Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Hulk strongest one there is!

seriously, he is better than those 3

I suppose, if you like that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Lechtansi posted:

Is there a particular OP ms marvel build? Iv been using lunge build but I don't have the warsuit so I'm feeling a bit lackluster.

I ran with the following for multiple prestiges. I never found the flight suit but did have an Eidolon Warwear from 45-60.

Max:

Mighty Punch
Kree Toughness
Cosmic Haymaker
Infused Regeneration
Photonic Wave
Flight of the Warbird

One pointers:
Crashdown Strike (I used this as a point dump as well)
Radiant Cascade
Flight
Warbird Charge (primary movement skill)
Defiant Escape

I usually ran Kurse medal. Seer's Brilliance on a l25 defense Uru since the xp and spirit effects helped in leveling and she is plenty durable already. 3x hela 1x odin blessings. I rotated artifacts as levels permitted but ended up using Idol of Khonshu/mark of the Odinborn/Advanced Metasensory/Advanced Supersoldier Serum. I'm sure there's a better combo but it was a nice mix of offense/health/spirit/spirit recovery.

Never stop moving unless you're haymakering/punching bosses/elites but be sure to Crashdown when it's off cooldown to proc Flight of the Warbird (use lunge/charge before 47 for this).

Ms M is baller as F

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

chumbler posted:

A couple questions for those who play Squirrel Girl. Is her squirrel summoning passive a one point wonder? It looks like it scales rather poorly per point, but it's also her unique mechanic and will be constantly in play, so I'm debating whether to bother much with it while leveling or once I hit max.

Second question: I recall general consensus months ago was that was her melee options are bad. Is that still the case, should I ever be able to resist the siren call of hulkbuster squirrels?

I guess there might be a mathematically better build out there (and I know basically nothing about Squirrel Girl) but it strikes me as kind of wrong to not run her as a pet-master type of character. It would be like playing Nightcrawler but not using his teleport-attack powers, or playing cap without shield throws...

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Just finished the story for the first time as Luke Cage. I'm gonna probably retcon tomorrow and start worrying about gear. This game is fun. I can't decide if I wanna prestige Luke once or move straight to my other characters once I get him up to 60.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 3, 2014

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler

WarLocke posted:

I guess there might be a mathematically better build out there (and I know basically nothing about Squirrel Girl) but it strikes me as kind of wrong to not run her as a pet-master type of character. It would be like playing Nightcrawler but not using his teleport-attack powers, or playing cap without shield throws...

If you're playing Squirrel Girl without a Trask Commander Helm, Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, and Symbiote Infestation then son, I don't know what to tell you.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Harlock posted:

How many boosts did you buy?

I wasn't using any new boosts, just stuff I've had on for a while. Lots of +credit find stuff though.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WarLocke posted:

There's nowhere else worth putting points but her defensive passives.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Is the Thing still bad? Last I heard he was terrible but I got him from BOGO. Should I even bother?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Is the Thing still bad? Last I heard he was terrible but I got him from BOGO. Should I even bother?

Still bad.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

Nativity In Black posted:

Just finished the story for the first time as Luke Cage. I'm gonna probably retcon tomorrow and start worrying about gear. This game is fun. I can't decide if I wanna prestige Luke once or move straight to my other characters once I get him up to 60.

I like to keep someone I like at 60 at all times so I can jump in a cosmic terminal group/60 xdef/bovineheim if goons are lfg.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You can get more DR out of other medallions

Actually, going to take this back: I thought level 60 Madame Hydra was 395 untyped DR, not 593, so it is actually a better damage-dealing medallion than Kingpin.

However, Kingpin has up to 1k health on it and is also way easier to get (run Fisk Tower terminal, fly to the boss) compared to Madame Hydra (play X-Def, hope that she spawns, hope that she drops her medallion), so I would say it's still a good pick until you can find a good Hydra medallion.

Lechtansi posted:

Is there a particular OP ms marvel build? Iv been using lunge build but I don't have the warsuit so I'm feeling a bit lackluster.

She's "just" good, not "OP." Let's not pretend she's on the same level as Storm or SW or IM.

This the one I use: http://marvelbase.com/builds/generator/ms-marvel#2K2K2K2K2p1vKvK2vvKv/221.116.253.196.214.10.3.12.0.234 (last artefact should be an Advanced Kung-Fu Training Sequence)

Your rotation is Crashdown to proc Flight of the Warbird > Photonic Wave to spend PE and put the DoT on them > Cosmic Haymaker/Mighty Punch until Crashdown is off cooldown (you want to stop using Haymaker when you still have ~50 spirit left so you can Crashdown+Wave without having to wait for your spirit to come back, as keeping Flight of the Warbird up 100% of the time is important) > Crashdown to refresh Flight of the Warbird > etc.

Pop your signature every 25s except when fighting bosses (in which case, pop it whenever you need the 4s of 50% damage).

If you put an invuln core on her costume, you should be 100% fine until you find the Flight Suit (she has strong regen).

Away all Goats posted:

He's still really bad, but since HT got a review fairly recently and both Sue Storm and Reed Richards are due out in the next three months, I think it's a pretty good bet that Thing will get his review before July.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 3, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kheldarn posted:

Correct. Pubbies can't understand that this wave, the objective is to Save The Citizens, and DO NOT KILL PYRO!. Don't matter WHO you use, you kill Pyro, you lose.

Goons, once told about it, grasp the concept. Pubbies are still arguing about it on the forums.

If you kill Pyro the civilians are saved, so the pubbies have a point. What they're forgetting is that this is training, and on that wave you're being trained to save people and dodge damage rather than fight.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Sion posted:

Are you getting any error messages? Try running it as an administrator.

