Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Just need Skunk and Peter to get there initiative rolls in.

Then we can tear this poo poo up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Or blow things up!

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
Whoops, completely missed that I'd been inserted into the scene.

Peter:

Initiative: 7d6t5: 3+7=10

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Skunk

Initiative: 7d6t5 1

Figures. Real life, virtual, dice hate me. I mean: 7d6t5: 1 [7d6t5=1, 5, 1, 1, 4, 4, 2

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Ok! Back from the field, done with a hellish week of work. You'd think they'd give us a quiet week after being out in the tundra for 11 days, but no, the Brigade Commander decides to have a corporate America-style "vision quest," and of course as the senior Company Commander in my Battalion I get sent to it. Whatever. Weekend has been nice and relaxing, though. Beer is bottled, dogs are walked, wife is watching Women Behind Bars, back to Shadowrun.

Initiative!

13. Vic Danilov - Initiative: 9d6t5 4
12. Katrina - Initiative: 10d6t5 2
10. Jelena (2 passes)
10. Serena
10. Peter

10. Vanya - Initiative: 6d6t5 4 (2 passes)
8. Skunk (2 passes)
7. Gia

And Vic doesn't even have any initiative enhancers. Guess being an Elf pays off. Let me know if anyone else has multiple passes that I missed.

Let's see if anyone in the car figures out that Jelena is coming after them:

Vic: Notice Jelena's maneuvers: 2d6t5 2 (nope)
Katrina: Notice Jelena's maneuvers: 5d6t5 1 (nope)
Vanya: Notice Jelena's maneuvers: 6d6t5 1 (nope!)

Vic spots Jelena's ride accelerating towards his Skoda. He doesn't immediately guess that he's in trouble, but he steps on the gas to avoid being rear-ended.

"Stupid loving oval office," Katrina mutters from the passenger seat. Vic just shakes his head. Vanya looks out the back windshield and scowls at Jelena and company. He half-draws his Shiawase Heavy Tactical just in case.

They're all Delaying their Actions. You guys go.

Martello fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 9, 2014

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

I have 2 passes.
Going by the book it's only threshold 1 for a simple manoeuvre on a highway? Seems low for all the dice I get.

I'm looking to get into Short Range if I win the opposed role.

Chase Combat opening role.

Opposed vehicle test:
Reaction + Skill + Handling + extra vehicle modifier = 5 + 12 + 2 + 2 = 21

Opposed Vehicle Test.: 21d6t1 21

I may have gotten this wrong

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

IllustriousChen posted:

Vozač

I have 2 passes.
Going by the book it's only threshold 1 for a simple manoeuvre on a highway? Seems low for all the dice I get.

I'm looking to get into Short Range if I win the opposed role.

Chase Combat opening role.

Opposed vehicle test:
Reaction + Skill + Handling + extra vehicle modifier = 5 + 12 + 2 + 2 = 21

Opposed Vehicle Test.: 21d6t1 21

I may have gotten this wrong

You did indeed screw up the roll. You have to put in 21d6t5, since 5 and 6 are the targets. You got 6 successes.

So did Vic: Opposed Vehicle Check: 14d6t5 6

You win the Check because your Edge is 3 and Vic's is 2.

Jelena jinks left, cutting off a drone cargo hauler. The hauler blares its horn at her. She pulls up next to the Skoda.

You're in Short Range. Time to blast away. Attack in Initiative order, naturally. Everyone has the option of attacking the vehicle itself, or passengers inside. Let me know which.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

Okay, I've figured out my error. Misread the hits I needed as the threshold.

Shifting up into high gear, the background receding into a tunnel of blurred neon and dulled engine noise, Jelena steals a glance at the bemused looks of the three in the Skoda.

"Hold on to something." she shouts, her cyberware singing as she slams the car sideways into the Vorys ride.

Ramming Speed!

Reaction + Skill + Handling = 5 + 12 + 2 = 19

Destruction Derby was a hell of a game.: 19d6t5 9

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

ooc: drat it Martello, you come back when I have to leave for business. :argh:
I'm going to be away till Apr 21st or the 22nd.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

IllustriousChen posted:

Vozač

Okay, I've figured out my error. Misread the hits I needed as the threshold.

Shifting up into high gear, the background receding into a tunnel of blurred neon and dulled engine noise, Jelena steals a glance at the bemused looks of the three in the Skoda.

"Hold on to something." she shouts, her cyberware singing as she slams the car sideways into the Vorys ride.

Ramming Speed!

