Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I need some list pairing advice! Next weekend is my very first tourney, and I'm jumping into the deep end - it's a 3 list, 50 point format.

Now, I've only been playing a year and my local meta is quite small, so I haven't played against a lot of Hordes. I could use some advice on common threat ranges and what caster to drop against Circle and Legion. So far I figured Caine2 would work great against Morvana2' but then I read Krueger2s card and realized he would gently caress my poo poo up bad.

My three lists are:
Caine2 infantry spam with Alexia and the usual suspects
Haley2 with Stormwall, Thorn, Gunmages etc
Stryker2 with Stormwall, Lancer, Sword Knights and Forgeguard with Murdoch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

You can make a game with Caine2 out of the Krueger matchup if you play smartly. Use Caine to clear zones and magic bullet stuff. He can still threaten Kreuger, just indirectly - if he's close enough so that Caine starts his activation in stormwall, you're close enough to charge an infantry model close to Krueger and then light his rear end up. You should be more worried about TK helping his beasts take whole units off the table while being hard to retaliate against, and losing super hard on scenario from his feat.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 6, 2014

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

GEMorris posted:

Yes. Houseguard Halberdiers.

Also:

2x Arcanist
Houseguard Thane
Eiryss2
Sylys Wyshnalyrr
1-2x Banshee (magnetize if you want, but Banshee will be what you run that chassis as 90% of the time)
1-2x Phoenix (see above)

After that it really gets to what you want to run for tourney lists.

The top casters are eVyros and Issyria
Right below them are Rhan, Ossyan, and Ravyn and I guess Kaelyssa (only because I dont want to make another tier with one caster in it)
On the bottom are pVyros and Garryth

Houseguard Halberdiers show up in almost every caster's lists these days
eVyros and Issyria are often going to want Dawnguard Invictors (they are a very versatile unit)
Ravyn and Ossyan are often going to want 2x Stormfall Archers
Ravyn and Ossyan will often want the Mage Hunter Strikeforce
Rhan wants Battle Mages, Garryth and Issyria can run them effectively, but the most synergy is with Rhan.
Sentinels are imo, outclassed by halberdiers + thane, but you will still see them frequently in theme forces, with Kaelyssa, and with Garryth.

My 50pt Steamroller pair is eVyros and Ossyan. For masters I add Issyria. Unfortunately there is little to no model overlap between eVyros and Ossyan, and eVyros requires you to build a very specific list to take full advantage of synergy. If you are trying to ease into the faction, I'd suggest starting with Ossyan, picking up Issyria next, and then picking up eVyros 3rd.

If you want lists I can post them.

Another bonus of Ret: our battle engine and colossal are both quite good, but neither are by any means required. I can fit my 3 Masters lists in a single KR Multicase.

Thanks very much.

I'm thinking Rhan to begin with and it just happens that battle mages are one of my favourite warmachine models so I'm happy to hear they run well with him

gilljoy fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 6, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

WAR FOOT posted:

I'll be playing against Rahn tonight at 35pts. Fully expecting to have a very rough Rahn feat turn if the Mule and Rocinante can't whittle down enough mages prior to it.

Ashlynn List

Okay, I had to postpone my game but I've since played it WITH the very sexy Tactical Arcanist Corps. The advice was pretty awesome. In fact, I fit in three games!

The first was against Rahn and some Ret friends, which saw the ATGM roaming around the battlefield icing solos like nobody's business. Things were looking pretty good, except my opponent judged distance better than I, and dropped Polarity Shield. Ashlynn made her run and fell just short; in Rahn's turn he feated and Ashlynn evaporated in a magical mist. Tactical Arcanists did a lot to keep me safe from Force Nouns crossing the table, and kept the Phoenix held up for a turn as he couldn't just Combustion them away.

Game two was against 3utcher. That game was much less successful for me, as Butcher 3 pretty much plays Ashlynn's game. I successfully picked when Butcher's run was going to happen, and Feated appropriately, but he only needed to sneak through two hits with his bucket of attacks - In hindsight, I would have been better served keeping Admonition on Ashlynn rather than letting Rocinante attack then step back. Rookie mistake but one I won't forget for big assassination characters.

Game three was against eMorvana, and I don't think I won this one so much as my opponent lost. They weren't camping any Fury on Morv, and being pretty liberal with cutting to get rerolls. When she feated to bring back the Warpwolf Alpha and a few others, and having some poor attacks on her Carnivore'd Tharn vs. the ATGM meant that Ashlynn could pretty calmly feat, step foward, and Hand Cannon her right in her smug goaty face.

