Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

wyoming posted:

Because it's delicious.

No, its nasty, because it's a Warm Food that is in a non-warm state. Eat Warm Foods warm, and Cold Foods cold.

Pizza is a Warm Food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MisterBibs posted:

No, its nasty, because it's a Warm Food that is in a non-warm state. Eat Warm Foods warm, and Cold Foods cold.

Pizza is a Warm Food.

Pizza is food, in its platonic state. There's been pages long arguments about which poo poo hole fake Mexican chain has better tasting Mexican food (it's whichever one has stronger/cheaper margaritas, by the way), and you're going to bitch about people eating cold pizza?

You mentioned reheating pizza, do you use a microwave for that, because if you do, I kinda want to punch you in the face.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
I'm so passionate about pizza temperature I will literally kill someone.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Professor Clumsy posted:

I'm so passionate about pizza temperature I will literally kill someone.

Stab 'em in the chest?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Hewlett posted:

He's busy in the Cap 2 thread raking the film over the coals for not fully committing to the radical Marxist revolution a film needs to be good.
You've got the causality backwards: not all Marxist films are good, but all good films are Marxist.

Dark Knight, for example, is a very good film about a shitheaded liberal. Cap 2 is first and foremost ugly, bland, and badly written.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

therattle posted:

Stab 'em in the chest?

Yeah, why not?

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

Say what you want about it, one of the best cold pizzas is Dominos.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Wilhelm Scream posted:

Well, I will say no. No to that.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Wilhelm Scream posted:

Dominos is to pizza what McDonalds is to burgers. It's not necessarily bad, but it's cheap, quick and a whole different category to the real thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wilhelm Scream posted:

To misquote SMG, not all Marxists pizza is good but all good puzza is Marxist. Domino's is a fascist company. On a serious note, chain pizza is poo poo and Domino's is poo poo pizza owned by incredibly lovely people. A portion of every pizza you buy pays for groups preventing women from having access to family planning services.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
People should maybe not eat something literally called junk food. I guess it's more appealing than just calling it garbage food. Trash dinner. Rubbish cuisine.

I mean it hasn't stopped me on occasion, but do as I say not as I do.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

People should maybe not eat something literally called junk food. I guess it's more appealing than just calling it garbage food. Trash dinner. Rubbish cuisine.

I mean it hasn't stopped me on occasion, but do as I say not as I do.

Pizza isn't junk food, it's the best food, if you know what you're doing you can get every single food group on a single axis.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Skwirl posted:

Pizza isn't junk food,

Dominos pizza sure is.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Calling all coolguys who like to analyse films: Watch an anime with a relevant thread still going in ADTRW and apply actual critical analysis to it. The response is 100% hilarious and fun, people will defend shows they like will such baller opinions as 'it doesn't MEAN anything! This show is poo poo, and I eat it up!'

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
The best way to reheat pizza is in a skillet. Crispy crust, melty cheese.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Hbomberguy posted:

Calling all coolguys who like to analyse films: Watch an anime with a relevant thread still going in ADTRW and apply actual critical analysis to it. The response is 100% hilarious and fun, people will defend shows they like will such baller opinions as 'it doesn't MEAN anything! This show is poo poo, and I eat it up!'

To be fair, that's exactly what people said in the Avengers thread.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Professor Clumsy posted:

To be fair, that's exactly what people said in the Avengers thread.

Avengers is bad for all the same reasons as anime.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

If Mulholland Drive was exactly the same, but instead of a two-hour movie it was six animated episodes of a show, ADTRW would insist the entire thing was an excuse for the lesbian sex scene towards the end and total garbage with no plot or meaning.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I just saw an article about an anime where a young boy powers a superobot by groping women, which seems like it could either be parody or just business as usual.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

After watching and enjoying Cap 2, I went and watched Avengers. It was rubbish, and really badly directed.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Hausu is a weird movie. Funny, though. In a way.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

not all Marvel films are good, but all good films are Marvel.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

My goodness, someone with a Disney's Marvel's Avengers character in his avatar doesn't like SMG. I wonder why...

I hope a detective out there can help me solve this mystery!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hbomberguy posted:

My goodness, someone with a Disney's Marvel's Avengers character in his avatar doesn't like SMG. I wonder why...

I hope a detective out there can help me solve this mystery!

