Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Drifter posted:

I almost hope the game sucks, just to watch people like you get upset in the week following the release.

:laugh:

At least wait for a few more months when you actually can see stuff.

But what if its a success, freak accident or otherwise, and we want it to be terrible? :qq:

Keeshhound posted:

I'm always up for a little deicide, and The Maker's been either an rear end in a top hat or a leech for the entirety of the setting so far, so I'm in favor of putting the screws to 'm, myself.

First Maker/True God(s) were killed in the Black City by Fen'Harel resulting in the Blight. Whatever is either ruling or corrupting there is going up against and/or manipulating whoever is causing riffs to happen so that the Dread Wolf can openly rule and feast on the world. Final Boss is up against a giant Elder God Wolf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Crabtree posted:

But what if its a success, freak accident or otherwise, and we want it to be terrible? :qq:

I never said I definitively wanted the game to suck, just that preorderers being upset as a result would give me a small pleasure.

Also, I would be totally cool with fighting a giant monster wolf. But I'd hope there'd be more 'strategy' than what fighting the giant ogres or other damage sponge enemies require. God I hope damage sponges are a thing of the past.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Well, I put $5 down, if against all odds it turns out good then I have a reserve deluxe edition, if it sucks then I just loaned my future self the price of some fast food.

Drifter posted:

I never said I definitively wanted the game to suck, just that preorderers being upset as a result would give me a small pleasure.

Also, I would be totally cool with fighting a giant monster wolf. But I'd hope there'd be more 'strategy' than what fighting the giant ogres or other damage sponge enemies require. God I hope damage sponges are a thing of the past.

Now who's being naive?

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Oh god, it's happening, I'm seriously considering preordering. Every loving time they say they've changed, every time I end up believing them, and every time I end up burned and swearing to myself that this is the last time, and it never is.

Probably gonna get the Collector's Edition too, it's just $10 more.

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.

Every time you want to pre-order think of the following;

"They said the same things with Dragon Age 2."
"They promised the same things with Dragon Age 2."
"Dragon Age 2 is a boring piece of poo poo with writing on the same level as Days of Our Lives."

For me this is literally the first Bioware game I'm not pre-ordering and I'm even doubting I'll get it on day one.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

koreban posted:

Never not kill God at the end of the game.

That one was great because it came completely out of nowhere. You just got to the top and there he was.

e: Also because there was a chainsaw item that was a chance for instant death that worked on him. Literally killing god with a chainsaw. Doesn't get much more :black101:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Well, I put $5 down, if against all odds it turns out good then I have a reserve deluxe edition, if it sucks then I just loaned my future self the price of some fast food.

Now who's being naive?

Not naive enough to spend a penny on it before it's out. :laugh:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I'm gonna buy this game and I'll be the first to tell you all if you can gently caress the ghost.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I'm gonna buy this game and I'll be the first to tell you all if you can gently caress the ghost.

Not even Bioware will stoop that low

Nexus Mods, however, will have it on day one, along with a "more attractive ghost" mod that just makes him whiter and blonde.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Batham posted:

Every time you want to pre-order think of the following;

"They promised the same things with Dragon Age 2."
"Dragon Age 2 is a boring piece of poo poo with writing on the same level as Days of Our Lives."

For me this is literally the first Bioware game I'm not pre-ordering and I'm even doubting I'll get it on day one.

But how does it stack up against General Hospital?

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius

Batham posted:

The biggest problem with DA2 was the very rushed development. DA:I has been given twice as long to bake, so hell yes they can have my pre-order money.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

koreban posted:

Never not kill God at the end of the game.

If you can literally get to the point where you might be able to fight a god. Then you'll probably be able to beat a god.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

FauxGateau posted:

If you can literally get to the point where you might be able to fight a god. Then you'll probably be able to beat a god.

And if you ever have a god on the ropes, kill him/her then and there. Gods are haughty beings, and they won't take kindly to you having placed them in so precarious a position should they ever get the chance to play catch up.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

marktheando posted:

This game actually has less bullshit DLC than the previous installments, which had several party members that were day one DLC!

One thing I've actually liked about Bioware games since DAO is the nicknacky little DLC you can get. I'm not talking about the paid stuff but the ones under Dr. Pepper caps and et cetera.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Drifter posted:

Wasn't saying you were. It's just sort of against the past 90 or so pages of this thread to be hopeful for Inquisition to be near Origins levels of game quality. :v: I'm kind of torn between wanting this to be the "Oh poo poo, they actually learned from their mistakes" game and three for three in Bioware loving up everything it touches sans whoever does their multiplayer.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I have absolutely no doubt that everyone verbally contemplating whether or not they are going to preorder this game will find themselves waiting at its midnight digital unlock time several months down the line

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
It's going to eat at them. Invade their dreams at night and during the day.

So precioussssss.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Keeshhound posted:

And if you ever have a god on the ropes, kill him/her then and there. Gods are haughty beings, and they won't take kindly to you having placed them in so precarious a position should they ever get the chance to play catch up.

Gods will most likely resort to throwing sand in your eyes if you don't follow through.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Watching the trailer again I noticed that an Inquisitor using magic was wearing the dragon helmet so I think cross-class equipment is possible.

More importantly, I think any Inquisitor can wear the hat.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SgtSteel91 posted:

Watching the trailer again I noticed that an Inquisitor using magic was wearing the dragon helmet so I think cross-class equipment is possible.

