Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

coyo7e posted:

I'm sorry, I just don't know who this royal "We" is referring to, sorry.

Sorry I used inclusive rhetoric to underline a point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Not only was the Blade Runner WOFF very entertaining despite the Skype difficulties, but I enjoyed the triumphant return of Gary's needy cat. Charlie (pictured) is happy to know that other cats also view a human at a computer as a must-pester situation.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

That was recorded before his surgery, actually. I think his meows are a little different now but no one else seems to be able to hear it.

EDIT: Thanks Umalt!

Woffle fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 15, 2014

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Gary, I just wanna let you guys know that the latest Abject Suffering skit is the funniest one you've guys done yet on either that show or WOFF.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Episode 2 of The Game That Got Away is out! It answers so many questions! Did Steve fix his pond? (No)
Was Guy a little bit pissed for the first interview? (Yes)
How the hell did Guy manage to get the deputy editor of one of the UK's leading political magazines to appear on his two-bit podcast? (hosed if I know)

Link is here if anyone's keen: http://www.gatecrashnetwork.com/portfolio-items/2-steve-mcneil-helen-lewis/

Also on iTunes &c.

Thoughts appreciated as ever.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
The Watch Out for Fireballs! Hardware special is up and ready for you to listen to. I really like this one, and I hope you do too.

http://duckfeed.tv/woff/71

We had a bit of a schedule shakeup, so here's the new lineup: Up next is Shadow of the Colossus, then Killer7, and THEN Alpha Protocol with a special guest interview with Chris Avellone.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
SotC and Killer7 are two of my favorite games, can't wait. Did y'all play the HD remake or the original? The HD version is perfect, although slightly harder.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Song For The Deaf posted:

The Watch Out for Fireballs! Hardware special is up and ready for you to listen to. I really like this one, and I hope you do too.

We had a bit of a schedule shakeup, so here's the new lineup: Up next is Shadow of the Colossus, then Killer7, and THEN Alpha Protocol with a special guest interview with Chris Avellone.

yay, another Chris episode coming up! Really cool that you got him on your podcast again.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I'm doing the HD remake.

Chris is a great dude and I'm so happy he's coming back. I think Alpha Protocol is grotesquely underrated and he's one of my all time favorite game makers.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Super episode of idle thumbs. For the record I love that chris uses the word "bonkers".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Bonkers is a pretty good word.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
It's an overused meme.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

coyo7e posted:

It's an overused meme.

This is super problematic.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

coyo7e posted:

It's an overused meme.

It's just a uk every day expression. Don't think that counts as a meme any more than me saying "dude" or some thing (I'm english).

Oh sorry :)

Chumppell posted:

Pretty sure he's making reference to a discussion that occurred a few pages back.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 17, 2014

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Pretty sure he's making reference to a discussion that occurred a few pages back.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.

EC posted:

SotC and Killer7 are two of my favorite games, can't wait. Did y'all play the HD remake or the original? The HD version is perfect, although slightly harder.

I'm playing the HD remake as well... but I've spent a tremendous amount of time on the original (including Hard Mode, Time Attack, and Hard Time Attack). Those items, man. Those items.

Beard Yawn
Apr 11, 2011

You would make a good Dalek.
Sean showing up at the end of that episode randomly just tore my brain apart.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Beard Yawn posted:

Sean showing up at the end of that episode randomly just tore my brain apart.

Yeah that was hilarious.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I was laughing so hard when Nick Breckon lost his mind about Ac4 and his live journal.

Congrats Nick

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Yeah sorry, I thought it was a pretty obvious callback to earlier in the thread. ;)

I seem to recall Chris using 'bonkers' somewhat regularly however, I do not see that as being problematic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

coyo7e posted:

It's an overused meme.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I wish that Nick was playing closer attention in the beginning of AC4 because you actually are working for a sub-studio of literally Ubisoft in the fiction, just because it would've probably blown their minds if he remembers this. You learn this in the first 15 minutes.

Opendork
Jan 14, 2006

Kinda unrelated, but I think you guys say in this that you did an Abject Suffering for JJ and Jeff? I don't think I've gotten around to sending anything else because I'm usually lurker as gently caress but I suggested that game after you asked for games from offbeat consoles and I can't find it on the site.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Opendork posted:

Kinda unrelated, but I think you guys say in this that you did an Abject Suffering for JJ and Jeff? I don't think I've gotten around to sending anything else because I'm usually lurker as gently caress but I suggested that game after you asked for games from offbeat consoles and I can't find it on the site.

It's actually a Kickstarter exclusive bonus thing we did as a lark when Kole was crashing at my place. Since you suggested it, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't have access though. Get in touch with us via duckfeed.tv/contact.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh man, y'all reminding me of Moraff.... I just went and found a copy of Moraff's Revenge, I haven't played that game in like 25 years! You know what? It still kind of holds up, as a fairly basic roguelike. You can actually buy those Moraff dungeon games on his company's website as a pack for $20 (which seems a little ambitious).

