Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Schindler's Fist posted:

I just visited my local pick a brick wall. I have seven words to share. Trans Orange Cheese Slopes. Handfuls of them.

Jesus. Never take your Lego stores for granted. Australia is so backwards :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Of course grandpa's newspaper is the "old man yells at cloud" edition.

Whoever is in charge of the minifigs has to be a fan.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Paragon8 posted:

Playmobile has a bunch of sets that just seem so random and awkward. I remember seeing one that was basically a lonely bachelor's apartment.

The pirate island was awesome though.

when i was a kid my brother and I had a babysitter and the lady who watched us was married to a playmobil collecter and he let up play with all the doubles, i remember it being soo much fun, literally hundreds of sets.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Schindler's Fist posted:

I just visited my local pick a brick wall. I have seven words to share. Trans Orange Cheese Slopes. Handfuls of them.

Build a giant Ice Planet 2002 chainsaw!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

justincredible posted:

a playmobil collecter

I'm picturing an alternate-universe Legoon thread where someone is yelling about the cum-stained Dockers of the guy who digs through all the Playmobil collectible series mini bags and everyone argues over how many points of articulation is too much.

e: added second link

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm pretty sure my first Pick a Brick score was a small cup of trans orange cheese wedges and a small cup of trans light blue/trans yellow studs. It was amazing. I haven't found a use for them in two years, but one day, when inspiration strikes...

Now all I ever see is the standard stuff and then bizarre stuff like flowers. Not the stems, just the flowers.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Paragon8 posted:

Playmobile has a bunch of sets that just seem so random and awkward. I remember seeing one that was basically a lonely bachelor's apartment.

Case and point.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Dr. Benway posted:

Case and point.

:eyepop:

Any kid that wants the TSA playset is going to grow up evil.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Dr. Benway posted:

Case and point.

I hope that's a wand they check you with for metal and not a magnifying glass to look for contraband in your rear end

Sair
May 11, 2007

Paragon8 posted:

I have one of these somewhere:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

SeaLUG and Brickcon had a little mini Lego con at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend. A few tables worth of displays and MOCs, a couple of dealers. One of the dealers had some classic space (a rarity at Brickcon), and at reasonable prices (even more rare).
Picked up 6970 Beta I Command Base (neither red minifig has gold in their logo but only one has a cracked chinstrap; the white minifigs have some gold left and both helmets are intact; the antenna is missing one spoke and the flag's stickers are in terrible shape), 487 Space Cruiser (has instructions; both minifig helmets in good shape, only the white minifig has gold left), and 1787 Crater Cruiser. All for $155, which ain't bad. He also had a 497 Galaxy Explorer, but it was $150 and I already had one, so I skipped it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Pyroclastic posted:

SeaLUG and Brickcon had a little mini Lego con at Emerald City Comic Con this weekend. A few tables worth of displays and MOCs, a couple of dealers. One of the dealers had some classic space (a rarity at Brickcon), and at reasonable prices (even more rare).
Picked up 6970 Beta I Command Base (neither red minifig has gold in their logo but only one has a cracked chinstrap; the white minifigs have some gold left and both helmets are intact; the antenna is missing one spoke and the flag's stickers are in terrible shape), 487 Space Cruiser (has instructions; both minifig helmets in good shape, only the white minifig has gold left), and 1787 Crater Cruiser. All for $155, which ain't bad. He also had a 497 Galaxy Explorer, but it was $150 and I already had one, so I skipped it.

They're across the street in TCC right? I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Comes with 3 beer crates.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

OperaMouse posted:

Comes with 3 beer crates.

They didn't even bother to get the Shawshank Redemption license

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The Rage posted:

They're across the street in TCC right? I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

Yup, first floor.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Playmobil rocks. I collect the farm sets and any animals I can get. The kids love them and they are incredibly sturdy. I think the actual buildings are kinda to fragile for 4year olds but the people and animals are perfect.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Please take all Playmobil and Playmobil-related discussion to the Playmobil thread in the Mega Bloks subforum

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I proposed to my fiance this Friday. Since we are both big gay babies I made my proposal in the form of a Lego recreation of the Portuguese proposal scene from Love Actually (one of her favorite movies), with minifig versions of her and I and some of her family and friends:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Gabriel Pope posted:

I proposed to my fiance this Friday. Since we are both big gay babies I made my proposal in the form of a Lego recreation of the Portuguese proposal scene from Love Actually (one of her favorite movies), with minifig versions of her and I and some of her family and friends:

I trust she said 'Yes' :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope you didn't use The One Ring as a representative of the ring on the minifig, or else you're in for some trouble down the road...

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Schindler's Fist posted:

I had to go machine metal parts today down in San Jose, on the way back I would have the opportunity to hit 2 lego stores on the way home and pick up some stuff from pick a brick. I shouldn't have bothered, they were clean out except for 3-4 buckets of misc bricks [mostly orange]. Turns out this is the last weekend for the holiday box special, I didn't know what that was, but once it was explained to me, I guess Lego only wanted to give out only so much free bricks on the last weekend of the program. I was told everything will be back in stock on the first.

