Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fozzie Bear
Jun 4, 2000

Rockin' out at the god damn bank
We went to legoland california about a month ago with the kid (7,4,2) and they had a blast. I was looking forward to miniland USA, but was pretty disappointed by it, everything was so sun faded it looked pretty bad.

They had the basement movie set set up and you could walk around it, that was probably the coolest thing for my wife and I. The kids looooo-oooved the water park area (pirates themed). The rides are pretty boring, but the kids loved them. make sure you go to driving school, the kids get to drive around in little cars on a track. depending on their age, they get different tracks (under 5 was an oval, over 5 was a city set-up.

The whole family had fun, although for my wife and I it was more watching the kids have a blast.

don't bother with the extra money for a fast pass thing, if you see a line over 30 minutes, just skip the ride and go somewhere else, they really aren't worth waiting for, or paying extra to not wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Ausgoons: Went to Myer this weekend and they had a buy 2 get 1 free sale on toys (picked up a few movie minifigs). At Fountain Gate, if it matters.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Apparently Simpsons minifigs are starting to show up in Toys R US and wal-marts this past weekend. Anyone pick any up?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Build seems kind of wobbly if you watch the video to the end, but it sure looks cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDMfrCe6zWQ&t=71s

The hands in particular really impressed me once I figured out where the fingers came from. :v:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
Target sent me an email that said my pickup order had been canceled because I never picked it up. So I guess I got 2 75103's for free? :pwn:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Is it possible to have a working gear system in LDD or do I have to use some other software? I am trying to replicate the effects of a video I saw, but the best I could do was to put two gear wheels (4019) on two 1x1 technic bricks with axles and have each other turn by using the hinge tools on their axles, but not both at the same time: the motion is not very gears-likey, because it seems that the gear I am turning just "skips" the space of the other gear teeth instead of make the other gear turn.

I'm using LDD 4.3 with the standard lego library (neither mindstorms nor extended).

The video I'm trying to replicate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ5jiikMJoQ

My setup:

The REAL Gtab Fan
Apr 12, 2007

Let it post, let it post, can't wait to shit post anymore~
Let it go, let it go, gonna vote one and move onnnnnn~
Is there a way to buy minifigures that aren't current for anything less than like 20$ a pop? I just really want a Captain Rex and a Captain Cody and I don't know why.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Is there a way to buy minifigures that aren't current for anything less than like 20$ a pop? I just really want a Captain Rex and a Captain Cody and I don't know why.

Star Wars minifigures are expensive no matter what, especially the named ones.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There will almost certainly be another Cody someday, unsure about Rex since he was a CW character I think.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Cloks posted:

Last post about the Target deal - I swear. I finished building 75103 and it's a great set for the price but maybe not one I'd pay fifty dollars for. It has very solid construction, not as big as I expected but heavy, with a nice weight to it and the spring-loaded cannon is a play-feature that's actually pretty fun to use. The building is a bit repetitive, mostly because of the six identical legs but the main body of the vehicle was a fun and interesting build. If you're buying it just for parts there are a lot that are useful, including the blue bubble window that's only in this set. Overall I'd give it a solid 7/10 at fifty dollars but a 10/10 at 18.

Pretty much agree. The model is nice if repetitive, but I think you are paying a lot for the extra minifigs on this one. The box even brags about them being hard-to-find. And there's no mechanism to move the spider legs, so it's a "sit in one place and fire the gun" kind of model.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So I guess these dudes just put random poo poo in shotgun shells and see what happens

They filled a shell with Lego and shot some stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzW0oOByWKY

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Broke down and bought Metalbeard's Sea Cow. If the B-Wing is any indication, it should be here in a couple days. I am a sucker for double points, and also my daughter wants the double-decker couch and also Seasick Unikitty and and and

I think I my just explode from Lego Nerd Joy when Benny's Spaceship is released.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks to me like the birdshot he used to fill in the shells was doing more damage than the lego pieces themselves.. probably because the lego bricks started tumbling and slowed down and allowed the shot to get the first damage in.

Though the bricks did leave some pretty big holes in the car bumper. :v:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Oh, there's a companion video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZrgpXIyIRY

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shooting minifigs cracked me up for some reason. Just the thought of some poor little plastic man headbutting a watermelon at 1000 fps is hilarious.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cross postin' these pics someone put up in the funny pictures thread...

