Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

flashy_mcflash posted:

What is he paying these people to be able to afford 500 performers? Either that's absurd, straight-up lies or he's gonna run this thing worse than Dixie.

Maybe he has a working agreement with 500 people but they will only be called in on a per date basis based on availability?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

Maybe he has a working agreement with 500 people but they will only be called in on a per date basis based on availability?

That still seems like an insane number of people to be on call. Maybe I'm underestimating JJ but that is a gigantic roster of performers. If it's staff, including creative, behind the scenes, etc that's one thing, but the article says performers.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

oatgan posted:

The second most well-known wrestling promoter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

If it's staff, including creative, behind the scenes, etc

In an ingenious move only fitting of the second most well-known wrestling promoter, all of these people will be expected to be on-call at any moment to serve as in-ring talent.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

flashy_mcflash posted:

That still seems like an insane number of people to be on call. Maybe I'm underestimating JJ but that is a gigantic roster of performers. If it's staff, including creative, behind the scenes, etc that's one thing, but the article says performers.

You've got to remember that he's probably been contacted by every indie wrestler on the planet, half of TNA and anyone in NXT and WWE who aren't anticipating having their contracts renewed. Even if he just threw them in a rolodex for "whenever we have a spot for you", it sounds good PR wise to make it sound like you have a shitton of wrestlers at your disposal if you are trying to sell the idea of a Global fed.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Goddamn Kurt Angle don't do it. Live out the rest of your probably short life in a promotion that isn't dumb as hell please

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think that's a pretty liberal interpretation of 'has 500 performers' (not on your part, but the author of the article or whatever his source was for that tidbit). By that logic, I have 500 performers, living and dead, in my promotion called Buttcrack of Honor. Where's my reality show, I ask? Where?

The article screams puff piece, so I doubt it was researched more than a phone call with the big wig who arranged it. "Global Force Wrestling, Jeff Jarrett, 500 performers, TNA wrestling, King of the Mountain, Ain't He Great, OK got it!"

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
if they're planning reality shows or whatever, it makes sense to count their backstage and tech and etc. people as performers. They could be on one of the shows, thus making them, technically 'performers'.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Maybe they're going the TNA route, and saying that the audience is part of the show and they better follow their script drat it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stallion Cabana posted:

if they're planning reality shows or whatever, it makes sense to count their backstage and tech and etc. people as performers. They could be on one of the shows, thus making them, technically 'performers'.

In that case I guess Jarrett has his kids in his big database.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRafTer posted:

In that case I guess Jarrett has his kids in his big database.
...AND Angle's.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Robbie E is another person who signed a multi-year extension with TNA.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sweeney Tom posted:

Robbie E is another person who signed a multi-year extension with TNA.

Oh man! James Storm, Gunner, and one half of the BroMans? Batten down the hatches, there's a war a-comin'!

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I just sadly shake my head at any wrestler that thinks TNA will exist that long.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I just sadly shake my head at any wrestler that thinks TNA will exist that long.

Imagine you are one of those three.

If you go on the open market you aren't getting any interest from WWE. ROH probably isn't going to be interested either, not that you'd make big money there anyway. It's just that if ROH is interested some of the other indies that run regularly might be and maybe you can have a tiny bit of leverage in negotiations. NJPW isn't going to be interested. NOAH and All Japan are in dire straits right now and guess who Wrestle-1 has a deal with? I wouldn't expect CMLL to be interested and AAA seems to already know what American talent they want.

So what do you do, do you re-sign now for whatever the terms are or risk the open market where your only suitor might be GWF, possibly AAA's El Rey project. GWF isn't going to outbid TNA for that kind of talent. It's a Jeff Jarrett project, it's assuredly going to be run on the cheap. They'll pay for an Angle caliber name if they can, but not a Gunner caliber name. It's going to be run on the cheap and they probably won't want too many TNA cast offs. You also have no idea if it will actually get off the ground. AAA is going to get off the ground but there's no way to know how it will do on El Rey.

If TNA dies in six months you are at worst in the same place you were if you were a free agent. You'll get the same offer from GWF, AAA's future in the US will be more certain and who knows, maybe WWE buys TNA and absorbs some talent.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Must have been a good episode of COPS because the title change segment was the lowest rated of the show last week.

The highest rated?

Dixie's return

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Angular Landbury posted:

You've got to remember that he's probably been contacted by every indie wrestler on the planet, half of TNA and anyone in NXT and WWE who aren't anticipating having their contracts renewed. Even if he just threw them in a rolodex for "whenever we have a spot for you", it sounds good PR wise to make it sound like you have a shitton of wrestlers at your disposal if you are trying to sell the idea of a Global fed.

Does it sound good PR wise? If he's looking for VC, that's a hell of a lot of people to pay for a two hour show. If he's looking at the fans, they're going to think, at best, 6 stars, 6 mid-carders, 488 JTGs.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Call Me Charlie posted:

Is there a thread for Jeff Jarrett's new promotion? Because it's already getting mainstream press.

quote:

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come. TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh," he says.

quote:

TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match.

quote:

match after match after match

That has to be the most bizarre and off-base criticism I've ever seen.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know when I start a wrestling company the first thing I'm going to do is complain about the competition having too much wrestling. Who wants that?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

That has to be the most bizarre and off-base criticism I've ever seen.

And yet incredibly Russo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sono posted:

Does it sound good PR wise? If he's looking for VC, that's a hell of a lot of people to pay for a two hour show. If he's looking at the fans, they're going to think, at best, 6 stars, 6 mid-carders, 488 JTGs.

