Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

laz0rbeak posted:

And Hogan calls him "baldy" during the video hype package, which is maybe the most hilarious example of WWE babyfaces being hypocritical scumbags.

"Mother Nature beat me in a hair match, brother."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know if I'm lucky or what, but I haven't seen half the problems others have. The only issue I've noticed is the skip back 10 seconds every once in a while. And I can run the program in Chrome at work and at home. Computer technology is weird.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Spikeguy posted:

I don't know if I'm lucky or what, but I haven't seen half the problems others have. The only issue I've noticed is the skip back 10 seconds every once in a while. And I can run the program in Chrome at work and at home. Computer technology is weird.

Yeah it's the same with me. I've yet to encounter an error that a refresh doesn't fix. The only issue I've had is that it doesn't work at all on my HTPC despite it having an almost identical setup to my laptop. It's not biggie since I can just plug my laptop into the TV, but I can't figure out what's wrong.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
The only issue I've had recently is that videos skip forward ten seconds randomly in Firefox, which is a bit annoying if you don't catch it fast enough.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll be at the event so I won't be able to see how the Network works as it's happened but I'll definitly be interested in hearing about it afterwords. I hope it goes off without a hitch because I don't want people to quit the Network because it has the potential to be the best service for wrestling fans ever.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Spikeguy posted:

I'll be at the event so I won't be able to see how the Network works as it's happened but I'll definitly be interested in hearing about it afterwords. I hope it goes off without a hitch because I don't want people to quit the Network because it has the potential to be the best service for wrestling fans ever.

This is my fear. I love the Network and want it to succeed, but I worry that if Wrestlemania has some major issues, it will basically kill it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

Watch it on mobile in the audience.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Lex Luger's American flag pants never stop looking like the tackiest thing on Earth.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

ZDar Fan posted:

Lex Luger's American flag pants never stop looking like the tackiest thing on Earth.

You think anybody wants a flying forearm to the face while he's wearing those bad boys? Forget about it.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

ZDar Fan posted:

For me, the height of the ham-handed tacky American Lex gimmick is in the "I'll Be Your Hero" music video, where they show him sleeping on the bus while hugging an American flag pillow. Even at 9 years old I wasn't buying a second of it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

ZDar Fan posted:

Why do you hate freedom?

:911:

MrTpug posted:

Been watching alot of old WCW ppvs....holy crap, Dean Malenko was a god drat machine...

Dude wrestled like a loving Terminator.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 3, 2014

MrTpug
Feb 16, 2011

Been watching alot of old WCW ppvs....holy crap, Dean Malenko was a god drat machine...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MrTpug posted:

Deano Machino. It's too bad he made Lance Storm look like the freakin' Rock, personality-wise.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

MrTpug posted:

The opening match of Starrcade '97 (Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko). Every move is so drat crisp and on point it's almost distracting.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

For something similar (as far as I know it's not on the Network yet), Eddie vs Dean 2 of 3 falls in ECW is as close to technically perfect as any match ever has been. The chain wrestling is absolutely incredible.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

WrasslorMonkey posted:

The opening match of Starrcade '97 (Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko). Every move is so drat crisp and on point it's almost distracting.

That is pretty much their worst match together. I don't even really mean that as a compliment, it's not great.

To me the peak of Deano-Machino is vs Ultimo Dragon at Starrcade 96. I've always preferred it to the ECW 2/3 falls match, maybe because seeing how over Dean got to a WCW crowd is that much cooler.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 3, 2014

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

So I'm watching the 1998 Raw episode that is currently up (the Tyson episode) and there is this weird NWA title match, along with Barry Windham "turning" and going with the NWA. During the match Jim Cornette talked about how the NWA was going to destroy the WWF.

Can someone explain what exactly I was watching? Was this some kind of lame attempt to copy the NWO?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Acrolos posted:

So I'm watching the 1998 Raw episode that is currently up (the Tyson episode) and there is this weird NWA title match, along with Barry Windham "turning" and going with the NWA. During the match Jim Cornette talked about how the NWA was going to destroy the WWF.

Can someone explain what exactly I was watching? Was this some kind of lame attempt to copy the NWO?