Little Blackfly posted:

I love how ok it seems to be with it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Holy crap those AT-AT's own.

That rock wall is awesome too.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Saw the PotA and was immediately amazed, then they just kept going.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Goddamn, microscale is so loving cool. Anyone got any tips for building up your microscale chops?

justincredible
Mar 26, 2014

just too incredible

deoju posted:

Cross postin' these pics someone put up in the funny pictures thread...

these are pretty freakin sweet

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

chaosbreather posted:

Goddamn, microscale is so loving cool. Anyone got any tips for building up your microscale chops?

Just start loving around with stuff you normally don't use in builds? grab a random selection of parts and build something small, speaking of which, I haven't built anything in ages, gotta fix that.

Learn some more advanced SNOT techniques as well, microscale builds will generally need you to cheat at LEGO.

Anything in particular you'd like help with?

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Uk goons, Argos discounting some Chima stuff: http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Sea...&referrer=COJUN

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

chaosbreather posted:

LEGO has a whole bunch of video guides, no idea if they are worth watching. They pop up once in a while hidden amongst 800 Chima/Ninjago videos if you subscribe to their channel. :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LEGO/search?query=microsquare

These are sometimes interesting
https://www.youtube.com/user/LEGO/search?query=blocumentary

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr
I'd love to do the BTTF one, to have next to the Delorean

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

PeePot posted:

LEGO has a whole bunch of video guides, no idea if they are worth watching. They pop up once in a while hidden amongst 800 Chima/Ninjago videos if you subscribe to their channel. :argh:

https://www.youtube.com/user/LEGO/search?query=microsquare

These are sometimes interesting
https://www.youtube.com/user/LEGO/search?query=blocumentary

oh my god is it really necessary to put a a 20 second intro in a 50 second video :psyduck:

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
I'm torn on those micro sets. They look amazing, but look like they would fall apart if bumped (or more likely they're glued together). In the BttF one, the 2x2 flat tiles on top of the clock tower appear to just be setting there and the building itself may just be sitting on the light gray pieces. And the desert skiff has antenna pieces stuck in the side of the 2x1 "grating."

My biggest problem with the BttF one is the placement of the fire. The clock house should be moved one tile to the right with the fire tracks running perpendicular to it. Like this:

G F C C C
G F G G G
G F G G G
G F G G G
P G G G G

G: ground, F: fire, C: clock tower, P: pole

That way the string could go straight to the pole from the clock like in the movie.

Now I wish I had the architect kit to build a model Hill Valley like Doc did in his garage.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Mr. Glass posted:

oh my god is it really necessary to put a a 20 second intro in a 50 second video :psyduck:

For a laugh everyone should subscribe to their YouTube channel for a day or two. 10 Chima or Friends videos a day, in 10 different languages. I only subscribe for the occasional designer review of new big sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lego posted this on their FB page:

Look at what he's leaning on...

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

The_Doctor posted:

Lego posted this on their FB page:

Look at what he's leaning on...

Old school batmobile??

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

squarerandom posted:

Old school batmobile??

I've waited my whole life to own an Adam West minifig.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What's the eta on Simpsons minifigs being in stores? I want to buy an unmolested box.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

What's the eta on Simpsons minifigs being in stores? I want to buy an unmolested box.

Official word is may, but they're already being put out at some stores. Heard about people picking them up at toys r us.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
How can I find out if a set (LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra) has stickers included?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Red posted:

How can I find out if a set (LEGO Superheroes 76017 Captain America vs. Hydra) has stickers included?

Try searching for the set in the stickers category on bricklink. Don't know if that's a sure thing though.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

Red posted:

Easier is to just look at the set's inventory on bricklink. Here it is and yes, it has stickers. Newer sets may not have an inventory, but they are usually up pretty quickly after the set's released.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I've waited my whole life to own an Adam West minifig.

It needs the drawn-on eyebrows on the mask, though.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Yeah, I've got that one sitting on my desk at work. Four stickers: two hydra symbols and the number 65 twice.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Threw this little guy together today:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

AllisonByProxy posted:

Threw this little guy together today:

That's awesome. You're awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

May 1st is "official" day. Some WalMarts and Toys R Us have been breaking street date however.