Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You can make the Torid questionably useful under certain circumstances but it will never be any fun.

If you want both fun and useful from dojo weapons, get the Ogris and never look back.

Sticking your friends with fartbombs, castanas, and teslas is always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I forgot the Akstilettos are research too, I recommend making them as soon as possible. They're my favorite secondary in the game and have some pretty awesome animations. They're pretty much a nonstop torrent of statuses with the right mods and can do a lot of damage besides. The only time they really start to slow down for me is against really high level Corrupted Heavy Gunners, but that's pretty par for the course (I'm still trying to find a weapon that makes them bearable). Even my radiationified triple forma Boltor Prime needs half a clip to kill a level 40 one.

VVV I don't know what a "clunky reloading system" means considering reloading it is exactly the same as every other weapon in the game but okay

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Apr 23, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Denzine posted:

Build an Ignis.

If you want both fun and useful from dojo weapons, get the Ogris and never look back.

Built them both, while the Ogris is decent I found its charge time and clunky reloading system to be really awkward and unwieldy, didn't really seem any funner then the Penta. Ignis on the other hand I have thrown a forma into but I have yet to reach the world ending murder machine I have heard tales of. Probably need to feed it more forma but I'm using those to build more terrible weapons.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I forgot the Akstilettos are research too, I recommend making them as soon as possible. They're my favorite secondary in the game and have some pretty awesome animations. They're pretty much a nonstop torrent of statuses with the right mods and can do a lot of damage besides. The only time they really start to slow down for me is against really high level Corrupted Heavy Gunners, but that's pretty par for the course (I'm still trying to find a weapon that makes them bearable). Even my radiationified triple forma Boltor Prime needs half a clip to kill a level 40 one.

Heavy Gunners have ferrite armor instead of alloy like the other grineer heavies so you'd want corrosive.

e: Corrosive/fire

fuepi fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Apr 23, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Verant posted:

So, quick question about Harvester and the G3. If you get marked for one, does it override the other? I've seen the Three pop up plenty of times now, but Harvester hasn't shown up once, even when I'm running invasions for the Grineer.
You can have multiple marks. Best bet for any sort of hunter farming is to run survival missions to 5 minutes with a full group of people with the appropriate death mark. The reason for this is that survival missions have a convenient timer, and if nothing shows up by the 5-minute mark then it's not gonna happen during that mission, so you can extract and try again.

So grab a group of folks who also need Detron parts, make sure they've got Harvester marks, and go slum around low-level Corpus survival for a bit.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Devour or Fire posted:

Heavy Gunners have ferrite armor instead of alloy like the other grineer heavies so you'd want corrosive.

This explains EVERYTHING

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Corrosive+Cold is my personal go-to against Grineer most of the time. Cold gets a bonus against alloy armor, so it can deal with bombards/napalms/elite lancers while Corrosive just wrecks everything else. The status effect on Corrosive also cuts enemy armor in half no matter what type it is, which is nice. It may not be "optimal", but it's effective enough as a one-size-fits-all loadout.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Corrosive+Cold is my personal go-to against Grineer most of the time. Cold gets a bonus against alloy armor, so it can deal with bombards/napalms/elite lancers while Corrosive just wrecks everything else. The status effect on Corrosive also cuts enemy armor in half no matter what type it is, which is nice. It may not be "optimal", but it's effective enough as a one-size-fits-all loadout.

I know I should be using Cold as my third versus-Grineer element, but I tend to use Heat just for the chance of seeing :supaburn:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Verant posted:

So, quick question about Harvester and the G3. If you get marked for one, does it override the other? I've seen the Three pop up plenty of times now, but Harvester hasn't shown up once, even when I'm running invasions for the Grineer.

I want my Detron receiver, dangit!
I've been reading about it and it seems like you keep every death mark you've ever gotten until it's consumed. The proc chance is just really small when it's only on one person.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Cainer posted:

Built them both, while the Ogris is decent I found its charge time and clunky reloading system to be really awkward and unwieldy, didn't really seem any funner then the Penta. Ignis on the other hand I have thrown a forma into but I have yet to reach the world ending murder machine I have heard tales of. Probably need to feed it more forma but I'm using those to build more terrible weapons.

Serration, Split Chamber, Speed Trigger, and Heavy Caliber for Ignis, then whatever elemental mods you feel like using. Hcal has no appreciable down side for Ignis. If you don't have hcal, slot the relevant Bane mod.

Once you get Ignis rolling it is almost trivial to get 6 polarities on it, and then you have a gun that lets you w+m1 99% of the game.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Helter Skelter posted:

I've been using Viral+Radiation, with the reasoning that no matter the armor type, they're all the same flesh underneath so viral will gently caress'em all up (since we don't have to "shoot away" the armor unlike with shields). Radiation second because well, that's what's left, and it further fucks up Napalms and poo poo. Works like a charm for me.

