Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love they forced in that awkwardly awful segment about DeMarco's abandonment issues before promptly cutting him.

Good use of that angle editors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ghostpilot posted:

Oh poo poo, tomorrow it's all about the ABC crazy train for a 2 hour ride!

I don't know whether to be excited or scared.

If my program guide is to be believed, only one hour of that is ABC: Reloaded.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

raditts posted:

I'd expect them to show the prior episode first unless they aired it like last week.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Kalli posted:

I'd expect them to show the prior episode first unless they aired it like last week.

They did.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

raditts posted:

Mine says 8-10pm.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

This is golden; they contradict themselves and each other over and over in the space of seconds.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Tivo description says "Chef Ramsay pays another visit to the defiant owners of Amy's Baking Co.; Ramsay helps a Denver pizzeria..."

Fingers crossed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mad Dragon posted:

Mine says 8-10pm.

And only one hour of that is ABC: Reloaded. The second hour is apparently a Denver pizzeria called Pantaleone's.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

surf rock posted:

Well, there's our gratuitous half-naked shot of the token pretty chef for this season.

Fortunately for Melanie, she also seems to be one of the best chefs this season. Thinking she makes it to black jackets, at the very least.

I'm sure they have done that at least once, probably twice before also because it was pointed out to me. I'm thinking it's going to become a thing this season, like with Gordon in the old kitchen nightmares.

Edit: this season with Melanie, not just before in the show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That was hilarious. You just know they're not going to follow any of the great advice they've been given, though.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Not much discussion this HK season I notice.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

The audience is awful in this, they clap at way too much of Amy's crazy poo poo.

Like, sure reality TV producers prod people in directions that cause maximum drama, but Amy is the craziest bitch I've ever seen anywhere and I don't know how you can clap for them when they're stealing tips and threatening customers and acting like Samy is a real gangster (I mean he is but dude is old as poo poo and is in a country where he has no hired muscle to protect him).

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kalli posted:

I love they forced in that awkwardly awful segment about DeMarco's abandonment issues before promptly cutting him.

Good use of that angle editors.

That's apparently part of basic Reality TV editing. Give something for the viewer to latch on to before getting rid of the guy.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

livingfruitvirus posted:

Not much discussion this HK season I notice.

Not a ton to talk about really. Show is getting really stale. I'd like to see them start selecting casts based off actual talent instead of picking 3 or 4 good cooks and the rest being glorified fast food cooks who were selected because of their inability to work well with others. I've seen every episode this season and I honestly cant really remember the names of any of the contestants. Everyone has morphed into a big ball of poo poo in my head.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

1st AD posted:

The audience is awful in this, they clap at way too much of Amy's crazy poo poo.

Like, sure reality TV producers prod people in directions that cause maximum drama, but Amy is the craziest bitch I've ever seen anywhere and I don't know how you can clap for them when they're stealing tips and threatening customers and acting like Samy is a real gangster (I mean he is but dude is old as poo poo and is in a country where he has no hired muscle to protect him).

I feel like Battletoads is a goonrush GBS could get behind.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Really the most interesting part of HK is the new challenges they come up with, like that little bike relay in the parking lot. Beyond that, it's the same old, same old. And the first half of the show, especially with 20 people, is fat cutting.

I think back to season 3 when all the chefs were sort of characters and you could relate to each other them in a way. Like when the nanny, short order cook, and pastry chef beat the team of trained and executive chefs. Now it seems like they really push not for characters or underdogs, but who seems most likely to just start yelling in the dorm.

I still like the show and all, but I found myself totally detached from tonight's episode, barely even paying attention. Even the wedding wasn't treated like a big deal, it could have easily been a brunch for firefighters or anything else again. Heck, we don't even know what the prize is this season other than "a position at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant." It all just feels too unimportant.

By the way, I'm not very interested in Amy's Baking Company anymore either. Unless Ramsay himself physically goes back to confront them, it'll just be a big montage of stuff we've probably already seen and nothing will change.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

1st AD posted:

It's the internet that has latched onto Amy's nuttery, and with good reason because it's endless entertainment. However, a lot of people watched the episode, found it hysterical, and that was it. They don't know all the sordid details and speculation behind their story, so the audience is hardly as jaded as you or me.

It's easy to see how someone could sympathize with them when they can resist going batshit for a few minutes. They don't know that Amy thinks that Yelp is some shadow cabal out to crush small business or that her husband is a pretty shady dude. On the surface, their story is believable. You could tell that, as poo poo broke down, the audience started picking up on how unbalanced these two are.

