Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Is there a favorite provider/package right now? I've been using my friends Supernews account but then the speeds were about a 10th of what they used to be most evenings so we switched to Astraweb. I guess Astraweb doesn't like account sharing though so I have to get my own now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

crm posted:

What's the best iOS app for controlling SABnzbd+? myNZB is not so great.

Bonus points if it supports sickbeard/couchpotato/other stuff.

I don't think any of them support sb/cp anymore. I use Sabmini and it's ok for basic searching and sab control.

Awesome_Tool
Dec 10, 2008
ive been very happy with newsdemon in the past and now newsleecher the cost is well worth it in my opinion, and i use it regularly combined with other non-usenet alternatives

Oggie
May 12, 2001

He's got style, a groovy style.
Could anyone help me figure out how to make NZBGet extract nzb files that have been zipped and dumped in the watched folder (like when you add nzbs to a cart then download more than one at a time)? I have NZBGet running on a Win Server 2008 machine and have tried adding unzip.py to the Nzbprocess field under incoming NZB settings but this is giving me a synatx error -line 6 (I have python 2.7.6 installed). I have just moved to NZBGet after using SAB for a few years and other than this one issue it seems really good.

I figure I am probably missing something really obvious here but for the life of me can't work out what!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
I know how to resume post-processing with the api (http://localhost:8080/sabnzbd/api?mode=resume_pp&apikey=0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef), but does anyone know how I can pause post-processing with the api?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

The Gunslinger posted:

Ok wow I am sold on nzbdrone. The failed download functionality is excellent, it is much faster with searches and the UI overall is better despite some small annoyances. Once I got used to the new terminology I was fine and it imported all of my shows easily enough. Quick question though, what the hell is Cutoff Unmet in the Wanted menu?

As a user of Sick & SAB I'm hesitant to rock the boat on a good situation but this talk off NZBdrone tempts me.

How hard/technical is it to get off sick and on drone? How long should it take? Do I have a good chance of just wrecking everything in my attempts?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Feenix posted:

As a user of Sick & SAB I'm hesitant to rock the boat on a good situation but this talk off NZBdrone tempts me.

How hard/technical is it to get off sick and on drone? How long should it take? Do I have a good chance of just wrecking everything in my attempts?

I just switched from Sick to Drone and from Sab to NzbGet this past weekend. Took me about 20 minutes total to configure everything, and it has been rocking and rolling all by itself ever since.

There was no practical reason to switch to NzbGet though. I just wanted to try it out. It is nice, but Sab still has some features it lacks. Drone though is way better than Sick, in my opinion.

Straithate
Sep 11, 2001

Bow before the might of the Clarkson!
I switched from Sickbeard this weekend and it took less than 20 minutes for it to scan 4 2TB drives and configure. It picks up all of your shows and you just need to click add -- that's it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Has anyone written up a comparison between Drone and SB ? I see a lot of people saying they've moved over and they prefer it, but having something written up fully as to what makes it so attractive would be really great.

Am thinking of redoing my HTPC a bit with a new SSD, RAM and OS install over the next few months and am curious if I should move away from my tried and tested Sab, SB, Couch Potato and XBMC MySQL setup.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

EL BROMANCE posted:

Has anyone written up a comparison between Drone and SB ? I see a lot of people saying they've moved over and they prefer it, but having something written up fully as to what makes it so attractive would be really great.

Am thinking of redoing my HTPC a bit with a new SSD, RAM and OS install over the next few months and am curious if I should move away from my tried and tested Sab, SB, Couch Potato and XBMC MySQL setup.

Would really like to see this as I don't know what features I'm lacking currently. Sick/SABnzbd has been solid for years.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
NzbDrone has failed download functionality which was the main draw for me. The interface is better (the calendar is really nice) and it lets you manually choose a particular nzb for downloads if you want. It took me 20 minutes to import my shows and throw in the indexer info. It is just a much slicker package overall, feels like the natural extension of Sickbeard. If they ever throw torrent support into NzbDrone I'd be in heaven.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

The Gunslinger posted:

lets you manually choose a particular nzb for downloads if you want.

That's nice. Sometimes Sick just refuses to download something and you can't force it to choose an alternate NZB. I'm sold.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Is anyone running NZBDrone on linux? I tried a couple of months ago when they announced mono support but it kept crashing trying to scan my library.

loose-fish
Apr 1, 2005
Yes, I switched from Sickbeard last week, I really like it. Running on Arch without any problems Mono is 3.2.8 and NzbDrone is 2.0.0.1293.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok I'll try not to make this too big a deal but I want to ask a few things.

