Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rat should be our totem he totes has that Anzac spirit down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Swires watches Doug rooting around in the dirt outside the cabin.

"I wouldn't be doing that with my bare hands mate" he calls out.

"Plenty of hippy-dippy nut cakes living out here without septic tanks, doing their business into the ground like a bunch of savages. Thinking their gonna save the dolphins by farting in jars. It's the Chinese we need to be worried about. They're the ones turning them into cat food."
hahahah

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

lmao

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
Holy poo poo xylo, how do you know so much geology? I'm having to do a rapid wikipedia crash course. I'm enjoying it though, thanks for going the extra mile!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

it's his passion!

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Splode posted:

Holy poo poo xylo, how do you know so much geology? I'm having to do a rapid wikipedia crash course. I'm enjoying it though, thanks for going the extra mile!

I'm just about done getting my undergrad in geology. I thought you chose to make your character as a geologist to get on my good side.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

XyloJW posted:

I'm just about done getting my undergrad in geology. I thought you chose to make your character as a geologist to get on my good side.

Well there you go! I figured a geologist was perfect for the captain planet-esque nature of the campaign. I had no idea I was tapping into your own area of expertise. I really am enjoying learning soil layers and more about minerals though, so I'm definitely going to keep getting Doug to goof off and look at rocks.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
See I thought we'd be hunting werewolves, not playing furries & otherkin. Now my former profession of dog catcher makes me some kind of race traitor. Which I'm fine with.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hunting werewolves is more the other game!

But in any case, you guys sorta hunted that one werewolf.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lizard Combatant posted:

See I thought we'd be hunting werewolves, not playing furries & otherkin. Now my former profession of dog catcher makes me some kind of race traitor. Which I'm fine with.

I could also see Swires sitting through all these rites only to never bother turning into a werewolf, just operating as our getaway stunt driver.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Bifauxnen posted:

I could also see Swires sitting through all these rites only to never bother turning into a werewolf, just operating as our getaway stunt driver.

He hasn't turned yet, but apparently is a werewolf according to rat.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Bifauxnen posted:

hahaha that'd be hilarious.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
the legend of Buggy Swires, The Worst Best Drunkest Werewolf shall echo down the ages.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

XyloJW posted:

"Full moons, Selene and Mr. Boon. You are the given the gifts of the soldier and the warrior."

You fuckin beauty

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Lizard Combatant posted:

Stealth can be just as much about not being noticed as it is being unseen :colbert:

Sorry to be the one to tell you this mate, even in the Shire the goosewagon stands out in a crowd.

Ignem
Oct 30, 2011

Nah it's just like an SEP field. That's like super stealth right there.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Ignem posted:

Nah it's just like an SEP field. That's like super stealth right there.

if only we could paint the goose wagon pink!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Sorry to be the one to tell you this mate, even in the Shire the goosewagon stands out in a crowd.

Bet no one suspects the crazy old duffer is a werewolf though :smug:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Do you carry clothes and items across to the spirit world?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

Do you carry clothes and items across to the spirit world?

It depends, but not reliably, no.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
You're going to break that loving mirror with the goosewagon.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The goosewagon is clearly a very spiritual part of his being.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Much like Bradman's bat.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Much like Bradman's bat.

Bifauxnen posted:

The goosewagon is clearly a very spiritual part of his being.
You guys catch on quick.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Can't wait to bring some lamingtons over.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Does the unicorn poo poo lamingtons?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Unicorn insists that it does but you may never watch.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

Does the unicorn poo poo lamingtons?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Ugh. My internet just went out. I guess this scene will conclude tomorrow. If anyone wants to ask those spirits there anything, go ahead. Those are all your potential totems. I'll post their benefits and bans tomorrow so you guys can hash out which one you want.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

XyloJW posted:

Not standing close to anyone at all and rising out of the pond is a huge serpent, as big around as a man, with an elk's antlers, and a radiating jewel in its forehead. It watches the proceedings with interest.

?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I'm a brony.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also xylo did you ever see my older avatar?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

beetroy posted:

Also xylo did you ever see my older avatar?

Nope

I have a picture in my computer but my internet is out. It's an uktena.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

so i get a cool spirit guide but he's a dick. typical! haha

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

There, that's what it looks like. Well, minus the wings. the book's description doesn't mention the wings.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Nope

I have a picture in my computer but my internet is out. It's an uktena.

Was a mystery auspol gift Xmas 2012.

hambeet fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 22, 2014

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

splode gets kaepora gaebora

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

bell jar posted:

splode gets kaepora gaebora

I eagerly await the three page long explanation that he'll fail a roll to understand and get it repeated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Captain Pissweak posted:

I eagerly await the three page long explanation that he'll fail a roll to understand and get it repeated.

m8 my char is a brainiac it'll be fine.

• Locked thread