year, right?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hogama posted:

Well, Nova and Star-Lord bring that up to 5 this year, right?

Star-Lord, sure. But Nova? Nova's release is like Black Widow's rework: It's never gonna happen.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

Here's the Scarlet Witch guide.

The fear power you cast is kind of crap, because enemies flee out of it. The fear veil, however, is awesome because it also comes with projectile deflect.

I kind of jumped in and basically threw points wherever: Maxed Chaos Warp, Ruinous Flux, Obfuscation, and the rest in the basic Hex Bolt with Ominous Veil at 1 point. At level 31 Chaos Warp is doing 10k damage per second with my lovely gear. :aaa:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Cage Was Here is baller. That should go on the OP.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
So that XDEF thing with Dr Strange? Top notch.

dblankenship81
Mar 1, 2013
I'm going to post the vod of us hitting wave 97 as soon as it uploads.

I'll also post the one where that guy did that thing and made us start over :argh: (stupid buggy poo poo)

Edits:

Wave 97 twitch link HERE

60's wave bugging out to due no doop timer and sub par Black Panther dps HERE

dblankenship81 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 31, 2014

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
It's definitely messed up. We didn't make it nearly as far as you guys did, and the chests were still outrageous (and we actually got to loot them)

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

dblankenship81 posted:

I'll also post the one where that guy did that thing and made us start over :argh: (stupid buggy poo poo)

That was me. I openly admit my dumbness.

NotALizardman posted:

Yeah it seemed that way to me too, but there are a few people in the mumble who were really baffled by it. :v:

But yeah thanks for the build Lux, I'll give it a shot here soon!

Edit: I guess they specifically didn't understand why you're using Excalibur instead of Gungir or whatever.

Gungnir is better than Excalibur for BP for overall damage; there's no doubt about it. My reasoning is that with Excalibur's 100 LoH, Ebony Blade's 90, and a stack of Lemurias coupled with his regen passive, you are bringing in a lot of life and it's enough to not need health stacking on a costume. I have around 15-16k health and the healing makes that plenty of life. That gives me the option of getting 3500+ crit damage on the costume, making up for the gung and the +health I'd have to put on the costume. I don't think it actually matters since BP does a lot of damage regardless. Dying is just more annoying to me than having sub-optimal DPS.

Lux Aeterna fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 31, 2014

Gropey C
Feb 26, 2004

Groping one generation at a time
I've always wondered this, but why is this not in the MMO subforum?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
I prestiged Strange yesterday for the expressed reason of hitting the minimum level to pull off the Bullshit, and take pubbies to unseen Xdef levels.

52 was my highest, after a while I started just kicking the thing over at 35 because the chest was amazing enough and pubbies would start to quit (???) if the xdef went on too long.

Highlights include:

* A Hot poo poo Iron Man who was enraged that I was slaughtering his damage meters. ("I am on to u HACKER")
* A Ms.Marvel who spent the ENTIRE xdef exclaiming 'WOAH' and 'WOW' when bosses evaporated. End of match told me 'U R THE SICKEST STRANGE EVER'
* A Deadpool who got pissy that things died before he could hit them with his sword, and sulked in a corner.
* A non-glitched Strange who ragequit the Xdef because his damage wasn't as good as mine, PM'd me with 'Sorry I was poo poo'
* A Dr.Strange who retconned mid Xdef and started to copy me and asked me afterwards 'wtf are u doing I can't do what u do'
* A Black Panther that asked mid- Xdef "Who is doing all the damage, my damage meters are showing 0" and when people told him the figures simply said 'ur lying'
* A Thor who begged me to get him to 60 (at this point we were 58) because he was "So loving sick of this lovely character why am I levellin him I DONT KNOW I SHOULDA BOUGHT STRANGE"

At one point a Storm PM'd me with "ARE YOU GOD" and I replied with "No - I am the DOCTOR." and I felt pretty pleased with myself until I realised I had made an unintentional Dr.Who reference and now it's less awesome. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malseth
Aug 18, 2008
Fun Shoe

Gropey C posted:

I've always wondered this, but why is this not in the MMO subforum?

Because this game isn't terrible.

• Locked thread