I'm at the OSX page for NZBdrone. It says I need to download and install Mono. Done.

It says "other" and links to a download page for MediaInfo (for processing files on import) and links to a Mac App Store version that has a small fee or free GUI or non-GUI ones that disclaim that they don't integrate as well into the OS. I do not mind paying for the M.A.S. version, just wanted to make sure this is necessary for my needs...?

[edit] I got the Mac App Store version anyway. 99 cents. Whatever, right?

In typical fashion for me, everyone claims something is super simple and then I get stuck LITERALLY on the first step.

I just ran Mono path/to/nzbdrone.exe in Terminal and it kicked out a lot of startup text, then after Housekeeping, it waited a while and now ever 60 seconds it kicks this out (the warn)
code:
[Info] HousekeepingService: Running housecleaning tasks 
[Warn] DownloadedEpisodesImportService: Drone Factory folder is not configured 
The instructions for OSX on the main page end after running that Mono line in Terminal. So yeah, no clue what to do next...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 3, 2014

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Feenix posted:

I'm at the OSX page for NZBdrone. It says I need to download and install Mono. Done.

It says "other" and links to a download page for MediaInfo (for processing files on import) and links to a Mac App Store version that has a small fee or free GUI or non-GUI ones that disclaim that they don't integrate as well into the OS. I do not mind paying for the M.A.S. version, just wanted to make sure this is necessary for my needs...?

I have yet to try nzbdrone and haven't had a Mac in many years, but can't see why you'd need anything more "advanced" than the non-graphical version. If the program only will be called by nzbdrone when processing files, how well it integrates with the OS is irrelevant for your usage purposes.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Keito posted:

I have yet to try nzbdrone and haven't had a Mac in many years, but can't see why you'd need anything more "advanced" than the non-graphical version. If the program only will be called by nzbdrone when processing files, how well it integrates with the OS is irrelevant for your usage purposes.

Fair point. I got the paid one anyway cuz whatever, but that works.

Also I got past my problem. I found an idiot's guide. (It's for Windows but some of the logic applies.)

The problem was despite getting a Terminal Error I listed above, what was not said was I needed to go to Localhost:8989 )

We'll see if I get stuck down the road... :)

[edit]

Everything seems to be good in setup. Added all my existing shows. Only thing is when I navigate around I get a
code:
: 0
Script Error

Pop up on the bottom right of the window. And when I go to my shows list I get like 10 of them stacked.

Feenix fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 3, 2014

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

The only reason I don't use NzbDrone is that I'd much rather hack on Python then C#. That and my server is Ubuntu 12.04 and it's a pain to get Mono 3.2 on it.

But yeah, it looks pretty nice.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
I moved to nzbdrone because it can actually handle having multiple shows in the same folder without freaking out like Sickbeard did. it's not perfect (deleting one show will empty the entire folder) but it working ok so far

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

I moved to nzbdrone because it can actually handle having multiple shows in the same folder without freaking out like Sickbeard did. it's not perfect (deleting one show will empty the entire folder) but it working ok so far

Are you combining things across a bunch of external hard drives or something? I can't see a scenario where I would want all of the files just dumped into a big folder together without at least a series folder. I guess everyone has their own way of doing things but that just seems strange.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

Feenix posted:

[edit] I got the Mac App Store version anyway. 99 cents. Whatever, right?

In typical fashion for me, everyone claims something is super simple and then I get stuck LITERALLY on the first step.

I just ran Mono path/to/nzbdrone.exe in Terminal and it kicked out a lot of startup text, then after Housekeeping, it waited a while and now ever 60 seconds it kicks this out (the warn)
code:
[Info] HousekeepingService: Running housecleaning tasks 
The instructions for OSX on the main page end after running that Mono line in Terminal. So yeah, no clue what to do next...

The warning is normal if its unconfigured I believe. Once you set everything it up it goes away. I've only been running Nzbdrone a few days in a Linux vm for testing before I switch to it on my server but I had that same issue and it works fine. I would just try and load it up in your browser.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Anyone having issues with Tweak? SAB keeps coming back and saying there are too many connections but I haven't changed anything.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Nask26 posted:

The warning is normal if its unconfigured I believe. Once you set everything it up it goes away. I've only been running Nzbdrone a few days in a Linux vm for testing before I switch to it on my server but I had that same issue and it works fine. I would just try and load it up in your browser.