I watched this last night and was scratching my head as well. I just assumed that yes, it was a lovely NWO-lite thing.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Having a Mania party on Sunday and I'm scared the feed will poo poo a brick.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I hope On Demand still works if the feed dies, so at least I can entertain everyone with WCW PPVs

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I watched this last night and was scratching my head as well. I just assumed that yes, it was a lovely NWO-lite thing.
I brought it up last night when I was watching it on the live stream and yeah:

EasyEW posted:

Pretty much. Jim Cornette brought in what was left of the NWA to prove a point about "real wrestling", which in this case included stuff like DQs for throwing a guy over the top rope. It was also how Dan Severn began his year with the Fed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

If it fucks up have some WCW qued up and have a Nitro party.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

bobkatt013 posted:

If it fucks up have some WCW qued up and have a Nitro party.

You're gonna need a LOT more booze.

And some Goldberg signs to hand out.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I'm going to be watching with three people who haven't watched any wresting in 10 years (and one who hasn't watched any at all), so if Wrestlemania fucks up I guess we will watch bad WCW and ECW with maybe some things that aren't terrible.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Watching MitB 2013...did Barrett suffer a concussion at this show? After the sunset flip/powerbomb spot that Fandango gives him, you can see Zeb make the "he might be loopy" motion to the ref who goes over to check him.

XYZ
Aug 31, 2001

The only time that I have had a problem with the network is on Tuesdays during Main Event/WrestleMania Rewind/Countdown. Occasional freezes that resolve themselves without skipping anything, and drops in video quality. This doesn't happen any other time. VOD has been flawless for me since day 1, and other than the repeating Tyler Breeze, Arrival was perfect for me otherwise.

PC here, 25Mbit internet.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

XYZ posted:

The only time that I have had a problem with the network is on Tuesdays during Main Event/WrestleMania Rewind/Countdown. Occasional freezes that resolve themselves without skipping anything, and drops in video quality. This doesn't happen any other time. VOD has been flawless for me since day 1, and other than the repeating Tyler Breeze, Arrival was perfect for me otherwise.

PC here, 25Mbit internet.

It's been posted many times but they have also been doing internal stress testing on the network during those times, possibly to simulate a load of what they expect, if not higher, for wrestlemania.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I ordered this for Wrestlemania because I've never seen a wrestling PPV. I had Summerslam '13 as background noise while playing FTL yesterday, and it was hella dope (Alberto Del Rio loving rules). I like how there are bookmarks in the video that let you skip to the beginning or end of matches, though they all seemed to skip to just after entrances, rather than before. Anyway, good poo poo so far. I haven't watched wrestling since like 2005 so it'll be cool to see Mania.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

(Alberto Del Rio loving rules)

*gavel bang* I've got some BAD NEWS

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Deano Machino. It's too bad he made Lance Storm look like the freakin' Rock, personality-wise.

Thankfully Chris Jericho had enough personality for both himself and Stinko Malenko.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Luigi Thirty posted:

Thankfully Chris Jericho had enough personality for both himself and Stinko Malenko.

If Malenko was so good how come he lost his last WCW match vs Billy Kidman?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

flashy_mcflash posted:

*gavel bang* I've got some BAD NEWS

Aww poo poo.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I've had the live stream do the thing where it jumps forward and backward by 5 seconds a couple times. It only seems to happen right when I tune in though. After the first minute of watching it's smooth sailing.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Minidust posted:

I've had the live stream do the thing where it jumps forward and backward by 5 seconds a couple times. It only seems to happen right when I tune in though. After the first minute of watching it's smooth sailing.

Though I'm starting to wonder if it's internet connections as well because I was watching a YouShoot on KC On Demand the other night and I had the exact same issue that I have with the Network where it skips back a few seconds before immediately righting itself.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Alberto Del Rio is good at wrestling hater vacate

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

DannoMack posted:

Alberto Del Rio is good at wrestling hater vacate

Del Rio rules (Except at being popular)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Del Rio is basically Alex Wright without the dancing.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I like how Tyson yelled human being to cap off that 98 Raw.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Endless Mike posted:

I brought it up last night when I was watching it on the live stream and yeah:

The NWA "invasion" was a fun little lampshade to hang on the Attitude Era, but Jeff Jarrett being back on that silly neon horse two months later should tell you how seriously the threat was taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

MassRafTer posted:

Del Rio is basically Alex Wright without the dancing.

So nothing like Alex Wright at all. Him and Disco were my favorite tag team in WCW, I have no shame for my love of the Boogie Knights.