On those occasions when it bothered to throw up an error message, it was about running out of video memory for non-texture stuff.

Running as an administrator didn't help, and neither did veryfing Steam cache.

I know that my machine is getting long in the tooth, but it runs Diablo 3 just fine, and MH doesn't appear to be more intensive, graphics-wise.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Ephemeron posted:

On those occasions when it bothered to throw up an error message, it was about running out of video memory for non-texture stuff.

I know that my machine is getting long in the tooth, but it runs Diablo 3 just fine, and MH doesn't appear to be more intensive, graphics-wise.

Update your graphics card driver.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Also, Marvel Heroes is very badly optimised UE3, and Diablo 3 is an engine designed to scale down really well. Being able to run D3 on low settings is in no way an indication of your computer's ability to run MH. :v:

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Ephemeron posted:

I can run Diablo 3 with everything on high except shadows at constant 60 fps. Marvel Heroes with everything on low run like complete dogshit in big fights. Both are in fullscreen windowed at 1080p. It's really badly optimized.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

WarLocke posted:

Pet damage is terrible and it's not worth gearing for, but even in good non-pet-focused aspergers-approved builds it's worth maxing Squirrel Friend to keep the squirrels flowing and their attendant buffs maxed.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Does Nightcrawler's classic costume still have the dumb swords? If so I wish Gaz would update him with the Punisher tech so the swords only show up if you have points in sword skills. Old-school Nightcrawler was all about the teleporting punchy and kicky stuff. :colbert:

VVV: I am not totally awake but who is SG? Do you mean Scarlet Witch?

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 3, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Are the BW and SG reworks coming out together or is SGs coming out earlier? I just read that BWs might be coming out by the end of the month and I hope thats not the case for SGs :(.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

WarLocke posted:

Does Nightcrawler's classic costume still have the dumb swords? If so I wish Gaz would update him with the Punisher tech so the swords only show up if you have points in sword skills. Old-school Nightcrawler was all about the teleporting punchy and kicky stuff. :colbert:

Except he's always, even in 'classic', had a love of classic, Errol Flynn swashbuckling.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Bloodly posted:

Except he's always, even in 'classic', had a love of classic, Errol Flynn swashbuckling.

But he didn't actually carry swords around. Look I just want a no-swords costume, okay? :colbert:

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

WarLocke posted:

Squirrel Girl

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

WarLocke posted:

I swear I saw a Gaz post saying they were working on doing that for him, fwiw.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Preheated Toast posted:

If you're playing Squirrel Girl without a Trask Commander Helm, Girdle of Frost Giant Strength, and Symbiote Infestation then son, I don't know what to tell you.

You forgot about your death seed

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

What is this BOGO you guys are talking about?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vincent posted:

What is this BOGO you guys are talking about?

Buy one get one free, it was last weekend.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Buy one get one free, it was last weekend.

Yeah, occasionally they do BOGO sales for heroes or costumes in the store. Best thing is they don't pull any sort of "equal or lesser value" thing, so it's possible to buy a 200 splinter hero and pull a random 600 splinter hero from the box they give you, though the freebie might just be an ult token.

Spudsly
Jul 11, 2006

Suprfli6 posted:

I asked last page but it wasn't answered- How does RIF/SIF work with chests? Should I swap into a RIF gear set before opening cosmic chests or will that not do anything? I know those stats have pretty minor impacts but it can't hurt (unless you believe the marvel forums which have numerous theories about stacking rif/sif actually hurting your drops...)

I guess this was mostly answered before. But I'm sure swapping gear would work (is it worth it? god no.), many people switch characters before the chest and in principal that changes what they receive from the chest so that implies the loot isn't set when the chest spawns. Maybe you could have a SIF/RIF character you just load up if you and switch to if you are looking for all/all stuff and that would be a manageable task.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Yes, but Gaz said they're working on tech that hides them when you don't have points in a sword skill.

(You should have points in a sword skill though.)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Nativity In Black posted:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's more effective to level up a handful of characters to 60 before you start prestiging, because you get the synergy bonuses that way.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, but Gaz said they're working on tech that hides them when you don't have points in a sword skill.

(You should have points in a sword skill though.)

Nightcrawler starts with a point in Sabre Swipe so you can't not have a point in a sword skill. I still wish he didn't have them showing.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

triplexpac posted:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's more effective to level up a handful of characters to 60 before you start prestiging, because you get the synergy bonuses that way.

It is. I've only prestiged once (Moon Knight, because he has a maxed Gungnir and I wanted to have fun with 95% critical/95% brutal), and screw doing that with less than 100% bonus XP.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

rantmo posted:

Nightcrawler starts with a point in Sabre Swipe so you can't not have a point in a sword skill. I still wish he didn't have them showing.

Yeah but I'm sure that would be considered.

Like probably not when they first make the change, but 2 weeks down the line or so.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
So, patch tomorrow, no Team Ups, Old Man Thor, Winter Soldier Cap, and Fear Itself Black Widow?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Patch in 15 minutes, no notes yet. :gaz:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Diabetic posted:

So, patch tomorrow, no Team Ups, Old Man Thor, Winter Soldier Cap, and Fear Itself Black Widow?

Then who cares?

(Besides Gunjin.)

Edit: oh wait, it's not even her review.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 3, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quote not edit.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/comment/1027874#Comment_1027874

Cosmic prestige was serious, enjoy your poopsocking.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

"Mortal Strike is a boss-only affix and on hit, prevents a hero from healing for two seconds. It’s duration will appear in your Debuff panel on the lower right."

Oh, good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

doing this immediately, see y'all at 60

• Locked thread