Thanks, yeah, I realized that later on, the issue being instructions stopped there, and I had no idea I needed to go to Localhost:8989

Anyway, everything SEEMS to be running just right.

The 2 remaining issues I have presently are the aforementioned popup in the bottom corner of the browser window that says :0 Script Error (but does not seem to actually inhibit anything...) and now I need to figure out how to umm.. run this as a Daemon at startup or without leaving Terminal open or whatever. :)

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Didn't there used to be a thread where you CAN have invite discussion? Can't seem to find it. Where would I tell people that an invite-only indexer is currently open-reg?

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Didn't there used to be a thread where you CAN have invite discussion? Can't seem to find it. Where would I tell people that an invite-only indexer is currently open-reg?

In my PM inbox!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Didn't there used to be a thread where you CAN have invite discussion?
This used to be it.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

The Gunslinger posted:

Are you combining things across a bunch of external hard drives or something? I can't see a scenario where I would want all of the files just dumped into a big folder together without at least a series folder. I guess everyone has their own way of doing things but that just seems strange.

Nope, just straight onto my SSD. If I'm only getting 5 episodes from 5 shows a week but the total amount of show folders I have is 20+ I don't want to be digging through them all to find which ones have aired. I have my TV folder on the Start menu so I can just expand it and see those 5 episodes immediately and then I never forget to watch one. When I write it out it sounds like the most minor trivial thing but having to go through a bunch of folders to see whats been grabbed annoyed me. it just feels a lot cleaner this way

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ok I do have one more slight hitch with my NZBdrone setup. Hoping ya'll can help.

I thought I was set, because I test-downloaded and saw that SAB started doing it's thing. I cancelled and felt good about being set.

I saw 4 shows downloaded from NZBDrone. However they weren't where all my shows are. I looked at SABNZBD, and unlike other shows, it shows they were downloaded, but doesn't have any of it's text to the right of them..

code:
Processing succeeded for /Users/BSTAR/Downloads/CompletedTV/Show.mkv/Show.mkv
So to repeat, it does NOT have that. Just blank.

I guess the post-processing part in SAB is not done. What do I need to do to get it back to where it was. I guess I was probably using the SABtoSickbeard.py Script. Do I need to do something there?

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Feenix posted:

Ok I do have one more slight hitch with my NZBdrone setup. Hoping ya'll can help.

I thought I was set, because I test-downloaded and saw that SAB started doing it's thing. I cancelled and felt good about being set.

I saw 4 shows downloaded from NZBDrone. However they weren't where all my shows are. I looked at SABNZBD, and unlike other shows, it shows they were downloaded, but doesn't have any of it's text to the right of them..

code:
Processing succeeded for /Users/BSTAR/Downloads/CompletedTV/Show.mkv/Show.mkv
So to repeat, it does NOT have that. Just blank.

I guess the post-processing part in SAB is not done. What do I need to do to get it back to where it was. I guess I was probably using the SABtoSickbeard.py Script. Do I need to do something there?
You need to tell NZBdrone where your completed TV downloads are going. The setting is Settings -> Download Client -> Drone Factory. In your case you would want to enter /Users/BSTAR/Downloads/CompletedTV/

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Disgustipated posted:

You need to tell NZBdrone where your completed TV downloads are going. The setting is Settings -> Download Client -> Drone Factory. In your case you would want to enter /Users/BSTAR/Downloads/CompletedTV/

I totes did that. Maybe it didn't save earlier...

There was a slight typo in my path. Thanks for making me double check. I think I'm 100% now.

Except that I cannot see where to make NZBDrone make folders "Season 03" And instead it's just making "Season 3" and creating new folders. So now I have Season 03 and Season 3 in the same show directory.
A minor issue..

Feenix fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Apr 4, 2014

Koushiro
Dec 28, 2005

Feenix posted:

I totes did that. Maybe it didn't save earlier...

There was a slight typo in my path. Thanks for making me double check. I think I'm 100% now.

Except that I cannot see where to make NZBDrone make folders "Season 03" And instead it's just making "Season 3" and creating new folders. So now I have Season 03 and Season 3 in the same show directory.
A minor issue..

