Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Captain Pissweak posted:

Fuckin' wendigos.

i hope xylo is ready to see this for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Look, we're discussing depravity in White Wolf games in the other thread, so let's leave loving wendigos out of it.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

loving wendigos

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

bell jar posted:

loving wendigos

You're a wendigo.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Splode posted:

You're a wendigo.

wendigood

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

beetroy posted:

"~Spirit world~, whatever that is" Alf replies.

Alf right now:

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Ugh. This is really fun, but it's 6:30 AM here, and I need sleep.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Night Xylo.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

"Found these," he grunts. "Better for smashing fuckin' mainlanders."

5'd

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

If the Bat of the Don doesn't count as some kind of magic item their is no justice in the world.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That priceless bat just drops to the ground as boon walks through the mirror.

:australia:

XyloJW posted:

Holy gently caress 6:30am nuts.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Alf right now:

Good idea, Mort will be spirit Alf. Can I ghost poo in spirit cisterns?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Is JP just getting back in the pool now?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Is JP just getting back in the pool now?

He passed out from lack of oxygen and is being carried by someone, I'm sure.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

We're playing Weekend at Bernie's with him until we get to the meeting place.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jesus Christ I have 300+ posts to go through. Xylo's game is moving so fast it's making the Hunter game look like a Wheel of Time book by comparison.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

LordPants posted:

Jesus Christ I have 300+ posts to go through. Xylo's game is moving so fast it's making the Hunter game look like a Wheel of Time book by comparison.

You only like, started today though dude.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Thread's been up 24 hours and we managed to get off a plane.

In 24 hours Xylo's dudes had turned into werewolves, Mills had been shot and stolen a porsche and someone had rammed through a wall.

:thejoke: ;)

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

you need more wendigo, obviously

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's okay, we've gone Michael Bay, you've gone West Wing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

comma comma comma comma comma chameleon

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

i'm really liking the "everything loving explodes" aspect of it though

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

bell jar posted:

i'm really liking the "everything loving explodes" aspect of it though

Yeah I think in that respect it's been great seeing Mills go off the loving rails and Xylo's reaction sort of normalising that kind if play.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I spent the whole time talking to the ghost of a rat.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

it lets me and others not be straight-faced normal folks, too

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

I spent the whole time talking to the ghost of a rat.

FREE BOOZE

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

XyloJW posted:

What the gently caress man, when do you sleep.

Also on the subject of Don Bradman's bat - some context. Don Bradman is the closest thing Australia has to a saint - and that's including Mary McKillop. He is such a giant of the game that modern players have on several occasions retired just shy of record-breaking scores to preserve Bradman's record.

Basically I'm saying that bat is touched by something divine and belongs in whichever plane of existence in which it deigns to reside.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

What the gently caress man, when do you sleep.

Also on the subject of Don Bradman's bat - some context. Don Bradman is the closest thing Australia has to a saint - and that's including Mary McKillop. He is such a giant of the game that modern players have on several occasions retired just shy of record-breaking scores to preserve Bradman's record.

Basically I'm saying that bat is touched by something divine and belongs in whichever plane of existence in which it deigns to reside.

Can one of my gifts be to burn the bat?

beetroy posted:

FREE BOOZE

I'd drink to that.

Ignem
Oct 30, 2011

I'm loving enjoying following along. It's great :3

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Aw yiss, magic bat.

edit: Also Jesus xylo what kind of whacky hours do you keep? Is this just a new dad thing or are you working some kind of bizarre work from home shift or do you just do a lot of meth?

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Apr 14, 2014

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

Aw yiss, magic bat.

edit: Also Jesus xylo what kind of whacky hours do you keep? Is this just a new dad thing or are you working some kind of bizarre work from home shift or do you just do a lot of meth?

Why are they all exclusive options?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Aw yiss, magic bat.

New dad thing. He's teething.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

So you periodically wake up to deal with an incoherent drooling creature that bites everything it sees, and to play Werewolf.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

He's teething.

Explains it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

thatbastardken posted:

So you periodically wake up to deal with an incoherent drooling creature that bites everything it sees, and to play Werewolf.

E: actually, since we're all total noobs at this werewolf thing (both in and out of character), maybe a drooling baby should be our pack totem.

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 14, 2014

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ewwwwww, Xylo stop with the campaign events spilling over into real life already, someone just found a "spirit guide" in the coffee machine.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Ewwwwww, Xylo stop with the campaign events spilling over into real life already, someone just found a "spirit guide" in the coffee machine.

Fuckin wendigo

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

lmao

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A bloody mouthed albino Sasquatch just sitting there, warming his hands on the heating element. You stare at him in shock and horror, as he mutters like a crazy bum about that time he ate a dude. The guy who just had a coffee throws up when he sees white hair in his cup.

Everyone agrees to drink tea for the rest of the week.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hahaha, thanks guys that is actually a nicer mental image right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
A couple things: in this game, when you get Experience points, you can spend them to improve your attributes, learn new skills, increase Rage, Gnosis, and Willpower, or learn extra powers (you're all going to get 3 free powers). I will be giving Experience Points out soonish, and more frequently after that.

Additionally, you'll be picking your pack totem in a little while, and I'd like to get ahead of that a bit. There are hundreds of totems and I'm going to be heavily homeruling them, so rather than present you with a list, I'll ask you guys what you want in a totem.

Totem spirits are powerful spirits which represent ancient concepts or animals or gods or myths. They have bans and restrictions that they will demand you obey, and in return they offer you gifts and advantages. Generally, the better the advantages, the more serious the restrictions. I will determine the actual spirit.

Do you guys want a totem that is:
A) Physically powerful, but not the most informed
B) Cunning and informative, but not very strong

A) Well-connected, influential, and able to open doors and get deals for you, but maybe won't have time for your stupid poo poo all day
B) Reliable and almost always close by and ready to help

A) Very useful but fairly restrictive
B) Less restrictive (But still pretty useful)

• Locked thread