Its cute over at the Bricklink forums where guys are all like... :ohdear: "There's a brick shortage, I can't fill my gift box..." :ohdear:

Gee I wonder why :allears:

Last week I picked up the Department store Modular set. That was pretty cool, and those modular sets are a pretty good value when you look at price per brick. I'm kinda temped to get another Department store, and tear down my existing one, and rebuild it as a super modular using the large gray buildplate vs the standard size one. That way I could have up AND down escalators.. and add more stuff on the inside and detail up the sides a bit. I'll probably build a 1 brick high base so I can have enough room to build curbs/streets/alleys around it.

I was hoping to find a fire station still but fat luck. I'm not paying aftermarket prices for retired modulars, I'd rather buy 2-3 of a current one and build townhouses, or detailed alleyways or something else.

I did get a missing piece though in that set, I'm missing a 1x2 dark grey tile, but I had about 30 extra bits left over... I did have 2 1x1 dark grey extra tiles so I used those instead. I wonder if most lego set errors, when they occur happen to have the right weight during the parts check but the wrong color...

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 31, 2014

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible
What your guys' favorite Modular Building?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

justincredible posted:

Pet Store for the build, Cinema for the look. But ask me again tomorrow and I'm sure that'll be different, I have a parcel waiting for me at the post office and it can only be the Parisian Restaurant.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

justincredible posted:

Green Grocer

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014
The Corner Cafe is the nicest looking them all.

Readblood
Nov 9, 2005
The Green Grocer is the king. The refrigerator in the grocer is awesome, as is the weird fire escape.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Looks like the new Joker Steamroller set comes with an official Goon minifig:

I can't quite make out the state of his jorts.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Cloks posted:

Looks like the new Joker Steamroller set comes with an official Goon minifig:

I can't quite make out the state of his jorts.

Now this begs the question, will these awesome sets start coming with different Goons or will it include Cohorts, Lackeys and Thugs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKSnRkARktk

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Didn't see it posted yet, but Darth Revan is the May the 4th minifigure for $75 Star Wars purchases. https://www.flickr.com/photos/acpin/13542363933

Still waiting to see what the discounted set is.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

ltr posted:

Didn't see it posted yet, but Darth Revan is the May the 4th minifigure for $75 Star Wars purchases. https://www.flickr.com/photos/acpin/13542363933

I may have to spend $75 in may....

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ooh, double VIP points April 1st-15th!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

ltr posted:

:fap: I love collecting Old Republic stuff! It specifically has to be $75 on Star Wars though? I think I have most of the SW sets I want until the new ones come out :( E: Not the sandcrawler

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 1, 2014

ether
May 20, 2001

Why build a chomping garbagetruck plane when you can create a GARBAGEBOT with 3 heads.
(which is flimsy as crap considering the bricks I had to work with, pose it and don't touch it basically)

Yet to see the movie, original version doesn't show here at all and the Dutch voiceactors are beyond meh. The sets are really cool though, thinking of purchasing the icecream truck as well and make a vomit-inducing white/pink bot to accompany this one.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

:fap: I love collecting Old Republic stuff! It specifically has to be $75 on Star Wars though? I think I have most of the SW sets I want until the new ones come out :( E: Not the sandcrawler

Yeah, $75 in Star Wars sets. Though last year I got it with buying a Y-Wing and a bunch of minifigs, I think that was just a nice cashier. All I really want right now are the 3 microfighter sets I'm missing. So unless the sale set is something I really want I'll have to pick up a couple other sets I don't really care for just to get the minifig.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What are the odds that a) The Sandcrawler will be available to VIPs before May 4th and b) that it will sell out before the May 4th Revan promotion? I really want both, but it feels like this may be a case of having my cake and eating it too.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What are the odds that a) The Sandcrawler will be available to VIPs before May 4th and b) that it will sell out before the May 4th Revan promotion? I really want both, but it feels like this may be a case of having my cake and eating it too.

It says on that same flyer that the Sandcrawler is coming out May 3rd.

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten my hands on the UCS X-Wing yet, so I'm set.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Jordanis posted:

It says on that same flyer that the Sandcrawler is coming out May 3rd.

Meanwhile, I haven't gotten my hands on the UCS X-Wing yet, so I'm set.

There is also a VIP only item for sale 2 weeks before May 3rd that is not revealed yet, so that may be early access to the Sandcrawler and it could sell out I guess.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

ltr posted:

There is also a VIP only item for sale 2 weeks before May 3rd that is not revealed yet, so that may be early access to the Sandcrawler and it could sell out I guess.

I can't see how it'd be the Sandcrawler, though, as the flyer says VIPs will get a sneak preview of a new set, with the Sandcrawler set displayed at the top of the flyer. It'd seem kinda redundant and/or silly to have it be the same thing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

C'mon half price UCS X-Wing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

The Rage posted:

C'mon half price UCS X-Wing!

yes please