What? I love SMG! Why else would I fix his typo? I got his back.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Watching Slacker (1991) for the first time.

What an odd movie this is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN_VBc98dzg

Skwirl posted:

You're an idiot. Here is the proper hierarchy of pizza (ignoring coasts and crusts, and assuming you are starting with a halfway decent pizza): fresh pizza > cold pizza > reheated pizza. there are some tricks you can do with cold pizza to make it better warm, but it's a lot of effort for not that much gain. Make your oven incredibly hot, wrap the pizza slice in tin foil and throw it in for about 4 minutes, but that involves waiting for your oven to heat up to at least 450 degrees, and most people eating left over pizza are either too lazy or too busy to deal with that kind of poo poo, that's why we order delivery in the first place.

If you were suggesting microwaving pizza, then I hope you burn in hell.
Reheat pizza on the stove in a large covered skillet with oil. The crust stays crispy and the toppings get reheated without being burnt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIJNaA-JNA

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Avengers is bad for all the same reasons as anime.
Avengers is pretty much anime

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That is the terrible looking Avengers Anime where they are turned into pokemon and used by children in the heat of battle. Although I am sure we can find golden subtext.

What I don't get is they have clout now where they can actually get talented creative staff behind animated properties and yet produce that. Cash in but be good man.

Then again I think Disney should take women Marvel characters and make Princess and Pixar like movies. Carol Danvers lost in space can find herself queen of the Kree after the dying original Captain Marvel gives her his power or something. I'm pretty sure Steve Rogers is Cinderella and the soldier serum the magic where he gets beautified and becomes the belle of the ball that is America.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 16, 2014

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Cardboard Box A posted:

Reheat pizza on the stove in a large covered skillet with oil. The crust stays crispy and the toppings get reheated without being burnt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIJNaA-JNA
Or a sandwich press with the top plate set so it doesn't actually touch the top of the pizza.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Or a sandwich press with the top plate set so it doesn't actually touch the top of the pizza.

You mean propped open with a stick like a Looney Tunes trap?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Jay Dub posted:

Catch your roommates in the act of stealing your food!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure a cast iron pan can be used to cook anything and has purposes beyond cooking. I've made good pizza in there.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jay Dub posted:

If you want to catch Wet Bandits, yeah.

Otherwise lots of them have an adjustable spacer type things to hold the two plates apart.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Catch your roommates in the act of stealing your food!

Every time my roommate's girlfriend cooks, I float into the kitchen led by opaque smell waves.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

There are people in the Captain Earth thread in ADTRW madly insisting that a show where libido and orgasm energy are literally power sources for space robots has no sexual subtext and that anyone who says otherwise is over thinking it.

morestuff posted:

I just saw an article about an anime where a young boy powers a superobot by groping women, which seems like it could either be parody or just business as usual.

The thing about anime is that its probably both.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Noxville posted:

After watching and enjoying Cap 2, I went and watched Avengers. It was rubbish, and really badly directed.

This, but I didn't need to watch Cap 2 first to figure that out.

I feel like I'm going crazy, most of my friends think Avengers is the best of the Marvel movies and hate most if not all of the others. It's just such an ugly movie and it feels so much more like some invisible child playing with action figures than any of the other movies.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Apr 16, 2014

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Octy posted:

Hausu is a weird movie. Funny, though. In a way.

It's very deliberately a comedy. And a great one at that.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The table-breaking size works really well for this gag.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Brilliant!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

DNS posted:

Batting cleanup for Dickeye. drat thats a new indignity even for a lovely retard like you.

You're like the chief dude who torments us with gay rear end crap about comics and music. Or at least #2 (thats not the only way you're like #2, lol) behind Dickeye. I want to plunge a knife into your yankee chest while whispering "shh, shh" like the guy from Saving Private Ryan. An insanely stupid and self-impressed fruit like you doesn't have any business looking down on the lowest paramecium, let alone Subg.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I AM SO SORRY THAT I WAS NOT ON THE INTERNET LAST NIGHT. I AM THE WORST MOD.

EDIT: This is literally the only line from that rant that I would feel okay with making the thread title and I am now actually even reconsidering this.

DOUBLE EDIT: Never mind, this is way funnier.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

I'm pretty sure a cast iron pan can be used to cook anything and has purposes beyond cooking. I've made good pizza in there.

Cast iron is God's gift to chefs.

• Locked thread