Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Burt Buckle posted:

What is his left side?

Nightwing, I think. Don't know why he colored the full face though.

Picture being talked about since it's a new page;

Kifisonfire posted:

Devitt is crossing over into DC comics now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Stallion Cabana posted:

Nightwing, I think. Don't know why he colored the full face though.

Picture being talked about since it's a new page;

Looks like, Spider-Man 2099. Still sticking with his Spider-Man theme.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Burt Buckle posted:

What is his left side?
I thought it was Batman from Batman Beyond but I don't remember him having a red mask now.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Ahhhh that makes more sense. Has he done Carnage yet?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

You are correct.

I have failed at being a comic book nerd and am forever shamed, where do I turn in my card :smith:

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Kifisonfire posted:

I thought it was Batman from Batman Beyond but I don't remember him having a red mask now.

Ahhhh that makes more sense. Has he done Carnage yet?

That was the first one he did at Wrestle Kingdom this year.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Herr Tog posted:

I would appreciate seeing this.

I wish I had saved that picture, but this was during the peak of his drug and alcohol issues a couple years back and everybody was hating on him. He took a picture of his account statement to show that he was still a multi-millionaire, which was one of the douchiest things I've seen from him that year(besides faking his own death).

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

That was the first one he did at Wrestle Kingdom this year.

I feel really stupid now since I watched that show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Kifisonfire posted:

For reference:

So far Devitt's been Carnage, Venom, Spawn, Scarlet Spider (Kaine version) and half-Spider-Man/half-Spider-Man 2099. My money's on Deadpool for the next one.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

He needs to do Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider with the hoodie

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like Devitt could rock an Iron Man look really well.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

it was cool the first time or two but idk why the hell devitt is trying to make his gimmick a half naked bodypaint cosplayer. and this is comin from a loser with comic book tattoos.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Like we all expected to happen, aging has hit Tajiri like a sock full of pennies, because he now looks a bit like Atsushi Onita.

Better than the sack full of doorknobs that hit Mikey.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Tajiri has the thousand yard stare of the personal carer that's just about had enough of their clients poo poo in the Supermarket.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

From that photo it looks like Tajiri might just need a shave and a haircut. He no doubt has plans in motion to outlive us all.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

Delsaber posted:

From that photo it looks like Tajiri might just need a shave and a haircut. He no doubt has plans in motion to outlive us all.

Buzz saw kicks for every man, woman, and child?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Kifisonfire posted:

I feel really stupid now since I watched that show.

Don't be, at the time half the people thought it was an Attack on Titan reference.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tajiri looks a hell of a lot less sneaky without the beard.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Aku posted:

I wish I had saved that picture, but this was during the peak of his drug and alcohol issues a couple years back and everybody was hating on him. He took a picture of his account statement to show that he was still a multi-millionaire, which was one of the douchiest things I've seen from him that year(besides faking his own death).

Hahahaha goddamn

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

sticklefifer posted:

And his eyebrows look loving HUGE.

Mikey doesn't look that bad, IMO. He just looks like a dude who is out of shape now, but seems happy and healthy. It's not like he was ever a handsome dude or chiseled.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

sticklefifer posted:

That's just how sneaky he is.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bryan's YES chant has now spread to pro hockey.

http://www.961kiss.com/onair/the-morning-freak-show-46988/pens-win-game-1-43-against-12262348/

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Rad R. posted:

Well, I'm sorry but I have a soft spot for Sting. I was a goth kid and he was the Crow. Brandon Lee wasn't the Crow because he died, Vincent Perez wasn't the Crow because he sucked, so Sting was the Crow. I've seen SOME of his TNA stuff, but I did avoid his Joker Mask Madman gimmick - maybe I was protecting myself.
I'm with you on that, but it's very easy to see guys as "iconic" because you're nostalgic about an era in which they had a really hot angle. Sting had one really hot year during the Attitude era, and even then he wasn't WCW's top draw. Daze Meltzer goes over it in a long post about Sting's HoF candidacy.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pens played wrestling themes pretty regularly during game two last night. I remember HHH and Bryan's themes being played twice each.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Phenix Rising posted:

And his eyebrows look loving HUGE.

Mikey doesn't look that bad, IMO. He just looks like a dude who is out of shape now, but seems happy and healthy. It's not like he was ever a handsome dude or chiseled.

Are you kidding me? He's in such bad shape that he needs Tajiri to push him around in a shopping cart all the time! The hell that man must be living. :smith:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pens played wrestling themes pretty regularly during game two last night. I remember HHH and Bryan's themes being played twice each.

Does that mean wrestling is cool again?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

A bunch of hockey teams play HHH's theme right before the puck drops to begin every game. Pens did it at their game I went to in 2011 and my local team (Indiana Ice) does it too.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

We can finally wear our WWE shirts in public without shame.

Always Poundin' rear end :c00l:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Liar Lyre posted:

If it does that means Jason Giambi has single handedly made wrestling cool for the last decade and a half.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Wrestling is for nerds!

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
I know Rock is on 'performance enhancers' but he always looks healthier than a lot of other guys who do it. Is it just in my head or does anyone else notice this?

Basically I hope it's not just wishful thinking not wanting him to die young like so many others.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

maniacripper posted:

I know Rock is on 'performance enhancers' but he always looks healthier than a lot of other guys who do it. Is it just in my head or does anyone else notice this?

Basically I hope it's not just wishful thinking not wanting him to die young like so many others.

He's not on a wrestling schedule and has more time to focus on gym/eating. Honestly I feel like he's de-Hulked a bit since Pain and Gain where holy poo poo he must have been taking horse roids.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Sum Mors posted:

Wrestling is for nerds!

Samoan Guy Dudley?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sum Mors posted:

Wrestling is for nerds!

It's for the film he's doing where he comes home from the war to be terrified that his son is a nerd.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
"It's not a comedy."

Rock looks so good because he doesn't live the wrestling lifestyle, he is paid to be giant and muscular, as a Hollywood actor he has all the best PEDs available, and he is a millionaire who can afford to eat/live as perfectly as possible for his constant action movie roles. He basically has the best life of anyone on the planet except those who are born into royalty.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Sum Mors posted:

Wrestling is for nerds!

OH YEAH!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

"It's not a comedy."

Rock looks so good because he doesn't live the wrestling lifestyle, he is paid to be giant and muscular, as a Hollywood actor he has all the best PEDs available, and he is a millionaire who can afford to eat/live as perfectly as possible for his constant action movie roles. He basically has the best life of anyone on the planet except those who are born into royalty.
Yeah, I'm not saying that Hollywood actors don't do roids, but it's surprising how much lean muscle someone can gain when their job for six months is "memorize this script and get in shape (with help from expert trainers)."

Edit: More wrestlers need a steroid-free role-model.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Apr 21, 2014

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sum Mors posted:

Wrestling is for nerds!

Alternatively: Dwayne Dibbly?!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Halloween Jack posted:

Yeah, I'm not saying that Hollywood actors don't do roids, but it's surprising how much lean muscle someone can gain when their job for six months is "memorize this script and get in shape (with help from expert trainers)."

Edit: More wrestlers need a steroid-free role-model.

Dusty ain't done no PEDs except the jelly donuts, daddy.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Bigass Moth posted:

He basically has the best life of anyone on the planet except those who are born into royalty.

And he manages to be a total goofus instead of a disgusting hedonist, which speaks to his character a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

We used to have Mr. Kennedy announce when Tyler Kennedy scored long after he was in TNA. Pittsburgh has gotten in the wrestling spirit it seems, first the Pirates, now the Pens, hell I won't be surprised when Steelers fans start doing it after Renegade starts playing of course.