I think I have a lot more to learn about using the army, but that comes with more games. I think my biggest hurdle so far is unit movement - Coming from a very GW background, it's the most challenging thing to wrap my head around.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

gilljoy posted:

Thanks very much.

I'm thinking Rhan to begin with and it just happens that battle mages are one of my favourite warmachine models so I'm happy to hear they run well with him

This is also where I started with Ret, and for the same reasons. Rhan is a very strong caster but be aware of the large numbers of hard counters to his schtick.

Rhan will often play a little more solo heavy than other Ret casters thanks to his ability to clear a lane and get an MHA etc on a caster. So 2x MHA and 1-2x Magister will be things you should look into along with 1-2x units of battlemages and the Houseguard Halbs with UA and Thane.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Ashlynn is so much fun to play. I'm glad you are digging it. I try not to play her too much in my area cause I think people were getting tired of being subjected to her feat turn and all the havoc it can create. I tend to be play pretty conservative with her and her army. High Defense models and that feat mean I can stall out and army trade better than my opponents. I do like to go in the Quickened Assassination in the late game though since she can just walk though the broken army lines with Parry. Easily my favorite caster in the Merc lineup.

Movement is tricky to learn, especially I feel with Mercs since we tend to have a lot of solos, units and activations to be mindful of. The only cure is to play more games and enjoy!

Also, my Gastone Crosse arrived on my birthday. Thanks Privateer Press :3:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Crazy Ferret posted:

Ashlynn is so much fun to play. I'm glad you are digging it. I try not to play her too much in my area cause I think people were getting tired of being subjected to her feat turn and all the havoc it can create. I tend to be play pretty conservative with her and her army. High Defense models and that feat mean I can stall out and army trade better than my opponents. I do like to go in the Quickened Assassination in the late game though since she can just walk though the broken army lines with Parry. Easily my favorite caster in the Merc lineup.

Movement is tricky to learn, especially I feel with Mercs since we tend to have a lot of solos, units and activations to be mindful of. The only cure is to play more games and enjoy!

Also, my Gastone Crosse arrived on my birthday. Thanks Privateer Press :3:

Yeah, every time I feated my opponent asked to see her card. With the solos I fielded, specifically Sylyss and Rhupert, I didn't have too many movement issues - Normally it was just 'activate them before you activate the unit you're going to buff'. At 50 points however, I'm mulling over if I should add the Nyss Hunters or Boomhowler, then Gorman and Eiyriss. I think a tougher Boomhowler frontline could be good, but SP9 DEF 17 Hunters could be pretty hilarious as well...

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

WAR FOOT posted:

Yeah, every time I feated my opponent asked to see her card. With the solos I fielded, specifically Sylyss and Rhupert, I didn't have too many movement issues - Normally it was just 'activate them before you activate the unit you're going to buff'. At 50 points however, I'm mulling over if I should add the Nyss Hunters or Boomhowler, then Gorman and Eiyriss. I think a tougher Boomhowler frontline could be good, but SP9 DEF 17 Hunters could be pretty hilarious as well...

Nyss Hunters would be my choice. I feel like Ashlynn just really takes High Def models to the next level and Nyss are great with her. Honestly, She is one of the casters who can really be paired with just about any Merc Troop choice and she can do well with them. I had fun taking random stuff and just seeing what could happen. That said, Nyss bring a solid CRA bow shot and are Weapon Masters to boot with the swords which is all sorts of handy, plus throwing quicken on them for a first turn run of 18inchs is a great way to claim the best shooting spot.

Expect to discover a new definition of pain and suffering in assembling Nyss Hunters though. They were one of the worst, most difficult kits I've ever suffered though. Look nice put together though.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

I can't believe how fun Nemo3 was to play the other week at 50pts. Lightning Pods and electroleap shenanigans with the Storm Strider was great, and the best part is that my opponent was so sure that he was guaranteed to Black Oil my Stormwall next turn. Is there a reason why Stormwall+Strider aren't paired together that often? It screws with stealth so much and I'm sure that seeing that list will make any Cryx player second-guess using banes.

Edit: I'm heading to my first tourney this weekend and I just wanted to clarify, can I request that my opponent measures the distance between his Warnoun and a specific model he controls that is clearly within his control range so I can see if he's within E-Leap range of a certain target?

HiveCommander fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 7, 2014

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Oh god I'm going to end up doing a Xerxis tier list and spend a fortune on Cataphracts and a massive amount of time painting loving gold trim.

