Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Szymanski posted:

I bought five random movie figures from a new box at Tesco, 2 Velma's and 3 no pants guy :(

I don't have a Velma, but have some dupes. What are you after (assuming you're in the uk?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
I don't have bill shakespeare, wiley fusebot or larry the barista, so if you have one of those that would be great. I'll send a Velma if you do or don't. PM me an email etc

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I can get you any you want in exchange for a Velma.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Szymanski posted:

I don't have bill shakespeare, wiley fusebot or larry the barista, so if you have one of those that would be great. I'll send a Velma if you do or don't. PM me an email etc

Looks like PriorMarcus can help you out better than me as I don't have dupes of those :) thank you though!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown (Ultra Agents set 70163) is so bitchin'. :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEZ7l9YECo

Bean Head
Feb 22, 2014
Picked up another City set (7638) and I'm quite happy with how it's turned out :v:.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Neurion posted:

Not quite unique to each store -- part of the new PAB system is we'll be focusing on a 'theme' each quarter and have various 'rare' and 'hard to find' pieces in the wall that tie into said theme. This quarter's theme is City and Star Wars, and some of the pieces that will be present are wheels, propellers, jet engines, small wings, trans red 1x1 cones, bamboo leaves, trans 1x1 plates, those nifty 1x1 5-stud bricks, cockpit glass (which is going fast, btw), rudders, etc.

You aren't kidding about the cockpit glass. When I read your post, I decided that I had to make a trip this morning to the Lego store. The cockpit glass container was almost empty. I only grabbed half a dozen of them for myself, but there was probably only 20 left in it. It was nice to be able to go and pick up some useful pieces. Just wish they had some 1x1 round bricks or 1x1 round tiles or 1x1 non-transparent plates. I wish I had grabbed more of the 1x1 round trans dark blues, and I don't know what I'm going to do with all the 1x1 rounds, plates and tiles I now have. Maybe I can use the light blues to start building a microscale version of the Wall from Game of Thrones or something...

My haul:

Also picked up this set because impulse buy:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Taking a brief look at those Chima and Agents sets from later this year, they're all full of transparent blue.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I got a tax refund and was thinking of putting some of it towards the Town Hall. It's supposed to be the next modular that retires but I'm not a massive fan of it, however I do want to buy it before it gets discontinued, can anyone sell me on it a little bit so I can bypass buyers remorse?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

I got a tax refund and was thinking of putting some of it towards the Town Hall. It's supposed to be the next modular that retires but I'm not a massive fan of it, however I do want to buy it before it gets discontinued, can anyone sell me on it a little bit so I can bypass buyers remorse?

Do you have the DeLorean?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My LEGO store doesn't have the super headlight bricks :( Would anyone be willing to fill a cup and mail to me? They open up so many possibilities!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

Do you have the DeLorean?

This is actually the main reason I want it! I also really want to strip the DeLorean down and rebuild it at some point, maybe having both will motivate me.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

PriorMarcus posted:

Buy two and make the other one into Emmet's apartment building :q:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

PriorMarcus posted:

This is actually the main reason I want it! I also really want to strip the DeLorean down and rebuild it at some point, maybe having both will motivate me.

There you go then.

I started changing the hood on mine (excuse the Instagram and GF's Hobbes) and then gave up. Still want to fix the wheels arches.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 8, 2014

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

There you go then.

I started changing the hood on mine (excuse the Instagram and GF's Hobbes) and then gave up. Still want to fix the wheels arches.

I have pretty much the same set-up right now except Marty is flying and Doc is hanging out of the car by a fire hose. If I get the Town Hall I'd make it more accurate and have him hanging off the clock face.