The idea is he's scouring the planet for undiscovered talent and these 500 represent all the infinite possibilities of the GWF. In reality it means he's been doing this:

If you have any doubts that GFW should be discussed in the TNA thread or that there is any hope for this promotion, look who they are already involved with:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Hermie-Sadler-to-Compete-in-Denny-Hamlin-Charity-Race.html?soid=1112786617224&aid=7QhR6o7QbKc

Whoops, I meant

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well poo poo, if we're talking Kevin Nash and The Buswhackers maybe less matches actually is good.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Well poo poo, if we're talking Kevin Nash and The Buswhackers maybe less matches actually is good.

Listen, if a promotion were to suddenly pop up on national TV headlined by the Bushwhackers, you know you'd watch.

It's impossible not to watch that kind of trainwreck.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If GFW consists entirely of Kevin Nash doing backstage comedy segments I'd be down for them revisiting Jarrett's horrible weekly PPV idea.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i'm not sure if Jeff Jarrett has been watching TNA but I can definitely say for certain that it's problem isn't that there's too much wrestling, or that sometimes there's even any wrestling at all

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Just so I don't get anyone's hopes up but those pictures aren't an indication Jarrett is looking to sign those people, Jarrett is just taking photos with wrestlers at cons and adding text to the photos.

It's really, really sad.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oatgan posted:

i'm not sure if Jeff Jarrett has been watching TNA but I can definitely say for certain that it's problem isn't that there's too much wrestling, or that sometimes there's even any wrestling at all

His takeaway from TNA seems to be that the roster is too small and it's not interactive enough, along with the 'too much wrestling' thing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRafTer posted:

Just so I don't get anyone's hopes up but those pictures aren't an indication Jarrett is looking to sign those people, Jarrett is just taking photos with wrestlers at cons and adding text to the photos.

It's really, really sad.

Hahaha, wow.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

It's really, really sad.

oh my god hahahahaha that's so adorably pitiful

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Has Virgil #joinedtheforce yet?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I wish Jeff all the luck in the world because god knows we need a non TNA alternative to WWE (ROH is alright but god do they need to step up their production value game).

That said, this poo poo that he is doing is ridiculous.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thauros posted:

Has Virgil #joinedtheforce yet?

Jeff couldn't pony up the $20.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Jeff would be better off trying to start Memphis up as a territory again, then work on getting that on national television.

But instead we go straight to GLOBAL FORCE WRESTLING GUN TAKE OVER THE WORLD, WATCH OUT WWE!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

There's no more market in Memphis sadly. Those days are gone.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hakkesshu posted:

Goddamn Kurt Angle don't do it. Live out the rest of your probably short life in a promotion that isn't dumb as hell please

Is that even possible unless he goes back to WWE....actually what would it take for WWE allow him back?

Deadpool posted:

There's no more market in Memphis sadly. Those days are gone.

McMemphis 2.0 dreams dashed.

Also everyone needs to youtube McMemphis if you haven't seen it.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

MassRafTer posted:

Imagine you are one of those three.

If you go on the open market you aren't getting any interest from WWE. ROH probably isn't going to be interested either, not that you'd make big money there anyway. It's just that if ROH is interested some of the other indies that run regularly might be and maybe you can have a tiny bit of leverage in negotiations. NJPW isn't going to be interested. NOAH and All Japan are in dire straits right now and guess who Wrestle-1 has a deal with? I wouldn't expect CMLL to be interested and AAA seems to already know what American talent they want.

So what do you do, do you re-sign now for whatever the terms are or risk the open market where your only suitor might be GWF, possibly AAA's El Rey project. GWF isn't going to outbid TNA for that kind of talent. It's a Jeff Jarrett project, it's assuredly going to be run on the cheap. They'll pay for an Angle caliber name if they can, but not a Gunner caliber name. It's going to be run on the cheap and they probably won't want too many TNA cast offs. You also have no idea if it will actually get off the ground. AAA is going to get off the ground but there's no way to know how it will do on El Rey.

If TNA dies in six months you are at worst in the same place you were if you were a free agent. You'll get the same offer from GWF, AAA's future in the US will be more certain and who knows, maybe WWE buys TNA and absorbs some talent.

I thought TNA contracts were usually super low downsides with most of the money per-appearance. Dixie seems just terrible enough to sign these guys to those deals then when TNA finally pulls the plug on Impact claim it's just a hiatus and stop them from booking indie shows.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

gfanikf posted:

Is that even possible unless he goes back to WWE....actually what would it take for WWE allow him back?

I'm pretty sure that WWE would take Kurt back so long as he never wrestled again.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

skaboomizzy posted:

I thought TNA contracts were usually super low downsides with most of the money per-appearance. Dixie seems just terrible enough to sign these guys to those deals then when TNA finally pulls the plug on Impact claim it's just a hiatus and stop them from booking indie shows.

Some guys are on guarantees but most of the new deals are per appearance. I have no idea what a Gunner would get.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Hey, unlike any tag team working in WWE or TNA, the Bushwhackers have a ***** match under their belts!

Interestingly (at least to me), it's one of only two regular tag-team matches in the US to which Meltzer's given the full five, and the only one from a US-based promotion; the other is Guerrero/Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo/Octagón.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

tzirean posted:

Hey, unlike any tag team working in WWE or TNA, the Bushwhackers have a ***** match under their belts!

Interestingly (at least to me), it's one of only two regular tag-team matches in the US to which Meltzer's given the full five, and the only one from a US-based promotion; the other is Guerrero/Barr vs. El Hijo del Santo/Octagón.

More interestingly the Bushwhackers also have a match rated under -*****.

• Locked thread