Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the biggest fool in TNA?
This poll is closed.
Dixie Carter 59 34.71%
MVP 7 4.12%
Magnus 10 5.88%
Willow 29 17.06%
Samoa Joe 65 38.24%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nobody should ever focus on TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Have you seen these hot storylines they're cooking up nowadays? I mean holy poo poo Eric Young has a beard AND is the champion.

In what other promotion can you have both of those?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Have you seen these hot storylines they're cooking up nowadays? I mean holy poo poo Eric Young has a beard AND is the champion.

In what other promotion can you have both of those?

Ring of Hodor?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Writer Cath posted:

Ring of Hodor?

I'm going to blindly believe this is a real thing without looking it up because I want it to be

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HODOR STEEN HODOR

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Writer Cath posted:

Ring of Hodor?

Would watch.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

We just need 1.0.

Also, a recap from Reddit of an interview Jesse Neal did recently:

quote:

-Jesse says he's not doing the interview for money or publicity or to further himself in wrestling. He just wants to see the record straight.
-Confirms he's working at Walmart, mentioned being spotted by a fan when he was working there. A few hours later it hit the web.
-He's not ashamed of working the nightshift at Wal Mart and confirms it pays better than TNA. He also does landscaping during the day. So he's working two full-time jobs right now and barely has time to sleep. He wants to do whatever he can to provide for his wife and new daughter.
-Doesn't get why people make fun of wrestlers for working real jobs.
-Says he barely made money in TNA and the idea they pay big bucks is ridiculous. Says he turned down going to OVW because it was for more work for far less money. Didn't want to be stuck in Kentucky sleeping on someone's couch with five or six other wrestlers when he supposedly had a TV deal for a big time promotion.
-Complains about Bruce Prichard and calls him a piece of “s***.” Says him and Shannon Moore were getting over big as a team (as Ink Inc), the office liked them, the fans liked them, but it was Prichard who had a hand in demanding they split and that Jesse go back to OVW for more training.
-Said he had good personal interactions with Dixie, but he did hear stories of her being two-faced and false with wrestlers. Says he doesn't personally see her as a bad person, but thinks if she understood the business better she would treat wrestlers more compassionately.
-Says he would work for Jeff Jarrett's new promotion in a heartbeat. Thinks anything Jarrett does will be money.
-Says WWE has a great medical team, pays for the best surgeons and takes care of wrestlers because they know the wrestlers are the show and value them. TNA doesn't, and Jesse calls them the s***s when he had his medical issues.
-On a TNA pay-per-view he says he broke his neck badly with torn ligaments. He could barely move for days after and was in complete agony. The TNA doctor just told him to go home and rest and didn't offer much help beyond that.
-Jesse doesn't know if wrestlers need a union or not. Thinks they need some protection, but he also likes the “fight for your own” mentality than comes with not having one and thinks it encourages people to work harder.
-Says TNA should be like WWE and 100% take care of in-ring injuries. Says if he gets hurt working at Wal-Mart they would pay for it too. So he sees it as ridiculous that TNA refuses to.
-He didn't have a second job in TNA, although he knew of people who did. He thinks if TNA wants its wrestlers to be stars it has to pay them decently and treat them like stars.
-Says he doesn't think his history with concussions would be a problem getting into WWE. Said he went through their medical tests with flying colors.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 22, 2014

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
My wife and I are listening to today's podcast, and they started discussing TNA. They brought up Spud, and she just shouted "Oh my God, that's so loving sad!" in response to his name.

TNA 2014

Edit: now she's asking about Vince Russo. Does anyone have a handy guide to his idiocy that I could send to her?

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 23, 2014

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

If my significant other exposed me to TNA I would divorce them. You don't deserve your wife.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rodney the Piper posted:

My wife and I are listening to today's podcast, and they started discussing TNA. They brought up Spud, and she just shouted "Oh my God, that's so loving sad!" in response to his name.

TNA 2014

Edit: now she's asking about Vince Russo. Does anyone have a handy guide to his idiocy that I could send to her?

Unfortunately that website that lists all the poo poo he did to run TNA into the ground is down. I guess TVTropes has a handy list of his stupidity but ew TVTropes.

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Unfortunately that website that lists all the poo poo he did to run TNA into the ground is down. I guess TVTropes has a handy list of his stupidity but ew TVTropes.

I assume this is the list you're talking about? No images but the text formatting still works.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmyOu610ejg

They're really not doing themselves any favors about this being a Daniel Bryan rip off.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Testekill posted:

They're really not doing themselves any favors about this being a Daniel Bryan rip off.

The worst part about this is that it's true nobody would consider him a world champion after being a comedy act for years and the interview itself was actually pretty good and him winning probably would have been an upset surprise but all this hokey copycat poo poo is just making it all hilarious and sad

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dixie is going to kill Eric's dad before Sacrifice

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Of course they made a knockoff 'Journey to Wrestlemania' documentary. Of course.