I'd be further along in modifying the DeLorean but it's kind of incredible to me how few useful pieces I have for it even though I've got nearly a hundred broken down sets. I want to play around with modifications and see what works but because I'd have to order the pieces directly it's not really possible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I want that Hobbes.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Like many ausgoons, just got the Lego Movie in the country these past couple days and just came back from it. Oh my gosh it was just great. Completely lost my poo poo at Vitruvius when he died and came back as a glow-in-the-dark Lego Ghost, suspended by a string making 'OooOOooh' sounds. Can't wait for the Blu-ray to come out so I can frame-by-frame replay it to catch the probably billion little things that I missed. It was the best commercial I've ever seen.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Just stumbled across this. :allears:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Kazy posted:

I know it'll never happen, but I really would love to see some of those old space themes get rebooted with the same color schemes. Ice Planet 2002, M-Tron, BlackTron I... :sigh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fortunately Blacktron I is easy to do on your own because black and yellow bricks are easy to buy in vast quantities. Granted, trans yellow canopies will get expensive fast but you only need a handful of those unless you're a build it and put it on the shelf type.

M-Tron sucks because of the magnets, and Ice Planet will drain your wallet because it seems like 50% of any set was trans orange.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

The_Doctor posted:

I want that Hobbes.

You can make your own: http://www.instructables.com/id/Stuffed-Hobbes-with-pattern/?ALLSTEPS

On topic: I have the LEGO Star Wars Darth Malgus Interceptor. I want to put up, but I'm wondering where I can get the little transparent pedestals to put it up (and more importantly, will this hold)?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Kazy posted:

Hello new facebook cover!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kazy posted:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Taeke posted:

Hello new facebook cover!

Thanks for the idea, it's mine now too!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

xzzy posted:

M-Tron sucks because of the magnets
Your life is a farce

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I think you misread.. the magnets are cool. Buying them sucks because bricklink sellers want 50 cents or more for each one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

xzzy posted:

I think you misread.. the magnets are cool. Buying them sucks because bricklink sellers want 50 cents or more for each one.

Your life is redeemed!

And 50 cents isn't too bad, honestly. I wanted some trans-blue pieces only available in the ancient space sets that were minimum 5 dollars each, used. I would think you wouldn't need more than a couple dozen of the magnets, surely you could get all you'd ever need for 10 or so dollars.

They'll never remake/reissue M:TRON because of the magnets, which is the worst. They said the magnets pose a hazard to children. So make them slightly bigger then, jerks!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Captain Invictus posted:

They said the magnets pose a hazard to children. So make them slightly bigger then, jerks!
Making them bigger creates complications at birth.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Apparently Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP is going to be released in June, not a few months later like actually thought.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70816_Benny%E2%80%99s_Spaceship,_Spaceship,_SPACESHIP!

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Captain Invictus posted:

Apparently Benny's Spaceship Spaceship SPACESHIP is going to be released in June, not a few months later like actually thought.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/70816_Benny%E2%80%99s_Spaceship,_Spaceship,_SPACESHIP!

drat, August was perfect because of my birthday and for this set I know I don't have the self control to wait 2 months. SPACESHIP!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

I want that Hobbes.

I'm pretty pleased with how he turned out.

:3:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
We went to go see The Pack A.D. in Cleveland a few nights ago and the guitarist had an actual working guitar made of Lego.

Never let anyone tell you there's nothing good left in the world.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

PriorMarcus posted:

Grand Emporium is the next to be retired.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Target is running an incredible deal on 75013 -- $16.79 for 493 pieces. You can order it online and pick it up in-store, but it doesn't look like they'll ship it to you.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Glass posted:

Target is running an incredible deal on 75013 -- $16.79 for 493 pieces. You can order it online and pick it up in-store, but it doesn't look like they'll ship it to you.

Nice! Ordered 2 - one for me and one for my roommate.

Red_Chief
Nov 2, 2007

Mr. Glass posted:

In for one also...

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Two lego shirts on teefury.com today including a cool space one.

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

Mr. Glass posted:

thanks for the heads up!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Thanks for the tip on that Target set. I have some doubts it will actually work out, since local stores are often a mess, and they have a chance to cancel the orders here, but for a $49.99 MSRP set, why not.

Edit: Although they already say my order is ready for pickup, so I guess it's good.

smackfu fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
I shared your doubts until I got the "ready for pickup" email as well. Hopefully this means they actually picked it off the shelf.