More importantly, I think any Inquisitor can wear the hat.

I like how Bioware is in favor of transclass people. I'm glad how they're giving this serious issue more exposure with their games, but being trans* isn't something you can take on and off like some outrageous outfit; it's an identity. It's problematic the way they portray the entire class community. And they're acting like it's okay to use a dragon helm to wear (when it's actually bad for your spellcasting).

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Class identity is fluid, and I hope the character creation options reflect that:

-Mage
-Warrior
-Rogue
-Omniclass
-Demibuffer

etc. I know we can trust bioware to handle this issue with sensitivity and haha oh my god I can't even finish, gently caress that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUH5eFr3qT4

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure they're going to do with the rift sealing powers what they did with the blood magic from on-disc DLC in Origins and have these thematically-congruent powers across the three classes, because you're closing loving dimensional rifts and poo poo I'm sure you can zap a guy or charge your sword with that stuff too

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

PurplieNurplie posted:

Class identity is fluid, and I hope the character creation options reflect that:

-Mage
-Warrior
-Rogue
-Omniclass
-Demibuffer

etc. I know we can trust bioware to handle this issue with sensitivity and haha oh my god I can't even finish, gently caress that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUH5eFr3qT4

Never played that DLC. Hoooo boy.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
I forgot how loving stupid the default Hawke appearances were until that video thanks

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lotish posted:

Never played that DLC. Hoooo boy.

The forced :airquote:stealth:airquote: sections. Hoooo.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

steakmancer posted:

I forgot how loving stupid the default Hawke appearances were until that video thanks

It wouldn't even be that bad if it weren't for the facepaint, at least in femHawke's case. I always thought heHawke looked like some kind of Appalachian mountain man or something.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Looking forward to you all buying this game and then coming in here a week after release to complain about how much it sucked.

Zhentar posted:

The biggest problem with DA2 was the very rushed development. DA:I has been given twice as long to bake, so hell yes they can have my pre-order money.

Rushed development doesn't excuse a plot that atrociously bad, sorry. Even as a rough draft I would of asked what the gently caress they could possibly be thinking.

:smug: "Looks like this tranquil solution wasn't the holocaust you imagined" :smug:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 24, 2014

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Lotish posted:

It wouldn't even be that bad if it weren't for the facepaint, at least in femHawke's case. I always thought heHawke looked like some kind of Appalachian mountain man or something.

If more the armor was in flannel I probably would have liked DA2 more.

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

Drifter posted:

The forced :airquote:stealth:airquote: sections. Hoooo.

You could refuse Tallis' stealth plan and just charge in and kill everyone. Much easier!

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Pretty sure there was an achievement tied to doing the stealth sequence so sorry there wasn't a choice

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error

steakmancer posted:

Pretty sure there was an achievement tied to doing the stealth sequence so sorry there wasn't a choice

There is an achievement for it, but you can just turn it down and go in swords blazing. Unless you mean you have no choice because you need the little trophy?

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Uh, yeah

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Leelee posted:

There is an achievement for it, but you can just turn it down and go in swords blazing. Unless you mean you have no choice because you need the little trophy?

Bro, cheevo's bro.

:stare: Cheevo's are life :stare:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Leelee posted:

If you don't get a cheevo, how do you know you're having fun?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

I wonder if they'll make a separate cheevo for romancing each character hahahahaha of course they will

Nothing like my own, personal digital bed post to keep track of all my conquests yup :snoop:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Isizzlehorn posted:

I wonder if they'll make a separate cheevo for romancing each character hahahahaha of course they will

Nothing like my own, personal digital bed post to keep track of all my conquests yup :snoop:

The worst bit was that DAO gave you the achievement for sleeping with your love interest but then there was still a pretty major arc left in the relationship.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It wasn't the romance achievements that bothered me in DAO, it's that there was seriously an achievement for every possible ending; Alistair, Loghain and the Warden sacrificing themselves, or cheating death with the god-baby. I liked DAO, but I dunno if I like it enough to play a fifty hour game four times. And even if you're trying to cheese it, that's still you playing through like 3-4 hours of the same content at least three times.

Still not sure if it's as bad as ME1's companion achievements, but it's drat close.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The ME1 companion achievements were bullshit because they revolved around you dragging two specific characters around for like 75% of the game content. That's at least a few complete playthroughs of the game if you know what you're doing. I much preferred replaying 4 hours of content than dealing with ME1's repeat playthroughs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Nothing was worse than PLAY MOST OF THE GAME WITH THIS CHARACTER chevs from ME 1. And thankfully, neither ME nor DA 2 showed any sign of being that abusive to the gamer score addicts, so maybe there's hope yet that Inquisition won't be anything worse than "here's a digital badge to mark your fake conquest with a character, player!". :thumbsup:

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Raygereio posted:

Sadly no. If you suggest your dog as a champion Eamon will say "I'm afraid we can't leave the fate of all Ferelden up to your dog. Anyone with a leftover ham bone could buy his allegiance. Choose someone else."
The tone at which he says that is brilliant, you can hear the facepalm.

It really does need to be heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Policenaut posted:

The ME1 companion achievements were bullshit because they revolved around you dragging two specific characters around for like 75% of the game content. That's at least a few complete playthroughs of the game if you know what you're doing. I much preferred replaying 4 hours of content than dealing with ME1's repeat playthroughs.

Haha you actually did it though.

• Locked thread