Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

animeliker posted:

I wonder how Walkinshaw was able to win with a Jaguar XJS in sports car racing: it seems very ill-suited to it.

Because he cheated like a bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Cygni posted:

(speaking for myself now) They might be, who knows! But the reality of that race is that ESM was leading and pulling away with about an hour left, and Ganassi straight played them with fuel strategy. ESM gave that race away. And both Oak and ESM were in the top 5 at that time. The car that won wasn't even one of the ~4 fastest, but they won.

Maybe the P2/DP balance needs more work, hell if I know. But the argument that P2 is so out to lunch that its a joke worth skipping races over was pretty well refuted at Sebring, in my opinion.

Before they had mechanical problem, the Muscle Milk cars were staying up with both the AXR and WTR cars quite easily. It just seems to me sour grapes that a DP came and won Sebring on the first shot.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Peugeot returning to Dakar in 2015. Sainz and Despres confirmed as drivers, so no more bikes for Cyril.

http://www.racer.com/latest-stories/item/102181-sainz-despres-join-peugeot-for-dakar

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So BTCC is back. All the talk was Giovanni being the returning champ who'll be at the sharp end and Menu would have the slow start. However with second practice under-way, the Fords don't look like top ten material, and Menu's team-mate Smith is in third (with a time way quicker than the car managed last year so it's a real gain). The MGs look strong while the works Hondas probably aren't where they want to be.

edit: out of nowhere, Jack Goff in one of the Nobody-pays-attention-to-the Vauxhall Insignias popped up in second place. This season could live up to the hype.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 29, 2014

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Tomorrow's BTCC meeting has a very simple reason to expect entertainment: there's 30 cars in the grid, and it's Brands Hatch Indy. :getin:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Delusibeta posted:

Tomorrow's BTCC meeting has a very simple reason to expect entertainment: there's 30 cars in the grid, and it's Brands Hatch Indy. :getin:

Cant wait, what a goddamn day of racing we have tomorrow.

In other news, Jamie Whincup please gently caress off forever.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

23 cars within one second. Not much wiggle room for an off day.

McMadCow
Jan 19, 2005

With our rifles and grenades and some help from God.
I'm a huge Plato fan, but the MG livery has gotten worse and worse since 2012. I really liked the 2012 black base livery, didn't care as much for the switch to white last year, and this years is just an ugly rolling coupon.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I'm expecting good things of Ingram, and putting that Toyota in 6th suggests he won't disappoint.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I love V8 Supercars.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Ambrose needs to call them up and let them know real bogans use hammers.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Stadium Super Trucks at 2PM Eastern, streaming live here. :getin:

Daveh
Jan 18, 2005

You know what? You know what you're putting into our bodies? Death! Delicious, strawberry-flavored death!
God I missed the BTCC, that was a great set of races, the third of which was the best!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Happy to see Turk had a decent weekend. After Shedden damaged the BMW in the first race I thought it was going to be another one of those weekends when it all goes wrong.

Five champions at the top of the table only separated by 9pts; while it's advantage Jordan, it ended up being a fairly even weekend. Giovanardi is probably wondering why he decided to come back. Menu looked a bit like somebody trying too hard, over-driving it and being an accident magnet. Marc Hynes wins the damp squib award; clearly there's a lot of cobwebs to sweep away. I have no faith in Aron Smith to race without damaging causing damage.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Incase you missed it or are an American like me, a cool rear end dude uploaded this weekends BTCC race on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Oha-gc9_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7MoRIysNuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=047N8iOiHdc

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Visor cam, gently caress yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWpUqIWs4J4

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

IMSA changing some officiating rules and the wave by / pass by procedures.

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/102416-imsa-announces-modifications-to-competition-procedures

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

George Zimmer posted:

Incase you missed it or are an American like me, a cool rear end dude uploaded this weekends BTCC race on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Oha-gc9_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7MoRIysNuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=047N8iOiHdc

I haven't watch much BTCC but this is pretty freaking awesome.

And I think Jack Goff might be the best name ever. poor guy.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Personperson14 posted:

I haven't watch much BTCC but this is pretty freaking awesome.