Though 'Journey to some random impact' doesn't have the same gravitas.

E: if anyone bothers to watch it all, let me know where the funny parts are because it is not worth 15 minutes

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 23, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Dixie is going to kill Eric's dad before Sacrifice

But because they taped the episodes out of order he'll be on the next couple shows.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

But because they taped the episodes out of order he'll be on the next couple shows.

it's TNA so they'd kill the neighbor guy by accident

e: and then the hitman's check would bounce

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Testekill posted:

Makes me appreciate WWE's video production more after watching the first 2 minutes of the video.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Blasmeister posted:

E: if anyone bothers to watch it all, let me know where the funny parts are because it is not worth 15 minutes

There aren't any

Eric Young talks about being one of the people, Magnus calls him a fraud because he has his own fishing show thus is obviously not one of the people, TNA people congratulate Eric Young for winning in a very obviously staged line of hugs one after another.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
So I guess this is all part of cost cutting in creative? Just watch wwe and copy whatever they are doing.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

neonbregna posted:

So I guess this is all part of cost cutting in creative? Just watch wwe and copy whatever they are doing.

What do you expect when their head of creative was, prior to this, a WWE hire because he was a friend of Kevin Dunn and prior to that worked at Costco?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
I'm shocked that someone would publically identify themselves as a friend of Dunn.

LOP; attributed to PWInsider posted:

There are many people within TNA, who were apparently once in the know, that are upset at how things are being kept a secret creatively now.

Eric Young's World Heavyweight Title win was kept a major secret and officials were very paranoid about it getting out. A source observed that officials put so much effort into keeping secrets, if they put that much energy into TNA's plan of execution then maybe they could capitalize on some things in a better way.

Regarding talk that Young's title win was a rip off of Daniel Bryan's win in WWE, the word from within TNA is that the title change was not done because Bryan won and it was done because that was the last live episode of Impact Wrestling for a few weeks and officials really wanted to surprise a lot of people.

:ughh:

quote:

Former WWE Vice President of Reality, Promotions and Special Projects Doug Lebow has been working for TNA in production and other aspects of the company. He's described as "Big" John Gaburick's new right-hand man. Lebow is someone people really like and worked various roles in WWE for several years. Lebow was in the news last year after it was incorrectly reported online that he passed away.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 23, 2014

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Speaking of Dunn, it will never not be hilarious to me that his is the only profile page on WWE Corporate without a picture. Too ugly for even the internet.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Regarding talk that Young's title win was a rip off of Daniel Bryan's win in WWE, the word from within TNA is that the title change was not done because Bryan won and it was done because that was the last live episode of Impact Wrestling for a few weeks and officials really wanted to surprise a lot of people.

hahahahaha buuuulllllllllllpoo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"Former WWE Vice President of Reality"

I wanna be able to put this on my resume.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Every article I read always has Gaburick listed as "Big" John Gaburick as it pisses me off.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

oldpainless posted:

Every article I read always has Gaburick listed as "Big" John Gaburick as it pisses me off.

It's a clear sign that the man has a tiny, tiny penis.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

weekly font posted:

It's a clear sign that the man has a tiny, tiny penis.

Poor tiny penii'd Van Vader, John Studd and John McCarthy :(

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

Poor tiny penii'd Van Vader, John Studd and John McCarthy :(

Don't forget Show and Bam Bam Elow. :(

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Great White Hope posted:

And E Langston.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Well at least it's canon that Show is packing a golf pencil.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

And Big Dave. :ms:

You're welcome.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Trying to keep a storyline 'secret' that they've been 'working on' that is a half-assed rip off of a storyline WWE has been doing for months is amazing

Putting comments out there to make themselves seem less retarded is sure working out for them

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Trying to keep a storyline 'secret' that they've been 'working on' that is a half-assed rip off of a storyline WWE has been doing for months is amazing

Putting comments out there to make themselves seem less retarded is sure working out for them

Ahem, Dixie Carter made beards fashionable. Maybe Daniel Bryan is actually a half-assed rip off of their plans for Eric Young? #AskQuestions

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

Ahem, Dixie Carter made beards fashionable. Maybe Daniel Bryan is actually a half-assed rip off of their plans for Eric Young? #AskQuestions

Russo was sent in by McMahon to steal Dixie's beard related intellectual property - all of it is starting to make sense now

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Remember that weird period where everyone grew beards?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

weekly font posted:

And Big Dave. :ms:

You're welcome.

And Daddy V(pbuh).

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

coconono posted:

The beariod.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

coconono posted:

duck dynasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Congratulations on the championship, Eric Young.

• Locked thread