Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Would you say GW2 lets you Play How You Want To.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Visidan posted:

There's only so much you can pack into a zone event wise, especially with hearts sharing space. Only one I can think of is southsun which is pretty bare.

Hopefully those dead npcs will be helped with the MEGASERVERS™
Also, there's actually a lot of events that don't happen often, either because they bug out or because they require a certain threshhold of players before they'll activate.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

U.T. Raptor posted:

Also, there's actually a lot of events that don't happen often, either because they bug out or because they require a certain threshhold of players before they'll activate.

What events are bugged in your opinion? Because while lack of people/organization is an issue that some major events don't happen, especially poo poo like Orr temples (which will all be fixed once the megaserver stuff rolls out), I don't think there are very many if any that are actually bugged anymore. The official forums seem to agree with me.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

CLAM DOWN posted:

What events are bugged in your opinion? Because while lack of people/organization is an issue that some major events don't happen, especially poo poo like Orr temples (which will all be fixed once the megaserver stuff rolls out), I don't think there are very many if any that are actually bugged anymore. The official forums seem to agree with me.

Frostgorge Sound occassionally has events wig out and have no new event mobs spawn. A rarity, but I've seen it happen on Piken a few times before.

EDIT: Pretty hilarious, a desolate ice waste left desolate, Jormag's Claw occasionally swooping in and flying off again because no-one is really in the map because no mobs, no champs, no train.

EDIT: gently caress, what if this endemic across all servers? :(

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 7, 2014

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

ShadowMoo posted:

Hah, no pressure. A logical extension of me acting like a fool is that some people won't like it. Between making the effort to censor myself or accepting the results of not doing so, I chose the latter.

FYI, this bolded part right here is porbably why GOON and SFD don't want you. Not making lovely jokes about rape or ironic racism is not self censorship, you pretentious crybaby.

God I hate nerds.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Probably been asked before but what weapons and builds are good for levelling guardians?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Dugong posted:

Probably been asked before but what weapons and builds are good for levelling guardians?

Hammer is great, you are practically invincible with permanent -33% damage suffered.

As for traits, get Radiance 15 for Justice is Blind (Virtue of Justice blinds nearby enemies) and Renewed Justice (Virtue of Justice recharges on enemy death). Whack enemies while burning and blinding them, what's not to like?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

malhavok posted:

It was a gimmick, with the right build the pet brings you a 14s fear.

The pig is not a gimmick, it owns :colbert:

My favourite is when it digs up plasma. All buffs + that active skill that makes you attack 50% faster + Sharpening Stone + Shortbow = :getin:

hobb
Sep 20, 2001

There's also this rabbit as well. I'm not sure it actually ever moves or has a story to it, but its weird nonetheless.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

hobb posted:

There's also this rabbit as well. I'm not sure it actually ever moves or has a story to it, but its weird nonetheless.

Nulfastu Jr?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

I remember that guy because of the insane mana burns he had, and all of the stealthed trash mobs on the way down. Fun times.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Dugong posted:

For PvE? The greatsword is the best bet allround. It combines good battlefield control (5,3), mobility (3) and damage (2) into one. Hammer is also good for damage, but trades mobility and battlefield control for defensive abilities. Also, don't grab a hammer build that combines standing still in your protection buff with altruistic healing. Builds like that are good at staying alive by basically just autoattacking but not much else compared to basically any other build out there. Other good single target combo's are sword/focus (good mobility & damage) and scepter/focus (range, control, damage (too few people give the scepter's damage the credit it deserves), while mace/focus (extremely good personal protection, good for symbol builds, lackluster single target damage but excellent aoe) is better for AoE situations.

For WvW? Just grab a staff and woosh away. Woosh Woosh Woosh.

Batham fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 7, 2014

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
"Hammer 4 is p hilarious for battlefield control, and by battlefield control I mean punting people off of cliffs."

Sun Tzu
The Art of War

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Extra posted:

Is there a non-bureaucratic non-elitist non-serious Goon guild I can join? Think BYOB but MMO guild. I just want to have a good time playing casually with friends you know? Live and let live. In the ESO guild there was this guy called Reggin who would yell at people and I didn't think that was very nice of him, are the Maguuma goons more chill?

GOON is hardly elitist. Just don't be an rear end and you'll be fine.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

ItBurns posted:

"Hammer 4 is p hilarious for battlefield control, and by battlefield control I mean punting people off of cliffs."

Sun Tzu
The Art of War

Does not work in PvE though.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Extra posted:

Is there a non-bureaucratic non-elitist non-serious Goon guild I can join? Think BYOB but MMO guild. I just want to have a good time playing casually with friends you know? Live and let live. In the ESO guild there was this guy called Reggin who would yell at people and I didn't think that was very nice of him, are the Maguuma goons more chill?

GOON is chill as hell but one time Gos (our drunk with power GM) yelled at me when she died in arah2 and it clearly wasnt my fault so that was pretty messed up but other than that it's been p great

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of hunting for traits. It will make drat sure that I see every single corner of this beautiful game.

