Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The first episodes of Bar Rescue are so different from the current ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Binary Logic posted:

I don't even understand how a double wide trailer could get a liquor license. :iiam:

Iowa.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Bumming Your Scene posted:

How in the hell did she get a job as security in the first place?
I imagine the job interview went something like,
"Hey cousin, I'm here all the time anyways, how about giving me a job like you gave Robbie" (I think that was the name of the cook relative in the kitchen.)

When Taffer said "We'll find something else for you to do" I shouted at the tv, "What?! What can she possibly contribute to this or any business?" LOL

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
"What's the one drink you don't drink alone?"
"Shots"

Heh, unless you're an alcoholic.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Taxed Out in Texas

Jon visits a struggling biker bar owned by a former tax accountant.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Oh, ya know that one's gotta be a train wreck if a tax accountant can't keep it level

Flobbster
Feb 17, 2005

"Cadet Kirk, after the way you cheated on the Kobayashi Maru test I oughta punch you in tha face!"

Binary Logic posted:

I don't even understand how a double wide trailer could get a liquor license. :iiam:

Maybe the state ABC only saw the O Face website and not the actual bar. Because it looks gorgeous in the stock photo they used! :laugh:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Oh god, that's hilarious.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The name doesn't go with that photo at all. Why would someone who want's to go to a bar named O Face want to go to a bar like that?

"Honey, look. I found a nice friendly bar called O-Face! You know, like 'Oh, your face!'"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The front page has a google map thing on it, you click that and you end up with a street view of the place...

I don't think the show mentioned that it's across the street from a railway switching yard.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Gaunab posted:

The first episodes of Bar Rescue are so different from the current ones.

I actually kind of like the older episodes more.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Vintimus Prime posted:

I actually kind of like the older episodes more.

Agreed. Just saw that Taffer is also promoting a new show as well, but that doesn't look promising either.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

WickedHate posted:

"Honey, look. I found a nice friendly bar called O-Face! You know, like 'Oh, your face!'"

I still can't get over how brain dead you would have to be to think of saying something like that.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Jon and Russell got lost on the way to the bar. This is going to be something.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Who buys a cocktail in a loving biker bar anyway?

I don't get this show's obsession with mixed drinks; it seems like I almost never see people having them when I'm out.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

FrozenVent posted:

I don't get this show's obsession with mixed drinks; it seems like I almost never see people having them when I'm out.

It's because mix drinks make a bar by far the most money. So putting on something slightly interesting that might make people say "hey, now that sounds good" is worth it even if they don't sell a tenth of the beer they go through.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Jon Taggerfeet's got his work cut out for him.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Holy gently caress that maintenance guy :stare:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

What happened to the relationships show Jon was filming a while back?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

FrozenVent posted:

It's a matter of bigger profits. Beer bars are more common probably, but aren't going to make as much.

Also a matter of attracting more women.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

T Fowl posted:

It's because mix drinks make a bar by far the most money. So putting on something slightly interesting that might make people say "hey, now that sounds good" is worth it even if they don't sell a tenth of the beer they go through.

Yup. One of the things I've learned watching this show is you don't make anywhere near as much with beer than mixed drinks, which in of itself because an issue if your bartenders over pour all the time.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Comcast found out I had 200+ channels for the local/government only channels plan I was paying for after 2 and a half years finally so I can't watch live. :(

Funny though the streaming services on the website/phone/xbox locked for a day but now it's all open again so I can watch it on that tomorrow.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Vintimus Prime posted:

Yup. One of the things I've learned watching this show is you don't make anywhere near as much with beer than mixed drinks, which in of itself because an issue if your bartenders over pour all the time.

Yeah, it's true. The bar actually still makes a profit even with those large over pours on the alcohol and other ingredients themselves at the base... But the whole point when they bring it up on the show is if they DIDN'T over pour so much that would yield even more profit to get them out of the red.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 14, 2014

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I don't get it, she stole a sweatshirt? Did they just have it laying on the bar?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

I don't get it, she stole a sweatshirt? Did they just have it laying on the bar?

Yea neither do I. Randy mentioned he was getting overcharged for drinks by her, which would make more sense than the sweatshirt?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Accusations of theft on this show have always been sort of overblown in my opinion.

Obviously it's a big issue, but I mean, it's usually a matter of overpouring, which is more about ignorance than maliciousness. Couple that with the somewhat random nature of firings vs. forgiveness from bar to bar, and it gets a tad depressing.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Vintimus Prime posted:

Yea neither do I. Randy mentioned he was getting overcharged for drinks by her, which would make more sense than the sweatshirt?

They claimed in the intro that waitresses would "pad your check" and then yell at you if you questioned it. So either overcharging or adding on a bigger tip.

Edit: Daaaamn, what an action shot of the tin falling on the drink.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 14, 2014

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sometimes, this show should be called Bar Arson.

Like, they take the employees on a vacation, Extreme Home Makeover style, and when they come back from vacation, their bar is burned to the ground, while Taffer stands in the ashes, laughing.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
If there was ever an episode of Bar Arson, it would have been O Face.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Vintimus Prime posted:

Yeah, that was really weird that they made such a big deal over a loving sweatshirt. You'd think that was the kind of thing they would just give to the employees.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was either a) just for the cameras because the owner had to find his balls and all, and she was back after filming, or b) one of those cases where she would've been given another chance if he weren't too much of a pussy to stand up for his employees.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
The people at the O' Face were some of the worst human beings I've ever seen on TV. Yikes.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Hand of the King posted:

The people at the O' Face were some of the worst human beings I've ever seen on TV. Yikes.

Their ilk are in no short supply around these parts. Let me assure you that nothing was exaggerated to make for better television.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Their ilk are in no short supply around these parts. Let me assure you that nothing was exaggerated to make for better television.

Iowa is one giant sinkhole.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

When Life Doesn't Hand You Lemons

Taffer seeks inside help from the staff of a bar that's struggling due to a distracted manager.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Pat's looks like it belongs in bum gently caress Midwest, not LA.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
This is an interesting one, given that they don't seem to be in financial disarray (the bartenders are, but the bar itself is not).

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Just as I was saying that woman needed a brassiere they flash those exotic dancer photos. Yikes.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Free drinks on Taggerfeet!

I think the Jimmy/Monique stuff was probably craftfully edited, but still effective.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The show really missed out on not playing LMAFO's "Shots" just now.

I really like the bartenders here. They're nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadicons
Sep 9, 2011

WickedHate posted:

The show really missed out on not playing LMAFO's "Shots" just now.

I really like the bartenders here. They're nice.

the people being served were singing it.

• Locked thread