Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Yalborap posted:

Question for those who have DW8Vita, does it have the Japanese voices as an option, or is it all English all the time?

I don't see an option to change voices anywhere, so it looks like English only. Haven't TK released Japanese voice packs as DLC for previous games? I might be mixing up my games/series though.

Speaking of DLC, any word on stage or costume DLC for 8XL on Vita? All I can find online are vague "coming soon" blurbs. I'd like to take advantage of the "extra EXP for wearing DLC costumes" bonus while it's running, but I kinda need to be able to buy them first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I bought XL, who should i use for Ambition mode?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Whoever your favorite officer is. It's a free form mode, and you'll get others later if you decide you suddenly hate whoever you started with.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Elliotw2 posted:

Whoever your favorite officer is. It's a free form mode, and you'll get others later if you decide you suddenly hate whoever you started with.

Alright i will use Lu Bu, since out of all the characters i have played with he is the absolutely most insane.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010

UberJumper posted:

I bought XL, who should i use for Ambition mode?

If you're having trouble with the keeping your health up across maps, pick Guo Huai because he can heal himself with a musou. Also because he's the best character.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does DW8 PS4 able to transfer saves to the vita version? I need to send my PS4 and it would be nice if I could do that

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Do we have an ETA for Steam Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition yet?

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

HenryEx posted:

Do we have an ETA for Steam Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition yet?

They said May, I am not sure if they have given an actual date yet though.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the correct order to play the story mode? I'm playing dw8 on ps4

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fauxtool posted:

We just had a discussion about that a page back and I guess "not Jin first" is something we agree on.

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Fauxtool posted:

I -think- it's Shu-Wei-Wu-Jin, but the first three take place roughly within the same time frame so it might be worth going like Shu/Wei/Wu 1 followed by Shu/Wei/Wu 2 and then play Jin.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Fauxtool posted:

Honestly the way the game has them laid out works pretty well. The game has a huge issue of introducing characthers that you have no idea who the hell they are, and the game likes to jump around a lot. I just did Wei-Wu-Shu and honestly i think it more or less was fine.

I think the story would be a lot more coherent if they could maybe make 1 campaign and intertwine the 3 factions.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UberJumper posted:

Honestly the way the game has them laid out works pretty well. The game has a huge issue of introducing characthers that you have no idea who the hell they are, and the game likes to jump around a lot. I just did Wei-Wu-Shu and honestly i think it more or less was fine.

I think the story would be a lot more coherent if they could maybe make 1 campaign and intertwine the 3 factions.

This seems to be good. I'm 5 missions into Wei and nobody showed up that I should have known already. Save LuBu for last?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Storywise Lu Bu's story starts first and ends first, but his story also starts him off at level 30 and everyone is dropping 3 dot weapons so yeah, save Lu Bu for last.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Fauxtool posted:

This seems to be good. I'm 5 missions into Wei and nobody showed up that I should have known already. Save LuBu for last?

At the start the game is like this. But as the game goes on i felt there were a lot of characters that you have no idea who they are or where they came from. This is especially true for Wu.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

UberJumper posted:

At the start the game is like this. But as the game goes on i felt there were a lot of characters that you have no idea who they are or where they came from. This is especially true for Wu.
Sadly for Wu they're not much better off in the novel in terms of how much introduction certain Wu characters get, and even in the 2010 TV show (the strongest mainstream Wu depiction outside of Red Cliff and these games) some of their characters are brushed off to the side if they even appear, such as Gan Ning (I don't recall if Ling Tong appears).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Crossposting from the PS3 Games thread:

S-Alpha posted:

Well, here's a bit of an odd one, Bamco is releasing the most recent Dynasty Warriors Gundam game in the west in July as a digital download. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYDOksJmAcg

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Trollhawke posted:

Shu/Wei/Wu 1 followed by Shu/Wei/Wu 2
What exactly do you mean by Shu 2 and how do I access that?

It seems like every side has the main campaign, a hypothetical branch, and then a bunch of side missions that you have to play in order even though they don't automatically follow each other like the main storyline. Is that right?