He's so loving cool.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

HiveCommander posted:

I can't believe how fun Nemo3 was to play the other week at 50pts. Lightning Pods and electroleap shenanigans with the Storm Strider was great, and the best part is that my opponent was so sure that he was guaranteed to Black Oil my Stormwall next turn. Is there a reason why Stormwall+Strider aren't paired together that often? It screws with stealth so much and I'm sure that seeing that list will make any Cryx player second-guess using banes.

Edit: I'm heading to my first tourney this weekend and I just wanted to clarify, can I request that my opponent measures the distance between his Warnoun and a specific model he controls that is clearly within his control range so I can see if he's within E-Leap range of a certain target?

Only if your opponent chooses to measure it, or if you're actually in the middle of using electro-leap.

Evilmonstar
Nov 18, 2012

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with p/e Eyriss as Cryx? Almost every single game I've played against a list with her in it, I have lost almost entirely because of some of the ridiculous shenanigans she does.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Evilmonstar posted:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with p/e Eyriss as Cryx? Almost every single game I've played against a list with her in it, I have lost almost entirely because of some of the ridiculous shenanigans she does.

Run an arc node up to within 5" and <blank> her? Where blank is a spell which deviates onto her. Giving up a Nightwretch doesn't seem like an awful trade.

Edit: Scrap that. Doesn't work on either of her. drat that's annoying.

Edit2: I guess Venom on a Denny feat, or just from a Warwitch?

Harkano fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 7, 2014

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Evilmonstar posted:

What casters are you playing? Boost to hit with any arcable spell should take her out pretty reliably. What is it in particular you're having issues with against her?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Run to engage her with two satyxis raiders.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

S.J. posted:

What casters are you playing? Boost to hit with any arcable spell should take her out pretty reliably. What is it in particular you're having issues with against her?

You can't arc a spell at her, because she has stealth, AND that thing that makes arcnodes within 5 of her shut down. So, yeah, you just can't do that.

Basically all I've ever been able to do is run something to engage her. Doesn't entirely stop her, but, you know. Better than nothing. Yeah, she loving sucks.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

!Klams posted:

You can't arc a spell at her, because she has stealth, AND that thing that makes arcnodes within 5 of her shut down. So, yeah, you just can't do that.

Basically all I've ever been able to do is run something to engage her. Doesn't entirely stop her, but, you know. Better than nothing. Yeah, she loving sucks.

I just always assume you're using sprays at her, I guess? You can also run your own dudes up right next to her, arc an AOE at your own guy and boost the blast damage on her. Again, it really depends on the casters in play. And only one of them makes arc nodes shut down within 5, he was talking about both.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 7, 2014

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

!Klams posted:

You can arc spells at pEiryss as long as the 'jack is within 5". Boost to hit with a decent focus caster and you can probably break her Defense, although behind cover she's DEF 22 unless you have something that ignores DEF buffs (making her DEF 16).

eEiryss is more complicated and I think about all you can really do is hope for a lucky spray, or engage her in melee with the Satyxis Raiders. Every game I've played with her or against her eEiryss' survival has been much more dependent on her controller's positioning of her. I've only ever managed to kill her on a lucky free strike.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My go-to solution for Eiryss is Light Cavalry. Being able to charge the long distance, get the bonus to hit, and then retreat afterwards usually gets the job done. Are Soulhunters any good?

susan
Jan 14, 2013
An alternate Cryx strategy for Eyriss: Ignore her.

If you've got a Stealth 'Caster, or one with defense from shooting (Gaspy clouds, or Termy Sac Pawn, etc), she becomes much less terrifying. And yeah, she can disrupt an arc node each round, but so what? You've got a spare if you're planning ahead, or you kept it deep in your lines until the moment it mattered. Just play your dudespam against her, rush the enemy lines, don't give a poo poo about upkeeps, and convince your opponent that they wasted 3pts in their list.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Banes. Banes are always the answer.

Evilmonstar
Nov 18, 2012

S.J. posted:

I play a lot of casters, but primarily I stick with the following:

eSkarre
eGaspy
Mortenebra

PaintVagrant posted:

Run to engage her with two satyxis raiders.

This right here seems to work the best, but in all situations what ends up happening is a few solos, a jack, or some other supporting force near Eiryss walks up and kills my engaging Satyxis. Then at that point my unit of Satyxis is weakened and its back to business as usual for Eiryss. The bright side is, it forces the opponent to commit forces to that part of the board to help eiryss deal with the situation which has some definite value. I am leaning towards this as my go-to move, at this point.

susan posted:

An alternate Cryx strategy for Eyriss: Ignore her.

Sometimes I do this and it works out, but most of the time ignoring her just allows her to use the early turns to get into an excellent position to completely shut me down later in the game... which is almost always exactly what happens.