And I think Jack Goff might be the best name ever. poor guy.

He used to be in a totally poo poo car but now he gets mentions 100x more during the weekend its great.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Uncle Jam posted:

He used to be in a totally poo poo car but now he gets mentions 100x more during the weekend its great.

He hasn't changed car.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

George Zimmer posted:

Is that loving Red Dead Redemption gunfight music playing in the background when they're going through the grid positions?

...Holy poo poo, it totally is. :suspense:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

ITV have chosen some weird poo poo for their grid music before so it doesn't surprise me :)

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Super GT season opener is starting in a bit. Stream here

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Jake Soo posted:

Super GT season opener is starting in a bit. Stream here

My Japanese is a little bit rusty, but I'm pretty sure someone just said "Boogity boogity boogity"

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Hatsune Miku Z4 :japan:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

:siren: It's raining :siren:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Meanwhile in Australia, I got genuinely emotional watching Lee Holdsworth take Erebus's first win in the V8s. Super work from them.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Dudley posted:

Meanwhile in Australia, I got genuinely emotional watching Lee Holdsworth take Erebus's first win in the V8s. Super work from them.

That was awesome. And the 20 year old's reaction to placing second at Clipsal was also amazing.

I wish we had a V8SC thread or something. No one I knows watches it. :(

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Ziploc posted:

That was awesome. And the 20 year old's reaction to placing second at Clipsal was also amazing.

I wish we had a V8SC thread or something. No one I knows watches it. :(

Closest thing to it is this thread so post away anything V8SC related. Blancpain is starting up this weekend at Monza with 44 or so cars going.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
I never miss a V8SC race. It's some of the best racing on the planet.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

HPD's 2015 P2 Coupe:

Other than the Comet-esque brake cooling ducts, I actually think it looks pretty cool. Don't think they have any orders as of yet.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

BMB5150 posted:

Closest thing to it is this thread so post away anything V8SC related. Blancpain is starting up this weekend at Monza with 44 or so cars going.

I'm really excited for Blancpain this season. 44 is a way more reasonable number than 65. Plus, they're gonna do a sprint race at Brand's Hatch :)

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

What is the best way to watch V8SC? Can I purchase/watch V8 Super View from the US without a proxy? I would rather not resort to :filez:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Diplomat posted:

What is the best way to watch V8SC? Can I purchase/watch V8 Super View from the US without a proxy? I would rather not resort to :filez:

The races usually get uploaded to youtube. And don't get taken down at all IIRC.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Get ready for more performance balance whining, first P2 car is 6th in first Long Beach practice.

e: Also Wayne Taylor Racing has a new primary sponsor in Konica Minolta.

Also an excuse to post this beautiful thing

Cygni fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 11, 2014

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

Cygni posted:

Get ready for more performance balance whining, first P2 car is 6th in first Long Beach practice.

Yep, already calling for taking the restrictor away and better tires, so P2s back where they are and much faster than the DPs. Don't get me wrong, they still need to do some tweaking, but lets race first.

e: Also talking with a friend, maybe those DP teams are a bit better coordinated. I don't know going against Ganassi, AXR and SDR (Pratt and Miller DP Satellite teams), along with some others are better than loving Scott Sharp and the CEO of Patron and a team that had no competition until Rebellion kicked Muscle Milk's rear end.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 11, 2014

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Watched the last IMSA practice tonight. DP drivers were really trying to muscle out of the hairpin, astounded nobody managed to smack the outside wall. Also the Mazda diesel is super quiet (as expected) and might run the risk of inadvertently causing a wreck on the slow sections if a DP or P2 roll up behind.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I am a tard and posted in the wrong thread.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
Long Beach http://www.fanschoice.tv/watch-live/imsa/tudor

e: above isnt working http://www.imsa.com/camera/united-sportscar/live-broadcast

CactusWeasle fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Great crowd out here today. Never seen a sports car race live. PUMPED.

*edit*
Start your engines guy sounded like a tool.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 12, 2014

• Locked thread