Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shindragon posted:

It's probably more like Saitama just really wants a good fight without all the exposition by this dumbass boss. Basically literally like his dream where it's just punches and punches.

I would think he would be happy that he hasn't one shot this guy yet but I can't blame him for being annoyed.

Given that the only reason this guy survived is because he regenerates, I kind of think that it doesn't exactly count for his purposes of surviving one punch. It'd be like if he were fighting that thing down on the ground; sure, it'll survive, but it's not a threat and he'd still utterly wreck it with every touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Disappointed Saitama is loving scary, that is the face of someone you don't want to piss off :stare:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

RabidWeasel posted:

Disappointed Saitama is loving scary, that is the face of someone you don't want to piss off :stare:

The look of sheer contempt and disappointment Saitama has on his face is incredibly unnerving and is one of the scariest panels I've seen in a long time.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Haha. Saitama's plan was to let this guy wreck his own ship trying to fight him. It's beautiful.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Al-Saqr posted:

The look of sheer contempt and disappointment Saitama has on his face is incredibly unnerving and is one of the scariest panels I've seen in a long time.

I seriously cannot wait for the next arc Murata will cover.

(It has 300% more Bang so Im happy)

The Missing Link posted:

Haha. Saitama's plan was to let this guy wreck his own ship trying to fight him. It's beautiful.

Nah.
Not Saitama's style.

Squidster posted:

Alternately, motherfucker talks too much.

Ding ding ding.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ding ding ding.

Manga and anime needs more dudes that can't stand irritating speeches about how powerful villains are.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

RabidWeasel posted:

Pretty sure he could blink and kill everyone on the planet.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Wittgen posted:

Yeah. It has Licenseless Rider on the cover. Came out in December.

This is the best sentence I've read all day.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Al-Saqr posted:

Blah blah blah blah. Are you done yet?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He just looks so disappointed.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did they actually fight outside of the ship in the original? I don't remember that part.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Without having read the original I predict Saitama will punch Boros through the entire ship and the defeated carcass lands right in front of King. Also Bang is awesome.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PaganGoatPants posted:

Did they actually fight outside of the ship in the original? I don't remember that part.

Nah. They never left the 'throne room'. Just blew massive holes in the side of it.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pri Pri Prisoner's name is a pun or something in Japanese right? what is it?

e: Pri Pri is an onomatopoeia for Huffing and Puffing.

Kild fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 30, 2014

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

Kild posted:

I always thought that it was 'Pretty Pretty Prisoner' from 'Pu-rri Pu-rri', at least I think that's what I've read somewhere.

I think this would make more sense, but with puns and sound effects (especially Korean sound effects) in manga, I don't even know

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

Nah I don't agree. I don't think it's contempt. It's more disappointment and sadness. Like some above poster said he sympathises with Mr Eye.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kild posted:

What do you huff and puff during?

It's a crass sex joke.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

What do you huff and puff during?

It's a crass sex joke.

"Sloppy apologies prisoner"? That doesn't make any sense.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
So it's kind of like "Fap Faprisoner", then?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

DrSunshine posted:

So it's kind of like "Fap Faprisoner", then?

Fap Fap Felon?

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Personally my favored (not necessarily the most accurate) interpretation is that he looks like someone who could go huff puff and blow down a house big bad wolf style.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Soylentbits posted:

Fap Fap Felon?

That would probably come closest, though it implies a solo act. One mustn't forget he's basically one big prison rape joke.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Non-Con(sensual) Convict.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Kild posted:

Having A Bunch of Butt Sex While A Prisoner In Jail

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Rah Rah Rapist.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fiend Computer posted:

Rah Rah Rapist.

Sounds like a cheerleader hero.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Brought To You By posted:

Sounds like a cheerleader hero.

Give him the D! D!

But hey, enough of that, here's this instead;
http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/46/

Short but stunning lil' chapter.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Popo posted:

Give him the D! D!

Really flipping the script. Art is outstanding! :swoon:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Popo posted:

Give him the D! D!

Those poor aliens. :(

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Boros is definitely a parody of all the stupidly overpowered anime villains, complete with ridiculous power-up and big, spiky hair.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
english chapter http://www.batoto.net/read/_/237361/onepunch-man_ch34.7_by_nerieru-scans/1

page 4 :allears:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Daler Mehndi posted:

Those poor aliens. :(

That was my immediate thought too. :ohdear: Hopefully some of them survive to work for the Heros.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Hahahahaha, that ship is so hosed and obviously Saitama's just going to be irritated.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love this manga, but I find myself cursing at every chapter ever since I caught up whenever I get to the page saying when's the next chapter.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I love this manga, but I find myself cursing at every chapter ever since I caught up whenever I get to the page saying when's the next chapter.

I was just thinking the same thing. Every page is a work of art though. It's amazing. Did you notice squiggly Saitama on the first page?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Just got an email that Volume 2 of Viz's digital version is up for sale now. Re-read while we wait for the next chapter!

Shadow0 posted:

I was just thinking the same thing. Every page is a work of art though. It's amazing. Did you notice squiggly Saitama on the first page?

Such a great drawing. :allears:

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

So I stepped away from this series a year ago or so and just binged through all the chapters again. Holy poo poo, I forgot how god like Murata is in his drawing. Now I'm all caught up, and I have wait for chapters just like everyone else. :( Also, we still haven't seen what Watchdogman does yet (I hope its kept a secret running joke for a bit longer only because the reality can't possibly be as good as our imagination... can it?).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Optimus Subprime posted:

So I stepped away from this series a year ago or so and just binged through all the chapters again. Holy poo poo, I forgot how god like Murata is in his drawing. Now I'm all caught up, and I have wait for chapters just like everyone else. :( Also, we still haven't seen what Watchdogman does yet (I hope its kept a secret running joke for a bit longer only because the reality can't possibly be as good as our imagination... can it?).

If you're jonesin you can always read the original webcomic version; it's all been translated.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

If you're jonesin you can always read the original webcomic version; it's all been translated.

I'm probably just going to wait on Murata, but is the original complete?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Shadow0 posted:

I'm probably just going to wait on Murata, but is the original complete?

Nope, though it is a hell of a lot farther along than Murata's version is.