Evilmonstar fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 7, 2014

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

Only if your opponent chooses to measure it, or if you're actually in the middle of using electro-leap.

Thanks, that helps clarify a bit. So if they sweep their control area, can I ask for the distance between his Warnoun and a specific model standing a short distance from them? If so, that's pretty handy.
What are the tips and tricks to not being sore and broken after a 4-round tourney that may not have chair availability? I doubt I'll end up winning any matches but it'll be a good experience for me. Apparently the Perth scene is pretty competitive.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
So it's not evident in any of the pics I've seen, but Horgle is straight up carrying around an anvil on his back. Hardcore.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Eyriss just straight up dies to any sort of boosted spell if she begins her activation within 19 of an arc node, espeically with stuff like puppet master (I usually run the WSC with gaspy2), seas of fate, or Morty's feat

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Hey guys,

I've had a warmachine collection for a while and am slowly painting them but it's actually coming towards crunch time of having to *gasp* play a game!

I was thinking about this for a 25pt list:

System: Warmachine
Faction: Cryx
Casters: 1/1
Iron Lich Asphyxious (*6pts)
* Deathripper (4pts)
* Deathripper (4pts)
* Slayer (6pts)
Bane Thralls (Leader and 5 Grunts) (5pts)
* Bane Thrall Officer & Standard (3pts)
Mechanithralls (Leader and 5 Grunts) (3pts)
* 1 Brute Thrall (1pts)
Pistol Wraith (3pts)
Warwitch Siren (2pts)

Nearly everything there is painted (Gaspy and Banes aren't, I don't have the warwitch yet) just wondered if you had any recommendations for changing the list and how to deploy it well so my thralls don't end up trapped behind aoes.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

HiveCommander posted:

Thanks, that helps clarify a bit. So if they sweep their control area, can I ask for the distance between his Warnoun and a specific model standing a short distance from them? If so, that's pretty handy.
What are the tips and tricks to not being sore and broken after a 4-round tourney that may not have chair availability? I doubt I'll end up winning any matches but it'll be a good experience for me. Apparently the Perth scene is pretty competitive.

An opponent has to state what he is measuring technically at all times. A lot of the times most people wont say anything(since most measuring and humming and hawing comes from the caster and thus you can reasonably assume they are measuring control area).

However your opponent absolutely must share their information with you;

Pg 30 from the core book

During the game, when a player makes a measurement for any reason he must share the information with his opponent.

If they don't then in any official tournament they could be disqualified.

Tips and tricks are as follows:

For God's sake sleep! 8 hours full uninterrupted sleep is paramount to winning. You can win when your brain is full of stupid.

Stretch for at least 15 minutes before the tournament starts. This increases blood flow all across your body and helps your legs withstand the pressure of standing for so long.

Have snacks handy. Preferable fruits and veggies. The natural sugars and vitamins keep you awake. Cookies, candy and crap is good for a short buzz but will make you feel like crap soon after.

Coffee CAN be good but don't chug before a match. You can fall into the trap of making yourself jittery and screw up your order of activation.

Avoid beer/alcohol unless you've given up. A little can help increase your creativity and remove inhibitions so you play more aggressively, but that in turn will hose you if your not careful.

Always remember it's a game. If you got shot off the board in the top of round 2 then smile, learn from your lesson and move on. Always shake hands before and after the match.

Try and run the same list all the time leading up to the tournament. It will make you learn how your army works, it strengths and weaknesses. In smaller tourneys this can hurt you since your local opponents will know your stuff. Bigger ones are better for that.

Never be afraid to ask your opponent waft his stuff does. You can always ask to see his cards/warroom.

Last tip I have is play with a timer. Most tournaments have death clock timed turns so you'll be helping yourself. It teaches you to tighten up your game rather then constantly second guess yourself. Knowing your stuff, how it interacts with other stuff and how you want to position yourself will really help.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Tips and tricks are as follows:

^^Excellent points. A couple additional points to add:

=Pop a couple Ibeupreuphen after Round 1, along with some water and a protein-y snack. It'll take an edge off for the rest of the day, and you'll be greatful for it.

=Sometimes, it is worth it to go for an early assassination in a game, purely to help your mental health. If you can close a game an hour before everyone else, then you have a chance to use the restroom, drink water, have an actual meal, just sit down close your eyes and rest for a few precious moments.

