Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, it makes too much sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
What would his stand even be?

I'm thinking Hound Dog, it'd function exactly like Survivor except it'd only make women beat the poo poo out of him.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

TheManSeries posted:

I just hope we get animated part 4 because after powering through stardust crusaders and getting to Diamond, I really don't wanna read Duwang.

I'm sorry you hate joy.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Most of it is not even DUWANG anymore. The good translation goes all the way until the very last fight, and at that point you don't even give a poo poo about DUWANG, you just want to see the conclusion.

VVV: Johnny Bravo is too stupid to put his stand to good use though, he'd be like Pesci without the sudden resolve growth. Best he could do with it is "tank" with it.

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 13, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Broseph Brostar posted:

What would his stand even be?

I'm thinking Hound Dog, it'd function exactly like Survivor except it'd only make women beat the poo poo out of him.

Used as a distraction so others have an easy target, or to split up groups of stand users to thin their numbers for a fight. Could possibly be used to lure entire groups into a trap as the men of a group chase the women, provided that none of the women have a stand that provides speed or a long range binding ability, and the user is agile on his feet.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Broseph Brostar posted:

Most of it is not even DUWANG anymore. The good translation goes all the way until the very last fight, and at that point you don't even give a poo poo about DUWANG, you just want to see the conclusion.

I'm guessing that version is offered in the big file in the op? I wound up reading all of Stardust Crusaders on a slow work day and started Diamond, so I hadn't downloaded the file offered here yet.

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm sorry you hate joy.

It's not that I hate joy, I just wanted to read it normal the first go around. Duwang was going to be me going back after and just laughing.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I figure there's no way Part 3 does poorly, so Part 4 is practically guaranteed to happen. I really hope they make it to Part 6 though; I like prisons as a setting for drama, I like the powers I've heard about, and girl-Jojo sounds like a neat change of pace.

And even if for some reason part 4 does badly (It wont as it has the most iconic antagonist in the series outside of Dio) part 5 is almost guaranteed success thanks to the fujoshi market alone. Part 6 would be a shoe in afterwards.

Things get dicey with part 7 just because of how massive it is.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

By the time Jojolion gets animated, it will be our grandchildren who will take up the mantle of enjoying Jojo.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

TheManSeries posted:

I'm guessing that version is offered in the big file in the op? I wound up reading all of Stardust Crusaders on a slow work day and started Diamond, so I hadn't downloaded the file offered here yet.

It's not that I hate joy, I just wanted to read it normal the first go around. Duwang was going to be me going back after and just laughing.

That folder hasn't been updated since 2011, I am not the owner of it so I can't do anything about it. What's a google though!

I added it to the top of the OP so it doesn't ever happen again.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 13, 2014

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Uznare posted:

That folder hasn't been updated since 2011, I am not the owner of it so I can't do anything about it. What's a google though!

I added it to the top of the OP so it doesn't ever happen again.

Same thing I used to look up Stardust Crusaders. Anyways I'm gonna shut my idiot mouth now. I started reading the Duwang and it's loving hysterical. I'm a goddamn moron.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Apr 13, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

This line was so good even the updated translation kept it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They also kept the most important line of the entire arc, but it's probably best to keep it under wraps.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

TheManSeries posted:

Same thing I used to look up Stardust Crusaders. Anyways I'm gonna shut my idiot mouth now. I started reading the Duwang and it's loving hysterical. I'm a goddamn moron.

Last Crime done even rats in the toilet would puke because of its sickness nature.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Speaking of Duwang, was the kid narrating at the very beginning supposed to be Koichi?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Momomo posted:

Speaking of Duwang, was the kid narrating at the very beginning supposed to be Koichi?

Nah, that's Guanglai Kangyi. Don't worry too much about him, though, you're not expected to remember his nam or anything.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Baoh is only really worth reading if you want to see something that encompasses the 80s so wholly it's hilarious.

Agreed. It's a short comic mini-series that represents a laundry list of 'fun' cliches in 80s stuff, manga and anime especially. While not quintessential to anything from that era, it reflects a lot of what was popular then.

In Baoh, there's:

-A teenaged kid with superpowers from a mad science experiment

-Hero pursued/persecuted by a evil underground secret society

-Bio-horror mutant stuff

-Gratuitous spectacle-gore

-Meaningful award-winning dialogue such as "Baoh has a LASER CANNON!"

-Murderous henchmen-hitmen with special talents/superpowers

-Cyborg added in because the creator just watched Terminator :allears:

-Psychic powers

-"Disproportionately massive to the hero" bad guys

And MORE!*

*BarubaruBARUBARUBARU

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 14, 2014

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

:suicide:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Narancia will still be clearly saying Aerosimth however.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Don't have time to read subtitles while playing a fighting game.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
And translators don't have time to write them.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nahxela posted:

Don't have time to read subtitles while playing a fighting game.

Don't worry the game is slow enough so you can keep up.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Will Cheap Trick be DLC because I know Araki's favorite part is 4.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, the Part 4 DLC characters are Bowie Kira and Fatty.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Will Pocoloco or Soundman or Dino Dio be added eventually?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No. DLC characters were Shigechi, Kira, Iggy, Lisa Lisa, Vanilla Ice, Anasui, and Fugo

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really mad they didn't add Weather Report.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Pomp posted:

No. DLC characters were Shigechi, Kira, Iggy, Lisa Lisa, Vanilla Ice, Anasui, and Fugo

Also Baoh and Old Joseph.

Wasn't there one more datamined dlc thing that never happened? I remember seeing a list and after BAOH was like "CHMN" or something like that.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

TheManSeries posted:

Wait til you get to Super Fly.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
As long as we're talking wishful thinking, I'd love it if Straits made it in.

And a Part 6 stage with Survivor as a hazard.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The game has been out for half a year and all the DLC has been released. None of these things are getting in.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hope you guys in the West who didn't play the Japan release enjoy Social Game bullshit, because All star Battle has it as its excuse for "content."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The western release includes a new arcade mode.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

The western release includes a new arcade mode.

Yeah, but you don't really get much from it as far as I could tell. You just get more points from it which make it faster to unlock characters quotes for your online mode card.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Your batteries recharge in like 15 minutes in the western release, apparently.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

Your batteries recharge in like 15 minutes in the western release, apparently.

It's 5 minutes actually. Which is in line with how the Japanese version is right now. It used to be 20 minutes until everyone got mad at CC2 then they changed it to 5.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm watching Battle Tendency on Crunchyroll and am not really sure why they changed Santana to Santviento. Santana is just a regular name. It's not like the musician could do anything about it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just because a lawsuit would be frivolous doesn't mean they can't take you to court and cost you money anyway.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Ethiser posted:

I'm watching Battle Tendency on Crunchyroll and am not really sure why they changed Santana to Santviento. Santana is just a regular name. It's not like the musician could do anything about it.

Polnareff is also a family name, but since each belongs to a figure in the public eye and is very associated with their brand, it would be grounds for a suit. A suit that JoJo might well win, granted, but it's enough to not get immediately thrown out and that is an expensive battle to fight. Most companies won't invest in that unless it is for one of their core moneymakers, whereas it is free to just sidestep the issue by changing a name that legal decides is risky.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh, drat. I really hope it's still Polnareff in the Crunchyroll subs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I understand the lawsuit thing so I don't fault them for it I just question why they thought Speedwagon was still okay but Santana got the ax. If the character was named Carlos Santana or had anything to do with music it might make more sense.

• Locked thread