I also loved Phil getting tired of their argumentative bullshit. I'm sure he was satisfied for the good bit of TV he got out of it but drat, he could have accomplished more counseling a brick wall.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
The only reason to watch HK is to see just how bad they gently caress up performing simple tasks such as... scrambled eggs.

I know there is no way I could cook a risotto my first try ever, but I sure as hell made scrambled eggs right my first try when I was 7.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

OmegaBR posted:

I still like the show and all, but I found myself totally detached from tonight's episode, barely even paying attention. Even the wedding wasn't treated like a big deal, it could have easily been a brunch for firefighters or anything else again. Heck, we don't even know what the prize is this season other than "a position at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant." It all just feels too unimportant.

I'm used to seeing HK host fake celebrations and non-events (breakfast for schoolkids, first responders, etc), but the whole :ssh: "Keep quiet, because we're hosting a wedding!" :ssh: was just too much. It felt like the show got mixed up in the editing room with a daytime soap opera, and I burst out randomly laughing at the show (not with, at) at least a half-dozen times during the elimination challenge alone.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Shh be quiet, it's a wedding! Now prepare their wedding entree of a fried egg on toast.

Edit: I'm in the middle of watching that Dr. Phil thing, so I'm just going to leave this here:

subroc fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Apr 11, 2014

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Man, DeMarco just couldn't catch a break, could he?

It'll be funny watching the blue team trying to decide who to nominate in the future, now that their default fall guy is gone.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Zero Star posted:

Man, DeMarco just couldn't catch a break, could he?

And to add insult to injury I bet his dad won't call him now since who wants a pudgy loser for a son?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

subroc posted:

Shh be quiet, it's a wedding! Now prepare their wedding entree of a fried egg on toast.

Edit: I'm in the middle of watching that Dr. Phil thing, so I'm just going to leave this here:

Welp, evidently the crazy is still in full force. Geez, haven't seen eyes like that unless they were attached to two arms holding an axe.

Wasn't Samy outed as Moroccan, and he was banned from emigrating to France and Germany because of drug/extortion past?

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 11, 2014

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is there a surstromming challenge? Please tell me there is a surstromming challenge.
Wasn't any surströmming involved, no. But assorted other fish since once of the judges is Sweden's most famous fish chef.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

surf rock posted:

Incidentally, DeMarco kinda won me over with his reason for competing. I just wish he were less of a gently caress-up.

Kalli posted:

For one brief, shining, glorious, moment, I was desperately hoping that Richard was admit to being his father.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ded posted:

I know there is no way I could cook a risotto my first try ever, but I sure as hell made scrambled eggs right my first try when I was 7.
It's really not that difficult to make risotto.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mad Dragon posted:

It's really not that difficult to make risotto.

Seriously. It requires some practice to get it down but it's not a monumental feat.

What pisses me off is that they have risotto at practically every dinner service and yet half of the people who try to get on the show don't know how to make it. I know it's got a lot to do with the producers purposely putting in awful cooks to get Ramsay all pissed off, but they could at least make it for themselves a couple times a week leading up to casting.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yeah, but risotto at leasts makes more sense when it comes to all the pressure causing a mistake. Risotto requires attention and care throughout the cooking process whereas things like the Wellingtons are already prepared and just go into an oven.

But people gently caress them both up, so who the hell knows.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
The first UK HK featured celebrities, and they handled the risottos well after, I think,he very first service.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm fairly positive they parcook the risotto during prep, so I think a lot of the fuckups have a fair bi to do with whoever was in charge of that. I recall one service where they prepped the risotto to mush, so it was basically impossible for service.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
The Reckoning is upon us.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Time to go back to Amy's :unsmigghh:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

How appropriate.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Looks like this will be more of a rehash than a revisited. What a shame.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Yeah, they said at the beginning that there will be never before seen footage and a new interview with Amy and Samy though, so that should be interesting at least.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

From the intro it sounds like they have an interview with them, and the rest is just re-hashing and covering the reaction to the episode.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Urge to kill returning.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I forgot about that poor server she screamed at for no reason. My cousin has BPD and she does that all the time. (Get away from me! Why are you walking away when I'm talking [screaming] at you?!)

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

From the intro it sounds like they have an interview with them, and the rest is just re-hashing and covering the reaction to the episode.

Hasn't pretty much everyone done that already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
drat it Gordon, I was promised a "return" not a "rehash". :mad:

edit: This cartoon is great though. Oh my God the cats ahahaha :3