Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
the finest champagne comedy in this game/thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

He glances in the rearview mirror at it. "A loving tragedy. Someone evil took the spirit of someone good and bound them to that loving pumpkin. Coiled them around it, poisoned it, and enslaved them to its will.

Cleaning that up is on my to-do list."

Oh ho, I thought I had done my math right and there should be 2 NPC's left alive from JP's list instead of 1. Guess Blacktail's got the updated list. Kind of hard to identify someone dying of mysterious circumstances when they're a loving pumpkin.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gonna commit to at least one toilet joke per act.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Maybe my character should have been bargearse

edit : xylo context https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fahf77qzEnE

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

beetroy posted:

Maybe my character should have been bargearse

edit : xylo context https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fahf77qzEnE

outta the way, extras!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I wanna be a werebee!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

bell jar posted:

I wanna be a werebee!

gently caress yes

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

bell jar posted:

I wanna be a werebee!
I want you to go there as well!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werribee,_Victoria

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I just heard 12 gun shots, and a ton of screaming, cars peeling out, and horns honking from the club a block away.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
And there are the sirens.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Holy poo poo for real? Stay safe

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Yeah, go hug your baby.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

dang man that is verisimilitude right there.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I'm not waking the baby and the wife for this, he's teething and she'd be terrified. But I did shut the window.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

XyloJW posted:

I'm not waking the baby and the wife for this, he's teething and she'd be terrified. But I did shut the window.

Probably also lock your door if you haven't already.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Holy poo poo xylo, is this a regular thing?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Stay safe xylo and co

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Splode posted:

Holy poo poo xylo, is this a regular thing?

Nope! It's a very small town, home to a major university.

Also my door's always locked. :)

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

XyloJW posted:

Nope! It's a very small town, home to a major university.

Also my door's always locked. :)

stay safe man, i expect you to work this into your game a la steven king

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

Let me know when you're back, and Blacktail will start telling you secrets about the Goosewagon.

:aaaaa:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Mr Downer is actually the spirit guide.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
For those curious, I'm waiting on Hambeet's actions, and also Mills's actions. The main group can proceed a little further, but it's getting close to the two groups linking up, and I don't want there to be any messy retconning of actions for that.

Also it's 3 am here, and i'm going to bed! This was fun!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I'm definitely going to try to split the group up more often, just because it's easier to run smaller groups than trying to coordinate to have 8 people all be online at once. Once you all link up, there should be a good long period of downtime where you can each do your own things, if all goes well.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

XyloJW posted:

I didn't choose it! It's in the book!!

He's not the only one who's spirit animal is cockroach either.

*briefly skims some W:tA wiki stuff during the downtime, intrigued by this and Xylo's teasing about how we're following the roles he already picked out*

aw gently caress

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

loving stalker.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

*briefly skims some W:tA wiki stuff during the downtime, intrigued by this and Xylo's teasing about how we're following the roles he already picked out*

aw gently caress

I'm heavily home ruling a lot of things. But yeahhhh.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Do you mean you're coming into the real world through a bedroom window or do you mean your character just chills out in his spirit room and psychs up?

Plays spirit eye of the tiger.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Bifauxnen, you mentioned looking things up on the wiki, and I want to add that there is a whole lot of Werewolf that I am straight up throwing out. It's a very fun game and setting and system, but as I said in GBS Auspol, they were schizophrenic about what they wanted. They want this to be a super serious, solemn game of horror and moodiness and psychological trauma, and then they give you rules that turn you into a giant dog that can jump over buildings and talk to hamburger wrappers. They do stuff like "Okay, you can either be a werewolf that gets +10 to all attacks and gets 15 actions per turn and automatically regenerates Rage, or you can be a werewolf who is very good at singing songs, and once a month, you get +1 when you sniff other werewolves' butts."

I'm basically taking a giant axe to any of the werewolf social stuff, which means I'm cobbling together new powers/abilities/weaknesses to unfuck the roles and tribes that had that stuff.

On your character sheets, you guys have "Glory/Honor/Wisdom". We're not going to touch those, at all, ever. It's a dumb, dumb system.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Haha, no worries, I didn't really want to spoil myself either, it's more fun having no drat clue what's going on. I was just curious about the cockroach really and welp.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I should really be last second cramming for this exam and not thinking about being a werewolf, Xylo! Curse you for being a compelling storyteller!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What exam is it? Something fun? Or something poo poo like torts.

edit: You're a law student right?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Yeah, it's an evidence trial process exam - short answer, closed book. Not end of semester, it's only worth about 20%. Finally we get to learn about :objection:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

I should really be last second cramming for this exam and not thinking about being a werewolf, Xylo! Curse you for being a compelling storyteller!

I should've been doing dishes, but instead I typed up character sheets for two different sets of villains. It's a fun game. :)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

*takes cautiousness, throws it into a nearby car, killing it*

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

bell jar posted:

*takes cautiousness, throws it into a nearby car, killing it*

good to see you're continuing your tradition of running headlong into obvious traps

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

It is a fine tradition :colbert:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sweetroy posted:

good to see you're continuing your tradition of running headlong into obvious traps

hey, hey! The four of us had that one guy in the van loving covered.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

beetroy posted:

hey, hey! The four of us had that one guy in the van loving covered.
Mainly in drool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol

• Locked thread