Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SublimeDelusions
Jun 19, 2005
Dentyne Fire + Dentyne Ice = End of World?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I finally caught up on tracks and fixed my USB key that had gotten corrupted (accidentally passing the 256 file limit on Party Buffalo, whups). I realize even if I do like fifty songs a week it's going to be a long, long time before I can catch up with all the songs on my hard drive. Everything is amazing, and you folks do fantaaastic work.

So how do you solve the problem with the 256 song limit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

PKSage I'm watching the Let's Author right now. Loved the last one.

One suggestion for the future: Maybe a video tutorial of how to set up the Reduction program? For me it's probably just my crapass computer but twice I've been unable to get that thing working. And for C3 I think breaking that thing down into the most simple dummy-proof method possible would bring a lot more people into the customs fold.

Farottone you're an insane person and we love you for it.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

weekly font posted:

PKSage I'm watching the Let's Author right now. Loved the last one.

One suggestion for the future: Maybe a video tutorial of how to set up the Reduction program? For me it's probably just my crapass computer but twice I've been unable to get that thing working. And for C3 I think breaking that thing down into the most simple dummy-proof method possible would bring a lot more people into the customs fold.

Farottone you're an insane person and we love you for it.

A non-interactive video tutorial for CAT is almost certainly going to be a thing. In the meantime, the most common problems are:

1) Having the wrong version of REAPER (I've gotten it to work on many different versions, but most people have the best luck with, uh...4.22?)
2) Having the wrong version of Python (you want 2.x)
3) Not having practice sections and [end] (it needs them to work)

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

pksage posted:

3) Not having practice sections and [end] (it needs them to work)

Practice sections are not needed (they're needed, somewhat, for CARV). The [end] event is needed and in the proper place (CAT processes all notes from the first measure to the [end] event).

Also, great stuff on the livestream, very useful to anybody who wants to start authoring.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!

Homestuck confirmed.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

SublimeDelusions posted:

So how do you solve the problem with the 256 song limit?

I create a Rock Band 2 save directory (by transferring its song cache to the drive) and put songs in there. I've heard of people creating Rock Band (1) directories as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I create a Rock Band 2 save directory (by transferring its song cache to the drive) and put songs in there. I've heard of people creating Rock Band (1) directories as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Really? I just switched to a different program that didn't have that problem. For some reason only Party Buffalo does that.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

farottone posted:

Practice sections are not needed (they're needed, somewhat, for CARV). The [end] event is needed and in the proper place (CAT processes all notes from the first measure to the [end] event).

Weird, I guess I'm confusing it with CARV, which is laughably bad and needs to be reconstructed from scratch using CAT code. I vaguely remember CAT giving me the blank UIs until I added practice sections, but apparently not!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Weren't people also saying that they had two thumbdrives. One to hold over 256 songs, and one that they copied to. Then they had the Xbox move the files from the smaller one to the larger one?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

SatansBestBuddy posted:

For some reason only Party Buffalo does that.

And only once. Once you passed that mark with another program in a one-off transfer of the songs that get you over the edhe, Party Buffalo is once again good to go.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Do the Bartman?!

Well, no.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Do the Bartman?!

Well, no.

Extrapolating off of this... could it be the King of Pop?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

The mystery is solved, you just need to pay closer attention to the picture he posted.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Is there no one else who just adds the DLC to the hard drive and accepts that TU5 isn't gonna work for them? Am I breaking my Xbox doing this or something?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I don't because if I start mixing my official DLC and RBN releases with Custom Tracks I'll never know which is which beyond a certain point. Keeping track of 1,000+ tracks is not something brains are geared to do.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Took me a second, because that omission was always so glaring that I legit forgot it was missing from the game.

Yes please!

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

I'm never going to figure out what that clue means, and I bet what the song actually comes out I won't even know what the song is and so the clue will have been meaningless to me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The T posted:

I'm never going to figure out what that clue means, and I bet what the song actually comes out I won't even know what the song is and so the clue will have been meaningless to me.

This is exactly how I feel.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

not doing it for me, i'm afraid.

i hope it's somehow Africa.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

The T posted:

:ssh: Copy link address

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I've done that like 8 times. all i get is an imgur address with a random string.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

oh, apparently your way produces a different result.

I hope it's the forbidden song.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

zimbomonkey posted:

I've done that like 8 times. all i get is an imgur address with a random string.

I'll "hold your hand" and walk you through this. You need to view the original post, quotes don't work.

zimbomonkey posted:

I hope it's the forbidden song.
Nyang, now that the teacher's gone we can play the forbidden music.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
For those who want to be spoiled it's

She Loves You

Also Orange, you still need the DVD tracks of Free As a Bird and Real Love because I have them.

bpc908 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 21, 2014

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

You're probably the guy that messaged me off-forum about it. Yes I do still need them. I haven't replied to any customs-related messages anywhere for the past six months or so so don't take it personally. You should message me again.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Simpsons Sing the Blues full album?

yes yes i know what it really is

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Orange Harrison posted:

You're probably the guy that messaged me off-forum about it. Yes I do still need them. I haven't replied to any customs-related messages anywhere for the past six months or so so don't take it personally. You should message me again.

I would message you with the links on tumblr but apparently you can't put links in the ask box

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Reliable ways to reach me:
Skype- orange.harrison
Email- orangeharrison live com

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Simpsons Christmas Boogie!?!?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

It's Rappin' Ronnie Reagan.
You can all stop guessing. Please.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's Spinal Tap, right? Because that's the only logical connection.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Focus - "Hocus Pocus"

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

pksage posted:

Focus - "Hocus Pocus"

That and more Blue / Pinkerton Weezer are the only customs I am genuinely surprised haven't come out. I imagine Hocus Pocus would be miserable to actually create though.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Apparently Hocus Pocus was gonna be in GH:WoR but they couldn't get the masters. Oh well. :smith:

edit: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1789233#1789233

Kaboobi fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 23, 2014

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'd almost forgotten how much fun this game was :allears: You guys are truly doing the Lord's work.

Only now I have to face the uncomfortable fact that the strum bar on my controller has definitely seen tighter days :ohdear:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I blew a screw off out of the chair I use when drumming.

I guess I rocked it too hard.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

My Lovely Horse posted:

Only now I have to face the uncomfortable fact that the strum bar on my controller has definitely seen tighter days :ohdear:

This thing is kind of expensive for what it is, but I don't know of any alternatives and it works great: http://www.bytearts.com/strummer/

I use my replica Strat ( :smug: ) these days, but I still have a regular RB2 Strat with that strum bar installed and it works like a charm.

Stage Beans
May 16, 2007

pksage posted:

This thing is kind of expensive for what it is, but I don't know of any alternatives and it works great: http://www.bytearts.com/strummer/

I use my replica Strat ( :smug: ) these days, but I still have a regular RB2 Strat with that strum bar installed and it works like a charm.

you bastard! how long has this been available? i'm so happy i never threw away a busted strat.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
That thing has been available for ages. I think I got one back in '08 or '09.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

A little late in playing this week's customs, but I'm glad I still have it in me to pass Jordan on guitar in the RB3 engine. Even if I only managed 3 stars this time around due to the changes in solo scoring. :v:

• Locked thread