Of course, I can only do that with rifles because I don't have all the elemental mods for the other gun types. :v:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
On the subject of armor, I was running a tower run earlier and getting messed up by a lancer (It's not my fault the bows aim to the left!)

Anyways, I can't remember the frames everyone else was using, but I remember the effect one of them gave.

The Tower Lancers are armoured, and one of the frames put out a blue-coloured effect.

The result of this was that is gave the Lancer a blue outline, similar to the outlines Eximus and others have.

The effect it gave is that he no longer had armor. His health bar went from yellow health for armor, to red health (flesh, whatever).

This is not something I've seen before, and I don't know enough about it to find out what it was.

Is this actually a thing, or am I going crazy? I've never seen a grineer in a tower that had red health, if memory serves, other than capture missions,and this was survival.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Can someone explain why I can't make this Bolto? I'm a new player to this, and I just unequipped my Loto so I could make it

Wordybird
Oct 22, 2013

I like Chicken.
I like Liver.
Meow Mix Meow Mix please reconsider.

Fat_Cow posted:

Can someone explain why I can't make this Bolto? I'm a new player to this, and I just unequipped my Loto so I could make it

If memory serves you actually need to click on the Lato picture and select the Lato in order for it to be counted as a component in the blueprint. A little safety measure for if you happen to want to keep your old gun and just throw a newly bought/made one into the blueprint, but of course they don't tell you that in-game.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
You have to click on the Lato Icon and than select the Lato. This is done so you don't accidently use up your potatoed, 10 times formaed super gun during crafting.

Edit: And was too slow again.
Well, here is a picture from my dirty Alliance Dojo, so you propper Goons can take a look what the stupid observatory looks like if nobody blocks off the entrace.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Apr 23, 2014

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Alright I was making Bolto for the rank 2 secondary test I have no idea if it'll work well.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

People can get into our observatory just fine.

They just can't get out again. :haw:

Edit: The Bolto is a Good Gun, and the Akbolto is even better. I just hope you like clicking a whole lot.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

They just can't get out again. :haw:

Why would anybody ever try to leave the observatory?

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

What are peoples opinions on the akvesto (the double revolvers) I'm loving them so far because they seem to pack one hell of a punch against everything.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I actually think, from the performance stand point, the norma Vesto revolver is better. It seems to kick less and its reload is fast enough to make the lower ammo capacity a non-issue while also beeing somewhat more accurate. But having two revolvers out and just unloading into the enemy while quoting cheezy western movies makes more than up for the lower performance.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Thrasophius posted:

What are peoples opinions on the akvesto (the double revolvers) I'm loving them so far because they seem to pack one hell of a punch against everything.

8/10 for effectiveness, 9/10 for style.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Can anyone on PC confirm for me if one of the u13 large gardens are the same width as 2 extended hallways (or other standard 2x2 room tiles)?

Thanks.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

They are the same width as two normal room or two extended hallway, at least it looks like that from the preview, but the cross connections (i.e. the ones left and right from where you begin building) will not line up with any hallway but stick out right between where two hallways would meet. So if you plan to build a route around them using something else than the gardens you'd not be able to use those connection nodes, cause they'd not line up with standard rooms.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Marelok is really good.

Here's sound-bite opinions on the dojo stuff:

Grineer lab:
  • Ogris: Rawket Lawnchair. Get it.
  • Ignis: Flamethrower. It's very good.
  • Jat Kittag: Second highest damage per strike on a melee weapon. Jump attack ragdolls everyone within 10m. Very good.
  • Grinlok: It's trash, sadly. Doesn't count as a sniper.
  • Marelok: Owns. Does more damage than the Grinlok and can be used as a primary easily.

Corpus lab:
  • Flux Rifle: basically an ignis with a set 35m max range
  • Prod: Uses machete stance.
  • Everything else: eh it's okay, but the travel time on the shots is awful.

Bio lab:
  • Ichors: Basically a poison zoren. Good with a crit build.
  • Scroliac: It looks cool, building one now.
  • Phage: Beam laser shotgun. Seems alright.
  • Everything else: haven't used it, seems unexceptional.

Tenno Lab:
  • Castanas: Really good. Basically a pocket penta.
  • Akstilletto: Twin Vipers +2. Reload animation is cool.
  • Nikana: Can be turned into the most damaging melee weapon.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 23, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
If you have the marelok, every other revolver's purpose is relegated to collecting points for the next mastery rank.

If you do not have the marelok, and you are pondering whether this or that pistol other than marelok is better, you should stop, and get the marelok immediately.