What you're looking for is the folder format: Season {season:00}

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Koushiro posted:

What you're looking for is the folder format: Season {season:00}

Thanks!

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Anyone had a problem with NZBGet's post processing scripts failing? My most recent errors from the log

CouchPotato:
code:
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato: 23:46:08|ERROR   Unable to parse json data for movies
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato: Traceback (most recent call last):
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:   File "/Users/myusername/Downloads/NZBscript/nzbToMedia/autoProcess/autoProcessMovie.py", line 70, in get_movie_info
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:     result = json.load(urlObj)
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 290, in load
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:     **kw)
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:     return _default_decoder.decode(s)
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 365, in decode
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:     obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 383, in raw_decode
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato:     raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
Thu Apr  3 23:46:08 2014	INFO	nzbToCouchPotato: ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded
** more of the same **
Thu Apr  3 23:47:13 2014	ERROR	Post-process-script nzbToCouchPotato.py for The.Thing.I.Wanted(ttXXXXXXX) failed (terminated with unknown status)
and SIckBeard:
code:
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    ====================
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    nzbToSickBeard V9.2
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    MAIN: Script triggered from NZBGet (11.0 or later).
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    MAIN: Script triggered from NZBGet, starting autoProcessTV...
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    Loading config from /Users/MyUsername/Downloads/NZBscript/nzbToMedia/autoProcessMedia.cfg
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    FLATTEN: Flattening directory: /Users/MyUsername/Downloads/complete/TV/What.I.Wanted
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    REMOVER: Removing empty folders in: /Users/MyUsername/Downloads/complete/TV/What.I.Wanted
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    The download succeeded. Sending process request to SickBeard's default branch
Thu Apr  3 23:52:58 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:52:58|INFO    Waiting for 0.0 seconds to allow SB to process newly extracted files
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:53:07|ERROR   Unable to open URL
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: Traceback (most recent call last):
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:   File "/Users/MyUsername/Downloads/NZBscript/nzbToMedia/autoProcess/autoProcessTV.py", line 208, in processEpisode
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:     urlObj = myOpener.openit(url)
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:   File "/Users/MyUsername/Downloads/NZBscript/nzbToMedia/autoProcess/autoProcessTV.py", line 33, in openit
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:     return urllib.FancyURLopener.open(self, url)
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 208, in open
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:     return getattr(self, name)(url)
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:   File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/urllib.py", line 352, in open_http
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard:     'got a bad status line', None)
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: IOError: ('http protocol error', 0, 'got a bad status line', None)
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	INFO	nzbToSickBeard: 23:53:07|INFO    MAIN: A problem was reported in the autoProcessTV script.
Thu Apr  3 23:53:07 2014	ERROR	Post-process-script nzbToSickBeard.py for What.I.Wanted failed

sellouts fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 4, 2014

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

NZB360 added nzbdrone support, if only google hadn't pulled it from the store, oh well.

http://nzb360.com/?v=8.0

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I'm currently using NewsDemon with BlockNews as a backup, but that hasn't been working out too well recently. Would I be better off changing my primary provider or finding an additional block account on a different server?

FXer
Jul 13, 2004

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood!
Astraweb has been blowing rear end for me lately so I'd stay away from them, however tweaknews as my blockfill has been working very well

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
I have block accounts from Tweaknews, blocknews, and Astra as backups. They've been working pretty well. The tweaknews block account does more of the work than the other two though.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm back with Supernews and I use Blocknews/Tweaknews as fill servers. I usually just wait for the annual sales on the fill servers.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Konjuro posted:

I'm currently using NewsDemon with BlockNews as a backup, but that hasn't been working out too well recently. Would I be better off changing my primary provider or finding an additional block account on a different server?

Not sure what distros you download but I have the same arrangement and haven't had to use the block in quite a while (months).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Also agreed that Astraweb has been really lovely recently. I keep it out of laziness and have Blocknews for times when I want something right now and Astraweb is slow.

I downloaded NzbDone and I'm having trouble with it:

-It doesn't detect the series I have already downloaded, even when I downloaded it through NzbDrone
-It often doesn't find any episode to download, or sometimes it will only be like a single episode out of 16 when I try to do a whole season
-I tried changing the resolution option to see if maybe there just weren't any 1080p available but the interface freaks won't let me save a series to the root folder and gently caress manually making a folder for every series which is what it seems it wants me to do.