Reaction + Skill + Handling = 5 + 12 + 2 = 19

Destruction Derby was a hell of a game.: 19d6t5 9

Defense against ramming: 14d6t5 4
Resist ramming damage: 13d6t5 4

Vic whips his steering wheel, trying to veer out of the way of Jelena's Hyundai. He's not fast enough, not by a longshot. The Hyundai's front end smashes into the Skoda's left rear quarter-panel, smashing the armor and the bodywork beneath. The Skoda starts to go into a spin. Vic desperately wrenches at the wheel...

Avoid crashing: 14d6t5 4

...and pulls out of the spin. He steps on the gas and straightens out.

AmyL posted:

ooc: drat it Martello, you come back when I have to leave for business. :argh:
I'm going to be away till Apr 21st or the 22nd.

Do you want me to act for you or do you want us to wait? You can go right now if you have time, since it's your turn.

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

ooc: Please act for me, I have to get ready to go to Ohio by car in a few hours.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

I have to wait until my turn to act? I just wanna shoot my gun :(

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Yes you have to wait, crazy, this is a TURN-BASED game.

Serena draws her Predator, lowers the window, and fires at the Skoda. She's aiming at Vanya, his hulking form just barely visible through the tinted windows.

Shoot at Vanya: 7d6t5 4
Shoot at Vanya again: 7d6t5 3

Vanya hears the impact of bullets on glass and tries to melt into the seat.

Not gonna bother posting his rolls, but he rolled 3 successes once so I'll call it twice. Even with his Good Cover bonus, not so great.

He takes the first hit, second misses. DV is 7 plus net hit of 1 equals 8. His Armor is not exceeded, so he will take Stun damage.

Resist damage: 20d6t5 7

A fragment of armored glass and part of a bullet hits Vanya in the shoulder. He grunts. "That loving hurt, loving bitch!"

Next.

I'll try to be faster with the next post, work is slowing down a bit and I have a 4-day weekend for Easter. I was gonna post last weekend but it was my birthday so I was busy. 29, getting old.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
For ease of play, we'll say Skunk did his vehicle rolls and he's right behind Vic's car. Vic is in the center lane, Jelena is in the left lane trying to smash him off into the slow lane, and Skunk is behind.

First Spear
Jun 27, 2008
Sorry, had a more involved post going but then work picked up and I never finished it. For now, Peter's just gonna delay his action and keep his head down, 'cause he has no idea what the gently caress to do. Ramming them on the highway took him by surprise.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Vanya rolls down his window (Simple Action) and fires his Shiawase Heavy Tactical at the Hyundai (Simple Action).

Shoot at Jelena's car: 11d6t5 2

Given the close proximity of the two cars, this is a success test which he passed. Now the vehicle resists damage as normal.

Chen, go ahead and roll your vehicle's damage test.

Skunk, you're up.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Vozač

The heavy thunk of rounds hitting the car cut a clear contrast to the roar of the engine.

Suck it up Sally.: 12d6t5 5

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Kj is going to post soon, he swears to me for the last week. Interviews or something. Why can't everyone just join the Army and have eternal job security like me? :mil101:

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Sorry for the delay. Personal stuff, job stuff, illness, blah blah blah. I'll be posting more again.

Skunk thinks, "So much for this being low key! Well, let's focus on killing this guy and covering it up later."

Skunk, rigged into his car, orders it to get close but not hit the target's car. He pulls out his uzi and hangs out the car window. Skunk sticks his tongue out instinctively, squints to focus his eyes, aims generally at the now broken window at the back of the target car and aims for its driver. He squeezes off a few rounds.

Short narrow burst: 8d6t5 5 Whoot! For a change!

Uzi 7P+2P narrow burst, if he hits...?

Edit: Oops. Forgot about the smartlink. Next time then. I'll keep the 5 successes!

kangaroojunk fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 22, 2014

kangaroojunk
Aug 17, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Martello, I was going to join the military, but, like everything else, I couldn't. Because I am short.

Like, I can't give blood because I am short.

So, yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Yeah so...

sorry guys, I had poo poo going on but nothing that excuses over a month of radio silence. If you're all still in, let me know. I'll keep going as if you are.

Vic sees Skunk stick the Uzi out the window and tries to slide down in his seat to duck the incoming rounds.

Duck (REA + 3 for being in a moving vehicle): 8d6t5 3

Next time, Vic!

He has an Armor Vest, B6, versus the modified damage of 11P. Let's see how he rolls...

Resist damage: 10d6t5 3

He takes 8 boxes of Physical. Dude's fairly hosed up.

Vic grunts in pain as bullets rip through the driver's seat into his upper back. He spits blood on the windshield and struggles to maintain control of the car.

Makes sense: Maintain control of car after being shot: 8d6t5 3

That's with the -2 wound modifier. And he just makes it. I'm calling it a Hard action, threshold of 3.

Hey Mercedes, you can finally shoot your gun!

• Locked thread