Also, it is called Vasto, not Vesto. :eng101:

I love cats fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 23, 2014

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Thrasophius posted:

They have kickass looks, no doubt. You can kill stuff with them, too. But they aren't Tower 2-3, Neptune, Ceres, Pluto material.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 23, 2014

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Wales Grey posted:

Corpus lab:
  • Flux Rifle: basically an ignis with a set 35m max range

Ignis hits multiple targets, Flux does not. Flux is so much worse than Ignis it's crazy.

They need to take a month and do a full balance pass on their guns, there's so many that are just poo poo now.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Denzine posted:

Ignis hits multiple targets, Flux does not. Flux is so much worse than Ignis it's crazy.

They need to take a month and do a full balance pass on their guns, there's so many that are just poo poo now.

I always roll with shred/augur on my flux. It's probably the best gun in the Corpus lab, for whatever that's worth.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

I love cats posted:

They have kickass looks, no doubt. You can kill stuff with them, too. But they aren't Tower 2-3, Neptune, Ceres, Pluto material.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I've currently made it to the mars area so that's probably why they seem so good because I haven't hit the drop off point for them yet. I'll probably be stuck at mars for a while, got my finals coming up so have to put games on hold which sucks a little.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Dumb question, but do I have to have a side arm present to create my Bolto? Since my Lato is my only sidearm currently and my friend stated I needed to at least have one.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

I love cats posted:

If you have the marelok, every other revolver's purpose is relegated to collecting points for the next mastery rank.

If you do not have the marelok, and you are pondering whether this or that pistol other than marelok is better, you should stop, and get the marelok immediately.
Because I haven't had any loving invaders spawn for loving months, that's why I don't have it. I swear DE have fiddled with things so I buy it instead of build it. Sure I have the plat but piss off.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

Croccers posted:

Because I haven't had any loving invaders spawn for loving months, that's why I don't have it. I swear DE have fiddled with things so I buy it instead of build it. Sure I have the plat but piss off.

The Marelok is a schematic you buy in the Grineer Lab, you're thinking the Brakk which is also :drat: good

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Croccers posted:

Hold your horses! What are invaders and what do you need them for?

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Thrasophius posted:

Thanks for the opinions guys. I've currently made it to the mars area so that's probably why they seem so good because I haven't hit the drop off point for them yet. I'll probably be stuck at mars for a while, got my finals coming up so have to put games on hold which sucks a little.

Vastos and Magnus were incredible sidearms (as well as the Bolto) for the early game that I had tons of fun with, but yeah, once you get later in the game and get yourself a Marelok, nothing else compares (except maybe the Akstilleto if you prefer full auto sidearms). Still, have fun with them now and don't worry too much about preparing for endgame or what-not. You don't have to do crazy hour-long Tower 3 runs; my boys can do half-hour runs with pretty basic guns, including the Vastos, and that's good enough for most people.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I love cats posted:

Hold your horses! What are invaders and what do you need them for?

Grustrag 3, Harvester, amd Stalker. After fulfilling some conditions in previous game you have a chance for them to come into your game to try and kill you. The G3 and Harvester drop parts for the Brakk and Detron respectively, both shotgun type weapons for the secondary slot. The Stalker has a chance to drop blueprints for the Dread bow, Despair kunai, or Hate scythe.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Fat_Cow posted:

Dumb question, but do I have to have a side arm present to create my Bolto? Since my Lato is my only sidearm currently and my friend stated I needed to at least have one.

It used to be that way, but not anymore - you can go into a mission without a secondary now. Or a primary. I think you can choose to ditch your melee weapon, too?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

McGiggins posted:

On the subject of armor, I was running a tower run earlier and getting messed up by a lancer (It's not my fault the bows aim to the left!)

After discovering there is a block button, I looked at some of the other binds - one of them is 'reverse camera' which is actually for switching the shoulder you aim over. Unless you mean the cross hair is inaccurate?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Epsilon Plus posted:

It used to be that way, but not anymore - you can go into a mission without a secondary now. Or a primary. I think you can choose to ditch your melee weapon, too?

Yeah. Well, you need to have one weapon of some sort.

If you don't have a secondary you'll keep your primary out while down. I'm still useful even after I penta myself to death! (Now even easier since I got a firestorm yesterday)

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

FutureCop posted:

Vastos and Magnus were incredible sidearms (as well as the Bolto) for the early game that I had tons of fun with, but yeah, once you get later in the game and get yourself a Marelok, nothing else compares (except maybe the Akstilleto if you prefer full auto sidearms). Still, have fun with them now and don't worry too much about preparing for endgame or what-not. You don't have to do crazy hour-long Tower 3 runs; my boys can do half-hour runs with pretty basic guns, including the Vastos, and that's good enough for most people.

What is the ammo consumption like on akstilletos? I'm assuming you start to run dry quite quickly with it being a secondary if that's the case what mutation do the akstilletos need, pistol mutation because they are a sidearm or a rifle one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Sep 21, 2016