=There are a few things you can bring to a tourney that will help your organization, and therefore your mental health in-game. Remember to bring:
**A tray for your minis. Cake pans work just fine if you don't have anything better (and thin metal over thick pyrex for the obvious weight reasons).
**Markers (dry erase and vis-a-vis), cards (obviously), tape measure (and probably a spare one), tokens (if you've got them sorted in a mini-tackle or jewlery box, all the better), a pen (for writing on your army list).
**A pre-printed Army list, 2 actually (one for your opponents, one for the organizers). You do NOT want to forget to write that 3pt solo down on the day of the tourney (which happens too drat many times), and you don't want your opponent to misread your hurried chicken-scratch handwriting. There are links out there to fillable army lists that we can provide to you if you don't have them.
**A positive attitude, a winning smile, etc.

Hope you have fun :) .

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

While it would be a nightmare with liability, I would love to hear about tournaments that require taking shots or drinks after certain events. Drunk tournaments, best tournaments.

Edit: Also is it better to ebay save warmachine stuff like it is for Games Workshop games, or are the minis fairly well priced across the board?

waah fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 8, 2014

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

waah posted:

While it would be a nightmare with liability, I would love to hear about tournaments that require taking shots or drinks after certain events. Drunk tournaments, best tournaments.

Edit: Also is it better to ebay save warmachine stuff like it is for Games Workshop games, or are the minis fairly well priced across the board?

You can sometimes get a bargain but alot of the times there's not too many minis on it compared to 40k, atleast in the uk

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I don't think buying things at discount is nearly as important for this game because you're not having to buy 4-6 copies of the exact same box to fill up 1/4 of your army list. At most there are some lists where you'd want 2 of a unit or Warjack/beast, outside of gimmick lists.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Double Warders :getin:

Ysera
Feb 19, 2012

Playing and painting poorly.

Hipster Occultist posted:

Eyriss just straight up dies to any sort of boosted spell if she begins her activation within 19 of an arc node, espeically with stuff like puppet master (I usually run the WSC with gaspy2), seas of fate, or Morty's feat

Can you clarify this please? I don't understand unless it's some sort of boosted AOE/spary.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

S.J. posted:

I don't think buying things at discount is nearly as important for this game because you're not having to buy 4-6 copies of the exact same box to fill up 1/4 of your army list. At most there are some lists where you'd want 2 of a unit or Warjack/beast, outside of gimmick lists.

Shopping around for deals will net you many hundreds of dollars in the long run. How much it would or wouldn't save you in 40k is irrelevant.

If you want to support your local store, pay retail by all means, but otherwise, you can save a lot of money by looking around and being patient. Discount internet retailers will sell you NIB Privateer Press models for a 20-30% discount. Ebay or bartertown.com lots can often be had for 50% of retail or less.

I've acquired most of my Circle, all in great condition, for half retail by buying used. As another bonus, if you're not into painting some sellers will sell their painted stuff for little to no markup over the non-painted stuff. The quality will obviously vary, but I've gotten some great paint jobs unexpectedly by buying used.

Lord Of Texas fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 8, 2014

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I am reading through the rules trying to get a handle so I can go try to get my first game in next week sometime. I read that the control area for a warlock is 2x the fury range. Does that mean that as I spend or gain fury my control range can vary even within my own control/activation phase? I.E. The order I go about boosting rolls and forcing charges/etc matters?

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

waah posted:

I am reading through the rules trying to get a handle so I can go try to get my first game in next week sometime. I read that the control area for a warlock is 2x the fury range. Does that mean that as I spend or gain fury my control range can vary even within my own control/activation phase? I.E. The order I go about boosting rolls and forcing charges/etc matters?

It's 2x your "FURY", capital letters. "FURY" means your warlock's base/max number of Fury, it does not change. "Fury" lowercase refers to individual fury points or costs.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

waah posted:

Nope, your control is equivalent to double your FURY value (the printed number on your card). Your fury on your warlock (distinct from FURY) can vary as you spent it and leach it, but your FURY and therefore control remains constant.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Ysera posted:

Can you clarify this please? I don't understand unless it's some sort of boosted AOE/spary.

He's talking about running the bone jack 14 inches to within the 5 inch stealth bubble, negating stealth and letting you use any old offensive spell for the job.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Just don't miss, loller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

counterspin posted:

He's talking about running the bone jack 14 inches to within the 5 inch stealth bubble, negating stealth and letting you use any old offensive spell for the job.

And again, this only works on Eiryss1. Which is nice because Eiryss2 has Whiplash anyway (a spell that misses Eiryss2 automagically hits its caster instead)

Actually that brings up a question: Casters like Menoth's Harbinger have auto-hit spells. Do those bypass Stealth on models like Eiryss, or would I still have to be within 5 inches?

• Locked thread