Woffle posted:

I think Alpha Protocol is grotesquely underrated and he's one of my all time favorite game makers.
Alpha Protocol is like Mass Effect's older brother who's out drinking and smoking and banging while Mass Effect's in his room playing with spaceship toys and discovering his manbits to green alien ladies on Star Trek reruns.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Al! posted:

I wish that Nick was playing closer attention in the beginning of AC4 because you actually are working for a sub-studio of literally Ubisoft in the fiction, just because it would've probably blown their minds if he remembers this. You learn this in the first 15 minutes.

It would be hilarious if you had to sign up for a uplay account in game.

I actually have a code for ac4 that came with my gpu but it's like 35 gigs or some thing outrageous and my net sucks. I should definitely play this game though.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.
The AC4 discussion was very funny. I just love how serious and poignant the pirate stuff manages to be, juxtaposed against the meta-story part which is completely self-aware stupidity and banality. And it works somehow.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
This week's Thumbs was super good.

I liked the internet friendships reader mail because I've followed a really similar arc.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
This week's idle thumbs reminded me that I still haven't finished a game in Civ V yet, so I started one up the other day. :unsmith:

Also what's the scoop on the "Breckon's live journal" thing? Also the "gently caress/congrats nick" thing is something I never knew the origin of. It's bonkers, isn't it?

ja2ke
Feb 19, 2004

Stan Taylor posted:

Also the "gently caress/congrats nick" thing is something I never knew the origin of. It's bonkers, isn't it?

It was one of the last things Nick said when leaving on episode 50. It was his impression of what readers would say when hearing he's leaving to enter game development (congrats nick!) which was also bringing about the end of the podcast for the foreseeable future (gently caress nick!).

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Stan Taylor posted:

This week's idle thumbs reminded me that I still haven't finished a game in Civ V yet, so I started one up the other day. :unsmith:

It's fine. The best way to play any Civ game is to get up to about the industrial error, get annoyed with the amount of micro (or decide you've won the game already,) then start over. I think I've finished one out of every 10 games or so.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

With all the robot talk on Idle Thumbs, the timing of the latest On The Media podcast is a great follow up. It's 100% about robots and how they are already changing everything. Includes a segment speculating (with a slightly greater degree of seriousness) what Google intends to do with all that robot technology. http://www.onthemedia.org/story/on-the-media-2014-04-18/?utm_source=local&utm_media=treatment&utm_campaign=carousel&utm_content=item0

I friggin' love Brooke.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

NmareBfly posted:

It's fine. The best way to play any Civ game is to get up to about the industrial error ...

Luddite.

Dadjacket
Jul 23, 2004

HIPSTER PITCHFORK CARDIGAN SCARF
The random Flintstones Kids chat in the b-reel of that Idle Thumbs episode that came out the week that Martin O'Donnell was let go from Bungie was already weirding me out enough but then also Sean just busting in during the outtro was just bonkers. Super Good Ep.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
It reminds me of how the Ghost of Nick Breckon still haunts the Dotato Day intro. Classic Thumb move!

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

I really enjoyed listening to the WOFF hardware special while doing garage work this weekend. Your Guitar Hero story is sort of similar to mine. I remember the whole release date of the original was weird in that stores were apparently just putting it on the shelves when they got it. As a long time guitarist myself (been playing in bands for around 15 years) I knew I had to have it when it came out. I actually scored my copy of GH1 a couple days before "official release" at a Best Buy as an employee had set them out not really knowing what it was. When I opened the box at a friends house and saw the babby SG controller we all figured that this game was either going to be the best game or the worst; there just didn't look to be an in between. Of course it turned out being the best. There was hardly a party for the next year where Guitar Hero wasn't available somewhere. The soundtrack of #1 was fantastic. After a couple years I lost interest in plastic instrument games but Guitar Hero #1 will always hold a special place in my heart. I actually got decent at taking apart the controllers and painting them and had quite a few. My favorite though was one a buddy did for me. I said I wanted an over the top "metal as gently caress" paint scheme and he airbrushed me this -

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

That's fantastic. I am looking for cheap instruments RIGHT NOW.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Woffle posted:

That's fantastic. I am looking for cheap instruments RIGHT NOW.

I got the urge to play Rock Band again recently, and looked for drums on Amazon. They were in the range of $150-200 for Xbox 360 RB2 drums.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

I got the urge to play Rock Band again recently, and looked for drums on Amazon. They were in the range of $150-200 for Xbox 360 RB2 drums.

On Craigslist I'm finding closer to 40 bucks. Then again, I'm risking a scenario where I'm forced to earn "dungeonbucks" by doing oddjobs in some sort of dungeon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
craigslist is the place to go for people who need forty bucks right now and are willing to give you all their plastic instruments for it. Just bring Lysol.

edit: gently caress, beaten

• Locked thread