Hell, I convinced a friend to buy it after showing them the secret Charr strawberry garden and how it was hidden, easily missable and not related to anything. It's just a beautiful area that is crafted by them devs who want to make explorers feel special.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
I heard the leader of goon squad doesn't do spvp. I can only hope such scandalous rumors are untrue.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

rap music posted:

GOON is chill as hell but one time Gos (our drunk with power GM) yelled at me when she died in arah2 and it clearly wasnt my fault so that was pretty messed up but other than that it's been p great

Look Shadow Refuge is serious business okay

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Inzombiac posted:

The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of hunting for traits. It will make drat sure that I see every single corner of this beautiful game.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that all my current traits will be automatically unlocked. I want to have to go out and hunt them all down :(

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Zhentar posted:

Honestly, I'm disappointed that all my current traits will be automatically unlocked. I want to have to go out and hunt them all down :(

Time for an alt! :v:

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

rap music posted:

Was the death on land or underwater? The circumstances might help you out of this.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
So when the update goes live next week, will the Monthly Achievement reward be reset? I.E. if I already did the 2/2 Monthly Achievements right now, will I be able to do them again and get another 10 laurels and such?

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
I'm not sure what will happen after the 15th but the April Monthly only requiring 2 categories means it's most likely going away. (Probably be something based of reward tracks, maybe)

hobb
Sep 20, 2001
Well there's this:

quote:

Because the feature pack comes halfway through the month, April’s monthly achievements will be a special case. Until April 15, the PvE and PvP monthly categories will be separate and require only two achievements for completion. After April 15, there will be a single unified set of monthlies and dailies, and monthly completion will again require four total achievements.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-reward-tracks-and-gear-unification/

Makes it sound like until the 15th you can do 2 for each, then after when they merge pve/pvp into one monthly its 4/4. If that resets progress or not I don't think anyone knows.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I think they said they would be combined. So there will just be one monthly and one daily, no split between pve and pvp anymore.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

"Your screenshot folder is full."

:smith:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

shrach posted:

I think they said they would be combined. So there will just be one monthly and one daily, no split between pve and pvp anymore.

On the other hand, it's not that much of a pain to get 2/2 before the 15th if it means you get a shot at another monthly.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Das Butterbrot posted:

The pig is not a gimmick, it owns :colbert:

My favourite is when it digs up plasma. All buffs + that active skill that makes you attack 50% faster + Sharpening Stone + Shortbow = :getin:

I like the pig pets, too. The Gunk one from the warthog and boar is usually pretty good, it inflicts AOE random conditions a few times. I just wish activating the forage skill would automatically give you the item, sometimes it's difficult to pick it up. If they changed that it would be much better. Now I just activate it before heading in to combat and use it as an opener.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

ItBurns posted:

On the other hand, it's not that much of a pain to get 2/2 before the 15th if it means you get a shot at another monthly.

They did say it would be fresh monthly.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

its easy because you only need to do 4 dailies and then buy 500 items to diassemble for the two monthlies.

April is split into two halves. First half is now with halfed rewards in the old system. Second half is after the patch with halfed rewards in the new sytem.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Turncoat Mommy posted:

I heard the leader of goon squad doesn't do spvp. I can only hope such scandalous rumors are untrue.

Even Arus esports. Even Arus.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

its easy because you only need to do 4 dailies and then buy 500 items to diassemble for the two monthlies.

April is split into two halves. First half is now with halfed rewards in the old system. Second half is after the patch with halfed rewards in the new sytem.

You can also get the 500 quickly by running WvW for a bit and mashing 1. There are many bags to be had from running over DB and JQ.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

GI_Clutch posted:

You can also get the 500 quickly by running WvW for a bit and mashing 1. There are many bags to be had from running over DB and JQ.

Which should get you the 50 monthly wvwvw kills in short order also.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Any EU goons playing on the US? Any lag issues? Dont want to take a chance if it needs me to pony up 1200 gems. I'm a poor who cant buy it with gold. :smith:

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules

Thyrork posted:

Any EU goons playing on the US? Any lag issues? Dont want to take a chance if it needs me to pony up 1200 gems. I'm a poor who cant buy it with gold. :smith:

I'm in the UK and play on a US server. Never had any issues at all!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

its easy because you only need to ... buy 500 items to diassemble for the two monthlies.

It's probably easier to just bust out 12 jumping puzzles. While there are a lot of difficult ones, I just do these ones:

• Troll cave in Lion's Arch
  • Indiana Jones in Old Ascalon
  • The two easy Diessa Plateau ones that are next to each other
  • Swashbuckler's in Gendarren
  • Observatory in Kessex
  • Demongrub in Queensdale
  • Morgan's Leap / Troll Cave / Spekk's Lab in Caledon
  • Goemm's Lab in Metrica
  • Shaman's Rookery in Wayfarer

All of these are pretty quick and easy (you can skip the ghosts in the Gendarren one), and it usually takes me less than 2 hours to do them all.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Operation Juicebox posted:

I'm in the UK and play on a US server. Never had any issues at all!

Same.

The only downside is that you can end up playing at low pop times, but megaservers should ameliorate that.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

You forgot the easy back-to-back JPs by SE in Dredgehaunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Schpyder posted:

You forgot the easy back-to-back JPs by SE in Dredgehaunt.

Yeah, there are a couple more that are really easy, but all of the ones I listed can be done at level 30. Some of the other easy ones I've done are the Pig Iron Quarry, Crystal Cavern, the double Dredge, King Jalis, the Karka one (really easy), and the Vizier's Tower. I think all of these but the Karka and Crystal Cavern require fighting a vet though, so they can be a pain before you're level 80.

• Locked thread