Trollhawke
Jan 25, 2012

I'LL GET YOU THIS YEAR! EVEN IF I SAID THIS LAST YEAR TOOOOOO
God I love the smell of salty succubi in the morning

Sindai posted:

What exactly do you mean by Shu 2 and how do I access that?

It seems like every side has the main campaign, a hypothetical branch, and then a bunch of side missions that you have to play in order even though they don't automatically follow each other like the main storyline. Is that right?

That's right, but I was thinking more of stages. More like play the first stage of each Musou, then the 2nd, etc etc.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

S-Alpha posted:

Crossposting from the PS3 Games thread:

That trailer is so goddamn lame I can't even think straight. Good thing the game's coming over though, it's pretty good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinity Gaia posted:

That trailer is so goddamn lame I can't even think straight. Good thing the game's coming over though, it's pretty good.

Music needed more Inception horns.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
I didn't pay much attention to Gundam Reborn when it came out in Japan. What's new/different?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bunch of new guys from original Seed and Destiny as well as a bunch of new guys from Unicorn. Also a new set of super attacks involving the more powerful suits in the series, like getting the METEOR backpacks for the Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice, along with a mode where you play as the Mobile Armors and just spend half an hour stepping on dudes as Big Zam.

Sakurazuka posted:

Music needed more Inception horns.

You joke, but there's this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SjngS87DjI.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Lot of new movesets for old suits, you can charge ranged attacks to start chain explosions from range which is pretty great, there's a super mode like in DW8, stages are more like Gundam 2, space is back. The mobile armors have pretty boring and limited movesets unfortunately.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Still more creative than how those horns were used for every movie trailer for a year straight after Inception came out.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Still more creative than how those horns were used for every movie trailer for a year straight after Inception came out.

True, and the Banshee theme goes on for another 4:30 in a really great and dynamic song.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
And when will you have the rest of the Shuffle Alliance? Answer me, Koei! :argh:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Does DW8XLCE suffer any framerate issues on the PS4? I haven't played one of these games since I believe 3 or 4 back on the PS2. Are bodyguards still a thing in the series? I liked how they were in 3, but then was upset at how dumbed down they were in 4.

Also how good is the netcode for online play?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Baram posted:

Does DW8XLCE suffer any framerate issues on the PS4? I haven't played one of these games since I believe 3 or 4 back on the PS2. Are bodyguards still a thing in the series? I liked how they were in 3, but then was upset at how dumbed down they were in 4.

Bodyguards are a thing in Ambition mode. I haven't noticed major stutters on the PS4 version, but I wouldn't call it a well optimized release for sure.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Bodyguards are a thing in Ambition mode.

How are they doing it? One super-guy or a little horde?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Baram posted:

Does DW8XLCE suffer any framerate issues on the PS4?
I've only seen noticeable slowdown when doing a rage musou into like 300 enemy grunts and six officers, so no, not really.

Which makes sense, because it pretty much looks like a PS3 game with high-res models for the main characters.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Is the Ball still playable in the new Gundam? I need to know if I can still fight giant robots with the raging power of a wet fart.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The GIG posted:

Is the Ball still playable in the new Gundam? I need to know if I can still fight giant robots with the raging power of a wet fart.

Yeah, they'd never take out something that's super well known from Gundam 79. Or hell, anything from Gundam 79.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Bloodly posted:

How are they doing it? One super-guy or a little horde?

Your bodyguard is another playable officer.

5-Headed Snake God fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 22, 2014

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Maleketh posted:

Your bodyguard is another playable officer.

Actually a playable or generic. And you can have up to three of them with different abilities that do cool and/or lame stuff.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

The GIG posted:

Actually a playable or generic. And you can have up to three of them with different abilities that do cool and/or lame stuff.

Did they change this for XL or something? Because that's not what I remember.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Maleketh posted:

Oh, sorry, yeah that's XL's version. I think I blocked out most of vanilla Ambition mode from my mind.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Do we know if the PC version will have local coop?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Do we know if the PC version will have local coop?

I would be very very surprised if it did (local coop on a PC is super rare), but considering it's in the game to begin with the answer is probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Maleketh posted:

Bigtime change. Another nice change too is you can issue your subordinates Empires-like orders.